View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on everyones metabolish I would be inclined to say between 2.5 - 3 hours. This being said it's heavily dependant on the person for example me = come up in fifteen minutes and down at 3 - 3.5 hours , my friend = come up in 35 - 40 minutes down in 2.5 - 3 hours

I thought the duration was WAY longer. I was furiously masturbating for 3 hours during the peak one time.

How quaint lol . was there any involvement of MDPV hehehehe. I think it really depends on the person. :)

@Coolio --> =D

But from what I remember (ran out of MDAI weeks ago) I have to agree. The main headspace lasts for maybe 3 hours, but after that the feeling of still being somewhat under the influence of MDAI lasts almost the entire day.

It likes to linger around well after the main effects. The tapering is so gradual, and it's really a weak drug on its own in the first place, so who can say for sure?

I guess Methylone shares that attribute in its own way too.

And I often had fun reconfirming this longevity by playing with the lights in front of a mirror and watching my pupils expand substantially when they normally wouldn't. This was 8 to 10 hours post intake.

-

I'm somewhat thankful I finally ran out of my supply, because if any substance deserves the name "Serotonergic pot", it's this stuff :) The high, as weak as it is, can nevertheless just keep on going and going and going day after day after day.

Good to take a nice long break from it for a while.

How quaint lol . was there any involvement of MDPV hehehehe. I think it really depends on the person. :)

No, MDPV doesn't do shit for my libido really. It might give me the idea to compulsively masturbate, but it doesn't enhance it or anything. MDAI is like an aphrodesiac out of science fiction for me. Everything feels 10x better.

thanks for the responses. Also, has a threshold level been established yet?

30mg, been taking it in that dose 3 times a day for a few days untill i ran out. Worked good for anhedonia.

Also going to work on that dose was a good experience, makes work more enjoyable without you looking fucked or something.

Last edited:
^ i'm guessing you were using it as something akin to an anti-depressant at that dose? Were there many noticeable effects other than diminished anhedonia?

I'm actually working on a survey tracking anhedonia at the moment, were you on stimulant therapy for ADD/ADHD for an extended period perchance? Or very long term SSRI treatment for depression?

^ i'm guessing you were using it as something akin to an anti-depressant at that dose? Were there many noticeable effects other than diminished anhedonia?

I'm actually working on a survey tracking anhedonia at the moment, were you on stimulant therapy for ADD/ADHD for an extended period perchance? Or very long term SSRI treatment for depression?

Yeah I personally beleive that selective serotonin releasers are potentially very effective antidepressants.

Ive seen papers testing selective serotonin releasers as antidepressants in animal models of depression, the resulsts were that they worked faster and more rebust as classical antidepressants and the antidepressant effect continued 3 weeks into the treatment after which they stopped the experiment.

I do suffer from ADD but ive never been on amphetamine (only a few weeks on ritalin years ago but that is total garbage).
SSRI i would never take.

MDAI killed my anhedonia and gave me music enhancement without any negative side effect whatsoever.
It also made me more prosocial.

The effects were fairly mild tough, but significant.

are there any studies about the safety of MDAI? I know the drug authorities probably would try to limit it because they don't care about drug use in and of itself, only people enjoying it. If there was a healthy drug that was very enjoyable they would do whatever they could to stop people from ejoying it. That's why we're stuck with alcohol being legal, it is extremely unhealthy and bad for you compared to most other drugs of any type beside poisons... like arsenic...

are there any studies about the safety of MDAI? I know the drug authorities probably would try to limit it because they don't care about drug use in and of itself, only people enjoying it. If there was a healthy drug that was very enjoyable they would do whatever they could to stop people from ejoying it. That's why we're stuck with alcohol being legal, it is extremely unhealthy and bad for you compared to most other drugs of any type beside poisons... like arsenic...

There are a few papers from nichol's.

Serotonin neurotoxicity in rats after combined treatment with a dopaminergic agent followed by a nonneurotoxic 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) analogue.
Johnson MP, Huang XM, Nichols DE.

Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmacy and Pharmacal Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907.
There is increasing evidence linking dopamine (DA) to the long-term serotonergic (5-HT) neurotoxic effects of certain substituted amphetamines such as 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA). The present study was undertaken to examine the importance of DA metabolism, uptake inhibition and release in the long-term effects of these drugs by combining various dopaminergic agents with an analogue of MDMA that had low neurotoxic liability, namely 5,6-methylenedioxy-2-aminoindan (MDAI). Monoamine and metabolite levels and the number of 5-HT uptake sites (using [3H]paroxetine binding) were determined 3 hours or 1 week after treatments. Combining the monoamine oxidase inhibitors, clorgyline (MAOA selective) or deprenyl (MAOB selective) with MDAI did not result in any long-term reductions of serotonergic markers. Similarly, combining the DA uptake inhibitor GBR-12909 with MDAI did not result in any long-term changes in monoamine levels at 1 week. In contrast, a single pretreatment of posttreatment with the nonvesicular DA releaser S-amphetamine and MDAI resulted in small but significant long-term changes in monoamine levels. More importantly, if a subacute dosing regimen (every 12 hours for 4 days) was utilized, the combination of S-amphetamine with MDAI resulted in a marked long-term decrease in the levels of cortical, hippocampal and striatal 5-HT, 5-HIAA and the number of 5-HT uptake sites. The results are discussed in terms of the significance of DA and especially nonvesicular DA release in the long-term effects of MDMA-like drugs.
MDAI is non toxic on its own, and also non toxic in combination with a DARI, with a dopamine releaser there is some neurotoxiticy.

MDAI is non toxic on its own, and also non toxic in combination with a DARI, with a dopamine releaser there is some neurotoxiticy.

You're confused and confusing people. This is not the only manner in which these drugs could be toxic. This study doesn't look at toxicity to any other cell lines or organs, it's just serotonergic uptake site density and monoamine levels. It doesn't look at carcinogenicity or hepatoxicity or anything else important.

You can't say MDAI is not toxic just because it doesn't share the same 5-HT/DA efflux mediated serotonergic neurotoxicity that MDMA and MDA does. There are other mechanisms not being explored.

You're confused and confusing people. This is not the only manner in which these drugs could be toxic. This study doesn't look at toxicity to any other cell lines or organs, it's just serotonergic uptake site density and monoamine levels. It doesn't look at carcinogenicity or hepatoxicity or anything else important.

You can't say MDAI is not toxic just because it doesn't share the same 5-HT/DA efflux mediated serotonergic neurotoxicity that MDMA and MDA does. There are other mechanisms not being explored.

I'l rephrase my statement then, "its not toxic to serotogenic neurons". But yeah i didnt think of any other possible forms of toxiticy.

From a harm reduction standpoint, not enough is known about MDAI or aminoindans and their effects on human health to go advocating this as a a non-toxic alternative to anything. What if it causes agranulocytosis from using it daily as an antidepressant, man?

From a harm reduction standpoint, not enough is known about MDAI or aminoindans and their effects on human health to go advocating this as a a non-toxic alternative to anything. What if it causes agranulocytosis from using it daily as an antidepressant, man?

I'm aware that i'm taking a risk when experimenting with several compounds in daily low doses.

From a harm reduction standpoint a bad idea, but i'm willing to take the risk..

I wonder if agranulocytosis or heart valve damage can be followed up with regular blood tests/check ups?
In the case i find something for my particular woes, i have no idea wheter i'm going to keep on taking the MDAI, the benefits were fairly limited.

Last edited:
Here is my TR from the previous combo which I mentioned being MDAI 100mg , 40 mg Tianeptine and 5 mg Buphedrone. However I staggered the dose of buphedrone so frist ingested MDAI and Tianeptine then half an hour into it ingested Buphedrone. please dont shoot me down over this TR Ive tried to keep it as informative as possible.

everything here was weighted

0.15 starting to feel effects of Mdai not unlike a 180 mg dose
0.30 effects are now at their full intensity same as MDAI on its own
ingested 5 mg Buphedrone
0.50 no noticeable effects made decision to increase buphedrone effect by another 15 mg
1.10 effects starting to become pronounced no eye wobbles , just an increase empathy and a big grin.
1.30 decided to re dose again at 10 MG buphedrone

Effects lasted a total of 4 hours before starting a journey to baseline. Overall the effects were similar to MDMA minus any nasty kickers etc etc . Lots of euphoria , lots of empathy , tactile sensations were increased, the clarity was one thing I have to comment on everything was sharp and clear but not displeasing to the eye, musical appreciation was also heightened.

Another interesting point for this is that there was no pupil dialation and no gurning in fact no dry mouth as with mephedrone and Mdai combos

I think if you were looking for the dirty Ekkie effect you will be disappointed this is a combo that you can get up and dance to or lax out have those deep and meaningful convos.

There was some desire to redose but not a "feinding" effect

Come down was very minimal if any, sleep was some what difficult. Another note to mention is that mental tiredness was non existant two days on from my experience and I am still surprised that I havent had a "Crash" will see if there is a wacky wednesday tho.

Friends who were with me did comment that they thought you could increase the Buphedrone dosage 10 - 20 mg they also par took of this combination.

Last edited:
finally tried the MDAI+M1 combo last night, definitely a success, working up a TR now, will post later

finally tried the MDAI+M1 combo last night, definitely a success, working up a TR now, will post later

This combo is something I'm going to try any day now. How does it compare to MDMA and what dosage ratio worked best for you? :)

Last edited:
I am not able to read this entire thread, but what would happen if you combined this chem with opiates like morphine and oxycodone?

Status
Not open for further replies.