• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelics and Food Thread - We're Hungry Hungry Hippies

Psychedelics, deliriants and the perception of food

Hi all. Probably there're many threads regarding the altered taste perceptions while on some sort of psychedelic, deliriants and other drugs. As many report weed makes food more intense. IMO sweet foods start to taste too intense, beer is having more bitter taste and salty foods get just delicious. Strong liquor feels kind of choking and drinking it becomes harder but cold drinks feel refreshing as never before. What's your opinion about eating on Salvia? After smoking some regular Salvia with general feeling of happiness, some minor psychedelic effects and nowhere nearly breaking through I felt stronger appreciation for any kind of food and vodka just feels incredible. Combination of mild Salvia and weed or Salvia, weed and 1 mg of Xanax makes food & drinks feel even better. For me Dramamine also makes chocolate more intense and fried potatoes & sausages feel like out of this world (one of the main reasons I used to drink these pills). What could you tell about your food psychedelic deliriant and other drug combinations you've tried? What in your opinion are the best drug combos when it comes to appreciating food? Thanks in advance. My list with no particular order to appreciate food better:
1.Weed 2.Weed + Xanax 3.Dramamine 4.Salvia 5.Salvia + weed 6.Salvia + weed + xanax (small amounts of each)

i love eating fruit on LSD - especially stone fruit (peaches, nectarines) and pears. the texture and sweetness is wonderful and most definitely heightened.

healthy food on psychedelics is where its at for me - i can't really enjoy fatty or processed food, the negativity of it comes to the forefront of my perception, and highly artificial food feels sort of poisonous. i don't really know how people manage to eat trashy junk food when they're tripping, or at least how they manage to enjoy it.

i love eating fruit on LSD - especially stone fruit (peaches, nectarines) and pears. the texture and sweetness is wonderful and most definitely heightened.

healthy food on psychedelics is where its at for me - i can't really enjoy fatty or processed food, the negativity of it comes to the forefront of my perception, and highly artificial food feels sort of poisonous. i don't really know how people manage to eat trashy junk food when they're tripping, or at least how they manage to enjoy it.

On the other side, when I get really stoned is just about the only time that I can tolerate eating unhealthy food. Rich, sweet, processed stuff is SOOOO tasty.

On the other side, when I get really stoned is just about the only time that I can tolerate eating unhealthy food. Rich, sweet, processed stuff is SOOOO tasty.

Tripping on LSD and getting stoned are kinda two entirely different things. Unless by getting "stoned" you mean tripping on LSD, which is a bit unusual nomenclature ;)

Try some strawberry yoghurt with m&m's, any kind of ice cream, pineapple, mango, these are just a few favourites. For tripping healthy foods are definately where it's at although I never really get hungry until the comedown. It's basically a matter of bodyload for me, things like lsd are perfect because then my body still feels relatively normal.
Weed is something else haha, munch sessions regularly get out of control :p

Psychedelics makes it just as hard for me to eat as any amphetamines would. Even if I'm hungry, food just tastes like utter shit to me. I also can't really eat if I smoke weed. Not only does eating kill my high pretty quickly, but getting high reduces hunger cravings - almost like a cigarette would. Xanax on the other hand.. Fuck I wish I had a burrito and a xanax right now :D

When on any kind of mescaline-containing cactus, especially peyote, my perception of sweetness changes. Anything known to be sweet tastes unbearably abrasive to me, I feel like I should not eat sugar while on it. Actually, it feels unnatural to eat anything, really, within the first 6 hours of eating peyote. On any other psychedelic, though, everything tastes better. Salvia encourages me to eat green things and stay away from yellow/offwhite things. More later.

I remember when I was on acid with two friends, and one of them had a pack of wine gums. We were peaking and my friend gave one to me, and one to my other friend. We chewed them, and... oh man, it was so weird and so good. My friend who handed them out said "so how was that?" and my other friend and I thought for a moment and then said in exact unison "I want another one!"

Then all three of us fell about laughing for the longest time and the wine gums were completely forgotten.

P.S. - OP I love your thread title, it reads like the title of a research paper or journal article.

Great topic.

I find eating a double edged blade when my taste perception is enhanced. On the one hand even simple tastes can be amazingly alive, but on the other there can be too much going on (if that makes sense). I find it's best to keep to simple, 'monotone' flavours rather than complex dishes in order to explore one sensation to its fullest.

Eating on mid-sized doses of MXE or when I'm very stoned on cannabis can be kinda gross because I feel every act of the consumption in revoltingly precise detail: I'm hyper aware of my teeth mascerating the food stuff, and of the juicy sounds of my saliva squishing around, and the feeling of the mouthful as it moves down my esophogus... it's all too visceral.

^ Ugh, body horror! I haven't tried to eat on MXE, and thanks to you I never will. It sounds like directly experiencing a David Cronenberg film or a William S. Burroughs routine.

"The title means exactly what the words say: naked lunch, a frozen moment when everyone sees what is on the end of every fork." - WSB

What to eat while tripping

While tripping several vitamins and other stuff are used by out body while cleansing our body from the compounds. I would like to know from other users what kind of supplements you are using before and after different compounds to rebalance your body for the needed vitamins and stuff to make it easier for your body.

My personal findings at the moment as general revitalizers to eat both before, under and after pary being the following:

Cacao powder, 100% pure
This powder contains alot of anti-oxidants, dopamine, serotonin and alot of tryptofans. It's a battery recharder for your body in general.

Bee-Pollen
Together with a fully packed nutrient bomb it also contains all the B vitamins, for people doing psycedelics it boosts your recoperation by alot so ifg doing say LSD where you need say 12 days for fully recharging you can do it in say 5 days with this. I also find the comedown from MXE being so much better if ingesting some bee-pollen

Do you know of any other particular vitamins or supplements that are needed, even for certain compounds if possible. I would love to know what could ease a dopamin overload, or what to boost a serotonin overload if any other than bee-pollen aswell.

i usually try to take some vitamins C and E before tripping, especially on phenethylamines (2ce and 2cb are the only ones i've tried)

see this page: http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v04n1/04134pea.html

it's probably not a bad idea before LSD or tryptamines either.

i always very much enjoy eating an orange while under the influence of LSD too :)

Raw fermented foods, loaded with probiotics and all the enzymes you need for healthy digestion.
rejuvelac is a beverage loaded with probiotics, also read on traditional "lacto fermentation"

Also gojis and other super fruits are good for the function you mention.
I like herbs and tinctures during and after a trip, echonecea and other healthy supplemental herbs.

Fresh squeezed juice is awesome for revitalizing the body too...a few carrots and some oranges! Fucking awesome, or melon juice is good too.any raw juice s nutrition is absorbed by the body at close to 90% where's when eaten with accompanying fiber are only absorbed around 50%due to breakdown of the nutritious components during stomach acid digestion.for me raw juices are my supplement of choice, if you really wanna revitalize juice a bunch of green stuff, dandelion greens, broccoli, parsley etc, shit is amazing.

Cocao and be pollen are good ones for sure too :)

Fruit fasting is quite regenerative ime too

Oh and royal jelly is bee pollen squared lol

Pm me if your wanna hear more of my raw foodist suggestions :) I'm all about detox and healthy eating, gets me as high as the psychedelics!

+1 for a good thread. i like it. im gonna try the whole fruit fast thing afterwards. i cant imagine having an orange while tripping, i tend to never eat while tripping except for the occasional cracker to get rid of some odd drug tastes. i always figured if i ate, less drugs would be absorbed into my system.

is weed a psychedelic? LOL, if so then skittles always make my trips better

*Disclaimer: All posts made under this account are for fictional, Role Playing purposes, ONLY*

I eat a small portion of fruit after I trip, and maybe a protein bar. I gotta try some supplements though, because this fact that vitamins are flushed out of your body never occured to me!

P.S. Why don't you try a handful of sour skittles while tripping one day... Like an explosion in your mouth, LOL, good times

fresh fruit and veg.

^^ dude ganja definitely has psychedelic properties, you must be smoking some shit weed if you didn't realise that =D

Hemp seed/chia/sunflower/pistachios, For fats/efa's/protein/trace minerals.
Fruit & vegeatables raw, i like carrots, celery w/wout penaut butter, bananas, mango, cantaloupe, berries, ect. Usually something with some sugar in it.
Possibly some quinoa if its been washed thoroughly to get the gut busting stuff off the grain, or rice sometimes.

I'll usually eat a small amount right after i'm fully peaking, and then snack as necessary on the comedown when i start to feel the need for fuel. Sometimes magnesium when coming down depending on how i feel. I usually fast 3-4 hrs before ingestion, after a good breakfast. Seems to work good for my body with pretty much anything I've tried.

And lots of water, always lots of water. Maybe a pot of jasmine green tea coming down.

Last edited:
fresh fruit and veg.

^^ dude ganja definitely has psychedelic properties, you must be smoking some shit weed if you didn't realise that =D
of course i realized this. what the op considers as psychedelic and doesnt is up to him. also cannibus has its own forum dedicated to it seperate from psychs