View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine (MXE) Thread - Chapter 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
>I've found many interesting articles on pubmed.
Thanks, I'll try searching, any recommendations for good + not behind a paywall?

>MiHKAL would also be interesting. Can anyone correctly guess what the "M" is for?
Hah, with so many possibilities I'd rather not even try.... I'm sure it's not the obvious methylendedioxys which people like to attach to just about anything and hope it'll be like MDxx :)

LiHKAL (lysergamides... especially new ones not tested so far), BiHKAL (benzofurans... one of my favorites, like them more than MDxx), PiHKAL 2 (Nichols new compounds like tcb-2 and their variations + others that Shulgin didn't test, but should be possible, ...), TiHKAL 2 (normal ones not in TiHKAL, RU-28306 + derivatives, 3-aminomethyl-THBI + derivatives, ...), ... are also things which would be nice to see :D

But I kinda think we're getting off topic here.

>MiHKAL would also be interesting. Can anyone correctly guess what the "M" is for?
Hah, with so many possibilities I'd rather not even try.... I'm sure it's not the obvious methylendedioxys which people like to attach to just about anything and hope it'll be like MDxx :)

Nope, nothing to do with methylendedioxy, MiHKAL would only contain dissociatives (well, some "M"s aren't primarily dissociatives, but there are also tryptamines that aren't psychedelic, yet Shulgin only included psychedelic tryptamines in TiHKAL, so MiHKAL would only be about dissociative "M"s).

>I've found many interesting articles on pubmed.
Thanks, I'll try searching, any recommendations for good + not behind a paywall?

What exactly should they be about? SAR?

I would advise people not to combine weed and mxe. For the first year of researching mxe I was able to combine them together just fine. However, towards the end of my very bad addiction to the stuff, I was finding myself experiencing very bad muscle tremors and shakes when I would smoke on it. Only way to describe it was a cold metallic sensation come over me, followed by a tightening of the legs muscles and chest. It would force me to curl up and almost become immobilized. This proved to be a persistent problem when I would find myself up for 2 - 3 days on mxe, trying to smoke on the come down to get any kind of sleep before heading to work.

Seriously guys, don't take this stuff to the extreme. Coming from a user who has probably ingested close to 150g's in the matter of two years, a daily user for months on end, this stuff just ends badly. Not to mention word around the campfire shows batches are becoming more and more impure and quality is continually decreasing. Just be warned, this stuff is more addicting than heroin!

@WSH
>What exactly should they be about? SAR?
Anything you'd recommend, SAR, metabolism, case reports of overdoses, not picky, just interested in general :)

Morphinans?
That would fit... some are dissociative others aren't, starts with an M....

I was able to taper down on suboxone, quit neurontin, lyrica, phenibut, and have almost eliminated the use of etizolam with 3-4 doseages of MXE at 20-40mg per dose. I have been doing this for over 2 months and have noticed no real side effects and a complete change in my attitude and thinking... for the better. This made me think I had depression causing my pain to be exaserbated although I am not certain of that. I have bad nerve pain from a neck surgery and this chemical allows me to function. I am unaware of the longterm effects so I do not know if I am causing any long term damage. Has anyone else used Methoxetamine with similar success?

Long term negative effects are definitely there. I highly suggest you cease usage or taper down until you feel comfortable without it. From my own personal experience, you may just be replacing one addiction with another and not even realize it yet.

I would advise people not to combine weed and mxe. For the first year of researching mxe I was able to combine them together just fine. However, towards the end of my very bad addiction to the stuff, I was finding myself experiencing very bad muscle tremors and shakes when I would smoke on it. Only way to describe it was a cold metallic sensation come over me, followed by a tightening of the legs muscles and chest. It would force me to curl up and almost become immobilized. This proved to be a persistent problem when I would find myself up for 2 - 3 days on mxe, trying to smoke on the come down to get any kind of sleep before heading to work.

Seriously guys, don't take this stuff to the extreme. Coming from a user who has probably ingested close to 150g's in the matter of two years, a daily user for months on end, this stuff just ends badly. Not to mention word around the campfire shows batches are becoming more and more impure and quality is continually decreasing. Just be warned, this stuff is more addicting than heroin!

I believe what you experienced is the result of heavy abuse while staying awake for multiple days. I think rather than not advising people to smoke while on mxe, you should advise people not to stay up for several days and smoke while abusing mxe.

I believe what you experienced is the result of heavy abuse while staying awake for multiple days. I think rather than not advising people to smoke while on mxe, you should advise people not to stay up for several days and smoke while abusing mxe.

I would agree with you, however this happened every time, not just when I'd be up for days. I simply stated that as an example of why I'd smoke on it. We all know it has long lasting stimulating-like effects physically, I'd simply smoke to try and help calm my body to get some sleep. Certainly didn't help. Regardless of whether or not I slept.

My roommate and I tested out MXE for the first time last night....

All I have to say is WOW! I've never experienced anything quite like that!

My roommate and I had some of the most personal and connecting of conversations, and the platonic love between us was the strongest I've ever felt it since our LSD days our freshmen year. We each did about 45 mg give or take, taking ~15mg lines every 30-45 minutes. I honestly think we went a little too far, I felt great after two lines, but when we did the last line I could barely walk, and after a while I began feeling queasy all the way till I slept 3 hours later. We also added weed to the combo, that could have made me feel sick, as it has when used with alcohol of late.

The tail end of the experience was quite nauseating though, I had double vision and everything kept spinning. Next time I think I'll do around 35mg or 30mg, and see how it goes. All in all though, amazing substance! The bliss I experienced was the strongest I've felt since my earlier acid trips! This is something I'm gonna have to stay my hand on, and keep to the weekends; it just felt too damn good!

I would agree with you, however this happened every time, not just when I'd be up for days. I simply stated that as an example of why I'd smoke on it. We all know it has long lasting stimulating-like effects physically, I'd simply smoke to try and help calm my body to get some sleep. Certainly didn't help. Regardless of whether or not I slept.

Ah, ok. Still, I know that people react to weed very differently, and I have never experienced any of what you're describing, and I don't believe anyone else in these threads have. At least not to my knowledge. I understand that because of your experiences, it's natural for you to advise against smoking while on mxe, but the thing is that if we all gave advise based on our personal and almost unique reactions to weed and another drugs, no one would be doing any drugs whatsoever. Do you understand what I'm getting at? If the vast majority of people have good experiences with smoking while on mxe, it wouldn't make too much sense to advise against it based on a reaction that only one person has had out a thousand people, especially not when it's seemingly not a life threatening reaction or anything like that.

Long term negative effects are definitely there. I highly suggest you cease usage or taper down until you feel comfortable without it. From my own personal experience, you may just be replacing one addiction with another and not even realize it yet.

What are the long term negative effects?
How long has it been since you've stopped using?

I have bad nerve pain from a neck surgery and this chemical allows me to function.

the suboxone you are still taking is key though. the MXE makes it much much stronger and better for pain relief, but without the sub you would still probably feel pain with ONLY mxe

What are the long term negative effects?
How long has it been since you've stopped using?

Short term damage is obviously kidney damage and acute to moderate bladder inflammation with heavy usage. I couldn't tell you the long term damage but it's been a good 4 months since I've used it, before that it was on and off for a month or two and before that 6 month period I was still using somewhat regularly. I've really tapered off this past year but I definitely notice damage done.

Strictly nasal administration, my nose is definitely slightly damaged. Any time I snort anything now it goes straight to the back of my throat and sometimes into my lungs. Also, for over a year now I've experienced odd chest sensations and pains here and there that I am now convinced is unknown damage to my right lung from so much intake of drugs nasally.

As for the mxe directly, I experience occasional odd feelings in my kidneys and bladder, however nothing debilitating or hospital worthy. I'm still in okay shape for my age, I watch what I eat and I get average to moderately good exercise throughout the week.

The drug itself is very moreish though and along with any type of use usually comes addiction and constant redosing. Who knows the negative long term damage it causes. It's shown to give cerebellum toxicity during high doses (300+mg) so who knows what near every day use can cause. In my many experiences, it often seems to increase circulatory system stimulation long after the peak, often resulting in a manic heart beat that is difficult to notice due to the dissociative effects to the body it causes.

Does anyone here get nauseous from MXE? I felt pretty queasy and dizzy on my first experience two days ago (but I also smoked some weed).

I'm thinking about doing MXE again next weekend, would two weekends in a row be a bad idea? Without weed this time, I decided to temporarily quit the day after my MXE experience.

> Does anyone here get nauseous from MXE? I felt pretty queasy and dizzy on my first experience two days ago (but I also smoked some weed).
I never had any nausea but I've not tried it with weed.

> The drug itself is very moreish
It wasn't for me, but then neither was MDPV so I am probably not the best person to judge that.

I do not coinsider myself clean because I still do use MXE, suboxone, and etizolam.

i'm telling you, the mxe takes that suboxone sooo much farther than the subs can normally go. try going cold turkey on the subs though and continue with mxe....you won't be able to eliminate subs without resurgence of pain or withdrawal

I too find that MXE, while it works in a different way, has the same effect of reducing the type of pain that lyrica works on. I too am on suboxone and I feel I could taper easily whenever I have MXE.

I have a couple questions for you suboxone421- how long have you been on this regimen, and do you give yourself tolerance breaks, or do you just roll with it and take about the same amount every day? If you take tolerance breaks do you go back on Lyrica etc. during that time? I was cycling MXE/Lyrica/opiates for years to good effect. Now I feel stabilized on sub/lyrica and use MXE only sparingly, an average of 3 days every 2 weeks. However, I am interested in trying a longer-term maintenance regimen to both taper suboxone and get off Lyrica for at least awhile.

Last edited:
Dude you are FINE. I'm nearly certain the body load of 3 little grams of MXE isn't near as much as the body load of all those other meds you were taking without MXE. You did 3 grams in 2 months, for perspective some people do 3 grams in a week, and as long as they don't sustain that amount of use, those people are doing OK. If you are not doing phenibut, lyrica and neurontin and have strongly tapered suboxone, don't worry about the likely small load incurred by MXE.

What you have said about tolerance is the same thing I've noticed, and it's quite interesting. It's not possible to use it regularly and continually get psychedelic effects, but the pain relief and mood boost aspects remain even after dosing daily for weeks at a time. I hope it keeps working for you! As for long term dangers, no one can really say for sure what effects it might have years down the road.

In one proper research published, mice were given the equivalent of 3 grams intravenously per day for 3 months straight and they incurred significant liver/kidney damage. In my opinion, you're relatively safe if you keep it to 1/10 of that amount, especially if you're not taxing your body with other drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.