• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Seasons/Weather and Tripping Thread

heat is LSD killer,even when it enter your body,your body is hot in hot day too.The organs that are deep arent much altered but everything close to skin is very hot in hot day,if blood with lsd comes to these parts then I bet the lsd will be destroyed faster

Your body won't be significantly hot enough to destroy LSD, seriously it's not like you can really heat up like that. You sweat and cool down, otherwise you got problems. ;)

It's curious that the OP didn't trip the first time. I would like to illustrate that the intensity of the trip can be acutely dependent on the setting: have you ever walked outside your house tripping or went inside? Or went from a place with a lot of people to where you were alone or the other way around? It can be enough to instantly stop visual distortions or start them.

Tripping in the Winter

I'm going home for winter break in a bit over a week. I live in a cold as crap area and there will most likely be snow very soon. I'm also planning to trip on heady boomers as soon after I get back. I don't see a lot of reports on tripping in the cold/snow so do any of you have winter trip experiences or advice you'd like to share?

Last edited:
Bundle up and don't think playing around in the snow is the coolest of ideas. I've done it before and you might not realize how cold you are when you're tripping but you can get in some deep shit if you don't prepare yourself. I had to call a friend to drive us home because we were too cold and had wandered too far away from my house.

I've done it; tripping in the snow but I'd really only suggest doing so if you also have an indoor space you can go to that is heated. It does get cold and most psychedelics last a long time. Wandering around for 1-2 hours in the cold (dress warm, bring everything you may need) is really, really fun seeing how things become seriously beautiful (high dose of LSD and thick layers of snow have given me some of the most beautiful sights ever) but really staying outside for the intire duration of a trip would seem unpleasant.

on a mescaline experience....

i looked back and saw my footprints through the snow. the beauty and power almost brings tears to my eyes, each one absolutely crucial in the quantum arranging of tomorrows form. each footstep is a ripple which though 'placed' in a mundane manner, has anything-but mundane effects on the overall progression of occurrence.

a living chaos theory lesson...thank you cactus :)

but yes, snow and winter and amazing for trips if you are bundled up accordingly.

Like everyone else has mentioned, make sure you stay very warm. However, one of my favorite times to trip is actually when it is snowing, there's something about the snow and cold that just makes everything seem clearer to me when I am tripping.

That's for the replies guys! I absolutely would not be spending the entire time outside. I'm sure that even in an altered state, I probably wouldn't enjoy it for very long. I live in the midwest (Ayahua) and it's been going down into the low teens at night which is when I plan to shroom.

like every other answer make sure your warm and dont be out to long, other than that its alright i find it a tad depressing how every thing is all dead and wilty where as summer is like rainbows exploding everywhere i find i see patterns and stuff in the snow still but colours seem pretty distant with winter tripping.

If it's snowing look directly up into the sky and try to focus in on individual snow flakes as they fall....You won't regret it.

I also remember chipping away at ice chunks and collecting "trip crystals". Winter is fun !

I would definitely agree with the staying warm advice! One of my most visually magnificent mushroom trips was in a blizzard. There was not a car or person outside but me and another friend. There was something about a whiteout that left everything to the shrooms and imagination to fill in.

Afterwards we went back to a friends house and made a fire. Warmth was nice but we went right back out into the sparkly snow and finished off the trip!!!

stay warm, be safe, have fun!!!

I'm located up in the great white north, and tripping in the snow is one of the best few trips that I have had. It's like having a bedsheet over everything, and the sparkles of moonlight on the snow can initiate many nice visuals. I also find it much clearer as sandoz was saying. Definitely recommend it. Don't stray too far away from your warm place.

I tripped in the winter while I was away at college. It was that odd day after finals in which most of the students had gone home for winter break, while a few of us were stuck behind for an extra day. Lucky for me, most of my friends were still there so I had options of places to go where I could hang out. Once they started kicking in we went outside and it was snowing. I remember that walking on the snow reminded me so much of walking on sand, so I had that warm vision in the cold dark night. The night ended up being pretty crazy to be honest, but nothing bad happened. I actually ended up being the one keeping everyone in check, yet they weren't on mushrooms.

I had actually started having a bad trip in the very beginning, so I left the 2 people that I had taken them with in there, because I didn't want my bad trip rubbing off on them. I knew that if I hung out with these two girls that I was close with that it would all be fine, because they are two of the chillest girls I have ever know. Sure enough, right after I go to their room their positive energy rubbed off on me and everything was good from then on.

Like I said, there was some pretty crazy things that happened that night, and I was somehow the one that took control since I was thinking on that different level. It was such a memorable night, yet at the start of it I didn't think it was going to end well. Oh, I almost forgot to mention, these were by far the strongest mushrooms I have ever done. I wasn't even supposed to trip that night because my friend had only picked up 4 grams, but he obviously didn't want to be the only one doing them so he took two grams and gave me and our friend 1 gram each. I remember that she started geeking out and I was thinking "look at this amateur, she took 1 gram and is on the floor laughing hysterically." A couple minutes later I looked over at that Kramer painting, ya know the one from Seinfeld, and I was analyzing the shit out of it, and next thing you know the room started breathing with the walls moving in and out. I've pretty much covered the rest of it from here on, so that is all.

I smoked a DMT blunt with my buddy in the middle of our scenic college campus, dead winter foot plus of insane fresh snow, we could barely smoke the damn thing out there.

Just make sure you got some waterproof boots on. Then you can run hog wild on those bitches.

If it's snowing look directly up into the sky and try to focus in on individual snow flakes as they fall....You won't regret it.

This is a great idea. I've done something similar while tripping on acid during a rainshower, and I could identify individual drops and follow them through the air as they collided with other drops multiple times on the way to the ground. It was awesome!

I smoked a DMT blunt with my buddy in the middle of our scenic college campus, dead winter foot plus of insane fresh snow, we could barely smoke the damn thing out there.

Just make sure you got some waterproof boots on. Then you can run hog wild on those bitches.

Whoa! How much deem you put in a blunt?

I"m not 100% where I should put this post so I"m going to hope this is alright. I'm going home for winter break in a bit over a week. I live in a cold as crap area and there will most likely be snow very soon. I'm also planning trip soon after I get back. I don't see a lot of reports on tripping in the cold/snow so do any of you have winter trip experiences you'd like to share?

smoked some DMT the other night, it was cold outside, no snow, and i was inside, but i didnt even get up and walk around till it was pretty much over n then i went outside and walked around a bit, was walking around the other night tho on campus with my girl and i couldnt help but think man i love this cold and i love the lights i wish i had some fungus

This is a great idea. I've done something similar while tripping on acid during a rainshower, and I could identify individual drops and follow them through the air as they collided with other drops multiple times on the way to the ground. It was awesome!

That sounds gorgeous. That is definitely on my to do list.