Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Nitrous Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISI dispensers

aight, so i just got one today and it works fucking great. I have a problem though. I'm sure other people have this same situation. After you twist down the bulb and the gas goes into the chamber...I let it sit for like 10-20seconds, then slowly unscrew the threaded "bulb/charger chamber", and I ALWAYS hear the his of nitrious, and even smell it, leaking out from where the fucking bulb is. Anyone know, or have any ideas of how i can "get around" that, so that I dont waste any of that beautiful gas.

And I apologize for being a cunt...it's called being human. Anyways, back to the subject...any help/info would be greatly appreciated.
-DM

Oh, is there supposed to be a rubber gasket connected to the "bulb chamber" where you twist it down and puncture, etc? I looked all through the manual, and according to it, I'm not missing any pieces. It's just annoying to lose that gas...hell, I bet i could fill up a punching bag balloon with the leakage, after i'd had a decent nas session.

Last edited:
delta_9 said:
^Oh definately, I just meant nitrous would still be considered an "inhalant" in the sense that you can't plug, shoot, snort, or smoke nitrous.
If I'm not mistaken, nitrous is the most detrimental dissociative.

yes, you are definately mistaken. There's a right way and a wrong way to use any drug. It's the incorrect use of N20 that creates negative side effects. www.google.com

DexterMeth said:
aight, so i just got one today and it works fucking great. I have a problem though. I'm sure other people have this same situation. After you twist down the bulb and the gas goes into the chamber...I let it sit for like 10-20seconds, then slowly unscrew the threaded "bulb/charger chamber", and I ALWAYS hear the his of nitrious, and even smell it, leaking out from where the fucking bulb is. Anyone know, or have any ideas of how i can "get around" that, so that I dont waste any of that beautiful gas.

And I apologize for being a cunt...it's called being human. Anyways, back to the subject...any help/info would be greatly appreciated.
-DM

Oh, is there supposed to be a rubber gasket connected to the "bulb chamber" where you twist it down and puncture, etc? I looked all through the manual, and according to it, I'm not missing any pieces. It's just annoying to lose that gas...hell, I bet i could fill up a punching bag balloon with the leakage, after i'd had a decent nas session.

I've found (with mine) that there's a (not so)"sweet" spot where the gas escapes. I believe it's when the whipped cream charger is still against the thing that punctures it... ime if you find that sweet spot you can twist really fast when you get to that point and minimize the amount of gas that escapes. (does any of this make sense?):\
also, like you said, you're not missing any parts, it just seems like a poorly designed part... maybe you could hold the dispenser upside down? I never found a way to get around it either.
hope that helped.

ink907 said:
I've found (with mine) that there's a (not so)"sweet" spot where the gas escapes. I believe it's when the whipped cream charger is still against the thing that punctures it... ime if you find that sweet spot you can twist really fast when you get to that point and minimize the amount of gas that escapes. (does any of this make sense?):\
also, like you said, you're not missing any parts, it just seems like a poorly designed part... maybe you could hold the dispenser upside down? I never found a way to get around it either.
hope that helped.
yeah, it helped somewhat (to as much as it'll help). Are you talking about about twisting really fast "backwards",.,,when it's already puntured? How would holding it upside down help? Just curious. Thx.

EDIT- oh yeah...you ever try putting a balloon around the hand crank cracker part of it?..so that the gas that escapes goes into a balloon? I haven't tried it yet. I would assume that your hand can "hold" the pressure. Is it just me or does the cracker get WAY colder, and you hear A LOT more gas shoot out of the bulb when you use a cracker? IMMEDIATELY after discharging a bulb using a dispenser (ISI), I can hold the bulb, and it's just a LITTLE bit cold. Seriously, just a little. It's weird.

lol dextermeth that was a great drunk posting up above. Classic.

Anyways, I had forgotten about this thread after I wrote my query. Yes, it was intentionally flammatory (trolling ha!). I wanted to see if there were people that really had insightful experiences on it. So far nobody has shared anything meaningful (although a couple people said they have insights on it). What are the insights?

I and others can talk to other humans about our insights on mushrooms, LSD, DMT, etc. But, it seems like nobody can actually articulate their insights on nitrous.

Now, I'm open to the possibility that the insights are actual just not expressible in terms of language. Perhaps? But, I'm leaning toward the view that nitrous is in fact insight-less and is just a drug that fucks you up (this is certainly my experience with it around friends, parties, etc).

I do see it as a useful tool for punching you through to a different mindspace on some deep drug like LSD or DMT. I haven't tried it on LSD as far as I can recall but I have done it on shrooms and it was a bit wild to say the least.

anyways, peace and thanks for your responses.

ahhhh just did 2 whole canisters goddammit wow =D

im talkin about the 440 litre cylinders =D =D

The first time I did Nitrous while high (and my second time trying nitrous) I closed my eyes and was propelled at infinitely fast speeds through what I dubbed the cosmic ocean. Billions of colors and patterns flew by me. This is one of the experiences that makes it hard for me to believe that there isn't anything except the physical world.

samadhi_smiles said:
lol dextermeth that was a great drunk posting up above. Classic.

Anyways, I had forgotten about this thread after I wrote my query. Yes, it was intentionally flammatory (trolling ha!). I wanted to see if there were people that really had insightful experiences on it. So far nobody has shared anything meaningful (although a couple people said they have insights on it). What are the insights?

I and others can talk to other humans about our insights on mushrooms, LSD, DMT, etc. But, it seems like nobody can actually articulate their insights on nitrous.

Now, I'm open to the possibility that the insights are actual just not expressible in terms of language. Perhaps? But, I'm leaning toward the view that nitrous is in fact insight-less and is just a drug that fucks you up (this is certainly my experience with it around friends, parties, etc).

I do see it as a useful tool for punching you through to a different mindspace on some deep drug like LSD or DMT. I haven't tried it on LSD as far as I can recall but I have done it on shrooms and it was a bit wild to say the least.

anyways, peace and thanks for your responses.
The insights that one gains/can gain on nitrious is like a bombardment of fast and fleating thoughts...not so unlike smoking DMT or 5-meo-dmt, etc. In lower doses without an oxygen supply, getting a "crackhit" of nitrous, at least for me, is kind of like basing 5-meo-dmt. Like I've said before..when combining it while under the influence of another psychedelic, it's like instantly taking and peaking on like 5 hits of acid instead of the 1 hit you hypothetically would be on in that situation.

On it's own, it's without a doubt very psychedelic. I'd like to see this "psychedelic holy grail" that tells you all who are in the know, EXACTLY what a psychedelic experience is and what it is not, because I seem to be in the "wish i knew".

Are there any known recurring themes with Nitrous Oxide?

For example, you have the salvia goddess, DMT Elves and MDA "everybody's wearing sunglasses" effect, but has anyone heard of/experienced recurring themes with Nitrous Oxide?

On two occasions in the past few weeks I've thought that a girl was laughing at me and I'd always motion for her to stop. Then a boy would bolt out through the door and she'd disappear. I even checked under my jacket for her the other day until I remembered I was in by myself.

My mate had some the other night and exclaimed that "some little charver bitch" was pissing herself laughing at him then legged it out the room. Then we did another and it happened again.

Is this a recuring theme on Nitrous oxide? Has anyone experienced anything similiar?

He didn't know about my experience beforehand.

me & a friend (bler in fact, chicago66) were discussing this while rcoking some balloons one night - his recurring "theme" is the perception of being relayed very important information, & told not to tell anyone (that's the best he could describe it).

leaving my body and becoming a frequency of shimerring gold liquid bliss metallic abstract void of amazingness that seems connected to all!

i have BIG TIME recurring themes with nitrous when i do it while on LSD. Something, be it my friends, the music i'm listening to, or random side conversation, it seems like everyone starts contributing to this recurring, ever completing never ending sentence. then the sentence becomes an internalized part of my "reality" and I enter what i can only describe as a rotating timewarp.
its during this period that, if i'm peaking on the LSD or did 3 or so chargers in the balloon, i enter this outer space purple brontosaurus place. it happens so fast that its always pretty surprising, and i'll often hug someone for a second to maintain a reality connection. then i quickly realize what's going on and things are glorious.

pretty f-in awesome i must say.

---next time you'er on lsd, put 2 - 3 cartridges in one balloon, put on shpongles "dorset perception" and begin inhaling when the music begins. holy jeez

Same for me with mixing it with LSD.
Very much themed around the set and setting, as ever.
In my flat in Swindon I had some pretty fantastic voyages on the sofa.
Most were experienced multiple times. One time I had an avatar of truth, in the form of a fire breathing iron dragon fly through the door and burn most of the room away. He came back a bunch of times that night.
Have had my teddy bear mafia. My goblins and bears. Booberella. Everybody in the room turned into robots with laser eyes. Had a fantastic one where everything tech in the room took on an ubertech type appearance where everything was touch sensitive and stuff.

Can't think of any others from there, but they were all recurring themes for me.

Damn, now I'm really excited about next time I get some LSD and nitrous at home.

Last edited:
feelgoodhit said:
me & a friend (bler in fact, chicago66) were discussing this while rcoking some balloons one night - his recurring "theme" is the perception of being relayed very important information, & told not to tell anyone (that's the best he could describe it).

hahaha that happened to my mate last night as it happens. He said that she was there again and then started telling us to listen as he was going to explain who she was and what she was doing. Then he started trying to explain and was like "fuck, she disappeared before she finished telling me" and was adiment for a minute or so that if she'd have stayed about for a few more seconds he'd have known. =D

I find the idea or recurring themes very interesting. Anyone got any theories on what's going on?

A recurring them is that it would seem people always chuck on their sirens after I inhale. Or just flap some cardboard near my ear.

next time someone does a balloon in front of me, i'll make sure to whisper some smattering of random words in their ear...

knowing the meaning of life (but also knowing that you've always known it), and then it literally disappears in a single mindframe. it's sort of like, rather than having all of the knowledge of things building up over the time of your life, the realization is recreated and scaled down to a split-second experience.

also, i get 'flashing' vision on the last 5-10 seconds of the comedown, where it flips from nitrous world to reality and then it slows down until it 'sticks' in reality.

crazy nitrous thoughts ^

Nitrous shows you the REAL answers, the secrets of the universe, blah, blah ...then it takes them away from you again. No soup for you!! That's the recurring theme to me.

I keep using the stuff when tripping but I think it's really a big red herring, a distraction.

I usually feel the same as the above poster...I've felt like I grab the secrets on the universe. On a dose of L and n2o, I felt like i found the mind space between salvia space LSD and n2o and i was right there....right in front of a life size tv screen that just showed black and white fuzz, with 3 different blocks one for each head space.
It's loads of fun while tripping but otherwise I don't feel like i get much out of it. besides WAAAAAWAAAAWAAAA

Status
Not open for further replies.