View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Medication/Supplement Interaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Effexor is a SNRI, but yeah, it's "safe" (according to the Antidepressants and Recreational Drugs FAQ) to take it.. Just remember that you've got that medication for a reason.

May lessen slightlky the effects of the LSD

Does anyone have experience with the SSRI Lexapro and psychedelics? Will the effects still be lessened with a very small daily dose (10 mgs) ?

Experiance

I'm new to LSD, on EffexorXR-300mg

I could not detect any side effects, I suspect Effexor slightly reduces the effects

2ci + wellbutrin

hello, for off let me say that i have been on wellbutrin for about 2 months now. a while ago i trip on 2ci with my friend alot. like 4days in a row, then break for a day or two and do again for about 2 months. I quit doing 2ci, havent done it sense, and dont plan on ever doing it again. however im getting flash backs that are pretty intense, visually at least. ive done as much as 60mg of 2ci on some accasions. these visual flashbacks are in my opinion more intense than when i was on the drug. IS WELLBUTRIN MAKING THE MORE INTENSE or just stupid drug use. i learned my lesson. it happens mainly when i am in dark rooms, going to sleep, almost always when i wake up, and all the time.

I strongly recommend against any drug use while on wellbutrin, due to some deaths which have occurred with research chemicals and MDMA while wellbutrin was in the blood, and some reports of psychosis as well...

I myself had a hospitalization experience that I attribute to an adverse reaction between welbutrin and AMT.

Overall, unless you really think wellbutrin is making your life better, try to quit taking it, as it lowers the seizure threshold and increases anxiety in most people.

Wellburtin is known for causing a whole set of sleep-related anormalites. I'd dismiss them as the side effects of it instead of being some sort of drug-induced flashbacks as a result of excessive 2c-i use.

I'd talk to your doctor and not mention your drug use, and see what they have to say.

First off, I havn't noticed a drug that is more hppd-prone than 2c-i...

Wellbutrin and 2c-i both lower the seizure threshhold so you aren't too good on that tip,

as far as making things more intense i'd say its a possibility... it is a slight, shitty stimulant....

well all together i think 2ci is pretty weak. i dont plan on doing it anymore, and my hppd like stuff is already getting somewhat better. stay away from 2ci.....

God damn it, LSD with a MAOI yes or no?

I have spent hours serching for info and have come accross nothing but the occasional conflictiong report on this combo. Some say it kills it, some say it makes it way stronger and everything in between can someone fill me in, any experiences?

Particually with selegiline being a selective maoi and how that could possibbly make it different to regular maois
thanx

Hmm... strange. That link is misleading. Most of what they talk about are SSRIs, and they've lumped things together incorrectly. MAO enzymes metabolize tryptamines including serotonin, lsd, psilocybin, dmt. You just usually get enough into your system as well. The exception of course, is DMT orally. An MAOI will greatly prevent this from happening.

MAOIs will make you trip harder on less.

SSRIs will make you trip less.

This is exactly why Ayahuasca contains an MAOI in addition to the n,n-DMT: MAO breaks down tryptamines (indeed, all monoamines).

Tyrosines are not good to ingest while on an MAOI.

Anyway, here's Dr. Halpern, The Man himself, explaining:

http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v06n1/06158mao.html
Entheogenic tryptamines are orally activated by MAOI's inhibition of the enzyme monoamine oxidase in the gut. However, there are adverse drug interactions secondary to MAOI intake (Table 1). Of particular note, using MAOI's within five weeks of discontinuing the serotonin selective reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) fluoxetine (Prozac) could lead to coma and death.(4)

Yes, it will work, and it will cause you to trip off less tryptamine. My problem with it is that it likes to add it's own spunk to the trip, rue slows everything down, and gives me strange arabic carpet patterns, while caapi gives it more of a spiritual kick. Personally, real LSD is hard enough to find nowadays, where I wouldn't mess with it, and let it do its own thing.

Just be careful, though. Make it a point to avoid those certain tyramide (sp?) containing foods. I made the mistake of eating a pepperoni pizza a day before an ayahusca journey, and was greated with headaches from hell.

"Recently two subtypes of MAO have been identified. MAO-A is found in norepinephrine and serotonin nerve terminals in the brain (locus caeruleus), in human placenta, in intestine, and in peripheral norepinephrine-secreting nerve terminals. MAO-B is found in neurons (usually dopamine-secreting) in the brain (dorsal raphe nucleus) [so yes, MAO-B is in the brain too] and in blood platelets (a component of blood that is responsible for the initiation of clotting). The older, irreversible MAO inhibitors are nonselective and inhibit both forms of the enzyme; the inhibition of MAO-A is responsible for the antidepressant activity, and the inhibition of MAO-B is responsible for side-effects, including serious drug interactions that occur when the patient eats cheeses and other foods."

"MAO is not only responsible for regulation of intercellular levels of norepinephrine, serotonin [this explains why DMT and LSD is potentiated], and dopamine [this explains the amphetamines and cocaine], but also for hepatic (liver) metabolism of transmitter-like substances, such as tryamine (metabolized by MAO-B) [There you have it folks!]. Tyramine is a substance that is widely found in foods... [foods with tyramine in them]... The presence of tyramine in the body from such sources, which potentially can occur when MAO is inhibited, can precipitate a hypertensive crisis that is characterized by severe increases in blood pressure, intense headaches, increased heart rate, palpitations, and other effects that can be serious or fatal. Thus food limitations are required of patients who take NON-SPECIFIC MAO inhibitors."

Here it be.

Peace,
PL

^Pimp_Lazy, that info is neither recent, nor is it for the most part correct. in fact its all screwed up.

please provide sources when quoting so as we can bash the writer proper and the proper writer.

DOC and zoloft

Ok I have a quick question for you guys, My old g/f and I are getting back together, well I asked her if she would like to do a little research with DOC, she takes Zoloft. And I have been stressing her to stay away from them for a week or so before she trips. How much time away from the Zoloft would she need, I don't want anything bad to happen to her.
Also she weighs around 115 pounds. Anyways I was going to have her take 4mg, but then I have been thinking about possibly 2.5 +/- .5 Does anyone really know the dose per weight she should need to have a decent experience. I weigh around 194 And I usually have around 3mg and Im blown away, But I am going to go for double 6mg this time around

if it's her first time definitely go for no more than 2mg for her. not sure if it's that good an idea at all for her to take something that intense + long-lasting if she needs antidepressants to be stable in her life.

regarding interaction potential of DOC with zoloft.... I used to take Zoloft myself at some point, and my doc advised me to avoid amphetamines, since fenfluramine is contrainidicated and chemically not that different or so he said. Well, I did do amphetamines, and I was truly ill... bloated and pale, weak, shaky... for 2-3 days and definitely not well!!

So I'd stay off the zoloft for 2 weeks at least to be sure. But why would she interrupt her antidepressant course? if she is prescribed it for depression, interrupting it like that and taking a strong psychedelic amphetamine may not be a wise move, psychologically.

Then again, she might just get this Eureka efect and be cured from depression forever. :\

This may be a bad idea, if she is taking zoloft there is obviously a reason for it are you sure it's a good idea for her to stop?
They could take take longer than a week to clear her system and many people experience a withdrawel from SSRIs.

Status
Not open for further replies.