• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Natural Psychotropics and Ethnobotanics Thread

Well, 3 grams was a little too strong, but better than ephedrine isolated. Next time I'll try 1.5-2 grams.

I've been playing with yarrow lately; but have not had enough trials with to come to any conclusions just yet...

Tryptamine*Dreamer said:
I like growing things........

Kratom .......... I'd like to try growing myself.
Should be fun - especially as it can grow up to 10m high. Got a big garden? ;)

Last edited:
egore said:
I've been playing with yarrow lately; but have not had enough trials with to come to any conclusions just yet...

its good for treating wounds externally

what psychoactive properties are you looking for?

I'm going to start growing a kratom tree as well. I'm pretty excited about it! It's a beautiful exotic tree. Anyone know if snow in the winter will kill it though? I certainly don't have room to let it mature inside (I can start it inside).

Probably, its from thailand and malaysia, so I don't imagine it will tolerate snow well at all, I would keep it indoors for the winter, and keep in a huge pot.

That would just give you an excuse to prune it heavily and keep it moderately sized now wouldn't it, once it get established=D

while i've never personally grown kratom i think it's related to coffee which ime has been fussy about growing in a container.

Xorkoth, I think kratom is pretty hard to get going from seed, so you'd be better trying a cutting. If you can get a hothouse, just a simple plastic thingy; that should negate the effects of frost, and wth careful watering, create a 'tropical' climate for your tree...I grew salvia in winter in Melbourne with a lot of care and a lot of making sure drunked louts didn't try and smoke them...the hothouse was almost too hot I feel, some leaves browned at the edges probably from water-magnifying-heat. I think kratom likes a lot of water, or can tolerate it so...Whats your climate like, as in are the seasons extreme of what?

Soil needs to be any standard potting soil...you don't want sandy soil like cactus like to grow in; this is a tree, and a fast-growing one at that! Temperatures need to be as moderate as possible; you can't subject your Kratom tree to ANY freezing temperatures whatsoever! It likes a constant temperature of about 75 degrees to 85 degrees Fahrenheit, and does extremely well in natural sunlight. If you live in a place that has cold winters, you will notice a marked increase in leaf production if you bring your Kratom tree outside for the summer.

Whiteish light is best for leaf production, or so I'm told. You'd probably be able to use fluroscent lighting....

I have a few nice little cannabis plants squirming towards the spring sunlight. Sometimes I go and sit with them and squirm too.

PsyGhost said:
its good for treating wounds externally

what psychoactive properties are you looking for?

I've heard its a good centering agent chewed...

swilow said:
Xorkoth, I think kratom is pretty hard to get going from seed, so you'd be better trying a cutting. If you can get a hothouse, just a simple plastic thingy; that should negate the effects of frost, and wth careful watering, create a 'tropical' climate for your tree...I grew salvia in winter in Melbourne with a lot of care and a lot of making sure drunked louts didn't try and smoke them...the hothouse was almost too hot I feel, some leaves browned at the edges probably from water-magnifying-heat. I think kratom likes a lot of water, or can tolerate it so...Whats your climate like, as in are the seasons extreme of what?

I am currently at a 100% failure rate with kratom seeds. :!

If I ever get some going I'll test it for hardiness. Just because a plant is tropical doesnt mean it cant take freezing temperatures.

^Thats true, I've heard of people acclimaitasing salvia to grow in alpine-ish areas in New Zealand.

From what I know about planting kratom from seed is that one needs a LOT for one or two to take. I don't know why that would be; whether kratom produces a lot of infertile seed in ratio with fertile. I guess so...

Kratom will absolutely not tolerate snow. I wouldn't chance it with an unheated greenhouse either.

Blah. Well... then I guess I won't be growing a kratom tree.

^i've heard they make great houseplants though, give it good sun next to a window and it should turn out fine.. one thing about houses though is that they usually contain very dry air, and kratom cuttings enjoy humidity.. so if you've got a humidifier sitting around, plug it up in the same room as your little stick friend, and he'll probably like it.. and when he gets too big, just prun the leaves to fit the shape of it's space within the window area

I just got some Khat seeds sent from mexico for an indoor grow, under an old full spectrum daylight-type UV lamp of the kind used for treating SAD, that my mother bought and never once used in many many years=D

Skull Cap

I'm wanting to try it but I have an off hand feeling that it will be a let down. What do you think about it?

Merged in a thread about skullcap.

I've not tried it, but I've heard it's a bit sedating. I'm pretty sure it's not psychedelic at all.

Amanita Muscaria mushrooms. They're a deliriant but id also say they are psychadelic in a way. At points they cause dream like visions that seemed to have a life of there own. Followed by bursts of extreme energy, then back into the dream like trance. Back and forth for about 6 hours. Its a very strange plant