• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelics & Gender Thread and Poll

For those of you who use psychedelics: what is your gender?

• Male

Votes: 122 84.7%
  • Female

Votes: 22 15.3%

• Total voters

thespiral

Bluelighter
Female psychedelic users. How many of us are there out there?

Last edited:
Well I don't believe it, there is nothing good I can find on this! :D

Let's add to this a gender poll. I can see this become quite Big, Dandy and Main.

I'm sure the subject has come up though, let me take another gander in the meanwhile...

Whoops, it appears you are the only tripper out there ladyinthesky :D

No but seriously I just found a thread with a similar poll where you can add up the numbers to get the genders.

The numbers are currently:
14% Female
86% Male

I discounted the 5th answer which is inconclusive about the gender. If you like I can reopen the poll and stuff in the numbers from the other poll so that we can continue with a simple male/female poll?

edit: screw it. Thats exactly what I'll do. It's a sensible question and this poll deserves existence. ;)

Do you have a bot running 24/7 searching for the word 'female' so as to monitor every and all gigglegatherings? =D

And no it is not suspect at all that I think of this.

As you can see the poll is reopened and magically filled with votes :p
Also changed the thread title to keep it more fair, though I don't want to totally ruin thespirals thread so I welcome
women especially to speak up after voting since they are obviously in the minority!

world need more female psychedelic users...

OK great job on digging that up man! But what to do with this then?
My vote would go to merging these two together, including the numbers -
and giving the resulting thread the name this one here has. Then its most
general instead of naming it something about masculinity or females.

I dont think this poll will actually give us a good idea of the population. IME, which obviously could be wrong, the posters on this site seem to be male dominated which would really skew the results. As it stands though in my real world experiences with gender and tripping, it would seem that its about 66% guys 33% girls. This is at a college where these things move around quickly

noooooooooooo.

Ok, we'll leave it unmerged for a bit, but it is the same topic basically. Read that other thread for some good discussion.

We'll eventually merge it to keep the discussions together and keep the forum tidy. :)

I know absolutely none. Well I shouldn't say that; I know 1 or 2, but they use it to get "high as a kite" and never ever solo.

I know a fair amount of girls that use things like LSD, shrooms, and MDMA, but none that have had an interest in, or sought out 2c-x's, DOx's, 4sub trypts, or even DMT honestly. I'm sure they're out there, but I haven't had any luck meeting them... Maybe if i can make it to the MAPS 2010 Conference...

None of the ones I know are solo trippers but they will indulge at gatherings every once in awhile

Most of them are into mushrooms and LSD and have just starting learning about the other substances out there

But they aren't as serious about it as my male friends

I'm male, and so are the majority of my tripping buddies. I do know quite a few girls who have experimented with psychedelics (typically LSD and mushrooms) but generally they don't seem to be as interested as males. I only have a couple of female friends who are anything resembling serious psychedelic users and even they are usually not interested in RCs and obscure drugs (the one girl who likes psychs the most still generally sticks to LSD, shrooms, and DMT).

I know one or two girls that trip... and a couple more I have met but don't really know.
Fine lets leave this be for now, and yes I agree this gives us an idea of how many tripping visitors of PD are male / female which is an extra factor.
But still, apparently there are more girls behind computers, going about the net and gaming their asses off than is sometimes thought - right?

I am a male, and I trip. duh. :)

My girlfriend trips with me, she used to do it more before until she got her brain and body smacked around by some Psilocin. Just add an imaginary +1 to girls because I dont think she has time to get on Bluelight anytime soon :) haha

All this and the other thread shows is that males are more inclned to talk about psychedelics on a forum then females.