View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine / MXE Thread - Holey Shit no. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mxe is definitely one of the weirdest drugs I've ever taken, and I got off on just a very low dose last night. Faded in and out of consciousness a bunch, blacked out for part of the experience. Good thing I was in a safe place at the time, at home. Lethargy and a lack of coordination like I've never felt before combined with some very strange and dark thoughts which manifested themselves visually when I closed my eyes. Interesting experience.
That does not sound like MXE lol, although everybody reacts differently. I have some very pure MXE right now and a lowish dose does quite the opposite of what you felt. It provides stimulation, increased coordination of mind and body believe it or not!, and very beautiful thoughts. Either you have a polymorph (a low dose of a polymorph made me feel exactly as you describe), you took more than a low dose (not sure what you were using to measure or what you consider to be low), or what you have is not mxe or a polymorph at all...or maybe that was just how you react to it unfortunately :-(

Are there nootropics and/or supplement stacks that help increase the over all effects AND/OR long term use?
I'm not sure if you are asking if there are stacks that potentiate MXE or you are seeking to reduce tolerance. I found after my last binge that a small dose (40 mg or less) of modafinil combined with a half dose of a product called optimind (l-tyrosine, choline, GABA, taurine, caffeine and some other stuff) was a great counterbalance for my brain. It gave my left-brain a good workout after spending so much time in right-brain territory from the MXE. It may have reduced my tolerance too because I did a couple doses of MXE after only a 5 day break and had really good experiences.
I don't know exactly how pharmacology works, but I could see how NMDA receptor agonists like noopept may decrease tolerance between MXE doses. You don't want to combine them at the same time though, I imagine NMDA agonists combined with NMDA antagonists is a bad idea.

That does not sound like MXE lol, although everybody reacts differently. I have some very pure MXE right now and a lowish dose does quite the opposite of what you felt. It provides stimulation, increased coordination of mind and body believe it or not!, and very beautiful thoughts. Either you have a polymorph (a low dose of a polymorph made me feel exactly as you describe), you took more than a low dose (not sure what you were using to measure or what you consider to be low), or what you have is not mxe or a polymorph at all...or maybe that was just how you react to it unfortunately :-(

I mean yeah, fuck, that shit couldve been anything really. Came from a trusted source though and what I experienced was similar to some of the experience reports I've read on erowid. Wasnt necessarily unpleasant either I'd do it again lol

The wikipedia entry on polymorphism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymorphism_(materials_science)

From an undisclosed knowledgeable source on polymorphism particular to MXE:

"Given that Methoxetamine has been and continues to be produced presumably in Megagram (1,000 Kilogram units) quantities by different facilities around the world over the past two years it does not seem surprising that several polymorphs of Methoxetamine would have been achieved by various production facilities during this time. What is somewhat striking is that, as far as can be ascertained, it has become increasingly apparent that different polymorphs of Methoxetamine may produce certain effects so distinctive from one another that a person experienced with one polymorph of MXE may incorrectly conclude that a different polymorph of MXE is not even Methoxetamine but is some other compound (such as 4-Meo-PCP or N-Ethyl-Ketamine) that has been incorrectly or fraudulently traded as Methoxetamine)."

I mean yeah, fuck, that shit couldve been anything really. Came from a trusted source though and what I experienced was similar to some of the experience reports I've read on erowid. Wasnt necessarily unpleasant either I'd do it again lol

Lol, I've had dark, strange thoughts creep up on me when I started dosing too much and repeatedly. Sometimes I felt like I was going to lose my wits and really had to make an effort to center myself haha. These weren't even hole sized doses lol. It can be a strange compound that is for sure.

But blacking out from a lowish dose just does not sound right my friend.

Last edited:
Do other PD's have polymorphism? I've heard of the different stereoisomers of some compounds having different effects, I'm just getting started with MXE and this is the first I've learned ty

The wikipedia entry on polymorphism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymorphism_(materials_science)

From an undisclosed knowledgeable source on polymorphism particular to MXE:

"Given that Methoxetamine has been and continues to be produced presumably in Megagram (1,000 Kilogram units) quantities by different facilities around the world over the past two years it does not seem surprising that several polymorphs of Methoxetamine would have been achieved by various production facilities during this time. What is somewhat striking is that, as far as can be ascertained, it has become increasingly apparent that different polymorphs of Methoxetamine may produce certain effects so distinctive from one another that a person experienced with one polymorph of MXE may incorrectly conclude that a different polymorph of MXE is not even Methoxetamine but is some other compound (such as 4-Meo-PCP or N-Ethyl-Ketamine) that has been incorrectly or fraudulently traded as Methoxetamine)."

Lol, I've had dark, strange thoughts creep up on me when I started dosing too much and repeatedly. Sometimes I felt like I was going to lose my wits and really had to make an effort to center myself haha. These weren't even hole sized doses lol. It can be a strange compound that is for sure.

But blacking out from a lowish dose just does not sound right my friend.

Yeah it wasn't really a complete blackout, more fragmentary...it was difficult for me to get the correct dosage amounts layed out on my scale.

Either you have a polymorph (a low dose of a polymorph made me feel exactly as you describe), you took more than a low dose (not sure what you were using to measure or what you consider to be low), or what you have is not mxe or a polymorph at all...or maybe that was just how you react to it unfortunately :-(

Raj, I'm not sure why you'd make it sound like a "polymorph" is any different from "pure" MXE, but all polymorph means in terms of MXE or any drug is that it can/does assume many/all the crystal shapes possible for that particular substance.
I do agree, however, that what he had was possibly not MXE, but don't make it sound like a polymorph is somehow inferior to "pure" MXE...you can have a pure polymorph.

The only differences between polymorphs of the same psychoactive substance I can think of is slightly different rates of solubility and therefore absorption when administered as a solid. That could (I would guess mildly) be reflected in pharmacokinetics. If you pre-dissolve it say for injection or nasal spray, any difference should be gone.
I personally think there is a big psychological component, the power of suggestion is big and underestimated to begin with, and when drugs / being under the influence of them are involved it easily runs wild. Some people really obsess about batches, I wouldn't be surprised if it strongly contributes to setting, and therefore factors based on that like setting-based tolerance.

Raj, I'm not sure why you'd make it sound like a "polymorph" is any different from "pure" MXE, but all polymorph means in terms of MXE or any drug is that it can/does assume many/all the crystal shapes possible for that particular substance.
I do agree, however, that what he had was possibly not MXE, but don't make it sound like a polymorph is somehow inferior to "pure" MXE...you can have a pure polymorph.

If polymorphs are observed, what is the default reference form you are thinking of? I'd say they are all polymorphs as in: there are different forms, regardless of purity (although some polymorphs may be seen mostly with specifically pure or impure product because the form depends on crystal lattice imperfections and impurities are a big influence on that (im)perfection.
I wouldn't know what the non-polymorph 'basic / normal' form would be, that description only applies to compounds that always crystallize in the same way.

Isn't DMT also polymorphic? Crystals can 'degenerate' into waxy apparently amorphous stuff iirc without reacting or degrading, and putting that in the freezer may revert it back to crystalline forms. One possibility perhaps is that some of the DMT may oxidize into the N-oxide, and even if it is just a modest part that means the N-oxide molecules are imperfections in the otherwise non-oxidated DMT in the crystals, and at some point I guess the crystal degrades. I would also venture a guess that any other impurities like plant oils, or residue solvent greatly catalyzes this crystal degredation because they allow for fluidity and molecule rearrangement. And this is congruent with my experiences with different extract purities, and what I heard/read from others.

Last edited:
This is where I resort to my controversial theory of vibrational memory. Each polymorph has a different vibrational frequency resonance, and even after they are broken down into individual molecules they retain at least an aspect of that memory. Like a hologram, when a peice of the hologram is broken off, it still retains the information but not as clearly as the whole complete hologram. I understand how it makes sense from a traditional scientific perspective that once the MXE polymorph goes from a solid to a different state it doesn't matter anymore what kind of polymorph it was because it should be all the same molecule at that point, but I believe it is deeper than that.

Sorry for that. In my experience, I have had 2 different confirmed polymorphs of MXE. The first polymorph was wonderful, I thought the effects were fantastic. The 2nd polymorph made me feel really strange. Dark and negative, lethargic and uncoordinated, and this was on a low dose. I dosed the same amount of both. Same environment, same mindset each time. So I came to the conclusion that some polymorphs are "inferior" (different strokes for different folks) to the good old effects of "unpolymorphed" (not sure what you call it lol) MXE.

My knowledge of science and chemistry is basically non-existent. But a source I have gotten MXE from in the past was big on polymorphs. Also, someone whom was familiar with what was marketed as 'regular' mxe tried one of the polymorphs and was utterly disgusted at it lol. He said that wasn't like the mxe he was use to at all!

Did you read this?:

"What is somewhat striking is that, as far as can be ascertained, it has become increasingly apparent that different polymorphs of Methoxetamine may produce certain effects so distinctive from one another that a person experienced with one polymorph of MXE may incorrectly conclude that a different polymorph of MXE is not even Methoxetamine but is some other compound (such as 4-Meo-PCP or N-Ethyl-Ketamine) that has been incorrectly or fraudulently traded as Methoxetamine)."

Last edited:
"What is somewhat striking is that, as far as can be ascertained, it has become increasingly apparent that different polymorphs of Methoxetamine may produce certain effects so distinctive from one another that a person experienced with one polymorph of MXE may incorrectly conclude that a different polymorph of MXE is not even Methoxetamine but is some other compound (such as 4-Meo-PCP or N-Ethyl-Ketamine) that has been incorrectly or fraudulently traded as Methoxetamine)."

Where'd you find that? pm me a link.
Unless, by some chance, a certain crystal structure of MXE were to act differently from another and still be MXE I'd be leery of buying into that thinking.
That said, phosphorous and red phosphorous are both the same identical chemical, but each have a different structure, red phos. is benign and non-toxic whereas white/yellow phos. is highly reactive and extremely toxic...so it could be possible with MXE I suppose.

Perhaps MXE is just a wild beast with many shades, sometimes it purrs and sometimes it bites! It sure as hell is one of the most unpredictable substances I have ever used haha.

There's a thread I just found over on drugs-forum about mxe and polymorphism with people talking some chemistry, https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248011.

It looks like it does not make much sense for a polymorph to have different effects!

Last edited:
Yeah MXE is very unpredictable. It seems to produce a wide variety of effects, and interestingly, every single time I do it with other people we all experience the same "character" each time. Sometimes the dosage required is lower and we all require a lower dosage. Sometimes it's a weird, somewhat uncomfortable experience and we all feel that. We all seem to experience the shifts at the same time. I've said it before, but it almost feels like MXE is a dimension that is always happening externally and by taking MXE, you tap into it.

Last edited:
Yeah MXE is very unpredictable. It seems to produce a wide variety of effects, and interesting, every single time I do it with other people we all experience the same "character" each time. Sometimes the dosage required is lower and we all require a lower dosage. Sometimes it's a weird, somewhat uncomfortable experience and we all feel that. We all seem to experience the shifts at the same time. I've said it before, but it almost feels like MXE is a dimension that is always happening externally and by taking MXE, you tap into it.

I'm a little taken aback by that last part Xorkoth. Wow, I don't think I will be using this daily anymore haha!

That made you not want to take it as often? If I read that I'd want to take it more. :) Though, I would never recommend anyone take MXE even close to daily anyway, it's a bad idea and you'll lose the magic.

Don't feed into that "Pastors" BS.

EU Stock is what you want and the he has two shitty kind of Chinese ALL mixed with other supplements. The ONLY reason I held out hope he was onto something perhaps.

Don't support that church. They guy is bad news and has made the MXE scene more confusing than ever. We know there are better synths. Where did the UK recipe get lost to it?

MXE+Enter the Void= Incredible evening.

Seconded! And I must eagerly refer you to this thread, which I believe should be much more active: movies on dissociatives. On a somewhat related note, I've been very curious lately about how listening to an audiobook would go while under the influence of a strong dose of MXE or another dissociative; perhaps with a small amount of 5-HT2A agonist thrown into the mix to enhance attention and perceived significance. Philosophy or some hard sci-fi seem like good candidates. One would obviously want to screen the auditory stimuli beforehand to avoid any unsettling material. I've had some interesting experiences listening to the album this track is from while under the influence, which I guess you could call sort of a cross between electronic music and an audiobook.

Though, I would never recommend anyone take MXE even close to daily anyway, it's a bad idea and you'll lose the magic.

I agree with this 100% but of course we don't always do what we know to be the right thing. I've been experimenting for the last couple of weeks with small (5-10mg) oral doses of MXE as an anti-depressant and stimulant alternative and haven't lost the magic yet. I still get a small mood boost from my morning dose (ca. 5:00 AM) and an even bigger one from my too-frequent afternoon dose (20mg ca. 2:00 PM), and get quite far out there with my weekends-only large dose (usually anywhere from 80-150mg over the course of an evening depending on ROA and how long the session runs). Anything over 10mg oral in the morning is still nice but gets me more wonky and confused, making work a little difficult. There is a small urge to redose starting around the five or six hour mark but I find it easy to resist with the low level of intoxication.

Make no mistake: I have traded one drug problem for another. However, my months long mild depression from substantial abuse of SRAs and stimulants over the last year seems to have dissipated. During the first week, I experienced some potentiation with stimulants and was able to decrease my functional dose. At the beginning of the second week I went a whole day at work without any stimulant for the first time in months. I was able to keep this up for the remainder of the week (have been stimulant free for over seven days after several months of at least five days a week using). I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, but my own subjective feeling and prior experience with MXE lead me to believe that ending my current regimen in favor of sobriety will be considerably easier than giving up stimulants alone would have been. Yesterday I did not take any MXE until the evening and felt fine most of the day; I was a little irritable at the end of the day but it was probably time for me to go to sleep anyway.

That made you not want to take it as often? If I read that I'd want to take it more. :) Though, I would never recommend anyone take MXE even close to daily anyway, it's a bad idea and you'll lose the magic.
Seconded! And I must eagerly refer you to this thread
I have alot of pressures looking for a better job atm Xorkoth and simply need to be most present in the workplace dimension lol. And thanks for the post MD that is some great stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.