Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Nitrous Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ebola? said:
just cannabis.
Here's the thing.
I can take back the verbal description of these revelations, but they are proven IN the nitrous experience, which I can't bring back to even in memory while sober. So I remain agnostic. This could be the architecture of the universe...or a brief story that is patently false. Either way, this leaves me with things to consider.

ebola

haha

I know exactly what you're saying.

I apologize for asking you to explain the inexplicable. ;)

ebola? said:
just cannabis.
Here's the thing.
I can take back the verbal description of these revelations, but they are proven IN the nitrous experience, which I can't bring back to even in memory while sober. So I remain agnostic. This could be the architecture of the universe...or a brief story that is patently false. Either way, this leaves me with things to consider.

ebola
If this is a reliable and recurring experience for you when using nitrous you might try obtaining a tank and a separate oxygen feed. Enter into the experience with 100% nitrous and progressively taper off the nitrous proportion with each successive experiment, taking the experience closer to sobriety each time until you, hopefully, know it in waking life (or figure out it was all bs; in such a position I would do all I could to find out which one it is.)

Anyway i just ordered 3 boxes of Purewhip.......... I dont know. just thought id throw that out there. I had 2 tell somebody. I CANT WAIT TILL THEY GET 2 ME!!!!!! $9.00 a box. my god its great

>>As in panexperientialism? If not, please elaborate>>

No...it's more like from this "aether", everything is both tumbling and still...and the possibility of something emerging or not is bound in the same event.
This makes no sense, but that's how it FELT.

>>I apologize for asking you to explain the inexplicable.>>

None necessary. We're on the right track if that's what we're trying to do.

>>If this is a reliable and recurring experience for you when using nitrous you might try obtaining a tank and a separate oxygen feed. Enter into the experience with 100% nitrous and progressively taper off the nitrous proportion with each successive experiment, taking the experience closer to sobriety each time until you, hopefully, know it in waking life (or figure out it was all bs; in such a position I would do all I could to find out which one it is.)>>

That's the thing...it can get a bit scary "out there", and I love the luxury of being snapped back in a minute.
Basically, this little "toy" of a ++++ doesn't scare the shit out of me as would a several hour version.

I think that I know what it is.
And it's nothing new.
It is the core of all religious practice and metaphysical philosophy.
It is the singular, main message of psychedelia.

>>Enter into the experience with 100% nitrous and progressively taper off the nitrous proportion with each successive experiment, taking the experience closer to sobriety each time until you,>>

70 percent nitrous is much safer, and still concentrated enough to escalate without much of a ceiling.

ebola

i've only done nitrous a handful of times. some of the strangest experiences that have happened were while i was listening to my friends talk. i feel exactly where they're going with the conversation, although i'm not saying a word i also feel like the centre of attention. then, when i say something to get myself involved, you'd only understand what i meant if you were in that same place where i was at the time!! it happened a few times, i forgot what the conversations were about, though they were something along the lines of me and my mates stating the obvious. strange place that nitrous land is

Basically, this little "toy" of a ++++ doesn't scare the shit out of me as would a several hour version.
I don't think that nitrous alone is known for causing ++++s at all. It's trippy, but a ++++ is COMPLETELY different. ++++ is enlightmenment, bliss, long lasting. Not just lasting one minute. My friend cried for hours after his ++++ out of beauty.

One may reach a ++++ from nitrous + a psychedelic much, much easier.

>>I don't think that nitrous alone is known for causing ++++s at all. It's trippy, but a ++++ is COMPLETELY different. ++++ is enlightmenment, bliss, long lasting. Not just lasting one minute. My friend cried for hours after his ++++ out of beauty.
>>

I have had a ++++ on nitrous alone before. Yes, it is very brief and difficult to remember, but it still has that special character.

ebola

Let's not play a my "+" is bigger than your "+" game.

Personally, I think taking Celexa is a ++++ experience. Nothing has changed my life even close to it.

I'm certainly not enlightened, certainly not blissful...but it's a hell of a lot better than where I was.

ebola? said:
just cannabis.
Here's the thing.

ebola
Well, at least now someone on this forum understands my fascination with "Nothing" as an infinitely powerful linguistic tool. And it is you of all people.. Yaaay! =D

ps. This kind of experience is common with all dissoiatives. I experienced what I would (futily) call "extra-sensory non-objects" on a combination of PCP and K. I know that event happened, but it is so ineffible that I am powerless to reconstruct it in my memory. And that was not even a mystical experience, hehe.

Pss. ebola hun, how do you take your nang if I may ask? Balloons? Dispenser? Tanks?

Last edited:
Oxygen deprivation question: what are the differences in effects between nitrous and oxygen deprivation? Is 30 seconds considered to be a 'safe' amount of time to hold it in? How many breaths between hits is reccomended? Is the burning sensation in your lungs good enough to judge how much you need to breath and how much air is in your brain?

In other thoughts, how many bulbs do most of you need for 'peak' effects?

I love how quick the nitrous high is. I often experience revelations and gain insight into life during those couple minutes. If used with the right mindset, N2O can be an extremely powerful psychedelic in its own right.

Nitrous Oxide has to be one of the best drugs that exists. Theres nothing better than passing a bowl around with a group of friends and taking hits of nitrous.

lazydullard said:
Oxygen deprivation question: what are the differences in effects between nitrous and oxygen deprivation? Is 30 seconds considered to be a 'safe' amount of time to hold it in? How many breaths between hits is reccomended? Is the burning sensation in your lungs good enough to judge how much you need to breath and how much air is in your brain?

In other thoughts, how many bulbs do most of you need for 'peak' effects?

how long can you hold your breath?
2 mins?

fine.

you wont be able to notice oxygen deprivation, because the normal mechanism is through high CO2 levels, which doesnt occur with another gas in the lungs.

and the differences between oxygen deprivation and nitrous are....
like the differences between nicotine and coffee.

The_Idler said:
like the differences between nicotine and coffee.

hehe, after further experiments, that's quite a funny and good comparison.

Nitrous is quite in intense drug. I like the timelessness quality it gets when it's intense. It's like all your senses are disconnected and floating in space.... Wow. I wasn't sure I was enjoying it at first, but with time to reflect, it's quite an experience.

samadhi_smiles said:
I personally think nitrous is a waste and detrimental to one's health...and obscuring true insight from the psychedelic state, replacing it with garbage confusion, shallow euphoria, and meaningless 'insights.'

Comments?

Hypothetically speaking, in some far away galaxy on some special planet, imagine a society of beings that breathe N2O; this entity per say that lives in an unbundant N2O atmosphere, because of the "third-person view" affects of N2O in small amounts one could only speculate this particular entity's visual conciousness at a constant rate because the consistant flow of N2O (compared to what we would take recreationally) since "it" would be breathing N2O over air. Regardless it clearly would be much different than that of human life. Not to mention the civilization would be so obscure even I couldn't fathom it.

=D

Point being, N2O is psychedelic.

Get off your fucking pedastule (i'm drunk..spelling) and stop preaching about how thankful you are for eating/freebasing RC's/tryptamines. Drugs are drugs, period. They are all psychedelic, period. Then again, that's just my lame ass opinion.

samadhi_smiles said:
AmberFrog, sure the drugs themselves aren't full of insight...thats an incredibly pedantic point though, you have to admit. Not very many people are trying to say the actual chemicals themselves are holy (although some do). There are definitely holy experiences though one can access with these chemicals, like you say (5-MeO-DMT comes to my mind).

Your other point about insight being possible on nitrous strikes me as equally pedantic. Of course you can catalyze meaningful changes from nitrous, but so can you from methamphetamine or heroin, but I think most of us here would agree these are horrible chemicals to put in your body.

Sure, its fun, but its also fun to drop 5 rolls in a night or do an eight ball with a friend, but I can't say I recommend it.

My experience with psychedelics recently has taught me its such a blessing to be given the chance to experience these states. It just seems like a shame to me to ruin that chance with a disassociative like nitrous or ketamine.

DexterMeth said:
Get off your fucking pedastule (i'm drunk..spelling) and stop preaching about how thankful you are for eating/freebasing RC's/tryptamines. Drugs are drugs, period. They are all psychedelic, period. Then again, that's just my lame ass opinion.
your opinion is "[Drugs] are all psychedelic, period."?

Way the world works:

1. Education.
2. Opinion.

The_Idler said:
your opinion is "[Drugs] are all psychedelic, period."?

Way the world works:

1. Education.
2. Opinion.

Uh, yeah, I said it was my own lame ass opinion. Are you retarded? Go get some of that education you're preaching about.

Setttle down people....:) We are, remember, discussing a gas.

tablehead said:
Anyone else hallucinate of it?
I once saw myself go blind vision went all black and then i started to see the light. When the peak was over and i came down i noticed i was staring at my dark blue bead spread and a sock was the pinpoint of light at the end. Also geometric patterns n such, before i ever shroomed i belive.

I wouldn't say i hallucinated off of it, but I've gotten crazy-ass time distortions on it. It was like I was stopped in time and the high wasn't gonna go away. I felt like i was jumping and walking around and everything was huge all around me. It felt like about 15-20 minutes went by until it started to fade and i got up. I had been sitting on the floor by myself for about... 43 seconds. It's quite fun for me, just not everyday or I start to get headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.