• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine / MXE Thread - Part 17 - South-Kansas is going bye-bye

There?s plenty of ilegal substances floating all around.

And MXE is not banned in all countries. It only takes to one individue to custom synth it and make himself filthy rich (and Im not suggesting nothing...;).

Don?t lost the hope. Im sure some toxic avenger will step front and synth it for us. Soon

You kidding me? If there was no demand, people wouldn't pay shit tons of money for pre-ban MXE whenever it becomes available. If someone synthed and started selling MXE again, they'd sell it all, guaranteed. People fucking love MXE because it's amazing. I mean yeah, it never went mainstream, but you'd be surprised at the number of random people I encountered who had tried and loved MXE, who weren't into the RC world, back when it was readily and cheaply available. Not to mention the hordes of people online who know about these things and pine away for the day when it becomes available again.

Yeah lol if that were the case there wouldn't be thousands of people on this very board constantly looking for chems to replace MXE since it disappeared. Hell it even has its own category on some DN sites.

Maybe we're all being too patient though, we could always make some more noise - bring back the roflcopter!!

You kidding me? If there was no demand, people wouldn't pay shit tons of money for pre-ban MXE whenever it becomes available. If someone synthed and started selling MXE again, they'd sell it all, guaranteed. People fucking love MXE because it's amazing. I mean yeah, it never went mainstream, but you'd be surprised at the number of random people I encountered who had tried and loved MXE, who weren't into the RC world, back when it was readily and cheaply available. Not to mention the hordes of people online who know about these things and pine away for the day when it becomes available again.

^ this

MXE is the cat's pyjamas :)

Only online people demand It... Interacting with drug focused message boards has probably given all of us a distorted view of how popular MXE was.

Hope to see MXE again...

^ there's truth to that, but i think the global demand was considerable. I mean, it was mainstream enough to get scheduled pretty quickly across the western world.
And y'know, 3-meo-pcp still is still kickin' around, and that's an obvious pcp analogue with the scary connotations for some people with that one in public perception.
I'm kinda surprised it's still being actively made and sold.

We know that there's a shitload of interest amongst drug nerds - moreso probably than mephedrone, perhaps, because of the nature of mxe, being kind of unique in the sense that it's not just hedonism - there's plenty to say about it online, so perhaps that does distort it a bit.

I guess lots of meph users use mdma or coke or whatever in its place, whereas mxe enthusiasts are maybe more likely to post about it.
But i still think there's a demand there, especially as it has become so rare.

Last edited:
One person I was talking to about MXE's disappearance speculated that big pharma gained interest in the drug and is trying to develop it into a commercial drug to treat depression. No evidence to support that claim. It is kinda rare for a drug to come to market first as an RC and then as a pharma drug (I can't think of any examples) and the speculation is that pharma is systematically trying to shut down the manufacture of this RC so that they can make it themselves. Sounds a bit far fetched to me but who knows. I'm still really perplexed by it disappearance and would love to understand if there is a simpler reason, like one of the precursors is heavily controlled or there aren't enough skilled clandestine chemists to make this, etc, etc. One day someones going to tell the full story behind this I hope.

I always wonder because for a good while, MXE was cheap as hell. I figure it couldn't be that difficult to synth. It's quite mysterious to me. Perhaps it's a precursor issue. Strange though, as it's not even illegal in the USA.

One person I was talking to about MXE's disappearance speculated that big pharma gained interest in the drug and is trying to develop it into a commercial drug to treat depression.

Sounds quite unlikely. If anything, big pharma would be more interested in marketing Ketamine first, as it has a longer history of human use and study. I don't see any major pharmaceutical taking some semi-obscure RC with an already track history of abuse and addiction potential into the expensive and long clinical trials that precede a drug's appearance on the market.

I think the only reason it disappeared is because it's now illegal in China and the EU, that are apparently the only places where someone has put together a lab for large scale production of RCs. I figure anyone attempting to do that in the US would have the DEA reaching for their ass immediately. And maybe in other places like south america or africa or whatever; It would be harder to gather the material/human capital. Not to mention the difficulty in obtaining the precursors (At least here in South America - I work in a lab and getting reagents sometimes takes more than a month... we don't really have a big chemical industry here so most of the reactants are imported. I figure if one started to import big amounts of ACHAs precursors it would be a major red flag for drug enforcement... even if one would be manufacturing the "legal" ones such as MXe (Wow, big parenthesis!)).

There were some people, when MXE first starting getting scarce, that would say " Don't worry, if its illegal in China, India will surely pick up". But that never really happened. I have never heard of RCs comming from India actually. Given that there's no grey-market chem industry there yet, I guess it would take someone from China or even Europe, who is already or has been in the business, to move over there, get familiar with the local laws regarding that, and start getting a lab together before we can see Indian MXE or Indian RCs in general. But all that sounds unlikely, specially if you consider that the only places where MXE is still "legal" is *some* states in North America, I guess a few countries in South America, and probably most of Africa and some of Asia. So there's not really such a huge economical incentive for going through all the trouble.

Maybe if sometime someone puts a lab together for manufacturing ACHAs in the US it would be possible to see MXE again. But I have little hope for the future of this chem.

Has MXE been patented?
I mean, ketamine's patent would be long expired. Therefore i doubt here us much interest mass-marketing ketamine more than it already is (it is used extensively in medicine already).

It's illegal in China where they make it so unless they start making it in the EU where in the few spots where it's not illegal there it's not going to be remade.
Why things like dck and lysergamines are disappearing is of more concern to me. I still have a bag of white tannish colored mxc from 2012 I think I might sniff a line or two today I never really got into it that much never liked it all that much. (Don't care for dissos) and maybe I'll dig into that bag of 5-APB that I thought sucked back in the day,( I think I just dose too low)
Always save a gram or a few tabs of every rc you get you never know when or if you will research it again ;)

The legal framework definitely explains the drop in availability, but I still can't comprehend a complete disappearance. There's enough demand for clandestine labs to pick it up for sure. On the East coast of the US there are plenty of clandestine labs still producing PCP, it should be a relatively simple change to produce MXE instead. But maybe it's there that the community divide causes a problem - those producers probably aren't big into the RC scene in general

All I can really conclude is that if we want this to have any chance of reappearing we have to create as much of a buzz around it as possible to demonstrate the strength of the demand to potential suppliers

^Have you seen that hamilton morris film on Vice that claims most of the PCP in the US comes from a single source or co-op?

Bit off-topic perhaps, but an interesting aside. I have no idea if its true.

^ Funny you should bring that up. I just watched that yesterday. :) Timothy Wyllie seemed like such a cool dude. I'm pretty sure his sand dollar hypothesis is complete nonsense, but still... it made me think for a sec. :D Sad he's no longer with us.

^^Hmm no I had not heard of that. I could believe it I suppose, but if they're indeed so organized that would make it all the more strange they haven't ventured into MXE production as well

Worth a watch if you haven't seen it. I'm a fan.
Best to be sceptical of tall tales about matters of illicit drug manufacture i reckon.

Still waiting for this one to return. First person to get a new synthesis on the market will be an overnight millionaire.

The greatest drug to ever exist. No competition, no debate. Hands down the most sublime experience I've ever felt. Not interested in the millions of 'MXE replacement' chems that get announced and hyped each week. Accept no substitutions.