View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread: 9th dose - Tolerance Schmolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.
can somebody explain to me what exactly mania feels like and why it is bad?

It doesn't necessarily feel bad at the time (unless the sleep deprivation is setting in), but mania is crappy for many reasons:

* Your ideas are not as great as you think they are. Despite the fact that you think that you have found the keys to the universe.
* You may not think you need sleep, you might not even feel like it- but sleeping is a funandamental part of staying alive/sane. Mania tends to reduce the amount and quality of sleep.
* Your intellectual faculties, despite what you think, are decreased not increased- mania doesn't make you smarter it makes you more suggestible. Believing you're the second coming may feel great ("I'm JESUS II motherfuckers!") but you'll probably feel like a dipshit in a month.
* Manic episodes often lead to a lot of regretible interpersonal-decision-making. I had a bipolar girl who I knew/was friends with walk about an hour, break into my house at like 2am (good thing I'm often awake/smashed at 2am & didn't accidently stab her or something) to proclaim her love for me only to be rejected (I was very polite, as I knew she was crazy and that she would apologise sooner or later- but she did BREAK IN! THE LIGHTS WERE ON! JUST KNOCK!) at which point she walked home, got a BB gun (rural area- so walking round with rifles at 2am is sweet as), walked back to my house and shot in all my windows. She avoided me for like a month then cried when she apologised because she was so embarassed. The reason I still know the girl is because, having experienced drug-induced mania, I know that she would have thought, at the time, it was the best idea in the universe- then everything spirally out of control back in the real world. She's lucky I'm understanding of the mentally ill (being 'mentally ill' myself ;)) and didn't call the cops. Then she would have been fucked- probably ended up with a court ordered trip to the loony-lock-down (yes, it exists) to avoid jail/criminal record and that wouldn't have done her any good. I did/said a lot of stupid shit while manic/coming down off MXE- all of it had consequences, some good, some bad, some terrible.

I'm JESUS II motherfuckers!

That's blasphemous.

There's no mania with MXE. What are you all talking about? When I made the universe I created MXE so that others could experience my brilliance for a short time.

Yours sincerely,

Jesus 2.5

I have seen this page, but unfortunately it does not help me fully understand what it actually feels like. I am sorry for asking for people's personal definition.

It doesn't necessarily feel bad at the time (unless the sleep deprivation is setting in), but mania is crappy for many reasons:

* Your ideas are not as great as you think they are. Despite the fact that you think that you have found the keys to the universe.
* You may not think you need sleep, you might not even feel like it- but sleeping is a funandamental part of staying alive/sane. Mania tends to reduce the amount and quality of sleep.
* Your intellectual faculties, despite what you think, are decreased not increased- mania doesn't make you smarter it makes you more suggestible. Believing you're the second coming may feel great ("I'm JESUS II motherfuckers!") but you'll probably feel like a dipshit in a month.
* Manic episodes often lead to a lot of regretible interpersonal-decision-making. I had a bipolar girl who I knew/was friends with walk about an hour, break into my house at like 2am (good thing I'm often awake/smashed at 2am & didn't accidently stab her or something) to proclaim her love for me only to be rejected (I was very polite, as I knew she was crazy and that she would apologise sooner or later- but she did BREAK IN! THE LIGHTS WERE ON! JUST KNOCK!) at which point she walked home, got a BB gun (rural area- so walking round with rifles at 2am is sweet as), walked back to my house and shot in all my windows. She avoided me for like a month then cried when she apologised because she was so embarassed. The reason I still know the girl is because, having experienced drug-induced mania, I know that she would have thought, at the time, it was the best idea in the universe- then everything spirally out of control back in the real world. She's lucky I'm understanding of the mentally ill (being 'mentally ill' myself ;)) and didn't call the cops. Then she would have been fucked- probably ended up with a court ordered trip to the loony-lock-down (yes, it exists) to avoid jail/criminal record and that wouldn't have done her any good. I did/said a lot of stupid shit while manic/coming down off MXE- all of it had consequences, some good, some bad, some terrible.

AH, thank you. Now I know what it is. And I know that I have definitely had this condition from this drug multiple times... What intrigues me is where you say it does not make you smarter... I really did think that this drug made me smarter, as after coming down and being on an afterglow I could finish a word search much quicker than I could before, and came up with all sorts of crazy ideas that I thought were the holy grail. Now that a couple months of using this drug almost daily have past by, I now feel much dumber and slower. anybody wanna explain this one? and will I ever gain my mental ability back? :p

You're the man. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry would be second comings, but you gotta recall Matthew 24:30 "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."

Please have more educated delusions. Like think you're John the Baptist brought back from the dead to make the way straight for the Lord (again), or something.

Holy shit MXE can be beautiful! Tried it on and off with mixed results for some months, but today it blew me away. I'm still shocked, awed and grateful. Blizz, peace and love. Kudos to the MXE god! ;)

I think i'm done with MXE for a while, which is a good thing because my use was becoming out of control and irresonsible. I was eyeballing doses, redosing multiple times in a night and not getting the same magical feeling anymore. 2 nights ago, I doses some bk-mdma and rolled at a show, while drinking a bit as well. When I started coming down, I insufflated atleast 80-100 mg MXE, drank a bit more and some how "blacked out". It was way different than a traditional alcohol black out though, one minute I was blowing lines and the next thing I know it's a couple hours later and i'm sitting on the couch confused as fuck and I can't find my bag of MXE anywhere. Still not too sure what happened to it but there was only 100 mg left anyways. I don't plan on ordering anymore in the near future.

Can anyone provide any more detailed info on why MXE potentiates opiates like heroin so well? Is it simply because they both act as CNS depressants? Does that mean it is a potentially very dangerous combo? Or does it go deeper than that?

At this point I don't think I'll ever be doing one without at least a little bit of the other.

Oh man the ideas thing. That x1000 some nights after holing. I get so into my "brilliant" ideas and wake up the next day realizing how horrible my ideas actually were.

I've had "amazing" business ideas where I thought I found a sure way to becoming rich... A few times actually. lol.

Interesting. I've yet to experience this mania phenomenon, since starting to use MXE weekly. MXE does tend to give me a motivational boost, but that energy is always applied to realistic, practical endeavors, not grandiose manic schemes.

Although I never really "hole" on MXE -- it's not a very comfortable experience for me, and I think the magic lies within sub-hole doses, personally.

Yeah, MXE is great for when you're already feeling good. If you're currently stressed out about something or not going through a great time, I'd recommend holding it off.

MXE is great, you just have to be careful with when you take it, just like any other drug. It's easy to let the side effects get to you if you don't spot them. I'm pretty sure I experienced the "mania" side of MXE, but it's definitely not because of the MXE alone.

Saturday night was fucking crazy. I took some NyQuil to chill myself out (a little over the recommended amount, nothing crazy) and went to a friend's house. A new order of MXE arrived and this stuff was the best I've ever touched. Snow white would describe this batch perfectly. I dosed 110 MG... and within 10 minutes things got crazy. There were moments where I was standing outside for a while trying to understand where and what I was doing, and if pissing was going to work or not. I eventually pissed and went back to the man cave, where I was pretty sure I was in China. It's one of the nights where you trip so hard that you can't even explain it... let's leave it at that, lmao.

Interesting. I've yet to experience this mania phenomenon, since starting to use MXE weekly. MXE does tend to give me a motivational boost, but that energy is always applied to realistic, practical endeavors, not grandiose manic schemes.

Although I never really "hole" on MXE -- it's not a very comfortable experience for me, and I think the magic lies within sub-hole doses, personally.

In my experience the "mania" and delusions tend to come most with using too frequently, and are most common with redoses. Redosing seems to be the main factor, as it boots up the dopaminergic side of the drug a lot more than it seems to boost the dissociation. (suggesting maybe there's some short term tolerance for those effects)

for those that enjoy high dose MXE trips, do you prefer to redose a couple smaller amounts till you hole or do you like doing one massive dose? which is more effective/efficient?

for those that enjoy high dose MXE trips, do you prefer to redose a couple smaller amounts till you hole or do you like doing one massive dose? which is more effective/efficient?

I guess it depends on the night and my current mood. It also depends on how experienced I am with the specific batch I'm dealing with. I really couldn't tell you which method is more efficient, but if you're really just trying to fall into a hole, I'd go with a big dose. If it's a new batch that you've never tested, I'd start slow.

I tried 110 MG of snow white on Saturday and no longer call it a M-hole. Rabbit hole makes much more sense now. :)

Received 1g of this to research.

I'm hoping to utilise its anti-depressant effects, while still exploring the different dose ranges. I'm hoping for a similar headspace to DXM, without all the other effects. The only way to describe it would be a calm, quiet space, as if a helmet were removed from my mind and i was free to wander in thoughts without anxieties.

My plan is to use it once every week at different dosages (5-50mg and 50-100mg), and to mix up the routes of admin. (Oral, Insuff., Rectal, IM)
I'm also going to see how it is for socializing sometime in the future.

How long is the afterglow present for?
Would weekly dosing diminish the afterglow over time? (i'm assuming yes)
At What doses/roa is an afterglow present?

I hope to answer these questions myself through researching, but would also like for others to share their experience and/or heed warning.

Ive been doing it once a week for 6 months, the afterglow lasts for 5 days+ on aprox 60mg, although these days im not sure if im actually glowing or not or if the effect has stopped working. the stimulating productive aspect of the glow seems to wear off quicker now, but the nice content feeling lasts for awhile still. but its subtle, so hard to tell when it wears off or not. noticed no ill effects when the glow wears off (a few months ago i didnt do MXE for a few weeks and felt fine without my weekly dose, although i did think about it quite a lot, but soon i didnt care and could have easily gone without, was gonna stop doing it completely) ive only sniffed it

Personally, I like to space out my doses till I reach a point of comfort. I usually start with a 30mg bump. That gets me feeling nice and calm, and I wait 30 or so minutes. Followed by another small bump, and another. I'll usually do 3 bumps total and that will get me feeling great. I find doing large doses at once tends to throw me more into a hole and things become too chaotic for me to really enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.