• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - Part 13: Don't you know? MXE comes from MXE-co

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW had I my blood; CRP, liver, kidneys etc. tested today regarding my prolonged illness. Everything was fine, but if I remember correctly one should have a more detailed check-up done if looking for mxe-related damage, not just the basic blood tests so I'm not sure if I'm ok.

Self-treating for Depression with Methoxetamine

So, we know that Ketamine seems to be a wonder drug when it comes to rapidly treating major depressive episodes that may be otherwise unresponsive to treatment. From my experience, it is likely that MXE also has these neuro-regenerative and anti-depressant properties. I've had great success with using MXE to pull me out of my own recurring unipolar depressive phases. My question is: what would be the ideal dose regimen for treating depression with MXE?

One study (using Ketamine) that I've read about said, "The patients were all treated with low-dose ketamine infusions (0.5mg/kg total dose), up to twice a week, until their symptoms of depression went away."

I weigh 185 lbs and typically take about 100-150mg MXE sublingually once a week for three consecutive weeks when trying to "crack the shell" of my depression, so to speak. This is far beyond the above dosage, but I suppose I can't resist achieving a psychedelic effect as a bonus. But I still would like to figure out the most scientific strategy.

Do you guys have any thoughts or periodicals relating to what might be the most medically safe and effective dosing strategy for treating depression with MXE?

Last edited:
Do you guys have any thoughts or periodicals relating to what might be the most medically safe and effective dosing strategy for treating depression with MXE?

YES!! I do 20mg plugg twice a day and everything seems to be like a utopia .. I'm myself but with confidence and security. No one can tell the difference because I'm in complete control... WONDER powder

The other night on a combination of MXE, 3-MeO-PCP, and DXM I had an unpleasant vision unlike any I've ever experienced. It was like being gripped by a sudden waking dream, which was focused almost entirely on sensations in my throat of relentlessly expelling chunky gelatinous vomit, and was furthermore tied to somehow reversing time for a split second over and over again while remaining stalled at the same point. It was as though swallowing normally was the arrow of time and this vomiting process metaphysically stuttered its flow so I was swirling in place trapped helplessly within a temporal eddy. I remained stuck in this bizarre tactile vision state for what seemed like perhaps ten minutes,

I can't say I've had THAT experience, but I have had things similar and equally bizarre. I think the word BIZARRE is about as appropriate as it gets when do 3-PCP/MXE/and other things together.

I've had intense psychedelic trips before. Many, in fact. But the warping of space/time and resurrection of memories in full dynamic living, breathing totality have been enough to make me wave the white flag and declare: Life is mysterious and attempting to understand it or process it is far beyond the grasp of the human mind.

Magic exists. There are no limits. NO LIMITS. Take a deep breath and just appreciate the fact that your very presence here is in fact, inexplicable. I would warn people against pushing boundaries too often because it is so intense that it takes a toll on body and mind. If what I'm writing resonates with you - if you've experienced the indescribable and lived and breathed impossible situations - then consider yourself extremely lucky.

I believe we are pushing into realms which we're not ready to handle - I'm speaking for myself here, but also for people who seem to be experiencing miracles and life changing events - and we must ask ourselves: Was I fully present and aware throughout the entirety of that experience? Could I navigate it again WITHOUT the chemical catalysts?

In my case, the answer is NO. I have experienced things that are beyond my comprehension which to this day haunt me and excite me. We're playing with fire, as it seems humans are hard-wired to do, pushing boundaries. But, personally, I've come to a point where I want to step back from this, let the swirling energy settle, and see what remains. I am positive that there IS truth in there, but I personally am not yet complete enough to distinguish what's imagination manifested, what's existing in its own right, what's merely psyche-fireworks, and what deserves to be treated with appropriate respect.

The human mind is extraordinarily complex and capable of generating and manifesting actual circumstances and even entities.

If anything I've written rings a bell, I ask the reader to centre (center) themselves, take a deep breath, and allow the Earth to reveal what is and what's not. Let's slow it down a bit. The very ground underneath us has been witness to many many eras. It is important to 'ground' oneself with the Earth, because this is a time of incredible change and novelty which can easily become overwhelming. If life starts to feel like a cosmic roller-coaster ride which has de-railed, take solace in the solidity of the ground beneath you. Ultimately, it's where we came from. We need to reconnect with our source before we try to go beyond our protective home base.

Just my 2c%)

Hm weird cause I've actually experienced several black outs with MXE and I mean just large chunks of memory missing just hours after it happened. The worst one was taking 40 mg's with a friend, then 30 minutes after that forgetting we already took it and took another 40 mg... :') We both woke up at 6 AM in the morning and the first thing I said was "dude we haven't holed yet we still need to dose" completely oblivious that I just got out. Self-control... when talking MXE I seem to lack a lot of it sometimes.

Halif you are WISE! Feel a hard resonance with every bit of that post, been through all of that, and you're right, the warping of space-time, perceiving so many impossible situations, it does take a toll on the psyche and the body, and I myself have raised my white flag in surrender of the mystery. We all reach a point where we have to step the fuck back lest we fall into the precipice of insanity.

Halif said:
I can't say I've had THAT experience, but I have had things similar and equally bizarre. I think the word BIZARRE is about as appropriate as it gets when do 3-PCP/MXE/and other things together.

I've had intense psychedelic trips before. Many, in fact. But the warping of space/time and resurrection of memories in full dynamic living, breathing totality have been enough to make me wave the white flag and declare: Life is mysterious and attempting to understand it or process it is far beyond the grasp of the human mind.

Magic exists. There are no limits. NO LIMITS. Take a deep breath and just appreciate the fact that your very presence here is in fact, inexplicable. I would warn people against pushing boundaries too often because it is so intense that it takes a toll on body and mind. If what I'm writing resonates with you - if you've experienced the indescribable and lived and breathed impossible situations - then consider yourself extremely lucky.

I believe we are pushing into realms which we're not ready to handle - I'm speaking for myself here, but also for people who seem to be experiencing miracles and life changing events - and we must ask ourselves: Was I fully present and aware throughout the entirety of that experience? Could I navigate it again WITHOUT the chemical catalysts?

In my case, the answer is NO. I have experienced things that are beyond my comprehension which to this day haunt me and excite me. We're playing with fire, as it seems humans are hard-wired to do, pushing boundaries. But, personally, I've come to a point where I want to step back from this, let the swirling energy settle, and see what remains. I am positive that there IS truth in there, but I personally am not yet complete enough to distinguish what's imagination manifested, what's existing in its own right, what's merely psyche-fireworks, and what deserves to be treated with appropriate respect.

The human mind is extraordinarily complex and capable of generating and manifesting actual circumstances and even entities.

If anything I've written rings a bell, I ask the reader to centre (center) themselves, take a deep breath, and allow the Earth to reveal what is and what's not. Let's slow it down a bit. The very ground underneath us has been witness to many many eras. It is important to 'ground' oneself with the Earth, because this is a time of incredible change and novelty which can easily become overwhelming. If life starts to feel like a cosmic roller-coaster ride which has de-railed, take solace in the solidity of the ground beneath you. Ultimately, it's where we came from. We need to reconnect with our source before we try to go beyond our protective home base.

Just my 2c
What you’re saying here is very much in accord with my experiences over the past few days. Since that night I had been enduring strange gastric symptoms in my esophagus involving great difficulty equalizing air pressure that seemed somehow intimately tied to the experience and my subsequent efforts to find equilibrium. It’s as though over this time fulminations within some wildly speeding engine of my psyche were slaked, drag shoots systematically deployed, and finally last night with the aid of gabapentin the great steaming heap of it came to a halt with a coinciding abeyance of the bodily symptoms and an enormously euphoric sense of relief. This was all in response to stresses that I was not even consciously aware of fully, but the indications could not have been clearer that, as you’ve perceptively alluded to, it was time to rest and re-center.

Oh my. What dosages do I have to take to experience such magic?

The subjective warping of time that I, and, presumably in a similar sense, you, have experienced using dissociatives was for me remarkably similar to an experience of mine with DPT. That is, this sense of time "stuttering" with dissociatives -- or forming a temporal eddy within which consciousness becomes temporarily trapped -- shares similarities with the "dual stylus" conception of conscious awareness that DPT has familiarized me with on a few occasions in the past. I used a hypothetical situation to describe it in an old trip report of mine that was published on Erowid called "Turning Back the Second Seconds."

Here's the excerpt:
To understand the nature of what I'll be describing more clearly imagine walking into a quiet empty room at 1 pm. A cuckoo clock whirs to life, startling you, and you twist your head to see it. It gives one quick “cuckoo.” Giggling at yourself, you watch as the tiny bird snaps back behind the doors of the clock. At 1 pm and two seconds the clock's doors have just shut, yet suddenly you're struck with the same sense of surprise you had when you heard the mechanism first start 2 seconds ago. Less than half a second later the sensation of twisting your head to see the clock recurs. You experience vertigo because in truth you haven't physically moved a bit. Still standing there looking at the cuckoo clock’s closed doors you can almost see the bird pop out and almost hear it's chime. It's more than a vivid memory. What you're experiencing is so transporting that you feel at a far distance from the image of the clock that is actually present an arm's length before you now, like you're a step behind yourself and trailing in time. Expressionless, you feel a mild sense of relief followed by a short spike of elation and a blush spread across your face. This is what that laugh you had at yourself a moment ago would have felt like if you hadn't smiled. You're getting the first hints that something's seriously wrong. Now the muffled echo of that 2 second old laughter is mixed with brand new confusion, which will soon mount to dread. You turn to leave at 1 pm and 4 seconds, yet as you take your first step you feel a part of you is still standing still, looking at the just closed doors of the clock... This is what's just happened to me.

During that DPT experience I found myself ultimately extricated from the phenomenon when I came up with an interpretation of HOW the temporal repetitions originated. That is, I rationalized my way out of the recursive experience of time I was enduring subjectively. In contrast, during the episode I described above involving a combination of MXE, 3-MeO-PCP, and DXM, my extrication from the experience was motivated intuitively rather than rationally, in the form of a bodily gesture. Specifically, I understood within the bizarre waking dream logic of the dissociative vision episode that I was reestablishing the forward flow of time by swallowing, which is analogically the opposite of the vomiting sensation I understood to constitute a reversal of the flow of time that was, once again, "trapping" me within a temporal back-flow.

Of course I understand that both of the experiences were purely psychological episodes instantiated by powerful psychoactive drugs, but at that psychological level I find the similarities between them quite illuminating as demonstrations of how the mind grapples with these drug-powered presentations of the impossible that you describe above.

Last edited:
As has been noted many times here, a therapeutic dose of MXE can reduce or eliminate the symptoms of alcohol hangover, but I may add that while you will feel better, I'm not sure if it allows the body to rejuvenate like it would in a sober state of alcohol detox. Sticking to the lowest possible dose for therapeutic effects (5-25mg depending on your tolerance) is best to allow the body to continue its alcohol detoxification process without significant disruption.

Vortech I ended up taking 25mg orally but most of the hangover was already gone. Feeling pretty good at the moment and enjoying a beer now :)

WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED??

Wow.. I have taken 60mg of MXE or something today. And 2-3 beers in ~4 hours. Just smoked some weed and it CATAPULTED ME INTO THE HOLE LIKE NEVER BEFORE!!! NO WARNINGS, BOOM ! YOURE THERE!

hahahhhhha what in the actual fuck is this.... Every time I think I have gone the deepest I can get I end up going even MORE deep.

hahahahaha what a dissociation, I felt almost like when I did 500µg of AL-LAD and smoked weed - in the deep. Where the fuck I just went??

The human mind is so limitless its absurd

time dilation to its fullest, synesthesia, just indescribable - I never expected tonight to be like this

Dear me, I miss the days when MXE was UK-legal. I don't have any left over, and don't trust the darknet markets these days.

Oh joy! Found a missing vial with sterile solution, couple grams worth, under my couch. Since my last daze I wasn't entirely sure it ever existed at all ;D

Anyone feel some side effect from long term/abusive use of MXE ?
I reported that somewhere in this topic, mentionning I was in a 1 month mxe ride and I decided to stop... But since this post I havent stopped my drug bender, stopped mxe for 1 week then began abusing codeine just after, fall back into MXE.
Last consumption of MXE was 2 days ago. I decided to stop and try to maintain that decision especially since I noticed a loss of magic (perhaps can be attributed only to tolerance), magic wich I don't want to lose permanently.

My side effect are minor to moderate. I don't experience serious difficulties like Ive experienced in my depersonalization experience after salvia consumption in 2006, for example.

There is no serious depression or anxiety, but I feel sometime through the day a bit in a kind of dissociative headspace, and a bit less motivated by things. Not really like a lack of motivation : I can always motivate myself to do music and stuff, and I continue to experience pleasure for music, it's only a kind of "whatever". I feel a bit mentally "fried". Nothing major, but I can percieve it. Ive thought about life, death and consciousness wich are somewhat nihilistic, that I wasn't really having before, and I lost some passion somewhere, difficult to pinpoint, and lost some positive spirituality somewhere in the way. My creativity and apreciation for music seem to not have diminished, wich is a good stuff, but I notice there is less "spirituality" behind what I do. I have a more direct contact to what I do in music, less idea and more "sensation" and weirdness (this is I'm generally was looking for so it's perhaps a good point).

My MXE high changed near the end, feeling almost psychotic (always same power per dose - less euphoria - less fun - lost in my mind hallucinating my imagination at high dose). Hence the break.

Since the beginning of january I consumed (only) 2g of mxe or a bit more. But other drugs was consummed too (4fa, methylone, codeine, benzo). Not to mention it's the first time of my life I do this kind of epic binge.

These two point scare me a bit, I hope I didn't make permanent change/damage. Seeing some ppl here have addiction of 200mg a day for months if not years with no reported side effect kinda reassure me. But I suspect a vast array of ppl not notifying there mental change and they merely be high all the day.

Notice that due to my drugs consumption it's somewhat hard to discern what's the problem, since I'm relatively often in a sort of hangover, from MXE, or codeine, or alcohol...

Last edited:
Notice that this is not the first time detrimental stuff happen. Somewhere in october I experienced a 3 days dissociation after abusing MXE. This gone with time, so perhaps there is hope :p

Anyway, this kind of "dissociation" is not depersonalization nor derealization (and this is far less incapacitating than these disorder). I've no symptom of HPPD too, at least no more than before (always had static in my life).

No_id I can empathize with your experience. You described quite well some of the common after effects of an MXE binge- easier to describe effects such as simply feeling kind of fried, and also effects that are hard to pinpoint such as a subtle loss in positive spirituality and passion for creativity- effects that can last days or more than a week after using MXE. I think it is also common to observe the changes that you described in the progression from early stage use into later/chronic use. At first effects are inspiring ('profound!') with novel rose-tinted philosophical musings, bright excited energy, easy-to-obtain euphoria and an overall sense of connection. Later on it feels more like a disconnection as darker philosophies creep in and the novelty gives way to loops that wear into dysphoric feelings of insanity and finally into full-on psychosis where the line between delusion and reality crack. Add in a cycling with other drugs such as opiates and in the end, man, your spiritual circuitry is straight fucked, not to mention your body and mind exhausted. As bad as this all sounds, from my experience it is nothing that a period of abstinence and rehabilitation can't fix. 6 weeks clean and I'm feeling no worse for the wear. It was my regular cycling that kept me sustaining for years of MXE abuse. I can imagime someone going over the deep end in a matter of weeks or months if they binge hard enough. Stay safe fellas, it really does become a gnarly trip if you go too far down the rabbit hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.