• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Music on Dissociatives Thread

I don't very often appreciate music on dissociatives. Either it sounds like it's coming out of a tin can & out of tune or I just don't pay very much attention to it.

BTW. Does anyone else think the sound of My Bloody Valentine's Loveless album is somewhat similar to how dissociatives sometimes affect music? :\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf8j1bUgwJ8

Actually even the cover art reminds me of DXM or MXE CEVs..

Last edited:
I'm also one of those people that can't listen to music on MXE.

But this is my ketamine jam right now, just slowed down a bit.

I've gotten completely lost in some Coil & Psychic TV stuff. The TOPI '23 seconds ov time' releases are good too!

any NINE INCH NAILS
Pink floyd....interstellar over drive
or listen to to crystal bowls or tuning forks while tripping

and last time i k holed dub step wasnt around but an sure it would be nice to listen to
i usesally like distorted broken sound wile loud havy beats when disassociated so i figure it would be nice

I'm also one of those people that can't listen to music on MXE.

Same here, music could be interesting but I tired of it really quick (well, during properly dissociative MXE experiences, on lower stimmy doses I would have the radio and stuff on while driving). I did hallucinate Beethoven's ninth on it once though, spent like 5 minutes trying to figure out why my computer was playing music and get it to stop before I realized, haha.

I quite enjoyed music on DXM and 4-MeO-PCP.

On DXM it's all about Jimi. On 4-MeO-PCP I was more likely to listen to something like Nujabes or Anamanaguchi

Last edited:
Drone music is nice. /Making/ drone music is even nicer. Nothing like being able to turn the knobs on an analog synth while on MXE. I find dissociatives hit and miss regarding beat driven music. Sometimes amazing, sometimes feels flat and far away. But tones, especially sustained ones, nearly always feel good. DXM seems to be most music enhancing, then MXE, then ketamine. High dose ketamine I usually always prefer silence or a white noise CD.

Really digging shoegaze music on MXE lately. Nice departure from electronic realms. And the fuzzy swirling guitars carry you around the room nicely.

Also Phillip Glass stuff nearly always great. Properly repetitive with euphoric breakthroughs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking to try ket for the first time and want to k-hole on my first experience so will take 150-200mg insufflating (body weight ~200lbs so dosage according to erowid).
Would sticking on a pair of headphones likely help or hinder? A few of the above posters said they don't like music playing, so I feel headphones might be a bad choice as you probably won't be able to take them off once you're peaking. Anybody have any experience with headphones? (I'll be in a room with a few friends who won't be taking it, and they'll likely be watching TV so won't have music playing on speakers).
Cheers.

sometimes headphones are magical. other times i prefer speakers. i don't know why its sometimes different for me, mostly just personal preference at the moment i suspect.

sometimes headphones are magical. other times i prefer speakers. i don't know why its sometimes different for me, mostly just personal preference at the moment i suspect.

Would you recommend music from any source over ambient TV noise/people idly chatting?

yes.

if you spend the trip just laying there and listening to your housemates in the other room you will likely not get much out of the trip. if i ever do that i usually just end up getting out of bed after a few hours feeling like barely any time has gone by.

yes.

if you spend the trip just laying there and listening to your housemates in the other room you will likely not get much out of the trip. if i ever do that i usually just end up getting out of bed after a few hours feeling like barely any time has gone by.

first time i did K i was listening to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZsYhdzQWeE

highly recomend...

also...if you really want ppl around you then yeah go for head phones...just dont roll around and get tangled ;)

Thanks for the advice both :)

I've listened to a lot of psychedelic music on a lot of psychedelic drugs, but nothing has beat my one experience in the k-hole while listening to 'In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida'. It seriously blew my fucking mind; wayyyy more than any psychedelic has from music.

I really like off beat music that most people find weird. The Halo Benders is one of my favorite bands and i love listening to them on dxm/k/heroin. Hence why my avatar is there album cover :D http://youtu.be/fWpeaQ904bc

Edit: For real though, give them a listen im sure some of you guys will really like there shit, another good song by them is "On a tip"