• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Seizures & Blackouts on Psychedelics Thread

I tried shrooms once my Freshman year of college. A friend brought some & I wanted to be good host... it is my understanding that we split 4 grams. I knew very little about Shrooms... and had scheduled a whole day of visiting the city of new orleans - and I had made plans for us to go to the hairdresser. My friend had shroomed on the airplane & brought some... and silly me thought we could just shroom while we explored the city & had our hour highlighted. I had tried Ecstasy but no other drugs before... and really had no idea what I was getting into. A third friend who was not tripping was with us. I had not had anything to eat all day. At any rate... about an hour (maybe less) I became to become agitated. Everything was hard not soft (as was the case w/ Ecstasy). We headed to downtown New Orleans by street car and I remember thinking how on one side the homes looked like "Universal Studio Tours" and on the other they looked blahhhh... This frustrated me... I was feeling awfully nauseous... I began to get that feeling when I'm going to faint (I have fainted several times in my life). My friend who wasn't partying urged us to get off the street car... I'm not sure whether I began to go into convulsions and the street car stopped... My friends told me later my eyes completely rolled into the back of my head and I flopped like a fish.. someone offered to call an ambulance but friends told the passerby I was just sick, I came to and had visions of snakes all over me... there were a few people standing around and my friend told them I was fine. Someone got me a Po Boy and water. In the mean time I felt like I was floating in space -unanchored. I was really scared. We took a cab to my dorm and my friends tried to comfort me. I remember begging them to speak with me... to keep me anchored. My cousin had a bad trip on acid in college and has been institutionalized since. He is a schizophrenic. His condition probably caused me more anxiety, I was terrified that I would never "return" to conciousness as i knew it... and then about an hour later I was fine. I never tried shrooms again or tripped for that matter. I do believe my lack of food intake (I'm a petit female) and my overall anxiety of turning out like my cousin contributed to my seizure. I was also completely unprepared... which didn't help. One final footnote. The two friends with my that day... both died within two years (before we graduated from college). One from driving while intoxicated and the other due to a freak accident of faulty heating while studying abroad (carbon monoxide plumbing). I have photos from that day of the three of us.

^ that sucks both your mates are gone! makes me think i dont take enough photographs to treasure memories.

we talking field mushroom, 'magic mushroom', any old random 'shroom'...you eat the wrong mushroom (poison mushroom) you could definitely have a seizure, even deaths a possibility.

iv not heard or seen people have seizures from magic mushrooms...iv seen people well & truly believe they are a rooster, cockadoodledooing, flapping wings & perched rather than sat...they came back around again though...

OP was the dude epileptic or have any underlying health issues that you know of?

every year people die from ingesting dangerous / poisonous mushrooms.

EDIT: Seattle Stranger, I just read your trip report and I'm inclined to say you may have had a "chakra event" or perhaps simply a precipitous drop in blood pressure due to suddenly standing up and walking around after sitting/laying for a while. I know personally that when on psychedelics if I am really getting into the experience I feel like I can sense every connected neurotransmitter system in my body, including the autonomic responses like heart rate and spinal fluid flow. Deep mushroom tripping is really about trying to "stop time" by way of breath control and keeping focused on the darkness inside, and I'm quite convinced that if you try to stand up in the middle of an intense wave of psychedelia you will certainly disrupt a whole bunch of processes that were on their way to the dream state. You can't run up ten flights of stairs right after you wake up, can you? It's the same idea. Diving into the subconscious is simply counterindicated with any kind of physical movement IMO.

Well put my man!

Mini seizure on shrooms

I ate some mushrooms with a few friends this weekend and ended up having a seizure on my friends couch.

I ate around 3 grams or so over an hour and a half period and was doing fine the whole night until I was walking out side and I had felt like I swallowed my adam's apple which I thought was weird but it kinda freaked me out so I asked one of my friends to sit down and look for me, he did and he said everything looked fine and we both sat back and talked for a minute. The next thing I remember is him saying my name with a worried tone and me waking up and remembering nothing. I told him I didn't feel good and I wanted to go to the bathroom so we both stood up and I instantly fell and hit the ground and ended up laying there for a good while until I felt better.

My buddy told me the next day that he saw me on the couch seizing a little bit and that he was worried and that I should eat mushrooms again lol. Since then I have eaten them and been fine I was just curious if anyone might know why this happened.

There's some evidence that LSD lowers the seizure threshold, though probably not by much, and it's plausible the same is true for many other psychedelics. They likely increase the sort of "random" overstimulation that's theorized to snowball into seizures when it's intense enough. Seizures are not at all common on psyches, though, so far as I've read. You should probably get checked out by a neurologist just in case you've developed low-grade epilepsy -- the sort that might be expected to reveal itself under conditions of chemically-amplified stimulation -- as it could grow worse over time and there may be ways to mitigate it.

dont know if this applies to you, but there are a surprising number of meds that could make that happen, there is a thread here with more specific info, im no expert just throwing out some ideas :)

psychedelics do some weird shit.... the mega super intense emotions sometimes manifest as many things

I had a nearly identical experience on mushrooms once and I think it was a pronounced head rush, or orthostatic hypotension. It happened immediately after smoking some cannabis; I was sitting down, stood up, and became increasingly confused and disoriented before I fell down and passed out for about thirty seconds (during which I had some odd visions and auditory hallucinations). I had another similar experience after meditating in full-lotus for about 40 mintues; when I unfolded my legs, blood rushed to my head, and my mindstate was uncomfortably altered for about 30 seconds, during which time I could not speak. The similar experiences led me to believe that they were related, and orthostatic hypotension seems to account for both of their effects. It is possible something similar happened to you. With that said, it is probably best to keep the above poster's advice in mind regarding low-grade epilepsy, as there may be something else going on.

Seizures on mushrooms

To start off I consider myself to be a very experienced user, high doses of LSD many times and 60 mg of 2ce total in one night have been no problem.
But twice now I have been very high on mushrooms or 4-aco-dmt, and randomly fainted and had seizures.
The first time I was on 9 grams of mushrooms, although the mushrooms were shit I would say it was equivalent to maybe 4 grams of good zoomers, and I became a little stressed because I thought I hurt my hand, I remember being a little stressed but by no means gonna enter a bad trip, then I wake up to my friend shaking me while she's crying, and apparently I fainted, hit my head on the side of the bathroom tub, and had a seizure for a few seconds.
When I came too I vomited TONS of very black puke, and got really worried because I couldn't see out of my left eye.
But I kept convincing myself it was just the drugs and sure enough 20 minutes later I slowly regained my sight.

The other time on 4-aco-dmt the same thing happened but this time there was no stress, but right before it happened I was smoking pot and took a huge hoot and coughed my ass off, then I felt fine and maybe five minutes later I begin to feel extremely high out of nowhere, then fainted again and smashed my face on the ground splitting my lip open, and again when i came too I had the most intense visuals I've ever had on mushrooms and couldn't see out of my left eye.
But just like before it went away after about 20 minutes.

Has anyone else has this happen before??
Does my body just not react the best to mushrooms?

The same thing happened to a close friend of mine after he smoked weed on 4-ho-met, he was unfortunate enough to fall and fracture his skull and warranted us taking him to the ER.

The doctors chalked it up to dehydration and low blood sugar, he usually only eats once a day so if you're like him maybe try eating more.

Saw a friend have a 5 sec seizure on shrooms+weed+alcohol. Bashed his head on the tile. Very freaky shit, especially when you're tripping yourself... I can understand why your friend cried.
From what i've gathered, some people are more prone to having seizures. It would be safer to not mix the shrooms with anything, keep it low dose, and make sure you've eaten enough.
The biggest danger is banging your head, so stay in the couch or so.

To start off I consider myself to be a very experienced user, high doses of LSD many times and 60 mg of 2ce total in one night have been no problem.
But twice now I have been very high on mushrooms or 4-aco-dmt, and randomly fainted and had seizures.
The first time I was on 9 grams of mushrooms, although the mushrooms were shit I would say it was equivalent to maybe 4 grams of good zoomers, and I became a little stressed because I thought I hurt my hand, I remember being a little stressed but by no means gonna enter a bad trip, then I wake up to my friend shaking me while she's crying, and apparently I fainted, hit my head on the side of the bathroom tub, and had a seizure for a few seconds.
When I came too I vomited TONS of very black puke, and got really worried because I couldn't see out of my left eye.
But I kept convincing myself it was just the drugs and sure enough 20 minutes later I slowly regained my sight.

The other time on 4-aco-dmt the same thing happened but this time there was no stress, but right before it happened I was smoking pot and took a huge hoot and coughed my ass off, then I felt fine and maybe five minutes later I begin to feel extremely high out of nowhere, then fainted again and smashed my face on the ground splitting my lip open, and again when i came too I had the most intense visuals I've ever had on mushrooms and couldn't see out of my left eye.
But just like before it went away after about 20 minutes.

Has anyone else has this happen before??
Does my body just not react the best to mushrooms?

Are you taking any medications? Also could of just been the 9 grams you took not agreeing with you.

I've had similar things happen to me twice on mushrooms plus cannabis. To me this is an unique combination in that it tends to lead to this kind of trouble, and I've heard others reporting the same.

Both times, on the come-down of the trip, I was suddenly hit with an extremely intense sensation of nausea - not the puking kind, but the more profound "existential" nausea that feels like dying. One time I sat down and I recovered in a few minutes. The other time it progressed into what I can best describe as a conscious faint. Instead of falling into unconsciousness as I normally do when fainting, I remained conscious the entire time as I saw the world dissolve into nothingness before me and desperately clinging to my thoughts as they were stripped apart, knowing that when they all disappear I would be dead.

Apparently I was twitching in a seizure-like manner during this time. When I came to, I said that only birth and death could be this intense. This was indeed one of the most intense experiences I've had, up there with an ego death dose of 5-MeO-DMT. Actually, that's the only thing I can compare it to.

I should add that weed has always made me a bit uncomfortable, but I've combined it with a lot of psychedelics and only together with mushrooms did it cause this kind of issue.

It totally escaped me but its mushroom 'od' that you guys experienced.I also had this happen to me at a festival minus the seisure.

somebody please change the title of this thread to SHAKY SHROOMIES...cuz that shits hilarious to me right now

The first time on 9 grams of mushy i hadn't eaten much that particular day and had driven 9 hours from the city back home so I attribute it to that, and the time with 4-aco-dmt was when I blazed so perhaps that.
Still scary shit haha

My friend passed out on 3g os some killer cubes once, although he had also problems with sleeping bad and eating crap, also he has some benzo issues so i think it was more up to his health failing than anything else.

Anyway he said he got extreme visuals during the time he was out and just ridin the wave hard.

Weird though that shrooms seem to make some people pass out /seizures

three times in my life i have had these blackout/seizures , twice from mushrooms and once from 10mg 2ct7 insufflated (by accident).. its a real strange feeling, although the 2C-T-7 blackout/seizure was scarier (cause of the noted deaths) but they felt similar, an awful bout of anxiety swooped over me, i began sweating. becoming irratible, next thing im being picked from the floor covered in sweat! still unknown to why it happens, all i know is i do take it easy when going in on phychdelics now, no way is it overdose from these drugs, although the 2-ct7 could have been

[Mushrooms Subthread] Seizures & Blackouts

Alright so the first time i took shrooms everything was great. i had a good buzz and felt great. had mild visuals but other than that mostly just mood enhancement. So today my friend asks me if i wanted t0 buy some shrooms and i'm just like "why the fuck not" so i buy two grams and down them on an empty stomach. This was at 5:30

6:30

I was feeling really good and just loving life and music and people just euphoria, then my friend (Who was driving) picks up this girl that wanted to smoke with us and we head off for this spot along the river that we chill and smoke at.

7:15

Things are starting to get intense. the rocks around me are shifting and rearranging themselves and it seems like they were made out of thousands of little cubes, and then i started feeling like you do when you drink just a little too much and know that that your fucked. I remember saying "whoa, hey man i think..." then boom nothing. i was in a deep trance. just this overwhelming sense of zen and this crazy pattern was sending my mind in every direction. i felt at one with everything and anything around me then suddenly i freak out and realize that im laying face down in the dirt. My friend and this girl are going crazy, freaking out if im alright and just being really annoying because as soon as i woke up my senses exploded and i had no idea who i was or who they were or what the fuck was going on. Anyway after i get my bearings they proceed to tell me that i just blacked out and hit my head against the rock i was sitting on, then layed on the ground twitching and spasming like i was trying to do the worm. crazy shit.

7:30

we get back to the car and im still high as shit, not so much visuals but just senses overload. and i keep feeling like im not safe. like something huge was missing and that everything was wrong. My friend takes me to get something to eat and after an hour or so i start to finally feel sober again.

This shit was really scary as hell as i've never passed out on any drug before except drinking way too much. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? i should mention that i took maybe 6 hits out of a chillum before i blacked out but i smoke weed everyday so i doubt it was the reason it happened.