• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelics & Gender Thread and Poll

For those of you who use psychedelics: what is your gender?

• Male

Votes: 122 84.7%
  • Female

Votes: 22 15.3%

• Total voters
looks more like a poll of what gender hunts down more forums.

to be honest, i know about the same amount of male and female trippers, and for the last couple of months my second home has been a house of 4 lovely ladies who i trip with regularly, as well as showing them some more exotic things. the last time i tripped was me with 5 women and one of their little brothers who was just around.

edit: upon further inspection i would say that the number of regular female trippers i know slightly outweighs the guys. the guys tend to go harder, but less often. women are generally more inclined to the milder alterations perhaps?

I agree with the above.

But I also feel like less females do psychs, and just drugs in general. Some weird cultural/social thing? (at least in the US)

Oh, and I'm female. WHO WANTS TO GIGGLEFEST!?

Honestly, since I've tripped with another girl on only two occasions, I remember them... it's odd, due to the lack of females in the scene it just... or maybe just overall... it feels like bonding with a "sister" so to speak.

The girls of BL should meet up and have a psychedelic slumber party, practice kissing, and just overall be awesome :D

awesome yes, but you totally forgot goose-down pillow fights... duh! ;)

One thing you need to account for....Men spend more time on message boards than women. At least that is what I remember a lot of polls showing. Any poll that relies on online internet forum activity is going to produce results with more male voters.

^^ That is a very good point Sentience.
Even considering that I didn't expect the results to be so skewed!

It's weird. I wonder if guys ever feel that way about the genders present when they're tripping? I suppose it depends. I think that when there's a lot of other males and one female, it just wouldn't occur to them. It's more so the oddman out feeling. Not that I got anything against tripping with males. Some of them are snuggly.

Nope. Makes no difference. All about their personality.

Of course, if you're not used to tripping with a particular gender, and then out of the blue you end up tripping in that situation, you're obviously going to think about that and draw some conclusions while tripping. Having tripped many many times with all guys, all girls, or a heavy mix of both (sometimes a LOT of us drop acid together) it really doesn't matter what gender people are, provided you're used to the mix.

One thing you need to account for....Men spend more time on message boards than women. At least that is what I remember a lot of polls showing. Any poll that relies on online internet forum activity is going to produce results with more male voters.

Yeah there's that inherent bias stemming from the medium. Damn it to hell.

You could try a poll with 4 or more options like....

I am male and love Psychedelics
I am male and occasionally use Psychedelics
I am male and do not use Psychedelics.
I am female and love Psychedelics
I am female and occasionally use Psychedelics
I am female and do not use Psychedelics.
I do not fit neatly into your boxes and gender/drug stereotypes

i think that proportionally there are more male BL'ers than female, so this poll doesn't necessarilly show the real ratio of female and male psych users.

All this and the other thread shows is that males are more inclned to talk about psychedelics on a forum then females.

i agree. Ive known plenty of females that trip but they're not much into posting on internet forums.

It seems that there aren't many female trippers, much less chemists. Every tripper I know except for my gf is male. I'm the only girl I know who knows anything about the chmistry or pharmachology of these things.

I'm male and I role deep in ethnic females and white girls, genderqueers, and straight and queer cisguy tripping buddies. I also know a female chemist or two. Where I'm from, it's gays and females who run the upper echelons of the drug game.

I wonder though, what are people's sexual orientations who trip a lot. Because in general, sexual minorities tend to use more drogas than het folks.

Statistically speaking, there are always at least twice as many males as females that do drugs. Even in regards to cannabis, let alone harder drugs like Lsd or mdma.
This reason, paired with astronomically disproportionately larger number of men, who are active on forums makes me completely unsurprised at the results.

I even suspect a small bunch of men lying on the poll just so that it doesn't appear even a more laughable sausage fest than the results of the poll show. :\

It seems that there aren't many female trippers, much less chemists. Every tripper I know except for my gf is male. I'm the only girl I know who knows anything about the chmistry or pharmachology of these things.

I would say that you have just been unlucky in who you've met then! I can't speak for this forum specifically, but there are plenty of female psychonauts out there. In fact, I would say that the only truly dedicated psychonauts I know are female.... All the males seem to just be there for an occasional trip out. Also, whenever I talk in depth about psychedelic chemistry and pharmacology, the girls seem to be the only ones genuinely interested beyond just wanting to increase general knowledge, to the point that some of them take notes. Also, I'm female and I've yet to meet anyone in person in my whole life who likes tripping as much as I do. Or chemistry or pharmacology for that matter.... I have also met one chemist so far, who was also female.

Statistically speaking, there are always at least twice as many males as females that do drugs. Even in regards to cannabis, let alone harder drugs like Lsd or mdma.
This reason, paired with astronomically disproportionately larger number of men, who are active on forums makes me completely unsurprised at the results.

I even suspect a small bunch of men lying on the poll just so that it doesn't appear even a more laughable sausage fest than the results of the poll show. :\

What statistics, exactly? When I looked into this, the very first thing I found was NIDA analyzing drug use surveys, and they found that "'Males are more likely than females to have an opportunity to use drugs," but, "There is no male-female difference with respect to trying a drug once an opportunity to do so has been experienced.' ... The findings are consistent for marijuana, cocaine, hallucinogens, and heroin, Dr. Anthony says. The proportion of opportunities to use marijuana was 59 percent of males compared with 43.9 percent of females; to use cocaine, 28.7 percent of males and 18.3 percent of females; to use hallucinogens, 18.6 percent of males and 10 percent of females; and to use heroin, 7.8 percent of males and 3.2 percent of females."

My source, with graphs.

That definitely doesn't seem like at least twice as many males compared to females to me.