Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Phenethylamine Injection Thread

Big and Dandified :)

oh it was a big and dandy experience :)

the colors :D

I am getting some 2c-e and or 2c-t-2 next. I think I will try those oral first but I will definitely try injecting 2-5mg of them. 2c-c is amazing IVed.

I have beem thinking about IMing 2C-I for a while. Never did injections by myself, so I have some questions.
Of course, I'll use new sterile syringe and apply alcohol to the injection spot, but my 10mg/1ml water solution isn't distillated and steril. Should I heat it in the spoon like heroin users do? Would it help removing bacteria? Is IM administration safer than IV?

IV is safer since whatever you shoot into a muscle is going to sit there and unless you know it is sterile and pure I wouldn't advise it. I would not heat anything either at risk of fucking up the chemical. I would not inject what you have sitting around at all and definitely not IM. If you don't have injection experience I definitely would not start trying to inject psychedelic, you are going to fuck up IVing a lot when you first try. IMing is pretty easy but you need fresh sterile solution using sterile water preferably bacteriostatic water for injection or you can add a bit of alcohol to sterile water if you are going to let it sit around. Personally I added maybe 5% ethanol to my 3cc=1mg solution to hopefully keep it sterile.

IV is safer
Really? I always considered that IM is safer than IV, because the solution doesn't enter bloodstream immediately and directly.

I would not heat anything either at risk of fucking up the chemical.
Hm, 2C-I seems to be quite stable compound. Does anybody have more information on this?

I definitely would not start trying to inject psychedelic, you are going to fuck up IVing a lot when you first try.
Of course, I'm not going to IV psychedelic, and well I am not going to IV ever(At least now).

you need fresh sterile solution using sterile water preferably bacteriostatic water for injection or you can add a bit of alcohol to sterile water if you are going to let it sit around. Personally I added maybe 5% ethanol to my 3cc=1mg solution to hopefully keep it sterile.
Pure alcohol isn't easy obtainable in Russia. I can get some vodka, Formic Acid solution(1%) in 70% ethanol(+ some other variations of this). Anyway, if I add some such 70% to the original solution and then lay it for a while, will it make the solution sterile? And therefore will an injection become safer? (I hope this doesn't sound silly)

Really? I always considered that IM is safer than IV, because the solution doesn't enter bloodstream immediately and directly.

Pure alcohol isn't easy obtainable in Russia. I can get some vodka, Formic Acid solution(1%) in 70% ethanol(+ some other variations of this). Anyway, if I add some such 70% to the original solution and then lay it for a while, will it make the solution sterile? And therefore will an injection become safer? (I hope this doesn't sound silly)

IM is very unsafe for exactly that reason. When you inject into a muscle any impurities just sit there and can form abscesses and all sorts of other problems. You should NEVER IM anything that isn't freshly prepared and or sterile with zero impurities. Usually it is only safe to inject sterile hospital grade vials of solution prepared for injection. RCs that are 99% pure are the only other thing I would consider IMing with proper sterile solution and technique. You really need to know what you are doing.

IVing is much more forgiving since if you inject impurities into your blood they can easily be filtered out so you are much less likely to have any complications. People get all sorts of nasty injection complications usually because they filter something poorly (just by sucking up through a cotton) and miss a vein and inject into the skin and or muscle where those impurities wreak havoc while they normally wouldn't if it was in the vein.

I would not attempt to sterilizing what you have sitting around for IM use, for IV use maybe. If the compound is stable you could try heating it to kill bacteria but I would still not IM it. Good vodka is fine (not low grade or 'high end' crap like Grey Goose that has all sorts of shit added for 'flavor') to add to already sterile solution to keep it sterile, but I would not fuck with anything that has been sitting around and then try to kill bacteria.

Your best bet is to evaporate the solution so you are left with the powder/crystals and start over.

Well, I have now tried IV 2c-b at doses of 2, 3, 4, and 5mg.

I think it is fantastic this way.

Orally is much too inefficient for my liking, although with sufficient material, it does produce an amazing experience none the less.

Snorting, while being efficient enough for my tastes, and the rapid ingestion rate resulting in higher peak plasma levels does produce the kind of effects I'm looking for much better than orally, that painful burning really ruins the entire experience now that I've tried an RoA with the rapid onset but without the pain and know better.

I was amazed at how smooth of a trip it was this way. Not that it wasn't orally or insufflated(after the burning goes away), but it was even more so. Yes, it comes on fast and hard, but it wasn't alarming or overwhelming by any means.

The only problem is such a short duration. At the 2/3mg end, it lasted maybe an hour, at the 4/5mg range, it was closer to two hours. Chemical well invested in that short amount of time though.

2mg was pretty much thresh hold effects as far as mind and visuals went. Strong body buzz, though.

3mg was definitely a full trip, but also undeniably on the light end of the spectrum.

4mg is where I consider it really proper tripping, but not overwhelmingly intense or anything. Very middle of the road.

5mg and things start getting towards the high end, but not overwhelmingly so. Still very manageable, but it is a relatively strong trip.

I'd like to experiment with higher doses(I got a feeling 8mg would be my sweet spot), but I only have 11mg left, and I have a combination planned(3 or 4mg + some other goodies in the same barrel, will need to redose because of short duration) so I can't use it to go much higher, without changing other plans. But who knows? The futures fluid and I might come up with a totally new idea on how to use the remainder and still do the combination I've got in store. You can expect a trip report once that combination happens.

On a side note: If you don't mess around with needles, as great as this RoA was, I would not suggest starting now. My suggestion would be, although I haven't tried it yet myself, to plug it if you are looking for a very efficient rapid onset without your nose being on fire.

^yeah I thought plugging would be good but it didn't do anything for me while IVing was insant insanity and awesome. I IVed 10mg of 2c-c half an hour ago. It is a great drug for this ROA and type of experience if you want crazy visuals but without too mcuh time commitment and there is like zero body load. Plus I am impatient so waiting for trips to start that often never amount to anything is not something I enjoy. Hence why IV/IM instant gratification is so great. I think the reduced time is a big benefit since all of that time is spent tripping with none coming up and I have not experienced any negative effects after the first 5 minutes since it can be a bit overwhelming.

So I want to prepare a solution with the rest of my 2c-c and do the same when I get my 2c-e to have it stay safe and sterile for injection. Now I am fine with using a mixture of sterile water and maybe 5% of vodka so like 3% ethanol to keep it sterile for injection. Will that much ethanol be enough to stop bacterial growth? Now I could always add more and be fine IVing it if I just diluted the shot afterwords but my issue here is I want to make a solution I can store for weeks and safely IM. With IVing if there is a little bacteria that doesn't scare me but it does for IM injections. What is a good way to prepare a vial of solution that can be stored and IMed?

No need to add ethanol. Acetic acid (white vinegar) diluted in sterile saline should be fine so long as everything starts off sterile. Buy sterile saline off the internet or get preservative free hot wash contact lens solution (ingredients are just sterile saline and some very weak acid to make it the same pH as tears). Keep it in a proper ampule with a septum in the fridge if possible.

Edit: You might not want to put ALL of your chem in there. All else being equal dry chems outlive wet ones. For what it's worth, weighing out a dose and mixing it has never taken me long.

Last edited:
No need to add ethanol. Acetic acid (white vinegar) diluted in sterile saline should be fine so long as everything starts off sterile. Buy sterile saline off the internet or get preservative free hot wash contact lens solution (ingredients are just sterile saline and some very weak acid to make it the same pH as tears). Keep it in a proper ampule with a septum in the fridge if possible.

How much white vinegar and how well does it preserve things and feel when injected? I am mostly concerned about keeping everything sterile for IM injections. Yes everything will start at sterile and I have plenty of tubes of sterile water to start with so I don't need saline.

Oxymorphone, you've tried acid once before right? You should get a few good tabs and eat 'em, you'll have a great trip! Most people will disagree, but it looks like you love pretty colors. I say try 3-4 tabs of acid at once. You'll have a profound trip, with lots of pretty stuff to look at.

Oxymorphone, you've tried acid once before right? You should get a few good tabs and eat 'em, you'll have a great trip! Most people will disagree, but it looks like you love pretty colors. I say try 3-4 tabs of acid at once. You'll have a profound trip, with lots of pretty stuff to look at.

I've tried acid a couple times and it was shit and I don't have anything close to a source for it now. I really like PEAs and other RCs because the purity is know and you can accurately dose trips. If I had a good LSD source I would be all over it but for the money and my limited budget I can't beat PEAs. I plan on extracting DMT in the new future as well.

So I want to prepare a solution with the rest of my 2c-c and do the same when I get my 2c-e to have it stay safe and sterile for injection. Now I am fine with using a mixture of sterile water and maybe 5% of vodka so like 3% ethanol to keep it sterile for injection. Will that much ethanol be enough to stop bacterial growth?

Nope, it needs to be like 17% ethanol or so to prevent bacterial growth. That's why so many nasties grow in beer if you leave a half-full bottle laying around for a couple days. Anyways, 17% EtOH would rape your veins so putting the compound into bacteriostatic water immediately before injection is probably your best bet.

How much white vinegar and how well does it preserve things and feel when injected? I am mostly concerned about keeping everything sterile for IM injections. Yes everything will start at sterile and I have plenty of tubes of sterile water to start with so I don't need saline.
I've read normal 5 percent vinegar is anti-bacterial/viral/fungal, and with direct contact will kill lots of viruses in a matter of minutes (I read a study somewhere that was looking at it because heroin users use it to convert freebase for injection already and they were recommending how it could be used for various disease reduction measures.) I have to imagine 2.5 percent would be plenty, esp. considering you're starting sterile. I've injected 2.5 percent after converting freebase DMT and diluting IM and it stung slightly (nothing compared to the pain of insufflation, though). But it's harmless and the sting disappears quickly. IV of course it won't sting at all.

I've read normal 5 percent vinegar is anti-bacterial/viral/fungal, and with direct contact will kill lots of viruses in a matter of minutes (I read a study somewhere that was looking at it because heroin users use it to convert freebase for injection already and they were recommending how it could be used for various disease reduction measures.) I have to imagine 2.5 percent would be plenty, esp. considering you're starting sterile. I've injected 2.5 percent after converting freebase DMT and diluting IM and it stung slightly (nothing compared to the pain of insufflation, though). But it's harmless and the sting disappears quickly. IV of course it won't sting at all.

Interesting, do you have a source for this? I've IVed 15-20% ethanol and it stings a bit so I wouldn't IM it and if you need 17% well then that isn't helpful for IM use.

Nope, it needs to be like 17% ethanol or so to prevent bacterial growth. That's why so many nasties grow in beer if you leave a half-full bottle laying around for a couple days. Anyways, 17% EtOH would rape your veins so putting the compound into bacteriostatic water immediately before injection is probably your best bet.

The problem there is it is difficult to accurately measure small doses and it is time consuming. Even with my mg scale I don't trust it to measure 5-10mg so I would much rather prepare 100mg in solution which I know I can dose much more accurately.

^Yeah I hear ya, the only advice I can really give is to either try to find a used analytical balance that can measure accurate mg quantities; or put ~50mg into bacteriostatic solution, measure out your IV quantity, and save the rest of the solution for oral or rectal use.

Or you could make sealed, sterile vials of solution. I've never done it before myself, but I know its possible and the materials needed to do it you can buy online.

Interesting, do you have a source for this? I've IVed 15-20% ethanol and it stings a bit so I wouldn't IM it and if you need 17% well then that isn't helpful for IM use.
Well, here's a quote from the wiki page for vinegar. See the page for the original source citation.
Researchers at the Food Biotechnology Department, Instituto de la Grasa (CSIC) in Seville, Spain, conducted research on the antimicrobial activity of several products. Vinegar and red and white wines were among the products tested. (Note: The focus of the research was olive oil, but it confirmed other findings related to vinegar and red and white wines.) The following microorganisms were used in the study: S. aureus, L. monocytogenes, S. Enteritidis, E.coli 0157:H7, S.sonnei and Yersinia sp. Among the items tested, vinegar (5% acetic acid) showed the strongest bactericidal activity against all strains tested, which was attributed to its high acetic acid content.
Edit: Since they're so potent you can always make a high concentration 5 percent solution with your phens (10 mg per .2 cc vinegar is probably doable) to be relatively sure of sterility and then just draw extra neutral saline into the barrel to increase the pH prior to injection.

Last edited:
I just came down from IVing 6mg of 2c-c. This was 2.5 hours after I had plugged 20mg of it and felt nothing. Let me say it rocked the entire universe. 8o

Interesting. Have been considering IV 2C-C myself (despite previous IV 2C experiences being "mixed" at best) cos it's a favourite of mine. For some reason I was under the impression that it was a Bad Idea even by IV 2C standards as it seems to be pretty corrosive stuff. Then again, other 2Cs ain't exactly good to shoot either... 2C-D is the best IV, in my experience. 2C-I is kinda fun but brutal on the heart :\

I'm a big fan of nasal 2C-C, incidentally - it's the way I would normally use it rather than oral/rectal. It's the only 2C I snort (other than 2C-D come to think of it). Probably less dodgy than IV but not the most pleasant thing you can shovel up yer shnozz... but only mildly agonising by 2C-standards.

I would not heat anything either at risk of fucking up the chemical.

I heat all the drugs I IV - including a few 2Cs, ket and associated dissociates, and even 4-AcO-DMT which I would have thought more fragile for some reason - and have had no problems.

Interesting. Have been considering IV 2C-C myself (despite previous IV 2C experiences being "mixed" at best) cos it's a favourite of mine. For some reason I was under the impression that it was a Bad Idea even by IV 2C standards as it seems to be pretty corrosive stuff. Then again, other 2Cs ain't exactly good to shoot either... 2C-D is the best IV, in my experience. 2C-I is kinda fun but brutal on the heart :\

I'm a big fan of nasal 2C-C, incidentally - it's the way I would normally use it rather than oral/rectal. It's the only 2C I snort (other than 2C-D come to think of it). Probably less dodgy than IV but not the most pleasant thing you can shovel up yer shnozz... but only mildly agonising by 2C-standards.

I heat all the drugs I IV - including a few 2Cs, ket and associated dissociates, and even 4-AcO-DMT which I would have thought more fragile for some reason - and have had no problems.

Yeah, IV 2c-c is great if you are prepared for the intensity which you seem like you are. Go for it. I do prefer IM though which is why I want to make a sterile solution that can stay for a couple weeks and I am paranoid about IMing anything let alone stuff that has been sitting around. IM is just as strong as IV and only slightly less intense but the little it smooths things out is very noticeable and prevents a lot of panic and discomfort that occurs when you are hit full force and blown into psychedelic insanity between the time you pull the needle out and are able to press a piece of gauze on your arm. 2c's are one of the few things I would IM and it is the only thing I ever have.

How does 2c-d compare? I was thinking about skipping it due to unenthusiastic reports about it but there are plenty of similar things said about 2c-c and with injecting it is probably more intense than many oral 2c-x doses. I am especially interested in your opinion on 2c-d in particular since you have injected it... I am going to order some 2c-e and maybe 2c-t-2 and or 2c-d now that I have heard something positive about it.