View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was totally unimpressed with this compound. I tried taking this compound vis IV route. for the most intense feeling. I expected to produce a intense high, but this stuff was weak. Stuff for freebase, rootbeer in color.

Weighed out 50mgs freebase, added 30mgs citric acid into solution.

Ran it through a 0.45 micron filter, the solution came out perfectly clear.

Did an IV injection, a word of warning, IV burns, which is why I don't suggets it it.

Was unimpressed with the effects, repeated the process again and did another IV injection, same dose same process.

Effects: Mood lift, euphoria(weak), empathy, enhanced colors, enhanced music.

This by far was not mindblowing at all. I took a shot of green dragon(weed+vodka) and had a beer after due to the fact that it was so unimpressed.

Anyone suggest how I can get more out of this compound? I'm thinking next experiment I'm gonna down 500mgs oral, and see if I can produce a more intense effect.

-PLUR

You did IV as your first bioassay??? jesus. I find this odd, as IV'd mdxx is said to have an unpleasantly overwhelming rush. Maybe DA and NE need join the party for that.

Why not take a NORMAL oral dose and work up from there, not expecting it to resemble MDMA?
Then, if it doesn't float your boat, why not cautiously try combinations (ie, ones already reported, expected to be benign, low doses)?

If you still don't like it, make someone happy with free drugs. :D

ebola

You did IV as your first bioassay??? jesus. I find this odd, as IV'd mdxx is said to have an unpleasantly overwhelming rush. Maybe DA and NE need join the party for that.

Why not take a NORMAL oral dose and work up from there, not expecting it to resemble MDMA?
Then, if it doesn't float your boat, why not cautiously try combinations (ie, ones already reported, expected to be benign, low doses)?

If you still don't like it, make someone happy with free drugs. :D

ebola

+1 I completely agree.

WTF are you doing shooting an RC you've never tried before? Srsly.

MDAI does not produce a rush or "intense" effects on it's own. You would know this if you'd read the other experiences in this topic, before you decided to slam it. It alone is not a replacement for E, but combined with a stimulant, it can come pretty close, and mixed with almost anything else, it synergises well.

I would strongly caution against a 500mg oral dose. See pages 13-15ish, where people who went on >half gram binges (when 100-200mg is a reasonable dose) reporting brain zaps and depression afterwards. Take the kind of doses other people in this thread are reporting success with, in the same combination(s) if any they're using and raving about, instead of swallowing a quarter teaspoon of a new research chem.

At least now we know the oral bioavailability is pretty good if 50mg IV wasn't all that impressive...

Mmm, another thought just struck me. If the MDAI didnt dissolve well (which is not surprising, i have yet to see or hear of a salt of MDAI that will happilly dissolve in water) you may have filtered out particles of MDAI in the micro filter and injected less than you intended. If it didnt dissolve well, you would have extra citric acid in your shot - which might explain why it burned.

Last edited:
This thread should be renamed "MDAI Combos". There really is very little talk about MDAI itself here...

And FFS, people who are trying to turn this into MDMA using arcane combos, why don't you just go eat some fucking MDMA? Much easier, tested and true!

no need for yet more drug elitsm- this is the place for this rare chemical discussion so until combo's becomes as big in its own right i dont see why people cant discuss it here. as bluelight is crammed with polydrug users it makes sense to mention what experiences were like mixing this with dopaminergics (for obvious party reasons-dance drugs are popular). as for mdma- alphamethyldopamine. end of, no one likes suicide tuesdays

also we all dont want to die ten years from now due to mephedrone induced cardiac fibrosis, or have our knee's turn blue and fall off. wee need them to keep our shins under control

as for the poster above who injected 50mg of mdai, if you want a rush you need dopamine/adrenaline or some combo (heroin-dopamine, cocaine-dopamine, mdma-dopamine) the first thing that hits with an iv rush (so i have been led to believe) is a dopamine rush.

Last edited:
as for the poster above who injected 50mg of mdai, if you want a rush you need dopamine/adrenaline or some combo (heroin-dopamine, cocaine-dopamine, mdma-dopamine) the first thing that hits with an iv rush (so i have been led to believe) is a dopamine rush.

Any data to back this up? Anti-cholinergics IV'd have a 'rush', but it's not too fun, I hear. Recreational NMDA antagonists do too, and it's not the DA effect.

Also, I'd expect an IV'd stimulant to hit PNS adrenal receptors prior to action in the brain.

ebola

The last place a mysterious white powder you bought off the internet should go is directly into your veins, not the first place.

no need for yet more drug elitsm- this is the place for this rare chemical discussion so until combo's becomes as big in its own right i dont see why people cant discuss it here. as bluelight is crammed with polydrug users it makes sense to mention what experiences were like mixing this with dopaminergics (for obvious party reasons-dance drugs are popular). as for mdma- alphamethyldopamine. end of, no one likes suicide tuesdays.
Exactly what part of asking for a separate thread constitutes as "yet more elitism"?

Fact: This thread (I remind you that it is titled "The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread") has very little discussion of MDAI and/or its effects on its own, and a fuckton of posts about what happens when you combine it with other crap, and/or how to turn it into MDMA.

Nothing elitist about that.

If this fact has made you feel somehow inferior to "elitists" like myself, then maybe you actually believe deep inside that you or others are doing something inferior? The funniest part about all this is that I was one of the first here to screw up and admit it, all while staying on topic.

Exactly what part of asking for a separate thread constitutes as "yet more elitism"?

Fact: This thread (I remind you that it is titled "The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread") has very little discussion of MDAI and/or its effects on its own, and a fuckton of posts about what happens when you combine it with other crap, and/or how to turn it into MDMA.

If this fact has made you feel somehow inferior to "elitists" like myself, then maybe you actually believe deep inside that you or others are doing something inferior? The funniest part about all this is that I was one of the first here to screw up and admit it, all while staying on topic.

If there was a seperate thread for MDAI combo's this thread would just die unfortionally, MDAI
There are only a few ppl that like MDAI on its own, but with MDAI and a stimulant its a 1+1=3 situation.
I can understand your frustation tough.

Last edited:
Question. I would assume since MDAI releases serotonin but is more selective than MDMA in that it has no measurable effect on dopamine it wouldnt work with SSRIs also? Does anyone now if selective seretonin reuptake inhibitors block the action of MDAI? I wanted to try it just to see if it had the positive entheogenic effects of MDMA without some of the neurotoxicity and dopamine stimulation feeling but won't don't want to bother if my SSRI will render it useless and don't feel like taking a few days off from it would be a good idea at least this month...

off-topic:
Jam' on PFH said:

I think that PFH either chose the wrong insult to volley in haste or thought that you somehow wwere a dictatorial drug chauvinist, placing MDAI on a towering pedestal. Well...I guess the second option is pretty much insane, so. . .

As this is an entactogen discussion, let's get PLURRY! ;)

re: butylone combo:

I'd imagine this useful solely for when someone doesn't like butylone on its own and made the mistake of having bought some. ;)

Question. I would assume since MDAI releases serotonin but is more selective than MDMA in that it has no measurable effect on dopamine it wouldnt work with SSRIs also?

In theory, yes, the interaction should be similar. Whether that pans out? People'd need to try it.

In theory, yes, the interaction should be similar. Whether that pans out? People'd need to try it.

i'd do it but I don't want to spend all that money on getting whatever minimum quantity for it not to be of any use to me in the near to intermediate future. Plus if it didn't work I definitely don't want to be pedaling RC's to people to make up for the short fall. That's a no no IMO.

I was also thinking a B&D entactogen/empathogen combo thread might be useful, especially as more MDxx-aminoindanes become available & are combined with various cathinones & other stimulants. Hopefully a selective NE compound will become available (if there isn't one already that i'm not aware of) then one can really toy with the ratios and avoid excess stimulation... but somehow, tramadol+mdpv+mdai sounds like it would be lacking something

wow maybe i have already said this ten times (?) but i am repeatedly astounded by the profound effects i get at low doses, i was feeling shitty and anxious all day day - depressed because i woke up at 4:00pm etc. i did not want to smoke pot because i have serious work to do, and once again i decided to "thumb print" MDAI and press what is certainly less than 10mg under my tongue - the mood brightening effect is real and almost instantaneous, slightly stoning but utterly remarkable - i wonder how low you can go with this and still feel an effect something tells me there might be activity at 1mg (im on selegiline though)

Hopefully a selective NE compound will become available (if there isn't one already that i'm not aware of)

NE releaser: ethcathinone (maybe minor DA reuptake inhibition, and even more minor DA reuptake inhibition by metabolism of some of it into cathinone).

NARI: various, many sold as anti-depressants. Strattera, maybe, but I don't know how 'clean' it is. These tend to feel shitty though.

tramadol+mdpv+mdai sounds like it would be lacking something

Sounds like a no-no to me. Tramadol and mdai augment 5ht transmission through 2 distinct means, entailing a serotonin syndrome risk. That, or tramadol just works like an SSRI in respect to actions on 5ht, meaning it would be an anti-synergy, a la mdma + prozac. I'm not quite remembering here.

ebola

(im on selegiline though)

This is something that intrigues me. At any dose of mdai + selegiline, without anything else added to the mix, did you encounter alarming fx?

ebol

wow maybe i have already said this ten times (?) but i am repeatedly astounded by the profound effects i get at low doses, i was feeling shitty and anxious all day day - depressed because i woke up at 4:00pm etc. i did not want to smoke pot because i have serious work to do, and once again i decided to "thumb print" MDAI and press what is certainly less than 10mg under my tongue - the mood brightening effect is real and almost instantaneous, slightly stoning but utterly remarkable - i wonder how low you can go with this and still feel an effect something tells me there might be activity at 1mg (im on selegiline though)

Yeah its an amazing antidepressant, ive only tried it in 30 mg doses tough but i loved the effects, made my day at work more enjoyable, boosts my mood, music enhancement etc.
I do think the deprenyl potentiated the effects for you as i cant imagine it being active in 10mg doses, will need to try tough.

NE releaser: ethcathinone (maybe minor DA reuptake inhibition, and even more minor DA reuptake inhibition by metabolism of some of it into cathinone).

NARI: various, many sold as anti-depressants. Strattera, maybe, but I don't know how 'clean' it is. These tend to feel shitty though.

Sounds like a no-no to me. Tramadol and mdai augment 5ht transmission through 2 distinct means, entailing a serotonin syndrome risk. That, or tramadol just works like an SSRI in respect to actions on 5ht, meaning it would be an anti-synergy, a la mdma + prozac. I'm not quite remembering here.

ebola
Tramadol is a serotonin releaser and not a SSRI apperantly[1].

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.