Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Nitrous Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good New for all Nitrous Heads.

Automotive Nitrous Oxide is legal for anyone to purchase. The reason for this is that is has mixed into it a small amount of sulfur dioxide, making it poisonous to breathe.

The good news is that owing to the difference in molecular sizes of Nitrous Oxide and Sulfur dioxide, a $20 gas mask filter will remove the former, but not the latter, turning an otherwise useless automotive accelerant into 99% pure N20.

With a little creativity, this filter can be attached to the end of a hose, attached to the tank, and for a fraction of the price of whippets, there is an unlimited supply of our favourite inhalant.

I'm Happy :))

tmp

^ yes TMP another BL nitroushead was telling me all about how to create a filter to get rid of the sulfur, I'm pretty excited :)

Just don't have money yet to try this, but it is on my todo list :D

Although I'm not sure how wise it is to be talking too openly about it publicly; what we don't need is regulators deciding the sulfur is not enough to deter "abuse" and start doing new regulations.

^ yes TMP another BL nitroushead was telling me all about how to create a filter to get rid of the sulfur, I'm pretty excited :)

Just don't have money yet to try this, but it is on my todo list :D

Although I'm not sure how wise it is to be talking too openly about it publicly; what we don't need is regulators deciding the sulfur is not enough to deter "abuse" and start doing new regulations.

Agreed! I was just thinking that, because as things stand, the legality is clear - and I too, want to keep it that way. But having just discovered it, I had to share - and I'll tell you the reason... :))

I found an advertisement online - someone selling two tanks of Nitrous. I didn't really know about the whole automotive aspect. He claimed it was pure. And I found myself in the position of being able to possibly get a hold of two tanks of nitrous for the first and probably only time in my life. Given the absolute fortune I have spent on whippets over the years this was like a gift from the gods. But I am really poor - have been for years - like *really* poor.

FYI - the tanks in question were 75 *pounds* each - I could not even *imagine* how big that was, but I calculated the amount if it were in Whippets, and came out with 8000 whippets - at a retail cost of over $9000. And the guy only wanted $1500. It was *such* a deal - but still out of my league. This was 8 months ago.

I tried to find people to partner with me but couldn't - and recently, after some very good luck and hard, hard work, I actually had $750 on me. I could not afford to spend it on personal stuff, but when I offered it to him in desperation and he agreed, I decided to do it. This was enough nitrous to last the rest of my life. And I figured I could sell half of it for the money I invested and get one tank for free.

So a few days ago I drove down and picked them up - I asked him straight if they were cut with sulfur dioxide and he said they were pure - so when I got home I was just smiling forever - loaded up a bag to test it, breathed it in, and my lungs were on fire and it smelled like *crap*.

He lied - it was automotive, and poisoned. I nearly had a nervous breakdown. I just wanted to stop breathing at *all*. I'd blown all the money I had and could not afford on *nothing* - useless - crap. I was so terribly bummed.

As always, I tried to show my kids that one should handle disaster with grace (and they knew how much I had been looking forward t it. WHile they are not old enough to do drugs - I have always shared who I am with them - and tried to give them a good and well informed education so that when they *did* decide to experiment, they at least knew the truth of things, and would not make stupid mistakes from ignorance.

My youngest son turned to me and said "Dad, I've been researching how to filter out the Sulfur Dioxide - check this out!" And sure as shit - he found the answer. Fortunately one of my new roommates is in the army, and had a gas mask filter kicking around - he lent it to mer - I tested it - and my disaster healed itself. I don;t think I can sell it as I had planned - but I am ok with getting $10K of N20 for $800 - I have lots to share.

So that was what sparked my post - but I will now stop talking about it and hope that it stays this way for along, long time...

tmp

^ Thank you much for your post, I greatly enjoyed reading it :) a bit too high atm to give you a proper response though.

Good New for all Nitrous Heads.

Automotive Nitrous Oxide is legal for anyone to purchase. The reason for this is that is has mixed into it a small amount of sulfur dioxide, making it poisonous to breathe.

The good news is that owing to the difference in molecular sizes of Nitrous Oxide and Sulfur dioxide, a $20 gas mask filter will remove the former, but not the latter, turning an otherwise useless automotive accelerant into 99% pure N20.

With a little creativity, this filter can be attached to the end of a hose, attached to the tank, and for a fraction of the price of whippets, there is an unlimited supply of our favourite inhalant.

I'm Happy :))

tmp

wow. WOW. WOW. That is pretty freaking awesome, your kid is a smart little dude! That's seriously really cool though..

I feel like calling for a post edit, just cause'a my greedy self :p (like the other guy mentioned, wouldn't be too fantastic for LEO to catch on..) buuut I can't do that to all the nitropodes who spend hundreds on the silly chargers.

Now I just need to to acquire a NOS tank..

Cocaine plus Nitrous? Any one have experience with this? MDMA drought here in Fl. so going in another direction . Can't get paper or mushies right now either and the nitrous/weed combo is such a down head lol

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I don't think I'll be touching nitrous outside of a rave or the odd tripping get together if somebody in the group brings some. In march I bought 600 cartridges from a website, and a whipped cream dispenser. Having that much around and ready access to it leads to some problems...but I'll get to that later.

This is the dispenser I had, for reference:
3832772_f120.jpg

You have to actually take the top off and screw the other piece on with the cartridge inside it, which is more of a hassle than some of the other ones I've seen, but it works pretty well in my experience.

I read that you can fit about 3 cartridges into this particular dispenser, but I never actually tried that, just stuck with 1.

Anyway, how i would do this, is I would pre-load 1 cartridge into the dispenser, then put another into the loading cap (the thing you screw on to put the nitrous into the dispenser), and have the rest of the cartridges i planned on using in a row next to me, all oriented so I could easily pick them up and put them into the loading cap even when I was fucked up. Apparently I was born with amazing lungs because I can inhale the entire cartridge worth in one breath (none of my other friends seem to be able to do this?).

So basically, I would inhale the entire 1st cartridge, hold my breath, take the top off, screw the cap on (to put another cartridge in the dispenser), unscrew it, put another cartridge into the cap and set it down, then put the top on it, exhale (yes i can hold my breath that long, i got very good at doing that process so it would only take me about 15-20 seconds...practice for the win), and then inhale the entire second cartridge, and repeat this until i had gone through the entire pre-chosen amount of cartridges i had set out for myself. I started wiht only 2 (so I only had to do the process i described up there once), but near the bottom of the 600 cartridges I bought (which I surprisingly was able to make last a couple weeks), I would be doing 5, 6, 7, and even 8 and in 2 cases, 10! cartridges in a row with no oxygen breaths in between. I'm sure this is horribly unhealthy for myself, but I found that doing that method, I could make my "trip" (is it really a trip?) last for 5 minutes or even more.

The cartridges I had have 6% oxygen in them, I don't think what I did would be possible with medical grade do to the amount of time i was going without oxygen breaks. At some point, very close to the bottom of my stuff (like in the last 150 I would say), I did 15!!!! in a row using my method (that is, no oxygen break), and I passed out shortly after inhaling the 15th one. I had amazing thoughts/visions in the 15 minutes or so I was passed out for.

And then the point when I realized I would probably never buy this much again, because I apparently do not have the self control necessary to have that much around, I did literally 29 (I know its exactly 29 because it was my last 29) using my method, with no oxygen break. I blacked out (not passed out, but total black out even though i was conscious, no memory of this time) after the 5th one, but apparently, due to I assume my practice with this method, I was able to keep reloading it without breathing oxygen, and did another 24! I don't remember anything after the 5th one (literally nothing), but I woke up on the ground, freezer burn on my hands because apparently after loading 29 in quick succession, even the dispensers get ice cold), unaware of who I was, or what my name was...completely dissociated. I felt like I was everything...not a person or individual conscious, just everything. I couldn't see or hear any real things, just saw pure rainbow and light (no details), and I could only hear the waaaaaaaahwaaaaaaaaahwaaaaaaah sound I'm sure you guys are familiar with...the interesting thing though, was that i was in this disociated state for over 10 minutes. I don't know how it could possibly have lasted that long, and I would just chock it up to time dilation, except my friends helped me up off the ground as soon as i woke up from being passed out (when I felt the freezer burn and started seeing the rainbows), and they told me I didnt speak or respond to anything for 10 minutes (which they could accurately judge since they were sober).

Those 10 minutes were so beautiful and I literally cannot describe how I felt...I felt like everything, all at once. It was fucking amazing.

But despite that amazing experience, I could have gotten serious damage from that, and I don't think I will ever buy a large amount of cartridges ever again, for fear I might do something like that, and not have friends there to help me.

Anyway that's my experience with nitrous...I'm VERY glad I had that last "trip", because it was the most beautiful thing that I've ever experienced, but I'm pretty much done with nitrous.

For people who say nitrous can't be psychedelic...it can, and was, for me.

I have a quick question. I just recently bought a whip cream dispenser and have been running through cartridges throughout the week, but some of the time (not most the time) when is screw in the charger and the seal breaks nothing happens, i just have to unscrew it and the NO2 goes everywhere wasting the hit. So my question is are these ones just duds or am i possibly doing something wrong? I just seems to happen at random and i load em up the same way everytime so im really not sure. hopefully someone more experienced can clear this up for me?

Comin down off of 25mg 2c-e IM (and 20mg IM more at some point in the night but i was too fucked up to determine what was real and what wasnt...) and 25mg 2c-I oral, plus like 400 nitrous chargers. One of the most ridiculous experiences of my life. I recently posted about my "nitrous ears popping" and I feel like some blood vessels or neurochemistry got changed in me and now I can appreciate nitrous so much more. I persisted in this half-awake half-asleep hallucinogenic state for hours last night, maintained by steady hits of nitrous whenever the fabric of the universe started to fall apart. If I focused on one thing too much, it started to devolve and I could see various fragments of reality and fantasy that intertwined to create the illusion I was seeing/experiencing start to crumble. At one point I was watching a movie battle:Los Angeles and I stared too hard at a soldiers gun and suddenly instead of a movie there was music and my iTunes visualizer was on and the movie was gone but then I looked away and took a hit of nitrous and the movie faded back into view....it was like my mind was parallel processing multiple realities and then using pieces of each to create this new hybrid reality for me to dwell in while tripping. The really weird part was the layering of the realities, if I stared at an object I would slowly start to unravel more pieces of fragmented reality/fantasy that made up the object until the object devolved into something entirely new, usually iTunes visualizer. I'm not sure how my brain melded together the outputs from 2 separate computers onto one monitor...
Oh and the computer monitor is the best invention ever, allows me to project the most unbelievable visuals onto it without seriously offending my sense of disbelief.

And finally, like I always seem to do, a note of caution - 70mg of 2c-* was a LOT so don't do it.
Does anyone else get like mental warning signs? My sight will flash/change color from blue and red like police sirens and that tells me something bad could or is going to happen. Happened last night, I took 5mg kpins to calm down. I felt fine, wasn't scared, just concerned for my safety so I turned off the music, ate kpins, and sat down until I felt "safe" again. It was weird. I kinda wonder if this is my "puking" bc I never throw up from psychedelics...

280pxcobalamin.png

vitamin B12 is a pretty molecule!

surprised to find N20 has a european E number

saw nitrous oxide on the "World Health Organisation's official drug list" alongside ketamine!

funny as shit, the "LSD and nitrous oxide" thread and the split second multiplication of thought loops !!

enjoying the taste of the gas too....

Last edited:
Is there an easier way of getting the noz out of the chargers because I only have 10 chargers to try and don't want to be making a cracker or buying an expensive dispenser...

Is there an easier way of getting the noz out of the chargers because I only have 10 chargers to try and don't want to be making a cracker or buying an expensive dispenser...

There's no easy, free method that I can think of. I've heard of people using nails and what not but you could easily end up with cold burns and/or a charger flying around the room and taking someones eye out.

Brass crackers on ebay are affordable and good. I've cracked literally thousands of chargers with mine over the last few years and its still going strong.

There's no easy, free method that I can think of. I've heard of people using nails and what not but you could easily end up with cold burns and/or a charger flying around the room and taking someones eye out.

Brass crackers on ebay are affordable and good. I've cracked literally thousands of chargers with mine over the last few years and its still going strong.

I have looked them up and could easily afford it but the problem is that I live with my parents (I'm 19) and my dad has the same name as me... So if he were to see it he would assume it was his, then to open the package and be like “wtf is this?” Which would result in me having to make a web of lies etc etc...

How do people manage to keep the baloon on the charger when they hit it with a nail? Could I sellotape it on of something? Would the nail not pierce the baloon?
I just want to try it out lol

Send it to a friends house or go to a head shop and pick up a cracker. You don't want to be risking using a nail and hammer.

If you pick up a dispenser it should last much longer and work much better than any homemade cracker/cheap cracker. If you plan on having a cracker that will last you a while/work well, it's well worth it to pay the extra and get a dispenser.

Hi guys,

A friend of mine is considering the purchase of a WCD. However he saw that there are different capacities (half pint, pint, liter). Which one would advise for a standard after party usage?

Thank you all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.