View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Nootropics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the one time I got a ++++ experience on 2ce i had taken piracetam that same day (again it was a while back now). Perhaps fortunately i had taken the piracetam in the morning so it was a good 5 hours between the piracetam and the 2ce.

The effects where highly pleasant as well as completely debilitating for a good 6 hours in which i lay flat on my back unable to do anything but explore the interior space of my own mind. The whole trip lasted easily 10 hours but i was literally flat on my back for the 6 hours of solid plateau. I would be tempted to try this combination again if i ever had any more 2ce but i would do so very carefully and suggest anyone else trying this lower their dose of both chemicals the first time out.

I can't remember the amount of piracetam i took that day (probably about a gram) but i do remember taking 16mg of 2ce which felt more than strong enough.

My +4 on 2C-E was on 18mg, and 900mg of piracetam an hour or so before. My previous 18mg trial was very strong and immersive, but mentally pretty lucid and I wasn't too far out there. To compare, the piracetam-potentiated trip was less outright visual (or maybe I just didn't notice as much) but tremendously more mental... I had the speed-of-light thoughts that led me into a loop of ego destruction and awakening into the void. It was almost like a different drug because it was so much more powerful.

Also, my non-potentiated trip was physically very pleasant and calm, but the piracetam-enhanced one was uncomfortable and frightening physically.

^That describes my 2ce and piracetam experience pretty well. It was one of the most visual experiences i've ever had but I barely noticed at the time - the mental aspect was so overwhelming that my eyes were shut for most of it. I only noticed the visuals on the odd occasion i had to get up to pee and then again towards the end of the trip when i was no longer quite so mentally tripped out. In retrospect i'm surprised it was such a good trip, but somehow it was.

The mental aspect was like being sucked into a cognitive black hole made up of my own thoughts compacted to the point where nothing could escape.

Xorkoth said:
That sounds quite a bit like mine... have you read the report?

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=48983

You very well may have... just wondering if my description sounds like your experience. It's a long report.

I had read that before, a long time ago.

It does sound distinctly similar to my experience. The main difference is you seemed to experience more ego death and more fear than I did. The trip for me was more about mild ego disolution and quite severe distortion whilst 'I' observed everything that was happening to me. I lost myself but only inside of myself (if that makes any sense) so I was never really aware of any kind of nearness of death or loss of self as something to be avoided. There was deconstruction but it was gradual and enjoyable as well as educational.

I floated gently down to the bottom of a very deep rabbit hole but i didn't do any scrabbling to get out. Maybe this is a reflection of the slightly lower dose of 2ce I had taken (about 14mg i think)?

It truly was an Infinite Complexity of Significance.

This bit stands out as very similar to what I got. The experience felt like something real that I was learning from much more than most drug experiences I've had in the past. I felt connected to myself and the universe both internally and externally and that simply lying there and observing these things was more interesting than anything else I'd ever done before.

A friend of mine took 2ce (and i think piracetam but i could be wrong) with me that day. He took 12mg of 2ce and he said that he couldn't imagine it being any stronger. I think that the dose response for this chemical could be quite steep which might explain why your experience seemed slightly more intense and fearful than mine.

I tried 2.25 mg Hydergine & 2 gr Piracetam before doing K (twice) and experienced nausea leading to intense puke sessions.
No other negative or positive positive effects.
I'm not going to repeat the experiment.

Btw taking Hydergine and Piracetam in the morning (as usual) and doing K in the evening never causes any problems.

I found piracetam and ketamine to also be a bad combination involving less enjoyable intoxication as well as more nausea.

I assume that this is something to do with how ketamine breaks your mind up into seemingly seperate functioning components, whereas piracetam seems to help your mind function together as one. The two drugs feel to me like they do opposite things so it becomes a kind of tug of war inside your mind.

MrM said:
piracetam
I have no idea if it's the Piracetam that causes it or the Hydergine or both, and I'm unwilling to explore it further.

Quite possibly both but I'd say piractetam was definitely a factor given my experience.

I've been playing around with different combinations for the last six or seven months adding and subtracting from a stack of Piracetam, Hydergiene, Choline bitartrate, Vincopotine, Idebenone, and DHA fish oil.

The synergy of Piracetam and Methylphenidate is pretty remarkable, almost too much. I find if i take 10mg concerta with my daily piracetam and choline, i get so high its sort of difficult to work, i really want to add a low dose of selegiline to my stack as well as phenibut to cope with the minor anxiety I have been facing since I got of benzos. would that be dangerous, how does seligiline interact with other nootropics? this is my proposed stack:

less than 5mg selegiline
500mg piracetam
5mg hydergiene
500mg phenibut
yerba mate and fish oil

From anecdotal reports, I would say that selegiline is safe to take with the other nootropics you're taking, although I have not tried it personally (or tried selegiline at all in fact). However, it's decidedly unsafe to take with methylphenidate or any stimulant.

Phenibut is great, but be aware that tolerance for it will raise continually. Give it breaks. 500mg will probably just produce a subtle relaxation and calmness/happiness, which is good. But over time (not all that long in my experience) it will take more and more, so just be aware of that. It seems like rectal dosing of phenibut reduces the dose needed by quite q bit and makes tolerance develop slower, but this is just based on observation/experience from my own trials so take it with a grain of salt (about the tolerance building slower... it definitely reduces the required dose). However, rectal dosing of phenibut burns... you've got fair warning now.

amphetamine and piracetam also make for a smokin' combo-

wow it is intense, you can combine even 10mg of amphetamine with a good dose of piracetam (1-2 grams) and you will be VERY stimulated (given no existing tolerance)-

Warning:

Hydergine ---> heart problems?

Taking hydergine on a daily basis will very likely result in the same valvular heart disease that has been reported with fenfluramine, pergolide, cabergoline, methysergide, and dihydroergotamine. These drugs are all high-affinity agonists at the 5-HT2B receptor, which is responsible for the development of heart valve pathology. As mentioned in the article below, MDMA has a similar effect, but the risk is likely proportional to the dosing frequency. Hydergine is a mix of ergot alkaloids, very similar in structure to dihydroergotamine. The verdict is still out on whether or not hydergine (dihydroergotoxin mesylate) has the same 5-HT2B affinity, and resulting pathology, but it is likely that it does.

Bottom line: Daily use of 5-HT2B agonists is a very bad idea! Stay safe. <3

3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA, "Ecstasy") Induces Fenfluramine-Like Proliferative Actions on Human Cardiac Valvular Interstitial Cells in Vitro. Vincent Setola, Sandra J. Hufeisen, K. Jane Grande-Allen, Ivan Vesely, Richard A. Glennon, Bruce Blough, Richard B. Rothman, and Bryan L. Roth.

In September of 1997, the highly effective appetite suppressant fenfluramine (Pondimin), a component of the drug combination "Fen-Phen", and the optically pure (+)-isomer dexfenfluramine (Redux) were voluntarily removed the from the marketplace at the urging of the United States Food and Drug Administration because of their association with heart valve fibroplasia and dysfunction, a condition known as valvular heart disease (VHD). Since then, several independent echocardiographic studies of patients who received long-term fenfluramine therapy revealed an increased prevalence of valvular heart disease (Connolly et al., 1997; Jick et al., 1998; Weissman et al., 1998; Weissman, 2001).

... Identical pathology has been seen in resected valves harvested from persons undergoing long-term administration of certain ergot derivatives (e.g., ergotamine and methysergide) ... (Steffee et al., 1999).

Last edited:
I find it interesting that hydergine was produced by Albert Hoffman

analyze my brain boostin/mood supporting vitamin stack

Centrum Performance
Vitamin B Super Complex
Omega Ultra DHA and EPA
Acetyl Carnitine
S-ame
L-Tyrosine
CoQ-10
Vinpocetine
Ultimate Liver Cleanser
DMAE
Huperzine
Gingko Biloba
Gotu kola extract
alpha-lipoic acid
Eulethero
Lecithin
(soon) piratecam
(soon) choline

I'm trying to get off my anti-depressants (lexapro) and this is what i just started taking daily at reccommended dosages... should i increase any dosages? Am i going overboard? is there anything else that could help? am I gonna be a happy, clearheaded, motivated, creative, focused individual that i want to be?

RATE MY STACK! do i need anything else?

Tranced said:
I find it interesting that hydergine was produced by Albert Hoffman

He says he takes it daily, too. And he's in good shape I'd say for being over 100.

For a while I've had a slight sleeping problem: I often woke up in the middle of the night for no reason, and fell asleep again 30-60 mins later.
I recently cut back hydergine intake from 0.5 x 4.5mg to 0.33 x 4.5mg and haven't had that problem since. I'm not entirely sure yet but it seems hydergine was the culprit.

I tend to cycle hydergine in and out. I can't explain why but after I've been taking it daily for a couple of months I start to dislike it. But then when I start again aftyer a break it's great once more. I don't have the same problem with piracetam.

Xorkoth said:
He says he takes it daily, too. And he's in good shape I'd say for being over 100.

Good point ... the man is healthy as a horse. The initial claims of cardiac problems with fenfluramine were overstated, but it remains that about 20-30% developed aortic regurgitation, compared with <5% in the general population. Later studies showed that this was not associated with a significant increase in life-threatening cardiac events (e.g. heart attack or heart failure). That can be probably be attributed to anatomic compensation. Still, considering the risk to benefit ratio, I'm definitely going to play it safe and keep my distance.

Xorkoth said:
I tend to cycle hydergine in and out. I can't explain why but after I've been taking it daily for a couple of months I start to dislike it. But then when I start again aftyer a break it's great once more. I don't have the same problem with piracetam.

ditto. hard to define via precise linguisticology the nature of that dislike though, don't you find? something vaguely slippery from the shadow side, a bit closer to the cerebellum fumunda the hypothalamus...

Status
Not open for further replies.