• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread-11th Dose-50 grams and a kidney later..

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still does not cease to surprise me with new feelings, ideas and novel experiences. It is an integral component to my current evolution, and I still believe that responsible, rational, intentional use of this substance has the potential to enhance life in many ways for many people with relatively little health risks.
I think it can be fun in low doseages to get the mood lift but higher doses make me too confused to do anything I like (yes I know its a dissociative).
So when I need to lie down and close my eyes for it to be worthwhile I might as well start meditating again without having any health risks.
There was never anything profound for me except something like an effortless meditative state.

Long term this can at least be an addiction like taking stimulants because of the afterglow of the MXE which has to do with the supposed dopamine reuptake inhibition.
So the days after MXE can feel like a very very slow release ritalin.

Last edited:
Edit: the most distressing thing is I really am reminded of cocaine as far as the taste goes. I dont know if its just in my head or what. The fact you see no similarity between the two taste wise worries me.

Sorry to hear this buddy :( I can second the above, mxe does have only the slightest similarity with cocaine & that really is strictly in the stimulation effects department. Does whatever the hell you've been sold bring numbness to the gums or tongue? That would be most unusual ime. Perhaps the vendor has confused mxe with some sorta stimulant such as mpa, eph or some other shit, I dunno Dimethocaine? Who knows?

There is definitely NO similarity whasoever between the flavour of mxe & that of cocaine.

Of course, if you've got yourself a gram of Charlie instead of mxe, well fuck, party time! lol

PS I personally prefer stims over dissacociatives, hell I cant even SPELL dissacociative!

Haha unfortunately its not really coke or mxe apparently. I would have been satisfied with either for the price I paid. I definitely got numbness. That was one of the few pronounced effects I experienced. As far as them mistaking it for something else, it was labeled as methoxetamine - 99% purity. I dont suppose anything could be determined from the appearance? Its a slighty off white powder.

No, nothing can be ascertained from the colour/texture etc I'm afraid. Have you discussed your issues with the vendor? Perhaps a polite query will shed some light? Worth a try, but don't be too confrontational if you can avoid it, just in case it's a genuine mistake. RC vendors who make mistakes should be taken out & shot at dawn in my opinion, but fuck we're all human & none of us is immune to error. Errors that cost lives rather than just money are of course much less forgivable.

The only other option you have is to send the compound for testing by professionals, or buy yourself a full set of Testing Kits & work through the lot, cross-referencing with known results from known compounds. Both these options will cost more money though, & the easy way out is simply to bin the shit, especially if you arent fond of the effects. If you ARE fond of the effects, I'd advise a serious go at IDing the substance before using any more of it.

What do you mean it tastes like coke? When I did sublingual MXE it numbed my mouth to the point of being unable to taste, and a google search showed that a lot of other people reported the same thing. Whether we all got sold some bunk shit is up for debate, but I tripped balls and from my batch so it doesn't seem that likely.

What do you mean it tastes like coke? When I did sublingual MXE it numbed my mouth to the point of being unable to taste, and a google search showed that a lot of other people reported the same thing. Whether we all got sold some bunk shit is up for debate, but I tripped balls and from my batch so it doesn't seem that likely.

What do you mean what do I mean it tastes like coke? I dont know any other way of describing it. When you snort coke and it runs down the back of your throat you can taste it. When you stick your finger in the bag and rub it around your lips you taste it before you go numb. It tastes good.

What do you mean what do I mean it tastes like coke? I dont know any other way of describing it. When you snort coke and it runs down the back of your throat you can taste it. When you stick your finger in the bag and rub it around your lips you taste it before you go numb. It tastes good.

What I meant was, did it make you numb like coke? Or did it just have a certain taste?

If it made you numb you could have had the real thing and maybe you just didn't do enough. First time I did MXE I had to dose 4 times (about 20-25 mg per dose) before it actually felt like it was worth my money. I mean I felt effects after the first dose, but I wasn't trying to get a little head change and mood lift: I wanted to trip balls and that didn't happen until I hit that 4th dose.

And strong it was. I feel like anything less than a strong dose and MXE is just a feel-good drug as opposed to a psychedelic like it is at higher doses.

My standard dose is 30mg sublingual, which I repeat at will. To a lay person I say it thus: "Methoxetamine is like the spirit of wine, not the dullness but the part of it that moves your mind, emotion and fancy. 30mg is about equal to downing a bottle of wine, but without most of the aspects of the drunkenness and toxicity. The spirit of wine is dampened by alcohol's sedative effect, with Methoxcetamine however there is just the spirit of wine, that part of the effect which made Jesus declare wine His blood, and there is nothing holding that spirit down."

And that's more than propaganda, indeed alcohol combines some NMDA antagonism with strong barbituratelike GABA effects. So, alcohol is like taking MXE with Seconal, pharmacologically.

yeah, my mxe tastes like this, i dont really enjoy the effects yet i have to experiment with it more

actually, it tastes likesomething someone would CUT coke with, more chemically

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to attempt to get my tolerance down. It's just about the highest it's ever been and if I keep going I'll probably never be able to get it back down to baseline and I'll break my wallet in the process. I'm going to try and go back to using it once a week. I'm excited to test and push myself to quit giving into dosing so often.

I can't wait to attempt to get my tolerance down. It's just about the highest it's ever been and if I keep going I'll probably never be able to get it back down to baseline and I'll break my wallet in the process. I'm going to try and go back to using it once a week. I'm excited to test and push myself to quit giving into dosing so often.

Read my previous posts from the previous B&D. I went through 6 grams in two weeks in September, along with another 20 grams before that since March. I was a daily user. I quit for a month, exactly 30 days and I used 50mg and even that was a little overwhelming at first.

Tolerance, despite what has been said, surprisingly does not take a very long time to return to baseline. I'd imagine 60 days to be a perfect amount of time to reset your tolerance. Though I'm sure it varies from person to person, as some say dissociative tolerances never return to normal after months of abuse.

Thank you all for the anecdotes describing the MXE experience, I feel not alone <3. Last night I created in my head some of the most awesome and vivid audio and visual hallucinations I can recall. It was like some playful electro-house dubstep IDM rave sound like I've never quite experienced before, complete down to the intricate details of the sound waves and the progression of the music, and there was so much light seen for being in such a dark quiet room. The imagination can really come to life on this stuff, so I would say, about MXE being LSD or DMT-esque in the quality of the experience, definitely a resounding YES! After this trip I got good sleep and had dreams going to a rave, I recall it well, and the reproduction of the music and visual expressions were as equally vivid...
So yeah TL;DR, dissociated music concerts in the mind reach the same level of quality as Lucid dreaming, further blurring the lines...

Read my previous posts from the previous B&D. I went through 6 grams in two weeks in September, along with another 20 grams before that since March. I was a daily user. I quit for a month, exactly 30 days and I used 50mg and even that was a little overwhelming at first.

Tolerance, despite what has been said, surprisingly does not take a very long time to return to baseline. I'd imagine 60 days to be a perfect amount of time to reset your tolerance. Though I'm sure it varies from person to person, as some say dissociative tolerances never return to normal after months of abuse.

Tolerance goes down around 30mg for every week I take off.

Tolerance goes down around 30mg for every week I take off.

Sounds about right. I was doing about 250mg a day, stopped for a month and when I came back 50mg was almost a little overwhelming. Tolerance goes down surprisingly fast with this substance. This is definitely something to take into account when returning from a long break as you don't want to overdo it by accident, we all know what it's like when we do too much - Very confusing and unenjoyable.

What's responsible in the pharmacology of MXE for potentiating opioids/opiates? It's interesting because weed's potentiating MXE while MXE potentiates opioid substances.

Btw, and in agreement with some other people, it's quiet strange how some of MXE's side effects disappear with prolonged use. I mostly take pauses between 2-6 weeks before dosing again, but every time it feels somehow better and more "suitable" than the last time i took it. For example, the first times i took MXE it gave me raised BP, which is absolutely non-existent now. I just feel calm. Perhaps with a single heavy dose this would change, but i mostly ingest MXE in staggered single doses and taking just one big amount isn't recommended IME because it just makes you confused and blurrs the experience. But it can be interesting sometimes to totally loose it, loose touch with reality in such a massive kind of way. But i don't really recommend it at all.

Some days ago i decided to test out DPT, ingested 25mgs intranasally and got effects within minutes, strong effects tbh which weren't just enjoyable. Felt jittery, mentally unstable and so on, but this subsided after perhaps 30 mins. After that i plugged another 30mgs of DPT and got some of it's nicer effects, like the positive ones i had with it's 4-HO-substituted counterpart 4-HO-DPT.

But i felt this isn't what i was looking for, i felt cold, not physically cold but in a mental kind of way, so i decided to add 20mgs of MXE to the mix and this is when it got interesting again. Felt warm, kind of happy, like wrapped in a warm blanket, a blanket wrapped around my mind, my soul.

It wasn't mind blowing but nice, so tbh MXE is my thing - as stupid as this may sound. Mainly serotonin releasing agents always tend to make me feel jittery and mentally unstable in a not-so-nice kind of way (already wrote that in another thread) but MXE is just the total counterpart.

Last edited:
dissociatives are great for psychedelics anxiety imo. and they don't "kill" the trip, they make things even more otherworldly

^ i think i know what vendor you mean, as i also got a MXE sample from them, and yes it looks crystalline, chunky much like the pic you posted but a bit more off white, but the texture is definitely not anything like MXE i had so far, and its been sure over 5 different batches in the last 2 years. a friend of mine once had similar stuff from a chinese vendor, also got sick and threw up, had no MXE effects at all and then had it tested at a lab and it was NOT mxe, rather an unknown substance they had no reference for. i didnt even try it, flushed it away immediately. i hear a lot of this bunk product is circling around these days. shame.

^If you want to know what it is then pay to have it analyzed (do not contact the police regarding your confiscated material, that's just common sense). Ecstasydata.org will test it for a fee.

edit:

Thinking about it now I am 100% certain that what I received wasn't MXE.

You cannot know this based only upon the effects of the compound. There are so many factors that play into the subjective experience of a drug that you can't say anything definitive from just taking it. The only way to know is by chemical analysis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.