View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - The 3rd Dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
When snorting it how long does the drug usually take to peak?

What about Sublingual, IM, etc.

Also i hear a lot about sublingual, what about just swallowing it?

I've tried this compound three times. The first time I insufflated 20 mg and watched Black Swan on the big screen. Overall, it was a fantastic experience. IIRC, it took 30-45 minutes to peak.

The second time, I aimed to take it higher. I insufflated 40 mg, and followed up with repeated sublingual doses over the course of 2-3 hours up to a total of 120 mg. The result was a complete waste of a day and a half. The experience was marked by a not-entirely-unpleasant state of intoxication, but which unfortunately dragged on and on as a semi-dissociated haze. Occasional "insights" were the workings of a disordered and deluded mind. And the hangover was awful. Strangely, the effects culminated at least 2-3 hours after the last sublingual dose.

The third time, I took 6-8 mg orally to test for threshold effects. The effects were unmistakable, but functional at this level. I was motivated to get work done. Peak effects were reached in roughly 1 hour.

^ 120 mgs seems quite excessive. I cant consune over 70 mgs over 2 doses or im lost.

ive also felt personality changes on this, which leads me to believe it could end up putting some people in a nuthouse

I've just watched someone become delusional for about 3 hours after @50mgs, placidly delusional tho :)

Has anybody tried a DXM and MXE combo? I was thinking a low dose dxm (~150 to 200mg) and around 50mg via plugging of MXE might be nice. Dangerous? Thoughts?

When snorting it how long does the drug usually take to peak?

What about Sublingual, IM, etc.

Also i hear a lot about sublingual, what about just swallowing it?

For me, about an hour if snorting. Careful - it catches ya just when ya think it's bunk...

For IM, it comes on quick as you'd expect. 5 mins of so. No great difference in potency or duration noted from sniffed or sublingual dosing etc. For me. My standard IM dose is 300mg+. YMMV. I think the sheer quantity of dissociative noobs (no offence intended dissociative noobs :)) has massively distorted the standard dose range given most places. If you use ket... 30mg sublingual ain't gonna touch the sides... but start low cos it is a different drug. HR and all that...

For me, about an hour if snorting. Careful - it catches ya just when ya think it's bunk...

For IM, it comes on quick as you'd expect. 5 mins of so. No great difference in potency or duration noted from sniffed or sublingual dosing etc. For me. My standard IM dose is 300mg+. YMMV. I think the sheer quantity of dissociative noobs (no offence intended dissociative noobs :)) has massively distorted the standard dose range given most places. If you use ket... 30mg sublingual ain't gonna touch the sides... but start low cos it is a different drug. HR and all that...

300 mg IM is an epic dose. I'm not trying to tell you what to do Shambles, but to anyone reading this who hasn't tried MXE before, don't start anywhere near this. If you can work your way up to this, my hat's off to you. I just didn't want a dissociative noob like myself to read this and then go for 300 mg. Some guys started with 400 mg and ended up in the hospital in bad condition. I'm not disagreeing with you, Shambles, but I just wanted to emphasize the HR part. We don't want someone to end up in the news.

^^an hour if snorting? I've only sampled this once so far, but i felt it much sooner, 20min or so IIRC. Oral, i felt at right around an hour, definitely was beginning to consider redosing, luckily i began to get quite methox'd before i got out of the shower & had a chance to redose.

^ Easily an hour. That;s why I included the warning about it creeping up on ya...

Killer: I included the HR part. But there are those with dissociative tolerance who kinda get left outta the discussion too. This is no wonder drug. The recent posts about folk thinking they are god/christ are just plain scary. Dissociatives are not fuckin' meph. It seems to me that many are treating this particular one that way.

I didn't even begin to work my way up to that dose. I found my way. It ain't that strong compared to real ket. About 1:1, in my opinion. Maybe 1:1.25.. And I was being cautious cos I was already on 2g o ket and around 100mg of 3-MeO-PCE. This is not dicksizing. This is warning. Dissociatives are fuckin' seductive like y'all 30mg-ers will never know. I hope. Enjoy this drug by all means - tis a gem. Just don't for one second think it's benign. Some of the recent posts are just plain scary in their ignorance...

so all the people that say 100 mg of ket is a mild dose... they just have heavily cut ketamine?

not trying to pick a fight im just very confused... i did 100 mg of mxe over a few hours and it weren't exactly mild...

^Do you feel like you are addicted to dissociatives, Shambles? I agree it is fucking seductive too. I threw out a gram about a month ago because I had a hard time controlling myself with it and now here I am about to get some more. My interested is piqued in other dissociatives now too, would love to try 3-meo-pce.

^ I shot 500mg (x2ml barrels) of ketamine IV back to back to even begin to function when I was modding PD. Yes I was fuckin' addicted. Don't feel you're Billly Big Bollocks cos you managed to throw out some feckin' MXE of all things. Dissociative addiction is smackheads for pussies. Such things will take you deep. Very deep. Good luck to come out the other side sane if you take the piss....

IMO and all that shite...

<3

Has anybody tried a DXM and MXE combo? I was thinking a low dose dxm (~150 to 200mg) and around 50mg via plugging of MXE might be nice. Dangerous? Thoughts?
I tried it. I had an unexpected visitor that I had to behave for while it was happening, so I was resisting the trip. I can't comment on the qualitative aspects of the combo because the stress of having to act sober for 4 hours may have blunted any euphoric effects, but nothing dangerous happened and it felt good (just not as good as it might have).

I previously posted about this combo because the serotonin reuptake inhibition of the DXM might combine euphorically with the *theoretical* dopamine reuptake inhibition of the methoxetamine, and having NMDA antagonism (dissociation) on top of that might be interesting. Having dopamine and serotonin between the synapses simultaneously -- like with MDMA, meth, coke, etc. -- is thought to bring about both euphoria and neurotoxicity, FYI. It's not "dangerous," but it is theoretically damaging just like MDMA, meth, and coke are all theoretically damaging because of the simultaneous dopamine/serotonin presence.

^Do you recall your dosages?

It seems like it would be a fun combo to me (only with low dose DXM though) but a quick google search revealed these two reports, although they don't provide too much information.

MXE + DXM = Bad.
I nearly killed my partner with this combo. I spent 48 hrs with slurred speech and bad balance, she could hardly stand and went into a near comatose state. Luckily she slept through most of it, but managed a couple of concussions trying to go to the bathroom.

the DXM effects overpowered the MXE effect, i dont think they mix well

First report didn't give dosages, I suspect they were heavy. Second report said he took 300mg DXM and 100mg MXE insufflated.

^350 mg DXM orally with 12 mg ondansetron (a 5HT3a antagonist that also makes the DXM/DXO ratio higher) and 50 mg MXE rectally. I didn't have any problems with balance/emotion/cognition that weren't expected from the two combined (that is, the expected combined effects of each discounting any unknown synergistic effects). I would definitely keep the DXM dose in the first and second plateau range and the MXE dose well under 100 mg.

Last edited:
MXE + DXM = Bad.
I nearly killed my partner with this combo. I spent 48 hrs with slurred speech and bad balance, she could hardly stand and went into a near comatose state. Luckily she slept through most of it, but managed a couple of concussions trying to go to the bathroom.

Time and time again, as I have discovered, MXE is REALLY FUCKING DANGEROUS if mixed with SSRI's it seems, and most anything that acts on serotonin (possibly dopamine too). It's frustrating that there is no evidence for this, but I can assure you that from my own experience, whatever happens is both traumatising and potentially very dangerous. Please, please don't consider combos like this. I was a fool for ever doing so. I believe the MXE related death, which occurred from mixing with MDAI (a highly selective serotonin releasing agent) was less a freak accident and more the result of the aforementioned complications of mixing MXE with (speculation) drugs that act on the serotonin system.

As I say, it's extremely frustrating that there is not enough scientific research into the pharmacological action of MXE. As I have been told before, there seemingly shouldn't be issues in this department. Myself and others have mixed MXE with aMT of all things and had fantastic experiences. I just don't get it, but I'm worried the fact that noone 'gets it' will lead to more deaths in the future.

Haven't seen a new compound hyped this much in a long time.

Quite excited to try this one. Had a taste of ketamine recently after a few year break which had me wondering about potential analogues. Now I find this stuff. :)

In spite of my excitement I plan to proceed cautiously with this one for a few reasons.

A bit of background:

I've never been a big dissociative user, did DXM a handful of times as a kid, had 3 grams of K over a few months at one point, then 5 grams over a few months with about a year off in between. Hadn't had any for about 3 years before the recent 500mg.

Shortly after the first 3 grams I developed some of the urinary/gall bladder/kidney/whatever issues others have described. Was fairly disconcerting and lasted about a year after I stopped using, though I feel there may still be some lingering damage. Took me a while to pin it on the K use, but as more information on this has emerged, it seems most probable.

After reading some reports of similar things with MXE, I'm wondering if people who have had issues with K in this regard are more likely to report similar experiences from MXE?

My other concern is the addictive potential. While my use never got excessive with K, I did end up using it daily (~100mg/day) near the end of my 5gr stash. How would users with experience with both K and MXE compare the addictive potential?

I feel MXE would be less because of the longer duration/after effects, whereas with K, it's so short-acting there was always enough time to squeeze a small trip in.

I always enjoyed low dose K (~100mg spaced over an hour, listening to music etc) and never k-holed, but did have a few fairly profound experiences.

On 3 occasions when I would re-dose I would get to a state which I can only describe as the feeling of waking up in a lucid dream, but while already awake/conscious. This felt borderline mystical/'enlightening' but I was also fearful of losing my grip (what happens when you awaken, while already awake?) so I would distract myself rather than let myself go into the experience.

Maybe this is the 'almost there'/on the verge of great revelation feeling that makes dissociatives so seductive? :\ I'm curious if others have had that 'awakening while awake' feeling on K or MXE, and what happens when you fully give in to it?

7 years ago I had a very profound/life-changing 'kundalini awakening' (non drug-related) and while it did have VERY distinct differences from schizophrenia/bi-polar disorder/mania there were also similarities.

Much of my life since has been chasing that state of grace. While I'd give almost anything to get back there, I realize how fine the line between mysticism and mental illness can be, and dissociatives seem more likely to push one to the wrong side of that line...

I'd love for this material to be a new ally (fascinated by the therapeutic potential of low dose NMDA antagonists) but experience shows that when things (drugs especially) sound too good to be true, they usually are. <3

I was also wondering has anybody had any urinary/bladder problems from a result of using MXE?? just curious because of the structure similarity? im guessing that it wont have such a profound effect on the bladder ... but am just curious as to whether anyone has noticed any adverse effects??

Status
Not open for further replies.