• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelic Thought Loops Thread

i like when logic and reason loop, and thoughts run in circles. Everything leads back to itself, and questions start answering themselves... if that makes any sense

ther would be only one way to stop/avoid a "loop" I think: just stop it (willpower)...I don't think there is another way to explain it, it's just like raising your hands up: you decide it firmly and just do it, your willpower making it become true. If your don't have willpower enough to do it, then have fun in loopings haha...other than this trying to ground yourself, calm down and allowing yourself to "let go" could help: but you need willpower first.

^Nah, the other way is when yer head explodes:\

The worst/best ones I've had usually implode on themselves as my brain just gets to a point where it refuses to compute it any more.......:D

^ So are you ashamed or feeling clever%)

I'm usually surprised to find that the young and musically hip have never heard of the Beatles, the Stones, Harry Zimmerman etc;)

sry for OT:
im 20 and listening to exactly that song from the beatles right now. nice coincidence :)

lol i was caught in a crazy loop before on mushrooms (well actually every time,but this one is the most memorable)
i was literally caught in a 5 ft area inbetween this chair i was sitting in and the front door
for what seemed like hours
i would get up to go to the door
then for some reason i would always end up back in the chair
never making it outside
every time i got up i new what was happening
that i kept getting up and sitting down,getting up and sitting down....and on and on
but i just couldn't stop it
fuckin hillarious when i finally got out of it
but damn

On my first dose of shrooms I entered a thought loop in where I didnt know where I belonged. Because of this, my comedown was a mix of anxiety, fear, and depression. I thought everyone had left me for dead, and no one cared about me.

The way I got out of this, was eventually I was able to tell myself I had a family that cared, etc. It worked, and I enjoyed the rest of my comedown.

One off topic newbies question: are all psy drugs mindfucks? i.e. does your brain start computing thoughts at the speed of light? When I shroom, all I do is think, is it the same way with every other one?

^ Zet, yep basically yer right. I find if I haven't got a lot of external stimulus it can get real cranky inside my brain. The worst ones are where you think "I'm gonna stop thinking so I can have a break" and the ole brain just carries on - doesn't listen to a word I think/say!

That's when you need mates, music, trees ANYTHING to get on a smoother plane.

As for the Beatles song I put the the bit about being over 40 in just to see if I got a reaction:)

Apologies if i upset anyone under 40:D

Practice meditation when you are sober and when you become proficient (Just moderately) you'll be able to control trips on things much better (With some exceptions like DMT, PCP, etc.). Once you get good at meditation if you get stuck in a loop and you can realize you're stuck in it simply close your eyes and try to silence everything. Think of it as a momentary RESET. Always works for me. Unfortunately if there is too much stimuli around you that can be MUCH MUCH harder than it sounds.

Psychedelic Loop

Sometimes when i trip i get stuck in this loop where it seems like im doing one and the same thing forever like some movement, and sometimes it gets scary cause it seems will never be able to get out of it. i got it on glue, lsd, nitrous, salvia. does anyone knows what htta could mean?

I've had this happen to me on salvia before, but I have no idea what it's about.

Considering that psychedelics often cause temporal dilation and temporary alteration of working and short-term memory, this is common. Don't worry, you won't ever get 'stuck forever.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought loops are a normal part of the psychedelic experience. They can be confusing and downright terrifying, particularly if you're looping around something not too pleasant, but they, like the rest of the experience, happen in a moment in time, and time is still passing, even if it doesn't feel that way.

Worst loop I got stuck in when I was all spun out on L was sitting on the toilet 8) in a grimy outdoor port-a-potty...nothing I'd like to repeat...

I have a similar sensation, but it's more a pulling between two forces than a looping for me. It's generally very abstract and has the effect of profound anxiety for me, eventually I just decide it doesn't matter and it seems to sink below and I come out clear-headed. It's very abstract, so it's difficult to convey... but a lot of these experiences sound similar.

Jump sideways when you least expect yourself to - it works for me :)

loops can go deep on an acid breakthrough (triggered by pot)

when the loops start occuring, that is the beginning of the breakthrough

if you let go and give in to the experience you will get completely sucked into the moment

it is like zooming into a mandelbrot fractal... layers and layers of complex fractal imagery that look like neural and cellular networks

makes me wonder if acid can be used as sort of a magnifying glass for awareness, zoom in or zoom out... or is this all just a figment of my imagination?

this happens after the amnesia and complete loss of memory

... it's a rare occurrence, most who take lsd are too attached to the mind and body to detach into the seemingly infinite moment...

Aw shit, I've never had a loop before and I'm planning on dosing up on two cubes tonight and now I read this thread... what's the line in Vegas on me having a loop tonight? =D