View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread: 9th dose - Tolerance Schmolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my dear, tried plugging MXE yesterday, 2x28mg perhaps 30-45 mins. apart after i had some 10mg sublingual approx. an hour prior. Holy Guacamole, that was sheer insane. Forgot everything, i was so totally fuck'd i couldn't even understand what the clock meant to me =D Can't say much more about it because my mind was too mangled. ...and the afterglow today is just SUPERB!

So any of you fine gents (and lovely ladies) have any idea about combining tricyclic antidepressants with dissociatives? MXE specifically, and also amitriptyline (at very low doses- 10-20 mg). I've so far been able to find that most people seem to report increased effects from psychedelics while on amitriptyilne (it's safe right?), but I can't find anything about dissociatives.

MXE afterglow is a beauty

Of course, but i'd say MXE is a beauty, not just the afterglow, even though it's not that easy to understand and handle. I remember my 1st trials which were worlds apart from what i'm now getting out of it. It's defo not a thing for everyone and it's good like that, but for people who tend to like what it's offering, it's almost like an Epiphany.

Never thought about trying a dissociative compound but i'm glad i tried this one.

know exactly what you mean. i didnt like it at first, didnt find it anything special, but ever since the first glow got triggered its been so much different, love it. enlightening. might do some tonight, havent done any for a few weeks. magical stuff

you'd like ketamine as well, its better i find. more fun. but less glow

Of course, but i'd say MXE is a beauty, not just the afterglow, even though it's not that easy to understand and handle. I remember my 1st trials which were worlds apart from what i'm now getting out of it. It's defo not a thing for everyone and it's good like that, but for people who tend to like what it's offering, it's almost like an Epiphany.

Never thought about trying a dissociative compound but i'm glad i tried this one.

That's interesting, I've found MXE to be very easy to handle, pretty much as easy to handle as an opiate or other such drug. And that's from someone who avoids mushrooms cause they're too hard to handle. I was very experienced with DXM before I did MXE though, that might be the difference. Never had a difficult dissociative experience, and most of my trips on psychedelics are very difficult.

I've always heard it said that most people don't like dissociatives much but some of us love them so.

Definitely some awesome stuff. Being too lazy to check the combos sub thread, what are people's favorite psychedelics to mix with MXE? I've been considering 4-aco-dmt, acid or a DOx

You should definitely try ketamine if you like MXE so much, just a thought.

You should definitely try ketamine if you like MXE so much, just a thought.

Ketamine is weird. I really enjoyed it at first. I wouldn't say it's better than Mxe, it's just...different, another type of dissociative, a different high. Enjoyable? Sure. More fun? I personally don't think so. To me, MxE is simply Ketamine, improved.

Ketamine tends to make me sick. I can't eat before I take it, or while I'm on it. The high is more "In your face", more intense, yet shorter. I find, I can take a good 100mg and feel rocked for an hour, but after that hour, I feel perfectly normal. MXE, I can take 200mg (I've gained a high tolerance) and feel rocked for a good 2 hours, then slowly come down for another hour or two. Not to mention, I can pig out on a shit ton of food while rocked, and still feel amazing, no sickness at all. Also, Ketamine's physical side effects are much more prominent compared to MxE. Particularly the effects it has on your bladder.

Don't get me wrong. Ketamine is enjoyable. I don't not like it, I just prefer MxE over it.

Ketamine is weird. I really enjoyed it at first. I wouldn't say it's better than Mxe, it's just...different, another type of dissociative, a different high. Enjoyable? Sure. More fun? I personally don't think so. To me, MxE is simply Ketamine, improved.

Ketamine tends to make me sick. I can't eat before I take it, or while I'm on it. The high is more "In your face", more intense, yet shorter. I find, I can take a good 100mg and feel rocked for an hour, but after that hour, I feel perfectly normal. MXE, I can take 200mg (I've gained a high tolerance) and feel rocked for a good 2 hours, then slowly come down for another hour or two. Not to mention, I can pig out on a shit ton of food while rocked, and still feel amazing, no sickness at all. Also, Ketamine's physical side effects are much more prominent compared to MxE. Particularly the effects it has on your bladder.

Don't get me wrong. Ketamine is enjoyable. I don't not like it, I just prefer MxE over it.

I would say the physical effects of ketamine are pretty negligible if you aren't addicted to it. I also enjoy the shorter high that ket gives me, it's more manageable and if it gets very uncomfortable (which can happen on dissociatives) the high is over very soon.

I also find ket to be remarkably more physically and mentally warm/comfortable without a lot of the confusion and/or mania and dysphoria that can accompany mxe experiments gone awry. Also, a HUGE benefit to ketamine is that it doesn't dehydrate the living hell out of me like MXE does - I CAN keep myself hydrated on mxe but it's much nicer not to have to drink a gallon of water every time I want to dose.

But, I understand these effects are variable for everyone - so I won't say that ketamine is "better" than MXE (although I do think statistically it's more likely that the majority of those who try both probably prefer ketamine), but I do think that if you enjoy MXE, you're doing yourself a disservice if you haven't at least tried ketamine.

That's interesting, I've found MXE to be very easy to handle, pretty much as easy to handle as an opiate or other such drug. And that's from someone who avoids mushrooms cause they're too hard to handle. I was very experienced with DXM before I did MXE though, that might be the difference. Never had a difficult dissociative experience, and most of my trips on psychedelics are very difficult.

I've always heard it said that most people don't like dissociatives much but some of us love them so.

I never thought a dissociative could be my thing, but i was surely damn wrong about that. I also prefer it to shrooms (which i also like) or LSD, but i found some higher dosed experiences way more demanding (and therefore the substance by itself harder to handle; at least at higher doses) than shrooms and so on.

And yes, i'm REALLY tempted to try some Ket, but unfortunately i've no possibility to get my hands on some :(

I also found that a benzo is taking the edge off of MXE and also some of it's nicer effects. It's an ok-combo, but i like it more on it's own, sometimes with a little bit of Etizolam to get to sleep easier. I prefer it with THC, at least at the end of the experience, to smooth it out and give it a psychedelic uplift!

Ok so i'm probably totally jumping the gun with this post/?, but oh well. Nothing can be conclusive with such little experimentation done; as I just recieved my latest "batch" this morning. But i'm already slightly disappointed and have some questions. My experiementation is limited to five different batches. All have been the grainy/sandy off white kind except the one I have become accustom to, and had the most of, which was pure white, floury with chunks. It was of very high quality. All have been easy to sniff, smooth as butta'. (Though it does tend to make my nose dryed out and sore the day after, increasing in soreness with frequency to the point of not being able to use that roa.) After I discovered this, plugging became my preferred roa. So my newest batch is sandy/grainy/crystally, very white, and shimmers and sparkles beautifully. Being a new batch from a new vender might be the cause of my concern but....
First, this batch stings kinda bad, luckily it ceases after a few seconds but followed with a drip. None of my other batches burned/stung in the least bit. Has anybody experienced stinging: is this normal and ok? So I sniffed 12mg and took a shower. Then I plugged 20mg. The burn continued in my bum, I could feel it go down, or up, or whatever like you can feel the burn of (some) alcohol after you take a shot. Idk, it didn't really hurt, but it wasn't exactly pleasant and having never experienced this with plugging mxe(or any drug for that matter) it is somewhat concerning. I could help but take a poo within 10 minutes however( sorry for being gross) After that I sniffed another 20mg(about 30 minutes ago) I haven't done Mxe before today in over a week, but likely have quite a bit of tolerance from the past couple months of abuse. Even so, I'm certain I would mos def be feelin' it from my last batch. Right now I don't think I feel anything but perhaps placebo.
The powder is also fairly "sticky," somewhat clumpy. And tho is shimmers and sparkles upon laying it on a flat surface the "sparkles" are not even attached to the substance necessarily. Like they added micro glitter to make it aesthetically appealing. The fuck?!? Like I said, I prolly jumped the gun and am just being paranoid and shit but do you guys think I got bunk or cut shit? The weakness is disappointing and the burn/sting is somewhat alarming using past research as a basis.
I guess there's only one way to put this to rest...do more!!

Last edited:
Sublingual is the best way. Nasal while fun is definitely a waste. 40mg nasal does little to me while 40mg sublingual gives me a very nice buzz.

Ok so i'm probably totally jumping the gun with this post/?, but oh well. Nothing can be conclusive with such little experimentation done; as I just recieved my latest "batch" this morning. But i'm already slightly disappointed and have some questions. My experiementation is limited to five different batches. All have been the grainy/sandy off white kind except the one I have become accustom to, and had the most of, which was pure white, floury with chunks. It was of very high quality. All have been easy to sniff, smooth as butta'. (Though it does tend to make my nose dryed out and sore the day after, increasing in soreness with frequency to the point of not being able to use that roa.) After I discovered this, plugging became my preferred roa. So my newest batch is sandy/grainy/crystally, very white, and shimmers and sparkles beautifully. Being a new batch from a new vender might be the cause of my concern but....
First, this batch stings kinda bad, luckily it ceases after a few seconds but followed with a drip. None of my other batches burned/stung in the least bit. Has anybody experienced stinging: is this normal and ok? So I sniffed 12mg and took a shower. Then I plugged 20mg. The burn continued in my bum, I could feel it go down, or up, or whatever like you can feel the burn of (some) alcohol after you take a shot. Idk, it didn't really hurt, but it wasn't exactly pleasant and having never experienced this with plugging mxe(or any drug for that matter) it is somewhat concerning. I could help but take a poo within 10 minutes however( sorry for being gross) After that I sniffed another 20mg(about 30 minutes ago) I haven't done Mxe before today in over a week, but likely have quite a bit of tolerance from the past couple months of abuse. Even so, I'm certain I would mos def be feelin' it from my last batch. Right now I don't think I feel anything but perhaps placebo.
The powder is also fairly "sticky," somewhat clumpy. And tho is shimmers and sparkles upon laying it on a flat surface the "sparkles" are not even attached to the substance necessarily. Like they added micro glitter to make it aesthetically appealing. The fuck?!? Like I said, I prolly jumped the gun and am just being paranoid and shit but do you guys think I got bunk or cut shit? The weakness is disappointing and the burn/sting is somewhat alarming using past research as a basis.
I guess there's only one way to put this to rest...do more!!

I seem to have received something nearly identical to that.. Were you ever able to find an amount that did the trick or would you declare it to be total bunk?

On small doses I can ride my bike for like 40km.
But I do bike a lot when sober too.

I've rode my many many times on mxe. It is loads of fun especially when I'm taking hits of weed out of my one hitter while riding.

Sucks I only have a tiny bit of mxe left but still enough for a good experience. I'm saving it for the right time rather than just doing it out of impulse which I have done allot with mxe.

I'd say this crystalline stuff is shite. 20mgs up the backdoor should've hit you almost instantly and noticeable, not just in a placebo kind of way. I read MXE doesn't tend to form crystals, so i advise to take this ominous stuff and put it to the garbage, where it belongs to.

Think i got something similar, description fits well, at first it kind of had a slight ket effect, I cant hole on this crap, i tried a mortar and pestle for a fine grind, insuffalated 20 mgs, nada, a nastier drip? i do take benzos regularly, i tried smoking 20 mgs, stirred in catnip, smoked better, thinking about plugging it, dunno, i have come close to pouring it out.... Ketalar by parke-davis, thats what i call holeing... 100 mg./ml, 120 mg.s IM, yessireebob.... turn on some floyd divison bell and close your eyes

I take like 80-120mg mxe to hole out... also snorting never holes me... only sublingual

Status
Not open for further replies.