• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Seasons/Weather and Tripping Thread

I'm looking forward to tripping this winter, except for the fact that I live in Northeast US so it's going to be quite cold. I like to spend most of my trips outdoors, surrounded by nature, so I'm a little saddened that I won't be able to that now (lest I freeze to death). However, I'm quite excited at the prospect of tripping in the snow. I figure as long as I put on enough layers, it'll still be enjoyable without being too cold.

I'm looking forward to tripping this winter, except for the fact that I live in Northeast US so it's going to be quite cold. I like to spend most of my trips outdoors, surrounded by nature, so I'm a little saddened that I won't be able to that now (lest I freeze to death). However, I'm quite excited at the prospect of tripping in the snow. I figure as long as I put on enough layers, it'll still be enjoyable without being too cold.

Just of out curiosity, how cold does it get there?

I'm barely able to stay indoors anywhere while experiencing psilocybe/mescaline It just reminds me of how worthless all material objects are, excluding musical instruments/stereo. The forests are beautiful in the snow, just make sure you are in an area you are familiar with & layered heavily with clothes. It's a good idea to collect firewood beforehand & get a fire going until you have many hardwood coals glowing so you can return & stoke the fire A buddy & myself wandered off one night & hiked 12 hours while shrooming, we were bundled, had backpacks of food, an assortment of small (flash)lights, but you'll find you dont need to use them if everything is covered w/ snow.
It was an experience I'll remember if I live a century...
We were in Upper Peninnsulla Michigan

Last edited:
Just of out curiosity, how cold does it get there?

At its coldest, it usually goes down to single digits (Fahrenheit), and it's pretty typical to see the weather in the teens throughout January. Right now it's 37, but I was outside not too long ago and it felt super cold (and windy! the wind is the worst). I'm also not a fan of cold weather in general, so perhaps I'm more susceptible to its effects.

It's still in the 30s here now (but it has gone down to the teens at night). Next Sunday it's supposed to go up to like 43 so that's when I"m planning to do it.

For some reason, I associate winter more with acid than with mushrooms. I have acid as well but I have my mind set on shrooming. I'll save the acid for later.

At its coldest, it usually goes down to single digits (Fahrenheit), and it's pretty typical to see the weather in the teens throughout January. Right now it's 37, but I was outside not too long ago and it felt super cold (and windy! the wind is the worst). I'm also not a fan of cold weather in general, so perhaps I'm more susceptible to its effects.
Well IDK about you, I live in slight NE US doesn't get to cold, rare that it would drop below, -5 F max and its usually around 20ish F and I have serious winter gear so it really isn't that bad. I've taken two and half hour walks into the winter cold when it was maybe around 34 F max. Just bundled up with serious WP gear thats meant to be used outside for a bit of time in the cold. I don't dislike the cold though and also the most important key to staying outdoors for long periods of time in the cold is to make sure theres zero wind. It makes it easier to stay sustained and all that. I only followed a cement trail that runs through woods and I know like the back of my hand though because IDK if anyone added but barren winter lands are extremely disorienting even without the aid of psychedelics and psychedelics can already make you feel lost in a place you've known forever, so be careful and make sure to have marked areas/things to follow and keep you on course if you venture to straight wilderness. I also advise to bring water and such, my gear has giant pockets so I can stuff w/e in there and take it along without to much hassle, also my gear is pretty lightweight/though extremely good warmth protecting material, as if you put tons of gear on your obviously going to sweat buckets under the strain. I find its best though to only stay out for around an hours time as to much longer makes it take time to readapt to indoor temps and the like, usually the only reason I ended out longer was the sheer mesmerizing power of snow. This winter too, I figured instead of hiking into the wilderness I should hike into the land of streetlamps, don't know why I never thought about it, i've loved that view since I was a child.

Tripping when it's snowing is magic. The snowflakes are hypnotic and feel "kind" when they touch you. Since up here in the North the variation between summer and winter is so huge, it obviously affects tripping.

Summers, when it's light 24/7 (the sun does set for a few hours here but it's still not dark), and winters, when there's light only for a few hours. So tripping in the summer is tripping in constant light, while tripping during winter is tripping in darkness basically from the beginning to the end. If you're outside, obviously ;) The last couple of winters have been so snowy and cold I wouldn't have wanted to trip outside though. Sensations get a bit twisted and you don't always recognize the pain of coldness in your hands or feet. Or then you feel cold somewhere, but can't always localize the place (e.g. fingers). So I prefer the summer and the light, the mystic in light nights (I don't live as far up north as to witness the midnight sun though) is amazing.

What I would want to experience though is to travel further up north and witness Aurora Borealis in winter and the midnight sun in summer while tripping. They're both spectacular even on their own.

Norway?

You seem to have a climate quite similiar to where I live (the south coast in Finland), although the winters are, or can be, even colder here. Last winter there was a period of 3 months where the temperature never rose above 0 degrees ºC (32 ºF)- At the coldest, it was -32 degrees ºC (-25.6 ºF) one morning, and that's extreme here. Then there was a two week period with temperatures below -20 ºC (-4 ºF). It was really no good weather for tripping outside.

Sometimes we do have mild winters though, with temperatures mostly above 0 ºC (32 ºF). This winter has so far been very mild, just rain, but it would be nice to have a few snowy days for tripping. An ideal temperature for tripping in winter would be -5 ºC (23 ºF) and some snow.

(Damn Fahrenheit, I have to use a converter from ºC to understand ºF)

heh a nice thread dandified :)

and appropriate too, since sumemr will be here... damn i miss tripping outdoors during daytime in the forrest... probably my happiest trips

I don't like to trip when it's cold, I like the warm. And night can be good but I prefer days. Outdoors in nature is the best.