View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first experience with mdai was during christmas, i had gotten my hands on 1g of white mdai powder.

I had done a lot of research before i tried it, and a lot of negative stuff had been written about mdai, so my hopes weren't that great.

I pretty much used the whole 1g in one night, and it was absolutely horrible.. barely gave any effect at all.. and i suffered from constant brainzaps several days afterwards.

Now 6 months later, last week i decided to try it out again, this time the powder was brown.

Started off with bombing 200mg on a empty stomach.. After 45m i was barely feeling anything and was worried that this was all i was going to get.

So i decided to take everything i had left and hope for the best, bombed 300mg.

And this is when this shit really kicked in. Soon afterwards my whole body started tingling, and i found myself smiling constantly.. And listening to music, almost any type of music was extremely pleasant.
There was also a subtle stimulation feeling that made me want to be social and do stuff, but not as intense as with meph/buty/fleph.

I also felt very awake and clearminded. This euphoric and relaxed state lasted for about 5-6 hours until it finally faded away and left me quite depressed, i wanted it to last forever.

I was quite surprised by the effects i got, pure awesomeness. If i have to compare it to something, then I'd say it's similar to methylone in terms of effect.

Last edited:
Damn. Greenlighters are really coming out of the woodwork in this thread. The majority of what I've read and heard about MDAI has completely put me off from ever trying it. I can't believe such a weak substance has been discussed enough to reach nearly 1000 posts.

It may be weak but it's actually very pleasant - I rather like it. Must admit it's best IV though :eek:

Was unsure if to post here or on TR, but since it's not just a TR I'd post it here:

I had this MDAI bought one year ago from a known asian seller, so it's the first stuff that came out, fluffy tan powder. I wanted to wash it anyway, and used some acetone. The acetone took some brown color, and that was all. I then removed the acetone, dried the powder, added distillated water, and put on a glass surface to crystalize. After some hours I noticed that at the edges the liquid was clear, while in the middle it had some brown spots. Left it to dry for 4 days, and after that there was some slightly dark powder in the middle circle, while the outer circle was made of light crystals, not nice crystals, reminded me of the crystal salt you find on rocks by the sea.
I scraped the outer circle and discarded the inner one; outer was 300mg, inner 200mg. This was out of 500mg from the initial powder.
Now the crystals I got from the outer circle are still pretty tanned, and when I compared what I got with the original powder I noticed mine was way darker, which is pretty weird. If anyone got some idea why this happened, would be very welcome.

I did the allergy/wrong chemical test last week, no problems. Then yesterday evening I decided to test it for real: I made two 10mg lines and one 20mg line. I insufflated 10mg and waited; nothing. After 20 min I insufflated the other 10mg; still nothing. I then waited other 20-30 min, and then I hit the 20mg line, which was quite painful btw (not extremely tho). I went outside for a walk and after say 5 min it hit me, and pretty strong i dare say. I saw everyone telling MDAI was very weak, active over 150mg, etc etc, so I didn't expect really anything out of total 40mg. It was a waveof energy rising from the stomach, which reminded me a lot of meph, not the best meph slap or sure, but a medium one. I was suddenly definitely high, breathing heavily, and I experienced some definite empathy towards my buddy who was with me, like 50% of meph empathy. On the other side there was mood-lift but very little euphoria and zero wellbeing (which are meph's main features and this is clearly due to the complete lack of dopamine activity). This feeling lasted 2-3 minutes onl, then it faded to a general sense of relaxation positive mood, calmness, lightbodied feeling. I also was not very chatty, like I answered if asked and was happy to talk, but otherwise I was like lost in my mind which was basically empty. The feeling slowly subsided, after 2h I was probably back to baseline but with a good mood.
Overall it was pleasant but not extremely pleasant, the euphoria and wellbeing were clearly missing. Plus in the comeup I experienced a little anxiety, but this is probably just me and I think it's related to the fact of feeling fucked up without the euphoria and wellbeing that make you careless.

I checked HR and BP during the experience and they were 100% normal, I experienced dry mouth in the initial phase and for some 20-30min, but no gurning whatsoever. Pupils were also normal, no dilatation. Today I experienced some congested sinuses.

Very interesting chemical IMHO, and much more active than I expected (due to a good batch, my purification, insufflation, I have no idea). I'm positive anything over 50mg with same ROA would be a waste, since I'm sure you can't get higher or experience effects you can't get because of the merely serotonergic nature of the chemical. On the other side I'm pretty sure that high dosages can result in side effects which are absent at reasonable amounts. Like for the guy above, jeez you hammered 1g in one night, what did you expect?

That sounds very unusual, Enduin. Have never heard of MDAI being remotely active at such low dose and it's all but inactive snorted for everyone I've heard try it. Don't think it's water soluble so pointless to snort, I thought. If I didn't know better I'd say you'd been sold MDPV rather than MDAI as it fits your description far better (pretty much fits it perfectly in fact) than MDAI does.

I fully aware it's not consistent with most experiences, but while I cannot say for sure it was actually MDAI, I'm pretty sure it wasn't MDPV, my buddy actually was on MDPV, in fact he was fully awake and much chattier than me, and had 160/74 BP over around 80 HR. I tried MDPV too before and I'm pretty sure if I had railed 40mg of it my heart would been racing like crazy, instead it was 100% baseline.
Honestly it's not really the small amount that surprised me the most (I'm sure there's a report of someone who railed 25mg and reported nice effects, what I'm not sure is if it's here on B&D or on another thread), but the fact it gave me a very noticeable rush; that was completely unexpected.
Also the powder I have is definitely water soluble, and most of the reports I've read when I bought (on another forum) were from people who bought from the same place. It's the first stuff that came out one year ago and is supposed to be the HCL, as opposite to the base and other crap that cam out after that.
I don't know man, I hoped you pros could throw some light on it, so far I came to only 3 possible explanations:

- it seems to me that I'm very sensible to serotonergic substances, and I know I can get effects from below threshold amounts of psychedelics, and used to get huge empathy with meph (while other buddies didn't). This is funny cause with sedatives, plain stimulants and pretty much everything else I need high amounts. Maybe I'm just sensible to it cause it's serotonergic and got a rush cause I insufflated instead of bombing?

- I just recalled I took 15mg of vinpocetine after dinner, so maybe there was some potentiation. This hp is easily checkable if next time I try without the vinpocetine.

- I also kind of noticed that the ones who give the best reports about MDAI are mostly those who used low amounts, like under 150mg. Is that maybe that MDAI has an optimal level, which if you go further it's counter-productive effects-wise?

Do we know how a Marquis should behave with MDAI? Anyone had some confirmed lab samples and run a MArquis on it? I could consider to buy one and test my gear...

Hmm... I just IV'd the last 100mg of my MDAI and it's definitely not water soluble - need to add an acid to break it down. It does produce a mild rush then settles into a gently stimulated, dreamy, mildly euphoric state. I'm pretty sure what I have is MDAI but agree that many people seem to dose too high with it. Having said that, one of the few reports of a more stimulating and very euphoric state involved a split-dose of 500mg - that did sound like fun but didn't buy enough to dose that high.

Your reaction is still a mystery to me but maybe others will have some ideas for you :)

update... I just opened the bad to try to dry it out, it doesnt only looks like chocolate, indeed its texture is just like a soft chocolate, I was trying to get it out of the bag, but this stuff its pretty damm sticky..., I took a very close look at it and I could see the crystals, but I guess I dont even have 25 mg of crystals of together in that bag of shit.... 98% my ass!.... I got ripped off!

I think I can chew this thing....

I got the same stuff (actually, I received a double order from the vendor, it seems someone filled the order and mailed it without immediately marking it filled, and then someone else came along and filled the same order and mailed it, because I received two packages at the same time that each contained the full contents of my order), and as soon as I had an opportunity I e-mailed the vendor to express my dissatisfaction and to implore them to discontinue selling a material which is quite obviously highly impure and quite properly Not For Human Consumption. They replied with a full refund, so I ended up getting a double order on the house.

Anyways, you might try bitching to the vendor (in a considerate way, of course) about the ridiculously shitty stuff they sent you. Whoever synth'ed that shit knowing it was going to make it to an end user some day is one unethical, immoral, and greedy sonuvabitch. And apparently nobody along the distribution chain has had the heart to fire their supplier and either destroy the poo poo drugs or get them properly washed and ready to go.

Hmm... I just IV'd the last 100mg of my MDAI and it's definitely not water soluble - need to add an acid to break it down. It does produce a mild rush then settles into a gently stimulated, dreamy, mildly euphoric state. I'm pretty sure what I have is MDAI but agree that many people seem to dose too high with it. Having said that, one of the few reports of a more stimulating and very euphoric state involved a split-dose of 500mg - that did sound like fun but didn't buy enough to dose that high.

Your reaction is still a mystery to me but maybe others will have some ideas for you :)

You didn't get even the slightest loved up feeling with you IV dose?
Anyway if you needed to use acid to dissolve it I think it means you had the base, so no wonder it wasn't water soluble...
I'd like to see someone else doing the same process I did, acetone wash, recrystalization and discharge of any stuff that separates from the clearer crystallier layer. And then small amounts insufflated.
I quite got the impression that most just doesn't approach this chemical in the right way, looking for MDMA or meph replacement, which clearly isn't, hammering big amounts or anyway starting high. Well basically more on the "let's get fucked up" line than "let's see wat this chemical can do". We still don't know a lot on it, so other than the usual harm reduction philosophy (but then anyone has the right to do whatever he wants with his own body), we also don't know how to get the best out of it. Not to mention that we have no idea how pure is the stuff we buy, but IMHO very far from the claims!

I fully aware it's not consistent with most experiences, but while I cannot say for sure it was actually MDAI, I'm pretty sure it wasn't MDPV, my buddy actually was on MDPV, in fact he was fully awake and much chattier than me, and had 160/74 BP over around 80 HR. I tried MDPV too before and I'm pretty sure if I had railed 40mg of it my heart would been racing like crazy, instead it was 100% baseline.
Honestly it's not really the small amount that surprised me the most (I'm sure there's a report of someone who railed 25mg and reported nice effects, what I'm not sure is if it's here on B&D or on another thread), but the fact it gave me a very noticeable rush; that was completely unexpected.
Also the powder I have is definitely water soluble, and most of the reports I've read when I bought (on another forum) were from people who bought from the same place. It's the first stuff that came out one year ago and is supposed to be the HCL, as opposite to the base and other crap that cam out after that.
I don't know man, I hoped you pros could throw some light on it, so far I came to only 3 possible explanations:

- it seems to me that I'm very sensible to serotonergic substances, and I know I can get effects from below threshold amounts of psychedelics, and used to get huge empathy with meph (while other buddies didn't). This is funny cause with sedatives, plain stimulants and pretty much everything else I need high amounts. Maybe I'm just sensible to it cause it's serotonergic and got a rush cause I insufflated instead of bombing?

- I just recalled I took 15mg of vinpocetine after dinner, so maybe there was some potentiation. This hp is easily checkable if next time I try without the vinpocetine.

- I also kind of noticed that the ones who give the best reports about MDAI are mostly those who used low amounts, like under 150mg. Is that maybe that MDAI has an optimal level, which if you go further it's counter-productive effects-wise?

Do we know how a Marquis should behave with MDAI? Anyone had some confirmed lab samples and run a MArquis on it? I could consider to buy one and test my gear...

I take 125-50 mg then an hour later redo it in a rizla bombed and that seems to work for a good few hours.

You didn't get even the slightest loved up feeling with you IV dose?

I definitely do but the loviness builds fairly slowly so wasn't feeling it as strongly so soon after shooting. I certainly had that blissed-out feel (rather similar to IV MDMA actually) and a big sloppy grin on my face for a few hours =D

As for the freebase thing, I'm not 100% so couldn't rightly say. It was the fine, brown powder version rather than the white crystal or moist, dark brown one though FWIW.

PS: I also added 8mg of IV 2C-C shortly after a 75mg top up of MDAI around 90-120 minutes later and it was a damn fine combo I must say. The 2C-C added a surprising amount of energy as both are pretty mellow individually and felt pretty damn strong for just 8mg so I suspect potentiation was afoot too.

Hmm... I just IV'd the last 100mg of my MDAI and it's definitely not water soluble - need to add an acid to break it down. )

How much work do you need to put in to get it to dissolve? I've just got hold of some of the tan powder again and tried to dissolve it in lemon juice, it leaves a suspension which is OK for oral admin but you certainly wouldn't IV it! I'm thinking that the mixed reports on this stuff are a lot to do with bioavailability as well as some very suspect batches doing the rounds. The version I have now tests OK on Marquis and looks and tastes the same as the stuff I wrote glowing trip reports on a while ago, so down the hatch, lets see how it works.

A tiny sprinkle (as in a few grains) or citric acid or a slightly larger sprinkle of vit C powder is all it takes, Silverfox. And a bit of heat and spoon-swirling. Basically identical to prepping UK heroin if you are familiar with that.

I also agree on the BA thing - so many of these (bad) reports are from folks sniffing it and getting little effect whereas orally (or indeed IV) it seems to be far more effective.

I thought that you would probably be 'cooking' it Shambles. There's should be enough HCl in my stomach to finish what the lemon juice didn't do - and after t + 30 minutes I can vouch for the effectiveness!

Cooking is kinda traditional for IV drugs, Silverfox ;)

Would work fine for oral consumption too but is almost certainly unnecessary for that purpose. Enjoy the MDAI - I certainly did last night :)

Cooking is kinda traditional for IV drugs, Silverfox ;)
Seen that a few times :\

Decided to spice it up tonight with 60 mg of meph (that's the only stim I have right now). I like it with a little booster and I want to see how low a dose of the combo I can get down to.

I got the same stuff (actually, I received a double order from the vendor, it seems someone filled the order and mailed it without immediately marking it filled, and then someone else came along and filled the same order and mailed it, because I received two packages at the same time that each contained the full contents of my order), and as soon as I had an opportunity I e-mailed the vendor to express my dissatisfaction and to implore them to discontinue selling a material which is quite obviously highly impure and quite properly Not For Human Consumption. They replied with a full refund, so I ended up getting a double order on the house.

Anyways, you might try bitching to the vendor (in a considerate way, of course) about the ridiculously shitty stuff they sent you. Whoever synth'ed that shit knowing it was going to make it to an end user some day is one unethical, immoral, and greedy sonuvabitch. And apparently nobody along the distribution chain has had the heart to fire their supplier and either destroy the poo poo drugs or get them properly washed and ready to go.

This sounds like the stuff I had as well. Another thing that tipped me off was the weigh out, mine was 1.2 grams. Mine was really damp and the longer I had it the more it became like peanut butter. In fact when I tried to get the last bit out of the bag it ended up smearing all over,becoming a pain in the ass to get out.
So is this a crappy batch? Both me and my girl got high but on the other hand we only got about 4 good doses out of 1.2 grams. I would think that if it was "pure" I would have gotten a few more hits out of it. I didn`t feel like we took monster dosages of the stuff.

Damn. Greenlighters are really coming out of the woodwork in this thread. The majority of what I've read and heard about MDAI has completely put me off from ever trying it. I can't believe such a weak substance has been discussed enough to reach nearly 1000 posts.

it's not weak if you get the dose right

I had a horrible night... I got the stuff and actually tried to weighted, it was nearly impossible to do it since it was so damm freaking sticky... then I got some seleginlene 5mg and what I thought it was 100 mg of this brown piece of crap I got and bombed it... went to a party, nic fanculi was playing, dude was blowing the whole place!! but I was soo damm tired, I couldnt dance, I couldnt sit, I wanted to vomit for little times... now that im more relax, I might give it another try, but this time, Im getting some methylone on the mix... that should make things much more interestings...

Status
Not open for further replies.