View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine / MXE Thread - Holey Shit no. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't say that there won't be synergy, but personally I wouldn't count on it. It's not thatttt different, and it is the same drug ;) but it's certainly possible and something that shouldn't be counted out without experimentation.

Yea 25mg plugged of any batch remotely good is going to have you pretty goddamn high. 13mg plugged reallyyyy surprised me the other day, and I've been using MXE off and on for two years now, three or four batches, all pretty good.

Also, I don't agree with magickalkat with oral being short. Oral and rectal seem to have a pretty similar duration, although I haven't gone far enough out rectally to get a comparison with oral.

You're lucky you don't have my tolerance one.

And two, I said that it was MY chemistry chewing the shit up and spitting it out fast when I eat it, sub it, or snort it. Plugging works just fine so I'll stick with that but it would be nice to have a quarter of the tolerance that I do.

How long do you guys usually wait between uses to make sure you don't get that bastard tolerance?

I had one incredible experience with it and the rest have been lacking except when I mixed the yellow with some 4-HO-MET and alcohol.

Last edited:
I find that there's a fine line between enough to feel good and too much, meaning you're not feeling good because you're disturbed by the fact that reality is distorted to a high degree. I don't actually weigh doses. I pour some out on a mirror until I get a line about an inch and a half long, snort half the line up each nostril. I then lay down and a significant amount flows down the back of my throat. I think much of the dose ends up being oral that way. Now the thing is, that line won't actually be enough to get me very high, but it's as much as I want to snort at one time. So then I hit the hash oil (which you can't actually find for sale anywhere but which I made myself from some Mazar-i-Sharif hash which I found too harsh to tolerate in hash form) and a little while later, once the first dose has absorbed, it's time for the second dose. I then take another line about half as big as the first one and that usually does it. I'll hit another small line like that a couple hours later as a booster dose. I also smoke more hash oil at intervals. It really seems to potentiate the MXE.

My problem last time was that I made the second dose a full line and then the booster dose a full line again. The full line booster dose was a big mistake. That put me over the top into full psychedelic reality distortion. I don't know what the M-hole is about but I know that I definitely would not want to get higher than that. It had good points but it got scary a few times. People on TV had no noses and mouths, just a blank area that looked something like a surgical mask but flesh color and actually part of their face. It wasn't just a science fiction show either because when I changed the channel other people had the same condition. It was pretty freaky. One channel had a news show with a text bar at the bottom and the writing on it was some weird foreign language, only I don't HAVE any foreign language channels on my cable. I also ate an apple and it seemed synthetic. It was too perfect to be a real apple and it was kind of sparkly, like some kind of synthetic matter. It also felt weird chewing it. Anyway, you get the idea.

It sounds like your problem jason7 is trying to stay in this world while on high doses. MXE is IME a drug I don't go any farther than "I feel fairly high" with unless I'm laying down with my eyes closed and good music is playing either in headphones or a system with a subwoofer.

It's just too disorienting to be enjoyable with your eyes open, unlike psychedelics of course. External stimuli gets to be too much. The hole is about laying down, eyes closed, and flying through the universe, thinking about anything and everything.

EDIT: Bass and sub-bass is a serious soul massage while on high doses. Like serious.

Yeah jason, when I take high doses of MXE it's always uncomfortable unless I lay down and close my eyes, then it's amazing and comfortable. Hole-type dosages require eyes closed and laying down. And music helps tremendously in going deep.

As far as time between dosages... a week or more. It's always better to give more than a week between dosages of dissos or psychedelics, but a week is minimum. You can get away with more often occasionally, like maybe there is a special occasion and you want to do it twice in a weekend or something. But more than once a week regularly and tolerance will form quickly, and take a long time to go away. I was using it at moderate dosages for social reasons a few times a week for about a month and a half pretty recently (when my friends and I got 7 grams between us) and I have noticed tolerance ever since then, I am not having the same level of effect and especially not the same level of magic as I was. I've got about 100mg left and after that it will be a while before I get more. It's already been a few weeks since I stopped my excessive dosing regimen so that 100mg will probably last me til around Christmas, as I haven't been doing it much lately.

Its so hard to put the stuff away.... I think I need to add MXE to my calendar because I crave it constantly so that way I make sure I'm not taking it more than once a month...

And... That's exactly what I did. Every 4th Saturday.

Last edited:
Yeah jason, when I take high doses of MXE it's always uncomfortable unless I lay down and close my eyes, then it's amazing and comfortable. Hole-type dosages require eyes closed and laying down. And music helps tremendously in going deep.

As far as time between dosages... a week or more. It's always better to give more than a week between dosages of dissos or psychedelics, but a week is minimum. You can get away with more often occasionally, like maybe there is a special occasion and you want to do it twice in a weekend or something. But more than once a week regularly and tolerance will form quickly, and take a long time to go away. I was using it at moderate dosages for social reasons a few times a week for about a month and a half pretty recently (when my friends and I got 7 grams between us) and I have noticed tolerance ever since then, I am not having the same level of effect and especially not the same level of magic as I was. I've got about 100mg left and after that it will be a while before I get more. It's already been a few weeks since I stopped my excessive dosing regimen so that 100mg will probably last me til around Christmas, as I haven't been doing it much lately.

I hadn't actually tried closing my eyes for any length of time on MXE. I'll try that next time. I don't have any urge to do it more than once a week or two now. It already doesn't feel as good as the first couple times anyway. The first time you get a medium intensity MXE high is something really special though.

Yeah, my best times in general were actually my early times but not my first times... except the very first time, at a party, with no idea what to expect... probably 20mg. It was really awesome, otherworldly, connected... beautiful. :) Then after that the next few times were pretty weird and unpleasant, and at some point I "broke through" and had another magical experience, and it's been like that since every time, though it's less intensely so now than it used to be because I was using it too often for a little while.

Here's an interesting post on the Shroomery about "The Hole". The guy met God in there. The similarity to NDEs is remarkable. Does it mean that what happened in the Hole is real or does it mean that what happens in NDEs is a trick of the mind? I'd have to think the former, because people do get information in NDEs that turns out to be true, sometimes predictions that come true, stuff like that.

Last edited:
I don't know what holing is like. I was fully conscious of my surroundings and everything, but it felt like I couldn't hold reality together so that everything made sense. I've had the same feeling on shrooms and salvia. I become frightened that I will stay that way forever and will never be able to get back to the way things were before. But yes, as Xorkoth said, I always do eventually get back to the way it was before. In fact, by now I should be able to have confidence that I will get back to reality every time it happens but still, when it's actually taking place I always manage to think that this time is the time when I really screwed up the universe for eternity because I took a weird chemical.

The scariest part is when I think I am realizing that the universe can't really exist. It's not really possible. I realize that the universe is really just me. There are no other real people or anything. It's just me and what I did was somehow create the universe by a trick. I managed to trick myself into creating the entire universe by getting myself to temporarily believe that it's possible. As long as I can trick myself into forgetting that's it's impossible for anything to exist, as logically you must all agree (because how can something come from nothing, right?), the universe can exist. But if ever I become conscious of the fact that the universe, my life and everything I am aware of, is not actually possible then the whole thing will collapse and it will go back to eternal nothingness. That's what brings on the extreme panic, the feeling that I'm getting close to remembering that it's all just a trick and nothing really exists. If I ever get all the way to no longer being fooled by my own trick, that will be the end of everything that ever existed or ever will exist. So far the trick is still working, but for how long?

The fact that the universe exists right now shows that I succeeded in formulating a complicated enough trick that it's still holding together. That was the greatest accomplishment I ever made, I figured out a way to make the universe exist even though in reality it's impossible. I made a trick so incredibly convoluted that I haven't been able to remember what it was yet, which thereby allows it to continue to work. I had to make it so complicated that I myself could never figure it out. Think how hard that would be. I also get the feeling that I created the universe numerous times before but all those times I hadn't made the trick complicated enough therefore they all collapsed and I had to start all over again, making it more and more complicated every time. That's why the universe seems so complex right now, with the galaxies going on and on seemingly without end, because this is the most complicated version yet. I made this one so complex that it will take a real long time for it to collapse due to the trick eventually failing to convince me that the universe is real. Maybe this one will actually work permanently. Maybe I made it so perfect this time that I will never fail to believe that the universe is real again and therefore it will never collapse.

holy fuck are you me or am I you?

uhhhh its kind of scary how close this is to something I have experienced seemingly many times before.

I smoked dmt for the first time a few days ago on the tail end of a ~100mg dpt/mxe trip spaced out over the night. It was like I was instantly transported to a realizaition/place I have been many times before and want so terribly to forget exist. The most absolute horror I can ever imagine. Like if I had a pistol next to me I would have shot myself to end it, but in actuality nothing would have ended and nothing would have changed. That was the terrifying part.

I felt like I am God, and the truth of it is God is just insane and made all this shit that we call reality up to distract from the fact that in actuality there is nothing and no way of ending the nothingness. It will go on forever and ever.

It's hard to explain, but like withing 5 seconds of hitting the DMT (coke bottle/foil vape. had 50mg but I think I only got about 30 or 40, but all at once) I was like "oh NO not this again I fucking broke reality and remember what I keep trying to forget like an idiot(which I get the impression I have done many many times... its like the secret of life we are trying to find is actually exactly what we DO NOT want to know)"... I was sitting meditating, and immediatly got up to grab a dropper of etiz solution and felt an entity push me back and basically say "sit with it". That lasted maybe a minute until I flipped out and took maybe 10-20mg etiz (knowing it would do nothing before the dmt faded....) and lay in bed begging to "forget" again" The more I type the closer I feel to remembering and that is literally the most terrifying thing imaginable.

annnnnddddd I wanted to smoke more like 10 minutes after it faded. what in the fuck is that?

I think I would kill myself if I thought it would make any difference. I think that is the most fucked up part, the realization that there is nothing, no one, just an insane God creating itself into everything to distract from the nothingness, but it always fails in the end.

on the complete flip side I have experienced the full on body filled with light, pulsing love oneness "god/spiritual" trip as well. so I don't know. That fear was the most intense real thing, it should scare me off psychedelics forever, but it hasn't and probably won't until I am dead of incarcerated for the rest of my life... oh well.

25mg plugged.

You don't want to start too high with dissociatives because your first dose could well end up being your permanent tolerance to them. 25mg will have you on your ass if you plug it and have never touched a drug in the family.

After doing rectal today I can't honestly suggest any other way... I've snorted it and eaten it... Its not the same... Snorting it works but is the same dose as oral and is short, oral for me seems to be very short while plugged gets me a lot of mileage. Never again any other way unless I decide to try IM for the first time.

welcome to the club. how did you make it so many years never plugging? lol

welcome to the club. how did you make it so many years never plugging? lol

Never had the right syringe... I tried plugging a few times but I used way too much fluid... These 1mL syringes I bought for dosing PG solutions of benzos are perfect. No pain, everything BUT benzos dissolves easily in water and what doesn't just goes in as grains that get absorbed anyway... Now I gotta get an enema ball so I can keep doing this. Bout to do 5mg of 4-HO-MET that route... Not expecting much but with 4-HO-MET I'm sensitive as hell... Looking forward to it.

BTW anyone else notice mild vasoconstriction from MXE? It wasn't until I passed the 150mg in 24 hour mark (bear in mind my tolerance that 100mg plugged comes close to holing me and 100mg oral just is a ++) but it seemed mildly constricting.

It could just be me though. I'm used to bug veins... But since I stopped smoking they are always small. Guess I can't use that as a reliable measure of constriction anymore.

Never had the right syringe... I tried plugging a few times but I used way too much fluid... These 1mL syringes I bought for dosing PG solutions of benzos are perfect. No pain, everything BUT benzos dissolves easily in water and what doesn't just goes in as grains that get absorbed anyway... Now I gotta get an enema ball so I can keep doing this. Bout to do 5mg of 4-HO-MET that route... Not expecting much but with 4-HO-MET I'm sensitive as hell... Looking forward to it.

BTW anyone else notice mild vasoconstriction from MXE? It wasn't until I passed the 150mg in 24 hour mark (bear in mind my tolerance that 100mg plugged comes close to holing me and 100mg oral just is a ++) but it seemed mildly constricting.

It could just be me though. I'm used to bug veins... But since I stopped smoking they are always small. Guess I can't use that as a reliable measure of constriction anymore.

I get mild vasoconstriction from MXE too.

It wasn't bad like a stimulant (certainly no mephedrone) but it was there, just wanted to make sure it wasn't me - MXE being a dissociative and all makes it hard to tell if what you're feeling is real.

uhhhh its kind of scary how close this is to something I have experienced seemingly many times before.

I smoked dmt for the first time a few days ago on the tail end of a ~100mg dpt/mxe trip spaced out over the night. It was like I was instantly transported to a realizaition/place I have been many times before and want so terribly to forget exist. The most absolute horror I can ever imagine. Like if I had a pistol next to me I would have shot myself to end it, but in actuality nothing would have ended and nothing would have changed. That was the terrifying part.

I felt like I am God, and the truth of it is God is just insane and made all this shit that we call reality up to distract from the fact that in actuality there is nothing and no way of ending the nothingness. It will go on forever and ever.

It's hard to explain, but like withing 5 seconds of hitting the DMT (coke bottle/foil vape. had 50mg but I think I only got about 30 or 40, but all at once) I was like "oh NO not this again I fucking broke reality and remember what I keep trying to forget like an idiot(which I get the impression I have done many many times... its like the secret of life we are trying to find is actually exactly what we DO NOT want to know)"... I was sitting meditating, and immediatly got up to grab a dropper of etiz solution and felt an entity push me back and basically say "sit with it". That lasted maybe a minute until I flipped out and took maybe 10-20mg etiz (knowing it would do nothing before the dmt faded....) and lay in bed begging to "forget" again" The more I type the closer I feel to remembering and that is literally the most terrifying thing imaginable.

annnnnddddd I wanted to smoke more like 10 minutes after it faded. what in the fuck is that?

I think I would kill myself if I thought it would make any difference. I think that is the most fucked up part, the realization that there is nothing, no one, just an insane God creating itself into everything to distract from the nothingness, but it always fails in the end.

on the complete flip side I have experienced the full on body filled with light, pulsing love oneness "god/spiritual" trip as well. so I don't know. That fear was the most intense real thing, it should scare me off psychedelics forever, but it hasn't and probably won't until I am dead of incarcerated for the rest of my life... oh well.

It sure is scary when you realize that you're creating reality with your thoughts and whatever you think will become real and then you have to try to keep yourself from thinking of anything bad. I get the feeling that literally anything can happen right then and there, that there's no limits on what reality can be, it's entirely fluid. That's why I'm glad that there's a God entity. I can't be trusted not to form a bad reality because of my lack of thought control so it's fortunate that there's an autonimous being that can take care of keeping reality the way it should be and making sure that eternal paradise exists and awaits us.

The God entity is the "trick" that allows the universe to exist forever and not collapse back into nothingness. We don't know how it came into existence but all that matters is that it does exist. We can just relax and trust in the God entity to take care of everything, sort of like an autopilot in a plane. We can just live our nicely limited lives and then take our alotted paradise after the body dies. As long as we end up in eternal paradise that's all that matters. Once you're in eternal paradise that's it, they can never throw you out because it's ETERNAL paradise. A bad trip teaches us that we shouldn't really want to be God. We should just let somebody else be God. It's way too stressful. Better to just float in eternal bliss as a human soul.

Last edited:

I experienced this with 2C-E, it was my most chaotic and psychedelic +4 experience of my life. I had previously determined that "god" (the universal consciousness" is all that exists, and that we are all that experiencing itself subjectively, simultaneously, and that excperience was beautiful, life-affirming and filled with light, but then with 2C-E I went past the oneness into the void... I experienced the dissolution of the universe entirely and then there was only a yawning black void of nothingness where I was a singular point of awareness endlessly falling in the most crushing void of loneliness... I deeply lamented that I had shattered my beautiful illusion which I had created in order to escape this loneliness. Of course it came back... and I was never so grateful to exist in the "ordinary" sense again. I would have been glad to return as someone in the worst imaginable situation because it would have been better than that horrible void of nothingness. I concluded from this that the reason for the material universe (matter/energy and its condensation into the hologram we see today) is simply to escape absolute nothingness. I/We brought it into being in order for there to be something instead of nothing.

I also considered killing myself on the way to this void, hoping it would stop the 2C-E's process before it was too late, because when I neared it I remembered, before it fell away completely.

The "trick" is that we ARE all "god" (but I prefer the term universal consciousness because of the fact that the term "god" is loaded for us), but we're also not god, because we have constrained ourselves dimensionally to create the illusion of separation and individuality.

Personally I have never experienced any amount of vasoconstriction from MXE... I do get it rather easily in general too.

People are affected differently by it, I was just talking about that in a 2C-E thread that someone posted recently. Also of note is that it was just the one time... every other time I've done 2C-E I stayed in the "real world" with insane visuals, deep introspection, etc. This trip was singularly different. I did take piracetam beforehand though I'm not sure it was that or if it was just my time to experience the destruction of the universe.

How long does this stuff stay in your system?

I'd really like to have some real data on this... I have a suspicion that it stays in your system for a long time. The afterglow can sometimes last days if you have no tolerance, and my piss smells different up to 2 days after dosing as well.

I find the duration to be about 5 hours orally... if I take a lot (like a hole-level dose) I will feel a bit off through about 12 hours or so. I never get an afterglow myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.