Not open for further replies.
multeyeD said:
My current stack -

Alpha GPC - 1g/d
Piracetam - 4.8g/d
Bacopa - 200 mg 2*/d
Ashwagandha - 900mg/d
Rhodiola Rosea
Ginseng (contains 7 kinds of extracted ginseng ++)

Future Stack (includes cost per month) -

Deprenyl - Selegine - 4.50/month
Aniracetam - UN - 10.00
Vinpocetine - UN - 12.50
Phenibut - UN - 7.30
Alpha-GPC - UN - 15.00
Jarrow Magnesium Optimizer (Magnesium, Potassium, Taurine) - VC - 6.24
NSI Ultra 357 Energy Complex (Siberian Ginseng, Royal Gelly, Gotu Kola) - VC - 8.00
NSI American Ginseng - VC - 2.50
NSI L-Tyrosine - VC - 2.50
NSI Passion Flower - VC - 3.00
NSI B-100 - VC - 1.50
NSI B5 - VC - 1.60
NSI L-Theanine From Suntheanine - VC - 15.54 (2)
NSI Mega EFA Omega-4 EPA & DHA - VC - 5.50
Taurine - VC - 6.90
Bacopa - BN - 3.00

VC - vitacost.com
BN - bulknutrition.com
UN - uniquenutrition.net
wow! this is intense! What do you hope to accomplish with this?

also, do you exercise or meditate, out of curiousity?

I concur with the exercise and diet thing... it helps in general to be more in tune with and aware of your body and mind, and nootropics do as well. So if you add the two together it's going to be higher than just one or the other. It also seems to me that to benefit from nootropics you need to become aware of the subtle modifications they make in your brain's functioning. So the more in tune with your mind you already are, the more you'll be able to get from them. I first used a nootropic regimen daily for almost a year, and by the end I felt they were being counterproductive, and when I stopped I felt like I never lost the benefits - as if they had shown me new ways to optimize my brain and they are now just in place. I recently started a regimen again (just a multivitamin, fish oil, piracetam, hydergine, centrophenoxine, and phenibut (for now)) and it's helped again, in some different ways.

Nootropics are a totally fascinating class of substances (and a very broad class as well). Research with piracetam and particularly hydergine is extremely exciting... hydergine has been shown to actually reverse the aging of your cell's mitochondria... and mitochondrial death is the main theory in how people die of old age without cancer/heart disease/etc. And it has been shown to regulate oxygen to the brain and severely reduce antioxidant damage to neurons, which is a huge factor in the brain's deterioration later on. In fact, they can give it to people before an operation or something where blood will stop flowing to the brain for a time, and it delays the onset of brain damage by a significant duration.

My nootropic combo has varied over the years, but I have always sought chemicals that attenuate ADHD and/or enhance memory. The one series of compounds that I have yet to obtain is the ampakines (e.g. CX516), save aniracetam (which has a weak positive allosteric effect on the AMPA receptor). Currently, my daily nootropic regiment is:

800mg piracetam TID
4mg galantamine BID
30mg (d)-amphetamine BID
10mg vinpocetine qD
100mg dimethylaminoethanol qD

And an obvious multivitamin. I have used Hydergine before (at around 4.5mg/day) and really liked it, just haven't purchased it in a while. It does seem to manifest a very subtle psychedelic effect--it does not have any sort of visual hallucinogenic effect, but it has an almost indescribable mind-opening psychical effect. That is, ideas seem to "flow" in a more fluid manner with it. As with any phenomenological effect engendered by a drug, the effect on individual consciousness is not particularly describable--one must experience it for themselves to assess the effect (there is no spoon, or maybe there is :)).
I have tried all of the 'racetam drugs (piracetam, aniracetam, oxiracetam, pramiracetam, phenylpiracetam) and like pramiracetram most, but it is extremely expensive. Interestingly, it seems to have a beneficial effect on verbal fluency and diction--I consider it a veritable chemical thesaurus. Phenylpiracetam, described as a stimulant, was a disappointment considering the massive cost compared to other more effective psychostimulants.

Last edited:
Xorkoth said:
Nootropics are a totally fascinating class of substances (and a very broad class as well). Research with piracetam and particularly hydergine is extremely exciting... hydergine has been shown to actually reverse the aging of your cell's mitochondria... and mitochondrial death is the main theory in how people die of old age without cancer/heart disease/etc. And it has been shown to regulate oxygen to the brain and severely reduce antioxidant damage to neurons, which is a huge factor in the brain's deterioration later on. In fact, they can give it to people before an operation or something where blood will stop flowing to the brain for a time, and it delays the onset of brain damage by a significant duration.
Wow thats pretty crazy. I'm going to start researching these even more...very interesting. Currently out of piracetam though, need to get more! Great stuff.

Do you have a link or anything to these studies?

Wow I wanna get some hydergine for nitrous! Sounds like I could go further into the no bretahing time.

tass4243 said:
Wow thats pretty crazy. I'm going to start researching these even more...very interesting. Currently out of piracetam though, need to get more! Great stuff.

Do you have a link or anything to these studies?

Yeah... here is a link to a really long post I made about it. Nevermind, I can't find it. Here's a post with some links, but you can pretty easily search for research on piracetam and hydergine in particularly on the Internet.

And here is a thread about nootropics and their relation to psychedelics that I posted a lot in.

samadhi_smiles said:
wow! this is intense! What do you hope to accomplish with this?

also, do you exercise or meditate, out of curiousity?

I hope to accomplish higher states of awareness and enhanced mental cognition.

I met this guy who works at a ginseng farm, he did the "ginseng test". He was to take ginseng for 6 months to see how much his memory would improve. At the beginning of this 6 month cycle, somebody threw 20 random numbers at him to see how much he could remember. He remembered around 25% of the numbers. At the end of the 6 months he was thrown 20 numbers again and he remembered 75% of the numbers.

His memory, cognition, and overall sense of well-being had improved dramatically through the use of ginseng. He told me that you must use it for 6 months before you become fully aware of the effects. And you must find the kind of ginseng that is right for you - some ginseng has yin qualities and some has yang, find what is suitable for you. I have been taking Nu-Life's Energin ginseng (composed of 7 different strains) for 1.5 months now and I notice dramatic results. My energy levels have increased - physically mentally and spiritually. I notice more chi rising up my spine and I am more aware of it's current.

People overlook the healing tools of this earth, plants can connect us with ourselves and many do not realize this.

And yes I have been meditating for 5 years and enjoy being healthy. Yoga (mainly focussed on the back) is also very important.

Xorkoth said:
I concur with the exercise and diet thing... it helps in general to be more in tune with and aware of your body and mind, and nootropics do as well. So if you add the two together it's going to be higher than just one or the other.

Meditation + veggies + cardio + alpha-gpc + piracetam = =D

Some anecdotal data to report...

I'm a permanent tinnitus sufferer and just came back from a concert with my ears ringing quite load and vinpocetine made an immediate and noticeable difference. WOW. It's reported effects on ethanol toxicity made it seem like a good overall choice for post-show brain repair. Also, unlike piracetam there aren't any documented interactions or warnings when it comes to common psychoactive drugs, which was also a factor in my choice.

Last edited:
I am looking for some feedback regarding my stack. I am currently taking Zyban 150mg SR daily, and will be upping it to 300mg daily (take twice a day instead of one a day). It's early days yet, but I hope it will help me recover from depression.

Anyway, this is what I TRY and take every day (apart from weekends that tend to get a but messy):
1g piracetam
250mg hydergine (as soon as it arrives!)
250mg CDP Choline
300mg Alpha GPC
Vitamin B Complex, Vit E, Cod Liver Oil (For Vit A & D), Fish Oil (For Omega 3)

I used to take 5-HTP but unsure whether it's safe in conjunction with Zyban. Similar with L-Tyrosine 500ng. Can I take these at all now?

At night, I take Melatonin 3mg to help me get to sleep.

I am also reading about Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) and Phenibut - do you guys reckon I should add these to my stack also?

250mg Hydergine seems a bit much ;)
I do 2.25mg daily and like it.
I've tried 4.5mg but then it becomes psychoactive and heavy on my body. Unpleasant.

I would recommend against phenibut, it does not have nootropic effects, probably anti-nootropic,

and yes, you must have typo'd with the hydergine and meant to say something like 2,5mg

peace

Thanks for spotting that.. of course, I did mean 2.25 mg ;)

I just wanted to check, because of being on Zyban, whether taking the stack I posted would be OK.

I have already stopped using L-Tyrosine, 5-HTP, St John's wort and SAMe since I started. I think those are the only culprits, unless somebody begs to differ?

Phenibut is best used as an occasional mood-booster, IMO. Or to withdraw from kratom if that's an issue for you. If you use it regularly, it stops really working much and you may end up feeling rebound anxiety when you stop.

I am shpongled said:
Where can you get Piracetam in the US?

No source discussions... even legal materials.

I will say that you can't buy it OTC and you are very unlikely to get it prescribed, but Google is your friend.

You can find piracetam if you spend much time at all searching. It's not hidden.

Lol its written in this thread im pretty sure and all over PD...

Status
Not open for further replies.