View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread: 9th dose - Tolerance Schmolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I experienced a much more therapeutical high where I spent a lot of time thinking about my habits and tracing exactly why they exist back to my childhood. I'm still afterglowing (a good mood, not just feeling the drug mind you) 5 days after my foray into oral dosing.

Reading this makes me realise that I should take a good long break from MXE, because these days when I do a high dose I can't think anything. I just leave completely. Then some time later I come back with minimal memory of what happened, save for a few abstract images and ideas which I can't really use.

It's a shame how I've let it get so habitual that it's become 'just a drug'. I still enjoy it, but when I think back to the first couple of months of use I realise how much I used to get out of it then. Now I just get 'out of it'.

I think I use MXE like some people use marijuana - as a staple in their diet. I take it with everything. Strangely enough, while I know a lot of people say it gets them wired and makes it hard to sleep, for me it's extremely effective as an anti-anxiety medication.

Reading this makes me realise that I should take a good long break from MXE, because these days when I do a high dose I can't think anything. I just leave completely. Then some time later I come back with minimal memory of what happened, save for a few abstract images and ideas which I can't really use.

It's a shame how I've let it get so habitual that it's become 'just a drug'. I still enjoy it, but when I think back to the first couple of months of use I realise how much I used to get out of it then. Now I just get 'out of it'.

I think I use MXE like some people use marijuana - as a staple in their diet. I take it with everything. Strangely enough, while I know a lot of people say it gets them wired and makes it hard to sleep, for me it's extremely effective as an anti-anxiety medication.

yea when mxe first hits in that heavy state im mellow, tranquil, sedated. but after about the 45 minute mark, once it feels more fluid and controllable, i feel like im at a rave and im waiting for the bass to drop so i can dance and go craaaazy.

That is the worst side effect of this drug for me. The addiction aspect.
I had to stop for a month or two there.

I won't let myself order more than 500mg at a time now.
Still plenty enough to fuck me up for a week straight and make me talk like the wonky man from Mars. Have to space it out... 100mg a week is about right.

If I start talking too weird just tell me to flush my shit again. lol
Trying to keep my yap shut.

Been pretty busy lately anyways not half the time to get high as usual.
That's a good thing. No time for addiction.
I stopped daily weed for a week... two weeks ago.. but started back up again.

Fuck that I love my daily greens.

^yea i ate 2 grams of very potent mushrooms one night and right after i peaked, around the 3 hour mark, and was getting hit with waves i did a small rail of mxe. it felt like my eyeballs were hanging out of my sockets on springs, bouncing around all over the place, thats how fucked my vision became.

Winners eat MXE and mushrooms.
I felt the slinky eyeballs thing too on 2 g's of bomb shroom and 100mg MXE.
Beautiful synergy. Evaded an ego death from the good vibe of the MXE.
I don't usually do combo's but was feeling gutsy that night I guess. It was great.

If I ever pissed myself on a drug, it was likely Datura.
Even then I probably wouldn't know it.

What does your doctor say about you doing weird drugs? Does he suggest that any medical conditions you have might be related?

I don't go into details really but I told them I've done odd drugs at parties that may not exactly be normal. They don't really know what symptoms to check for when you say that. lol!
If you can't be honest with your doctor you aren't being honest with yourself.
If the doctor got mad at me, I'd ask for a new doctor.
Of course they recommend you don't do drugs and get treatment if you are.
They were happy to hear I quit cigarettes a few years back.

Don't let the fact that you do drugs stop you from getting the proper treatment. If those drugs are telling you to get treatment, you probably should too. Drugs bring out your true feelings.

I was crying to my buddy one night on MXE about all my problems like a schoolgirl who just broke up with her boyfriend. lol. He wouldn't touch MXE now if you paid him.

I don't blame him. The stuff is very hard to understand.

then i must have holed many times. because i get the sensation of movement (body twisting, twirling, foling inside out, floating, upside down etc) almost everytime when i do mxe. but without the awesome awesome cevs in this dimension.

Indeed there seems to be a few different levels of holing.

The three most noticeable parts are the normal drunken upity stimulated feeling and then the world is warping maybe time to lay down in bed feeling. Then there is the aftergloooow.

I describe a hole as the point when the drunk come up feeling ends and the room starts distorting and vortexing and the odd body feelings begin. Your vision completely goes cross eyed and if you want to see straight you need to close one eye and focus hard with the other.

If you are laying in bed lights out when that feeling happens, to me I have a mental (not CEV or OEV) hallucination that I leave my body and float away in the soul form and ride out into space to visit the subconscious soul place and see aliens.

That's if I hit "bingo" hole level.

Light hole level starts when everything begins to shift as usual, but I don't get to go on a space ride.

I would say I am able to get the space ride hole level once out of every three trips.

I usually have to do some heavy dosing and lessen the intervals. It's always important to be sure you don't overdose though. I've done it myself and it's not pretty. You can have bad MXE trips and probably even die if you take too much. Will turn you off to MXE real fast.

I'm surprised I'm back..

Last edited:
I remember thinking that I was dying. Throughout the night, once in a while, I would say to my friends "I just can't die" and "I'm not going to die right?". It was an epic night. :)

Anybody else get so disconnected from their body, that they sometimes can't tell if they shit themselves or not? I know this sounds really amusing, but every so often when I take a high dose, I begin to panic thinking I shit more pants, or even pissed them. I've yet to actually do so, fortunately, but still...it bugs me out.

yeah sometimes. ive had it from DMT as well, blasted off on DMT and came back and immediately thought id pissed myself. checked myself and i hadnt. had it fro MXE a few times, usually when returning from a heavy ego death type experience, feels like ive let lose and fully pissed myself

Anyone get the worst shits from oral dosing? I thought I had food poisoning. Everytime I ate anything I got sick, it was actually from oral dosing of MXE and a meal even a day after made me ill.

I only have tried MXE in very small doses (10 mg), but even 10 hours laters when I go to sleep, I get CEVs. It usually happens to me with long-term acting DRI.
I am the only one?

MXE + DMT wasn't too bad. It was my first time blasting off though so I didn't even remember that I was on MXE when I blasted off. Maybe I was already coming down off of the MXE... it was a low dose.

Around 30mg nasally for walk during warm, sunny day is awesome! doses under 30mg just make me feel slow and lazy, without stimulation. Tried samples from 2 different vendors, so I guess it is just me. Also I am taking piracetamol daily (only stop the day i use mxe) so that may be also the reason i dont get all the positive results.

Anybody else get so disconnected from their body, that they sometimes can't tell if they shit themselves or not? I know this sounds really amusing, but every so often when I take a high dose, I begin to panic thinking I shit more pants, or even pissed them. I've yet to actually do so, fortunately, but still...it bugs me out.
haha i had this on a high dose of shrooms, though i puked and shit myself, have to put ya hand in ya pants and have a feel ^_^

But even worse is the circle-jerkin attitude of winking smilies and devil-may-care encouragements of further usage from all the closet addicts within the in-community of this thread. It's bad enough that we have these stupid cutesey titles to the MXE threads, such as "I can't sleep, so why not", or "let's start the next bag", or even "tolerance schmolerance". [Why the moderating team - who constantly pontificate up on the importance of harm reduction - think it's appropriate to promote MXE in this carefree and juvenile way is beyond me.]

+1 couldnt agree more, amazed at some of the crap that gets posted here.
A few pages back somebody said that the govt will ban what they want to ban regardless of what is written online. Not true. Unfortunately i can't find it now but on the day of the ban the official govt website showed the letter from the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs to the home office informing them that they had decided to ban it.
It specifically mentioned the fact that they had been looking at forums to see who was using it.
the 'forensic early warning system' they are so proud of, what do you think that actually is ??
In the early days, how did A&E staff decide how to treat casualties ? They looked online, this again is in black and white should you care to look it up.
I'm not saying ppl shouldn't feel free to express themselves, but maybe not here. There are other forums, bluelight is seen as a source of sensible information and ppl should be mindful of that.
If i had followed the dosages mentioned on here I would have been a casualty myself, I never needed to go over 35mg, and that is with experience of high doses of K and some experimentation with DXM powder. I started small and worked my way up.
Your average teenage twat or ex mephadrone fan might not be so carefull.
So in a nutshell, do what you want, say what you like...I'm just not so sure that anything said here qualifies as harm reduction, and not the best advertisment for the intelligent use of psychedelic compounds by intelligent ppl. The 'roflcoptr' thread on bluelight was probably the best thing written about MXE...
rant over. =-]
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/608022-Methoxetamine-AKA-quot-roflcoptr-quot-or-quot-MXE-quot

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/public...ies/acmd1/statement-methoxetamine?view=Binary

Last edited:
But even worse is the circle-jerkin attitude of winking smilies and devil-may-care encouragements of further usage from all the closet addicts within the in-community of this thread. It's bad enough that we have these stupid cutesey titles to the MXE threads, such as "I can't sleep, so why not", or "let's start the next bag", or even "tolerance schmolerance". [Why the moderating team - who constantly pontificate up on the importance of harm reduction - think it's appropriate to promote MXE in this carefree and juvenile way is beyond me.]

As much as I dearly respect you, and your insightful contributions to this board, SA, I must kindly inform you to get off your high horse. :D The thread titles are jokes. They're meant to be funny. And they succeed in that goal -- I had a good laugh when I saw the title "Tolerance Shmolerance". We can't become completely dry, humorless, and literal, just on the off-chance that someone lacking a sense of humor takes everything we say seriously.

Also, why does encouraging usage of a chemical have to be a sign of addiction? I would encourage MXE usage to anyone with an anxiety disorder, because it has been immensely therapeutic to me in that regard. And that's a fact, not a rationalization of an addiction.

Why would you offer drugs that can put one in a odd confused state if you know they have anxiety?! Thatsreally hazordous AppleCore. Very lame advice. MXE doesn't solve anxiety or make it any less appare.t. If anything I could see someone anxious and unstable getting in a Mess on mex.

i would urge anyone with an anxiety disorder to speak to their GP for a referral

^ Been there, done that. Therapists don't know what they're talking about, IMO. And the drugs that a psychiatrist will prescribe are nothing but destructive.

MXE actually works. Therefore, I recommend it. Why does the encouragement of RC use seem so hard to swallow? The RC market exists, and is thriving, because people recognize the value of these chemicals, and take advantage of them. That's a good thing.

MXE doesn't solve anxiety

Actually, yes it does. I am living proof.

Actually, yes it does. I am living proof.

How long have you been using it as a treatment? How often? Any negative side effects as of yet?

I'd also like to point out that different treatments have different effects on different people.

For me, amphetamines effectively eliminate my anxiety. I know other people who cannot take any stimulants because they will get anxiety attacks. Same with marijuana, it is a great cure for my anxiety but other people get anxiety from using it.

I think that the issue with recommending research chemicals for medical use is that we really know very little about these chemicals, and by telling people to use it for anxiety, you leave yourself open to interpretation. I know that if MXE was the only thing I used to decrease anxiety, I would be an addict and after a few months of daily use I would be a brain dead wreck of a person. There are many negative side effects that we can't even predict yet with such new chemicals, so to recommend them to anyone with anxiety is irresponsible.

In my opinion opiates would be a much safer long term daily treatment for anxiety then any dissociative drug. And I would never recommend that someone with anxiety self medicate with either one.

BTW, MXE gets rid of my anxiety nicely, when I use it. But using it as the treatment for my anxiety would mean I'd have to use it every day, which would seriously, seriously fuck my head up.

If I only used MXE occasionally, say once every week at the max (which I think is over using it), then it would not be an effective anxiety treatment for me. If I used MXE for anxiety, I would necessarily become an MXE addict, the same as if I used xanax or heroin for anxiety.

BTW, MXE gets rid of my anxiety nicely, when I use it. But using it as the treatment for my anxiety would mean I'd have to use it every day, which would seriously, seriously fuck my head up.

Well said.
In my opinion traditional medicine offers chemicals that when used daily relieve anxiety. Having worked in the mental health sector I have seen the long term affects of these drugs and believe they can often dull a person's personality and rob them of thier sparkle.
The alternative / psychedelic way would be introspection whilst under the influence and facing the root cause of an ailment.
LSD has cured alcoholism after one dose, if you're having to do MXE again and agian and again to 'cure' something...well its not curing anything is it ?
You're enjoying the dopamine after glow is all.

edit - oh and the key word is 'encouragement'. Only the weak minded would take Dissociatives because they were encouraged to do so.

Last edited:
^I've found alternative medicines to be fairly effective at treating depression and anxiety- L and D pheylalanine (D to relax, L to energize), fish oil, Rhodiola and MAOIs have all helped me through rough periods (and lots of weed). And they are not neurotoxic or addictive, whereas nothing can be said of MXE in that regard because it has not been studied at all.

I agree about the pharmaceuticals, I think doctors over prescribe the hell out of SSRIs, Benzos and all other manner of drugs, and I think that such drugs are often damaging to the person that takes them in the long run, even though most of them are great at treating symptoms. That doesn't mean that anecdotal evidence proves that a drug is a safe and effective treatment.

There are a lot of ways to treat mental illness, different treatments work for different people. But it is blatantly irresponsible to recommend that people use completely untested drugs to treat mental illness.

^ Been there, done that. Therapists don't know what they're talking about, IMO. And the drugs that a psychiatrist will prescribe are nothing but destructive.

MXE actually works. Therefore, I recommend it. Why does the encouragement of RC use seem so hard to swallow? The RC market exists, and is thriving, because people recognize the value of these chemicals, and take advantage of them. That's a good thing.

i would think the far greater proportion of rc users want to get fucked up cheaply, legally, and don't have any good drug connects. not that they are seeking treatment for mental illness in unresearched, untested drugs.

how many psychologists/psychiatrists did you try? how many different treatments (cognitive-behavioural therapy, psychoanalysis, group therapy, etc) did you try? how many different types of drugs did you try? you saying that qualified mental health professionals don't know what they are talking about, and that tested, researched, approved psychiatric medications are destructive is laughable. heroin works to cure my depression, but should i continue using it in that way? should it be prescribed for that? of course not! but it works!

There are a lot of ways to treat mental illness, different treatments work for different people. But it is blatantly irresponsible to recommend that people use completely untested drugs to treat mental illness.

this

Status
Not open for further replies.