• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelic Therapy Thread

Depending on the purpose, I'd have to say either Ketamine, MDMA or 4-OH-DiPT.

Ketamine and MDMA are obvious.

The Iprocin is because, with it's short duration (3-4 hours, max) and lack of a strong visual nature (in some people- others find it very visual, most don't, though), but providing all of the needed mental effects, it makes for the perfect psychedelic for therapy.

I think shulgin opined on this once...

JAMSHYD-^I was hoping you would mention the ketamine and DPT use of yours, especially as these are two chemicals I am becoming a lot more familiar with. I can defintely a 'soothing' aspect from small doses of DPT; higher (50mg snorted/smoked or thereabouts) has been more confusing, but we are in the early stages of our relation ship :) <3 What would you advise, to a person who has trouble with anxiety and benzo's, such as myself? As in, what sort of 'regime'....?

I think 2C-E could be really helpful to addicts. Maybe just as much, if not more than, LSD could be.

And of course, 40x Salvia for the hardcore paranoid schizo's. lol

I'm not a big believer in the idea that paying a complete stranger money to listen to your problems has that much benefit. And being on psychedelics with someone who is only with you because you have paid them money has the potential to be an extremely unpleasant experience.

I think you're better off with a psychedelic experience either alone or with somone who loves you. Personally, my best trip companion is my beloved dog :)

Taking most psychedelics - particularly DMT, LSD, mushrooms can be euphoric and euphoria is incredibly good for you both physically and emotionally.

If the talking therapies appeal to you then save them for when you are sober. If you need something to help you loosen up to talk about an unpleasant experience then I think MDMA would be the best.

^Your only talking about the setting. It doesn't have to be in a normal therapy environment.

True, but whatever the setting you are with someone who is only with you because you have given them money. In a psychedelic state I think that could be an incredibly disturbing and lonely feeling.

I would very highly reccomend MDMA for people who have lots of body/physical issues- eating disorders, BDD, EDNOS, etc. Myself (and others) have found MDMA to be invaluable to for teaching you to love yourself- all of yourself. It just makes you feel so happy to posess the body you are in- it opens up an entirely new level of consciousness with one's physical self that doesn't require you lose it and then regain it in order to appreciate it. Ecstasy nipped a begining amphetamine addiction associated with those personal issues right in the bud- it came at just the right time in my life.
Some of the other RC's that have a lot of emphasis on tactile/physical sensations would be good bets as well.

I have nothing constructive to add.

Hahaha but I just had this hilarious mental image of my psychiatrist all like "put those glow-sticks away. This is therapy!"

All my psychedelic drug use has been self-therapy to a certain degree. LSD certainly helped to crystal my thoughts, but one drug that had a (surprisingly) very beneficial effect was salvia. The introspection that it provided drastically improved my life by making me less jaded and less shut off from the things/people around me. I did a 180 the night I tried salvia for the first time.

Roger&Me said:
I have nothing constructive to add.

Hahaha but I just had this hilarious mental image of my psychiatrist all like "put those glow-sticks away. This is therapy!"
LOL! Therapy can be FUN with LSD!!! =D 8o

By the way dose number 2 was really really enjoyable. :)

While tripping the other day i bought a pack of cigarettes

I dont trip that often, i dont smoke that often

Since then i have been doubting LSD's ability to help and purify me.

Swillow, I just typed a huge response and when I clicked "submit" BL went down for a few minutes.

*ANGER*.

I have a feeling that Salvia may have great potential (like the two other posters above who mentioned Salvia). It's ability to throw up images of childhood for some people (especially the fact that one seems to be "living" the childhood experiences makes for a very powerful, "realistic" event. Whether the experiences are accurate may or may not be the case, but that is true of all memories to some extent. The worth would be in the unpacking of the experiences. I've also noticed a persisting sense of inner confidence after tincture breakthroughs (2-3 months).

And Ismene, therapeutic sessions don't always have to involve money. When working with friends in the psychedelic "community", I will barter. On one side of my professional life I will charge money (people who I don't know who respond to my adverts or are referred) and on another I will trade my time for DJing lessons, crystals or what ever is agreed befits the situation.

E

Nitrous is Nice said:
I think 2C-E could be really helpful to addicts. Maybe just as much, if not more than, LSD could be.

And of course, 40x Salvia for the hardcore paranoid schizo's. lol

is this a common thing with 2c-e?
i've been enjoying 2c-e fairly frequently, recently - it's fizzling out now, but i'm still loving it just as much as ever (if not more so).
i've noticed much less abusive/addictive behaviour, along with much more drive to do things which are good for my mind/body/life. i've kicked a bad period of 'e' abuse, significantly cut back on how many trees i smoke, and feel much less inclined to binge on k.

i've always been very reverent about psychedelics, and i feel that 2c-e seems to have amplified this.

as for therapy -
i've had amazing breakthroughs on mushrooms, mdma, a mystery blotter - i highly suspect a DOx, and 2c-e. my thinking's clear and optimistic on k/mdma; these lessons seem to stick with me well, especially if i follow up with a nice psychedelic trip to dwell on them ;D

<3

Do they use the MDMA/LSD combination in psychedelic therapy?

I just had the most therapeutic experience i've ever had with an MDMA/LSD combination. I've done both drugs separately many times and never reached this level of understanding about a certain (relationship related) issue that's plagued me for 3 years. I took a ~100 ug blotter and a reagent tested 80-90mg MDMA pill an hour after the LSD, this was solo.

I've had one candyflip experience about 2 years ago but took way too much acid (4 hits) and the MDMA pill was kind of weak and I took it too late (T+4 hours) the trip was just a headfuck with one ripper of a hangover.

MDMA on it's own is incredibly pleasurable but for the last long while i've found it to be too false and not deep enough for any true realizations to occur. I've had "realizations" occur on MDMA but then found them to be BS a few days later.

LSD on it's own tends to give me a nasty body load, i get chills, pressure and tension in my head and all over my body, jitteriness, gut-rot, gas and a decent case of continuous diarrhea. I'm certain it's my body's reaction, the material is of high quality. The first 2 hours of my experience were no exception to this effect. About 45 minutes after i took the MDMA (t+1:45) i found that i just had to get up, and go outside for a walk, the jitteriness and racing thoughts were too much to bear and i needed physical exercise. This was the best idea i'd ever had.

As i got walking the physical outlet helped my body load immensly. The fresh air and stars were nice too. As the MDMA came on and the walking helped me enter a meditative thought processing flow state the trip took on a more productive effect. There was still difficulty but it was okay because i was making progress instead of just feeling like shit. As I became aware of certain things the load of my mind-state I've been in for years lifted and it was absolutely beautiful.

This was by far the most productive and uplifting experience i've ever had. I've been a psychonaut for about 5 years and have experienced every main psychedelic (except DMT) and many combinations but none compared to this. I figured LSD by itself was the most revealing psychedelic, and I've had strong (250+ ug) trips but this was not only more pleasant but also more productive. I'm sure if i hadn't taken the MDMA this wouldn't have happened, and i think more importantly, it wouldn't have happened if i hadn't gone for a walk which did wonders for processing the issue.

After this experience i searched for combinations used in psychedelic therapy and found little if anything. This being the most therapeutic experience I've had i figured it must be in the literature somewhere, due to it's incredible simplicity and effectiveness. So my title question...Does anyone know any psychedelic therapists who use this combination? And if not maybe it should be suggested to MAPS. I'm sure they probably already know about it, but there is no documentation.

My next experiment is probably going to be psilocybin extracted from 3 grams of mushrooms with 1 pill at t+1.

Last edited:
I don't know of anything from the literature on this, being aware only of LSD and MDMA being researched separately for therapeutic purposes; nor have I ever combined LSD and MDMA myself... but I think it's quite plausible and an interesting suggestion that the addition of entactogenesis and moderate euphoria can enhance the therapeutic value of psychedelia.

I would imagine that psychedelia's therapeutic value depends in part on the user being able to engage with and integrate the psychedelic mental state, and that entactogenesis and euphoria could gently ease down the barriers of a user who is finding it difficult to engage.

^ That's what it felt like exactly. Before the MDMA came on it was just a frazzled mess. As the MDMA came things started to engage and flow.

To me the LSD & MDMA combo is the best psychedelic experience available. It is very therapeutic and a lot of fun as well. The trick is to get the doses and timing right. For me this means ~70 mg MDMA with ~2 hits of blotter, depending on their strength. This way the MDMA is just strong enough to open you up to the most meaningful and beautiful aspects of the acid trip. It's the most reliable way to a meaningful and enlightening trip I know. So yes, I think this combo would be a very valuable tool for therapy.