View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine (MXE) Thread - Chapter 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had my second MXE experience last Friday, taking roughly 30-35mg nasally. My first time, I did 45mg with my friend, but the second time I did it alone, and it was actually much more powerful at that dose. I feel like even at 30mg, it was extremely strong for me.

I have two questions now:

-Is it relatively safe to use it simply once per week for a while? I've enjoyed the experiences quite a lot and want to go in again next weekend, but I'm worried that 3 weekends in a row and potentially more would somehow get problematic.

-30mg was strong, but I don't think I got anywhere near the M-hole; at what doses have y'all "holed"? I'd like to experience it, but to be honest I feel like 30-45mg nasally is so strong, I wouldn't know where to go up from there.

Last edited:
^ im liking your user name.. have you got a 240sx? would love to buy one and have a mess around drifting

Actually, no unfortunately. I had one 3 years ago, but I wrecked it and totaled it. I really enjoyed it while I had it though, it was an s13 hatch base model with an sr20det swap.

But this is off topic hah.

So I had my second MXE experience last Friday, taking roughly 30-35mg nasally. My first time, I did 45mg with my friend, but the second time I did it alone, and it was actually much more powerful at that dose. I feel like even at 30mg, it was extremely strong for me.

I have two questions now:

-Is it relatively safe use it simply once per week for a while? I've enjoyed the experiences quite a lot and want to go in again next weekend, but I'm worried that 3 weekends in a row and potentially more would somehow get problematic.

-30mg was strong, but I don't think I got anywhere near the M-hole; at what doses have y'all "holed"? I'd like to experience it, but to be honest I feel like 30-45mg nasally is so strong, I wouldn't know where to go up from there.

I would go for 60mg. Honestly snorting it doesn't seem to produce as strong of a dissociative effect as oral even, I haven't ever gotten too deep with snorting. The time I had my most spectacular hole experience, I ate ~40mg and then 45 minutes later I took 20mg rectally, I went about as far out as I ever have on anything, it was super psychedelic, if I hadn't had a oneness experience before it would have been a +4, but, you know, I already knew that was there. Still an amazing experience.

I would go for 60mg. Honestly snorting it doesn't seem to produce as strong of a dissociative effect as oral even, I haven't ever gotten too deep with snorting. The time I had my most spectacular hole experience, I ate ~40mg and then 45 minutes later I took 20mg rectally, I went about as far out as I ever have on anything, it was super psychedelic, if I hadn't had a oneness experience before it would have been a +4, but, you know, I already knew that was there. Still an amazing experience.

I have stupidly been going for around 70mg to 100mg or more, snorted. It has created real messes in my life with friends and family having to take care of me until I came round. They have affectionately or perhaps insultingly dubbed it 'Stephen Hawkings' powder. They really want me to stay off it. Trouble is, I like it a lot, more than K now in many ways. But is does take time to come up. Perhaps I should try next batch orally or rectally? I really want to avoid turning into a moron in public though! ;-)

Would those well versed in both dissociatives and phychedelics say that the lack of anxiety from disso's compared to psychs is what makes them seemingly more abuseable/moreish? This is simply based off my reading of blue light. May not be the case or a different reason entirely. Down to the individual...etc.

Would those well versed in both dissociatives and phychedelics say that the lack of anxiety from disso's compared to psychs is what makes them seemingly more abuseable/moreish? This is simply based off my reading of blue light. May not be the case or a different reason entirely. Down to the individual...etc.

There is a definite relaxation and feeling of not being quite there that can make them appealing who find the full exposure to the realities of your mind and the world on conventional psychedelics challenging. That's certainly why I ended up with a k habit after doing too much LSD. But I find using them too much can leave you dangerously dissociated from reality, to the point where psychosis of one sort or another isn't far away. They should be treated with respect, and done occasionally. All classes of psychedelic drugs can function as medicines if we choose to view the that way. They are super-powerful tools for helping us help ourselves. If we are ready to use them. Hope that helps. That includes dissociatives, but they have more of an addictive potential as you say because of their numbing effect. So you just need to be more careful and be aware when things might be getting out of control.

If there's any one difference between the effects of the two drug classes that makes dissociatives more prone to abuse it's probably that they're far more convenient to use for escape. One can use dissociatives while depressed, tired, or uneasy and be diverted into a fantasy land, whereas using a 5HT psychedelic in such states usually risks enhancing negative emotions and bringing about psychological confrontations. Dissociatives' anesthetic properties block sensory signals, and thereby aid in the building of emotional cocoons. In this way they're like opiates, and in fact do reportedly kill pain on a physical level as well, just in a more generalized and indirect way than opiates. And of course pure escapism is among the worst reasons to use any drug, albeit probably the number one reason serious recreational drugs of any kind are used.

I have stupidly been going for around 70mg to 100mg or more, snorted. It has created real messes in my life with friends and family having to take care of me until I came round. They have affectionately or perhaps insultingly dubbed it 'Stephen Hawkings' powder. They really want me to stay off it. Trouble is, I like it a lot, more than K now in many ways. But is does take time to come up. Perhaps I should try next batch orally or rectally? I really want to avoid turning into a moron in public though! ;-)

It's better orally than nasally, honestly. Rectally it hits like a hammer, a soft hammer, it's much more intense that way. Orally is more psychedelic than nasal I would say. The dosage is the same or less. Also it kicks in very fast orally, almost as fast as nasally, and food in the stomach does not seem to matter.

Be careful man. :) Those are some high doses.

Any of y'all ever take MXE shortly after a few drinks? I had some Irish Cream and two unfiltered beers and a huge thai curry/rice meal, and now I'm wanting to do a light dose of MXE. Would there be any possible negative reactions between the booze and MXE? I plan to wait till I digest some of it, but would there be any blatant issues with this?

It's better orally than nasally, honestly. Rectally it hits like a hammer, a soft hammer, it's much more intense that way. Orally is more psychedelic than nasal I would say. The dosage is the same or less. Also it kicks in very fast orally, almost as fast as nasally, and food in the stomach does not seem to matter.

Yeah I once did 150mg or so.. that was not fun lol be careful kids! :)

I find MXE and alcohol to mix quite well actually. On Saturday I did ~80-90mg of MXE (I lost count) over the night and after the initial come-up I had a beer, which eventually turned into 5 or 6 or 7. At the end of the night I was quite drunk. The whole thing was super fun and I never had a hint of anything negative or sketchy feeling.

Okay just checking. I usually drink a lot on the come-down of LSD and enjoy it, but I was worried since I know less about MXE. I know that on 2C-C I don't enjoy adding beer, it just makes my head hurt, and that with too much pot booze gives me the spins. Thanks for the quick reply Xorkoth!

No problem. :) I dislike alcohol with most psychedelics but I really enjoy it on the tail end of DOC. On Saturday I also had DOC in the morning so I had a DOC base-coat, so to speak, for the MXE and alcohol. Still, I've drank on MXE before without DOC and it was fine, though I didn't enjoy it as much and kept it to two beers simply because in general I don't like alcohol that much.

MXE and alcohol can definitely work pretty well together, you just really need to be conscious of the balance you're keeping between the two. Low dose bumps over the span of an evening coupled with a few nice glasses of wine and/or beer can be pretty damn blissful. Just gotta remember to stay hydrated with some water here and there.

On the other hand, deciding to blast a huge line at the tail end of a drinking session could easily send you straight into praying to the porcelain god.

Man this substance causes some whacky things with sound. It feels like there's a constant choppy echo-ey effect like inhaling a balloon of nitrous

MXE + a few beers + ganja = bliss

But u got to have some alcohol and cannabis tolerance at least. And don't expect to be very functional :D

That's definitely the way I am going to go 30 - 50mg orally, less plugged. See what difference it makes.

My favorite way to take MXE recreationally is in divided doses, like 30mg, then 30-45 minutes later, another 20-30, and more in similar timeframes if you desire. Unless I'm trying to go for a hole, then I take it all at once.

My favorite way to take MXE recreationally is in divided doses, like 30mg, then 30-45 minutes later, another 20-30, and more in similar timeframes if you desire. Unless I'm trying to go for a hole, then I take it all at once.

Same. Pretty much always guarantees a smooth ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.