View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Medication/Supplement Interaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I will let her taste 2c-b-fly since it isn't that damn long. I used zoloft for a good while and it got me really fat and I totally lost my sex drive. She is pretty frail I might not let her do it at all. I haven't decided yet. She has alot of family issues and her mother is a POS. I don't want her to look at her internal mirror and freak the fuck out

Do not just stop taking an SSRI, it does cause very severe withdrawals, and I personally know of more than one person that attempted suicide when they stopped taking their SSRI cold turkey.

To get off an SSRI one needs to gradually step down the dosage.

1 week off she'd be in W/D's severity depending on how high her dosage is of Zoloft. Bad Idea.

As with any experimental chemical- it's best to use wisely or not at all. If your concerned about any negative interactions with zoloft and DOC then it's best to do some other psychedelic together that's known safe to do w/ zoloft.

dude if you're going to give a frail female with issues DOC or 2cb-fly you're asking for one hell of a wild ride. Those kinds of chicks can be intense if they get the breakthrough dose, and if its gonna last 18 hours, or going to be absolutely crazy like 2cb-fly, you are really asking for a wild fucking ride.

Of course, she may not break through and just have a fun drug time... Good luck with that shit, man.

Bullet point *NO. More info below.

The latest research into the (presumed) mechanism(s) underlying the efficacy of ant-depressants, seems to indicate a role for P11. It is possible that the effects of antidepressant medications (if not the active metabolites of the antidepressant drugs themselves) can linger for several weeks after the last dose.

In regard to sertraline in particular, its parent drug has a half-life of 22-36 hours and it has an active metabolite that has a half-life of 62-104 hours (per Stahl & Pfizer respectively). May have a weak effect on P450 3A4, some notable effect at P450 2D6 though it may not be of great significance with very low dosing (depending). The clinical data reportedly shows sertraline to be pretty selective with no appreciable affinity for adrenergic (α1, α2, & β), cholinergic, GABA, dopaminergic, histaminergic, serotonergic (5HT1A, 5HT1B, 5HT2), or benzodiazepine receptors; though there is some thought that it will have effects at the dopamine transporter in addition to the serotonin transporter. (There was a report on Erowid that indicates someone got some serious dependence from taking Zoloft, so cutting it cold-turkey could case notable withdrawal).

Generally speaking sertraline is fairly safe and well tolerated (or so the pens on my desk tell me anyway). The danger here lies in the fact that the clinical data on DOC is poorly known. The biggest issue(s) would probably be due to something along the lines of the following: sertraline ‘desensitizing’ serotonin receptors causing diminished psychedelic effects, sertraline acting as a dopamine reuptake inhibitor causing more pronounced amphetamine effects &/or extending the duration of the DOC, or increased effect &/or extended duration due to DOC being in some way significantly metabolized by P450 3A4 or 2D6.

Attendant risks related to the need to take Zoloft in the first place might be as follows: DOC ‘reveals’ a case of Bi-Polar Disorder in what used to be uni-polar depression, discontinuation of Zoloft causes shitty withdrawal symptoms, discontinuation of the Zoloft causes a relapse with regard to the original disorder that necessitated it (depression, OCD, etc.).

Long story short:
Zoloft + DOC = Playing 2 legged guinea pig.
Stopping Zoloft to take DOC = Risking relapse and/or a shitty time due to withdrawal.

Best advice would be to avoid taking any research chemicals at all in this situation. If you think this is ridiculous, bear in mind that in at least one of the 5-MeO-AMT deaths, Wellbutrin may have contributed to death rather than just a shitty day.

I B

PS This advice is of course worth what you paid for it.

As everyone already said, you probably shouldnt do it.

No i want to comment on something else you said about dosage and body weight.
I have found that weight plays very little role in the dose a person requires of a psychedelic. I am a very skinny person yet when it comes to psychedelics i usually require the upper end of the shulgin dose (with DOC 6mg was not all that amazing. yet 1.3mg of DOI surprised me by its strength.)
So ill reiterate, body weight plays very little role, if any at all.

It is always wise to start low and work your way up though, regardless of your weight.

Man you guys sold me, I will stress to her not to take part in the research. And probably let her read these post.I'm glad Bluelight is here to play a part in harm reduction.

Ximot said:
if it's her first time definitely go for no more than 2mg for her. not sure if it's that good an idea at all for her to take something that intense + long-lasting if she needs antidepressants to be stable in her life.

regarding interaction potential of DOC with zoloft.... I used to take Zoloft myself at some point, and my doc advised me to avoid amphetamines, since fenfluramine is contrainidicated and chemically not that different or so he said. Well, I did do amphetamines, and I was truly ill... bloated and pale, weak, shaky... for 2-3 days and definitely not well!!

So I'd stay off the zoloft for 2 weeks at least to be sure. But why would she interrupt her antidepressant course? if she is prescribed it for depression, interrupting it like that and taking a strong psychedelic amphetamine may not be a wise move, psychologically.

Then again, she might just get this Eureka efect and be cured from depression forever. :\

By amphetamine, do you mean Dexedrine/Adderall or street speed?

I was just wondering, because if someone got me LSD, and it was just DOI/DOB... i'm on an SSRI... never had problems with Dex/Adderall/Ritalin until recently, they make me a little sick, but not too bad, although if I felt that sick while tripping, it'd suck

/\ street speed. amphetamine sulphate I guess. Might have have been just my reaction, but yeah, that's what happened to me on sertraline (Zoloft). With fluoxetine (Prozac) I never had any physical issues at all with interaction with speed or anything else.

Probably the difference between the two compounds with regard to effects at the dopamine transporter. It would make sense at any rate.

I B

advice: i wouldn't stop the antidepressant, and i wouldn't trip with her. that shit has bad news written all over it.

but..... i've said this before and i'll say it again, do what makes you happy.

Prozac and Shrooms?

Im sure someone posted this before and all the bluelighters are going to bitch(regardless of the fact that it wasnt under the SE)

I have a friend who has been taking prozac for 13 months. Soon a bunch of me and my friends will be getting some high quality shrooms and documenting our trip. Is it safe for my friend to take shrooms while on the SSRI? He doesnt really have any other drug history but is quite facinated in the shrooms. Whats your take?

I think it's safe, but the effects are likely to be hugely reduced. But I have no experience in this area at all, so this is based on what I've read only.

royksopp said:
Im sure someone posted this before and all the bluelighters are going to bitch(regardless of the fact that it wasnt under the SE)

I have a friend who has been taking prozac for 13 months. Soon a bunch of me and my friends will be getting some high quality shrooms and documenting our trip. Is it safe for my friend to take shrooms while on the SSRI? He doesnt really have any other drug history but is quite facinated in the shrooms. Whats your take?

Yep dunnit, to no ill effects- bear in mind (I'm sure or hope you already know this) that the mushrooms MAY have less effect on your friends then on you. But still dose him the same as you-its always WAY WAY WAY better to take more then less.

Prozac has NO know negative interatctions with shrooms, though the last time I took them, I went ot hospital for a night (at least 4 days after the trip) with extreme anxiety and psycho-motor excitement- really scary. BUT-I have an anxiety problem so that explains it to an extent.

SSRI's are usually prescribed for a specific mental condition involiving seatonin so fucking with it must have some effect, be it negative or positive.

Traverse with care or PM for further questrions.

Bear in mind, I've been on SSRI's for trhreee years and taken heaps of psychs during that time.

Peace.

SSRi's will soften the edges of the experience, it's far less awe-inspiring, in my experience.

MDA + NO2 while on anti-phychotics question

Hi guys.

I have recently gone on anti-psychotics due to some bad acid experiences but im really craving a night of pure mda + nangs/bulbs as ive had some really crazy fun little trips with this combination.

Can anyone here please tell me if 1 - this is actually a dangerous combination and 2 - if the anti-psychotics will stop the trip and if so does it block one or both.

Thanks very much for any help in advance!

Oh sorry the antiphycotics im on are Zyprexa-Olanzapine
Also, i am on SSRI anti-depressants, does this matter?

PS: i know im on them for a reason but havnt taken anything in over 6 months and i know i wont flip out with this stuff.

spanks!!!

i think antiphycotics will block some of the serotonin, but i am not to familiar with the effects of mda

i dont think the medication will affect the nitrous but i would expect the effects of the MDA to be weaker than what you are used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.