• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelic Thought Loops Thread

I got realy freaked out on acid and started looping hard. I had taken 2.5 hits of the hoffman blotter that came around 2009. I became convinced that all of my friends who were with me were trying to trick me/take advantage. I actually believed that I was going to end up drugged/raped by friends I've known for years. I ended up deciding I needed to leave in order to survive, ran to my car and took off. an hour or two later I was so convinced that "they" were going to get me, parked at a gas pump for almost an hour with the doors locked, refusing to roll down the window. then I realized I needed to put an end to it so I ended up driving my car head on into a tree in an attempt a suicide. I was arrested and had my head kicked in by he cops since I didn't know they were cops and had decided I would do whatever it takes to survive, whether it meant breaking my own wrists to get out of the handcuffs or using any weapon I could find to defend myself. I was convinced that I had died in the car accident, and I began my descent into hell at the hands of these cops. I would try to make sense of what was happening, and because the cops knew that I was all fucked up they were messing with me. Because of this I couldn't get a straight answer about what was going on, so I started spewing as much random shit as I could so I could judge their reaction. at one point the police asked me what I took, and I answered them. Except I told them every single drug I've taken in my life. needless to say that didn't look good on the police report "suspect admits to taking lsd, alcohol, heroin, cocaine, pcp, ghb, meth, among other drugs."

It made sense that there were 12 stages of hell and I was passing through them. The police officer would look back and say a number to me every now and then. for example he would look back at me in the back of the cruiser and say "5". then we would drive past a motel "6" and I was like shit I'm running out of time. All of this shit made 100% complete sense at the time, I ran it back and forth in my mind until I couldn't find a single flaw in the logic. They took me to the hospital, and I remember a nurse came in who was probably the ugliest woman I've seen. I remember saying "woah where'd you guys get this one" lol. Anyways, after attempting to stab the police in the station with the pen they gave me to sign the breathalyzer refusal form, obviously without telling me what it was. My eyes were so blurry I couldn't even read it and when they gave me the pen I realized this may be my last chance to survive so I brandished it like a weapon. They then wrestled it from my hands and signed the form for me. This breathalyser form incident lead to me receiving a 4 year license suspension at the age of 18 years old, with no option to appeal.

Acid can be real dangerous, it's been 3 1/2 years and the ptsd is still there. My license is still suspended, will be for another year, and this experience propelled me into such a deep depression/downward spiral I ended up turning to benzos and cocaine to try to ease he pain. a couple months later I ended up breaking into and robbing an animal hospital since I was so desperate.

Right now though things are better. I got out of detox exactly 1 year ago, and haven't touched heroin or benzos since. Have been on the sub clinic for a year too. Overall these days all I use is 5F-UR-144, due to probation tess, but even that stuff is fucking me up.

anyways, I was reading this thread and decided this experience could be useful to others, just in the sense that you never know what is going to happen when you take a high dose of LSD. A lot of people are under the false impression that LSD is relatively safe because of the fact that it doesn't cause toxicity or serious physical symptoms. But the reality is that unless you take the proper precautions like I failed to that night, you are setting yourself up to go through what I went through or even worse. If I hadn't forgotten to unbuckle my seatbelt before attempting to take my own life, I have no doubt in my mind I wouldn't be here right now. I would just be another kid who lived for a bit and then died. the world moves on. don't be irresponsible with shit like this, I believe if I had only taken 1 tab that night none of this would have happened. Bu then again, I have no idea what kind of terrible shit could have happened if I hadn't fucked up that night. it is possible that night needed to happen, and as a result I am a more well rounded human being. whatever. I've thought about making a trip report on this for a long time, but because of how rediculous the whole thing was it's been kind of difficult to go back and write it down. I still look back on that night and wonder what really happened. I think that I had been dealing with some sexual confusion at the time, along with a few other people present that night, and my fear's combined with the culture of Cape Cod (where I was a the time), I became convinced that my friends were trying to convert me to gay, and wouldn't stop at no. I have nothing against gay people, that is just straight up what happened that night. you can't make this shit up.

Oh yeah, one more thing that happened another time: My buddy was on mushrooms, none of us were, and we were hanging out in his driveway smoking. I should mention this kid really isn't the brightest. In fact I hate to say it but he is an extremely unintelligent person. Anyways. So he got the bright idea to do a front flip on the pavement. He actually got the full rotation but over shot it, and landed with all of his weight (probably 180 lbs) on his face. I can't imagine how bad this shit hurt, especially with him being on mushrooms. That shit had to have sucked.

I once was stuck in a thought loop on 20mg 4-aco-dmt while in a park/woods. It seemed so obvious but I could not break free.

"I want to leave. I should go walk somewhere"
"That would mean walking through town and streets where someone I know may see me"
"What would I tell them I am doing...walking around high on drugs?"
" If I think hard enough it HAS to be possible to come up with a plan."
"I want to leave. I should go walk somewhere...."

The whole time I was aware that I was looping. It just always seemed like THIS time I could come up with an idea on what I should do. But nope..loops.

I've only ever had a thought loop on 3 hits of REALLY good LSD. I actually didn't realize at the time that what I experienced was a thought loop. I was sitting in a park with my friends and I started talking about how the human mind thinks in such a strange way, and I kept saying the same thing over and over. It was pretty much caused by the fact that my friends just wouldn't respond and so I didn't realize that I said what I said already.
It's funny how it stopped though: as we were sitting in the grass of this nice park a huge (probably seemed 3x bigger than it actually was) tractor comes through mowing the grass and it kind of startles us, so we just walk away. So IME, if something catches your attention suddenly, it might help to release you from the loop.

Thought-loops are common in those adopting a Jungian, Freudian, and Neitschean (is that the word?) philosophies -- simply switch to Kant, Spinoza, or Aquinas (I'm not joking).

To blame the drug is silly, since it is the limitations of one's own adopted philosophy that one TAKES INTO the experience that causes these problems -- It could be argued that coming up against a thought loop is the signal that one has come to the end of the usefulness of their current philosophical worldview -- upgrade your philosophy; or stop using; or lower the dose.

I took acid a couple days ago and had experienced my first looping experience. My 3 friends and I were all caught in the loop and we kept doing the same thing over and over. I tried to do something to break it, but that had become part of the loop. It was a loop that recurred every time the a song we were listening to finished.

I wouldn't say looping was a positive experience, but it has sparked a curiousity in me as to why this happens. What really makes me interested is how it was a collective loop instead of just the individual. Does anyone have any ideas as to why loops happen?

Damn I had the exact same thing happen to me!I was at my friends house and I did half a tab of lsd and a lot of magic mushrooms. I kept running up and down his stairs but I forgot I was doing it and it went on for so long I went insane!

I've found that this phenomena does not depend on the substance, but more to the persons comprising the experiencers group and also to the set & setting.

As an example, I've tried 2C-B more than 40 times and I ended up having shared thought/conversation loops once. Every time I trip with this person it happens the same.

Welcome to the Main Psychedelic Thought Loop Thread

Other relevant threads:

Do you enjoy getting stuck in loops from acid ?

[original post:]

I went camping a while back and dropped a couple hits of acid.

Everything was going fine, until a good friend of mind asked me to get out of the send to have a chat with him. After (reluctantly) removing myself from a little cuddle pile my friends and I had managed to get ourselves into, I went outside and had a chat.

He didn't want the people in the tent to hear, so I followed him to the car before we had our chat.

After a serious little chat, the people in the tent started asking me to return. I started walking back to them, and my good friend informed me that he wasn't done speaking. At this point, I lost my night.

I remember snippets of going to the tent, forgeting why I was going there, and heading back to the car.... then getting called to the tent and forgetting why I went to the car. Eventually, I lost external stimulus due to the lack of light and, I was later told, spent the greater part of the night wandering endlessly between the tent and the car.

Needless to say, this sucked. :(

MY experiance is a little more difficult to explain. The world kept looping, wherein I would re-live a portion of the night. I would not realize that I was looping until the very end of the loop, at which point it would start over again.

My question (after my long-winded blabber) is how does one avoid falling into one of these loops? What causes these? How do you get someone out of one once they have started looping?
~Bluebirdy

This is the same kind of loop I got stuck in on New Years. Just last night I took way too much LSD and I kept snapping back to reality and back to tripping and back to reality and back to tripping. Every time I snapped reality I would walk away from the DJ booth and try to go outside to get some air and then I would start tripping and I would run towards it and then I would run back and I kept doing that until I started to panic and then I ended up running out the fire escape with security chasing after me telling me never to come back. And this was that a really good show. Kaskade. I'm so embarrassed because I ruined everyone's night including my own but at least I'm alive and I came back