• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelics & Gender Thread and Poll

For those of you who use psychedelics: what is your gender?

• Male

Votes: 122 84.7%
  • Female

Votes: 22 15.3%

• Total voters
In my general experience there are less female psych users. This however greatly depends on what scene you meet these people in.

Could the reason (or a reason) be obtained from looking at the whole of humanity and the situation we are in at this point. The world is male dominated for the most part. Could this in turn be driving more of the aware males to search for the higher meaning in life. Whereas the average female would not have the drive to search like the average male would. Simply because they are already more "in-tune" with the direction humanity needs to go than the average male is?

or they maybe just don't like tripping? Ever thought about that?

People, stop overanalyzing everything. I treat tripping as a semi-hobby (depends from person to person) ... and like all other hobbies, some have more women, others have more men. Don't have to seek for any philosophical reasons why there aren't that many women bbq enthusiasts, or male musical preformers, or women railway enthusiasts or male yoga-doers or female psychadelics users. It's how it is.

If I think about my circle of friends, it's about equal male:female in terms of who uses or has used psychedelics, but the males use more frequently.

I've been to a lot of festivals where people use psychedelics, and it's definitely true that not everyone is taking them, but a lot of them are! It's always hard to say who is and who isn't because people tend to be private about it for legality reasons. Plus if you're sober you are biased to think everyone else is too, and if you're tripping you think everyone else is tripping. In any case, who cares who's tripping and who's not, the important thing at a festival is to contribute, celebrate, dance, smile, look after each other.

or they maybe just don't like tripping? Ever thought about that?

People, stop overanalyzing everything. I treat tripping as a semi-hobby (depends from person to person) ... and like all other hobbies, some have more women, others have more men. Don't have to seek for any philosophical reasons why there aren't that many women bbq enthusiasts, or male musical preformers, or women railway enthusiasts or male yoga-doers or female psychadelics users. It's how it is.

This. Gender essentialism is silly - you can't support claims that women or men are inherently more this or that as long as there are socially defined gender roles and expectations.

Interesting poll results... matches my experience. For some reason...?