View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually never tried it. Been thinking about getting a bit of some type of stimulant just to have on hand when i need some extra motivation/inspiration ;) and was thinking about getting one of those two.

I was under the impression 4-FA was more of a straight stimulant, is it a typical amphetamine high? Or more euphoric/less "gurney"?

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=493388 :)

I do enjoy MDAI w/ it, but save it for the second half.

thanks for the link. Didn't know the dosage was quite that high... Still looks like something i might have use for.

If you're looking for a really euphoric experience that's the dosage for you.

When I use it as a study aid I keep it to 25/30mg.

Good to know. Sorry to temporarily derail the thread here, but did you find it as long lived at lower doses. Also, in the TR it didn't seem quite as scattered, gurney, etc as most amphetamines i'm familiar with, do you find that's the case?

It still lasts for quite awhile even at lower doses. I always reach for it first because it's not an in-your-face stimulant; really lends well to maintaining focus for considerable lengths of time. Euphoria comes and goes without a fight. Very interesting stuff indeed.

Of course you will get your amphetamine sweats and whatnot but peripheral muscle tightness is reduced and I can even maintain an appetite if I take the time to stop working :p

Not fiendish in the slightest either. My preferred ROA is rectal. You've inspired me to update my TR. Thanks :)

thanks for the comments HisNameIsFrank and have taken onboard what you have said and yes Breaking bad is one awesome show will keep files reports = SWIM :) :)

It still lasts for quite awhile even at lower doses. I always reach for it first because it's not an in-your-face stimulant; really lends well to maintaining focus for considerable lengths of time. Euphoria comes and goes without a fight. Very interesting stuff indeed.

Of course you will get your amphetamine sweats and whatnot but peripheral muscle tightness is reduced and I can even maintain an appetite if I take the time to stop working :p

Not fiendish in the slightest either. My preferred ROA is rectal. You've inspired me to update my TR. Thanks :)

thanks for the info man!

In many cases, people assume that NE plays a minor role in stimulants' and empathogens/entactogens' desirable fx. I find this unjustified. For a point of comparison, we have: MDMA (affecting 5ht, DA, and NE all to a great extent), MBDB (affecting 5ht and NE but not DA (well maybe just a lil' bit)), and MDAI (affecting pretty much only 5ht). And then we have auxiliary comparison points: ethcathinone for a relatively selective, centrally active NE releaser, and ephedrine, an NE releaser exerting severe peripheral effects. (there are other possible compounds which we could compare; the above is a bit arbitrary.)

Okay...so we can look at what type of experience NE release effects in relative isolation from other effects. Surprisingly, many people find ethcathinone a solid, mildly euphoric stimulant. We can also look at the MBDB/MDAI contrast to see what role NE plays in 'non-stimulant' (really, non-dopaminergic) entactogens. However, there currently exists no selective releaser of 5ht and DA (sans NE fx), so we can't discern what NE brings to the DA + 5ht party. Hell...there's no DA releaser with little NE activity, even.

IMO, NE likely adds greatly to the body-high and felt excitement, but also anxiety and 'crashing'.

I'll assume that you meant MDAI when you wrote "mda". MDAI + d-amp will likely more closely mimic good aspects of mdma but will exert greater neurotoxicity than the combo w/ mph. MDAI + MPH is likely only very minorly neurotoxic, or perhaps not at all.

MDAI + selegiline is a different story: since exogenously triggered dopamine release does not occur in the combo, selegiline doesn't potentiate MDAI via that mechanism. So I hypothesize that MDAI is a substrate for maob, hence potentiation when taken with an MAOBI. The underlying data? Not much. I've found that with selegiline, 50 mg mdai will yield moderately strong fx (just the right level) for roughly 3 hrs., 1 redose at like T + 2 hrs. working well. Another selegiline user on BL finds MDAI idiosyncratically potent too. Typical doses for MDAI taken alone tend to be more like 100-200 mg. But be careful: this combo is experimental, and you could be somehow highly sensitive, etc. and yield dangerously strong fx. I'd do Shulgin-esque titration with the MDAI for this combo.

ebola

I just found out that there is no d-amph avaliable in my country... so im left with MPH (ritalin) and selegine, I cannot decide wich way to go... I think I'll go with the one thats easier for me to get...

I've never taken selegiline alone, so I will be careful with the dose... wich one do you recomend? I'll go with 50 mg MDAI plus ??? selegilene?

And If I go for the MPH combo, wich dosis of MPH should I use?? I was thinking here in going 120 mg MDAI plus ??? ritalin?

Am I correct in thinking mdai should give a reddish to brown colour reaction with Marquis reagent? An old batch of the tan powder tests this way but a batch that I just received which is crystaline and white fizzes like mad and turns a very slight yellow colour. It tastes salty and doesn't taste or smell like meph. Anyone else been sold something like this, I'm very reluctant to try it myself.

Am I correct in thinking mdai should give a reddish to brown colour reaction with Marquis reagent? An old batch of the tan powder tests this way but a batch that I just received which is crystaline and white fizzes like mad and turns a very slight yellow colour. It tastes salty and doesn't taste or smell like meph. Anyone else been sold something like this, I'm very reluctant to try it myself.

for what I've read in this thread and the M-1 thread, methylone reacts slight yellow to markis...

thanks, I don't have any M-1 handy to do a comparison and it is a while since I've had it so I can't remember what it tasted like.

Indeed. Methylone turns Marquis yellow and MDAI goes reddish. There are most likely other possibilities but if your "MDAI" turns Marquis yellow it ain't MDAI and as methylone is now illegal in the UK it shouldn't really be that either (assuming you bought from the UK). I believe M1 turns bright yellow too which is not how you describe it. It really could be anything :\

The result for the tan powder is on the right, the white crystals on the left

Attachments

• marquis.JPG
    marquis.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 181
that's not methylone. methylone has a much clearer more intense yellow colour.

It's unnecessarily high, in my opinion. It's a subtle drug and taking very large doses doesn't really change that. It doesn't seem to be dangerous at high doses though.

On its own I find the effects kick in around 125mg and don't seem to intensify with further dosing. When in a combo 125mg also seems sufficient.

Aye, even 100mg combined with 5mg of pv was giving me quite the lovely dunt. When I increased the dosage the next day I didn't get effects quite as good...although I had been awake the whole time on said pv, so that may just have played a part!

Status
Not open for further replies.