Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Music on Dissociatives Thread

Here are my recommendations:

for DXM:

Zolod - Deja Vu Fabrique.
(This masterpiece is uncannily resonant with DXM... the artist took his life before the mastering was completed.)

Ouch! That would scare the shit out of me on MXE. Once made the mistake of leaving Kinzadza in my playlist, kinda similar beats, near split my skull in two holing hard at precisely the worst possible time as far as being able to work media player enough to turn the damn thing off went. You know when you're looking at the screen and your hands on the mouse but how one relates to the other and what you're meant to do with 'em is completely beyond you, just like stabbing away and clicking at nothing while the screen tunnel visions away from you!

Listened Andy Stotts new album luxury problems walking around at night on methoxetamine with my headphones. I have since become addicted to this album, it puts me in a beautifully dark and orgasmicly euphoric state of mind. Andy Stott collaborates with this opera singer creating these massive vast spaces with delicate female vocals floating in an ocean of reverb. There are some really heavy sort of deep house beats in some of the songs but he uses this side chain compression technique so the atmosphere in the background seems to breathe and move out of the way right as each kick drum hits. I'm a huge fan of experimental electronic music and this is one of the most beautiful and unique albums I've ever heard! You can check out the whole album here! Listen with headphones or good speakers the low bass tones and subtle details are essential!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aGEmhzQFr8
I think it would work great for any dissociative, I've enjoyed it on mxe and 3-meo-pcp, but breathtaking!

+1 on Ulrich Schnauss Golem. Never out of a playlist, goes perfect with anything, psyche or dissociative. Monday Paracetamol FTW! :)

Used to listen to Errors a lot, It's Not Something But It Is Like Whatever particularly. Can really throw you though. They use a lot of multi-layered effects and some stuff's really quite dreamy and serene, then suddenly you'll get something dead bleepy with weird time signatures and odd beats that can make the motion through space and the twisting / spinning effects almost sea-sickness inducing as your brain tries to sync with it when you're holing. Bizarre at times, kinda good, kinda disturbing.

Last edited:
Music sounds like utter crap on dissociatives, and it loses all it's emotional impact. It becomes purely a mathematical experience in the hole.

Even at sub-hole "recreational" doses of ketamine, it destroys the normal perception of a spectral range, so that all the frequencies sound crammed together in a solid block of mush. Because of this, it tends to lose much of the low and high frequency content which gives music depth, and leaves you with an opaque midrange. Sometimes it even sounds like I've got pillows over my ears. An there's no euphoria or empathy.

My k-friend put on Squarepusher once, and it was a nightmare. It was a test of endurance just to get through the hole without losing my mind in a blitz of glitchy fuckedup-ness that threatened to rip me to shreds.

Music is much better with psychedelics.

^I did already, and I didn't even need music on that. I had guitar music playing inside my head which made me feel like my body was vibrating with what I was hearing/creating. Even so, the actual effect on the auditory system is similar to ketamine, as is the effect on the ability appreciate music emotionally. It didn't wow me in this sense at all.

^I did already, and I didn't even need music on that. I had guitar music playing inside my head which made me feel like my body was vibrating with what I was hearing/creating. Even so, the actual effect on the auditory system is similar to ketamine, as is the effect on the ability appreciate music emotionally. It didn't wow me in this sense at all.

Then it must depend on person/setting/dosage/state, because with MXE I can hear the music in such level that no other drug could grant.

I had guitar music playing inside my head which made me feel like my body was vibrating with what I was hearing/creating.

Glad I'm not the only one! Who needs to listen to music when your sub-conscious can create it itself and not have it sounding like crap?

I can't listen to anything not electronic on dissociatives, but when I do MXE I just sit and listen to chill wave/dream pop all day :D

psybient, ambient, drone, downtempo, atmospheric & experimental mixsets. there are sets that really fuck with your mind and build worlds as they shift the atmosphere. producers of good mixsets are more trip architects than just musicians.