• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ibogaine/Iboga Thread

it costs $5,000 in the cheaper of the two facilities that is just north of Puerto Vallarta. it's called the 'dream house'. The 'recovery' industry has got to be a total cash cow . desperate people do desperate things !

I understand there are underground clinics where the price is closer to $2500, but, either way --

Getting the Ibogaine from Gabon, Africa and processing it properly is expensive and needs to be done correctly - the stuff is powerful and needs to be processed by one of only two legitimate centers in the world that does so.The facility you mentioned outside Tijuana / San Diego has a full-time medical doctor on staff and nurses around the clock - this is, obviously, expensive (BUT NOT CANCUN - BEWARE ... their only medical plan is that "the hospital is only a few miles away" 8o ). They have 2 part time therapists, a full time nutritionist, and other professionals on staff ... this is expensive. They run a series of medical tests upon arrival - again, expensive to do. They are required to have various types of insurances ... this is expensive. And all of this is outside the cost of maintaining the facility (e.g., patient rooms, therapy rooms, medical equipment like blood / oxygen monitors, heart monitors, etc), "recovery food" - nature-food stuff designed to help the body and brain of an addict (who probably hasn't been paying a lot of attention to diet) get ready in a couple of days to withstand the very dramatic (traumatic?) Ibogaine experience .... this is all, obviously, very expensive. I don't run an Ibogaine clinic, but they are hardly "cash cows." Do the math on just the above and that should be obvious.

The "recovery industry" and big money maker is the "12 Step" factories where they have 100 patients at $ per day x minimum stay of either 10 or 28 days and you can count on it that many customers are repeats. The Betty Ford Center charges $24,000 - $45,000 depending on the length of your stay. Hazeldon about $30,000. Most such centers charge $1,750-$2,000 per day. There's your profits and, as always, big $$ operations like that are in a panic when something like Ibogaine comes along.

Just got an email back from "The Dream House" Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
$5,800 for their 14 day program,

They got so many pictures up on their website, they got to be doing something.

Any info anyone has? Been digging for a few months now off and on. A lot of what im reading is im guessing... advertising posts? Poster a little too eager to link the website.

Dream House anyone ???????????????

So....

I'm going to do it in about four days.

I have a question. I was wondering how long before I take the ibogaine (extract) do I need to stop all drug use. I have been using opiates and amphetamines... how long does it take for them to clear out of the body? I was thinking I need to stop at least two days beforehand, am I right?

I have already been off my psych meds for about three weeks. Lamotrigine and abilify. That should be enough time for them to be completely cleared out, right? (I do have a fast metabolism). I was also wondering that, if I do need to start up on my meds again, how long should I wait AFTER the ibogaine experience ends to start tapering onto them again? (Hopefully I won't have to go back to using meds, though! But we'll see)

What other things do you suggest I do to prepare myself? I want to make sure that I am completely safe, healthy, that I can survive the experience! Thanks so much...

Are you going to a clinic? They should probably tell you, or contact them because they *should* know that type of information. I listened to a This American Life show where they chilled with a guy who runs an underground clinic in the u.s. and he would go and meet with people a week before, then a day before, chill with them for like a day to make sure they don't do any more drugs, then go to a hotel room and start the Ibogaine doses. I would try contacting them, just to be sure

No, I'm not going to any clinic, underground or otherwise. I'm doing it myself (with a few sitters). I looked around and decided I should stop all drug (and even vitamin/supplement) use about 48 hours beforehand. I'm still not sure when I should re-start my medication (if I have to).

I am super-scared....

Going Monday the26th myself

Been diggin around about this for some time now, and I'm going to the clinic in mexico, The Awakening in the dream. This clinic wouldnt even give me a date til I went to my doctor, and did this EKG and blood test, ($115 no ins, clean for only 8 hours) Might be something to consider? I probably dont know much more about this than you, but it seemed pretty major to the clinic.

if your 4 days out, you got some reading to do.

The 3 people that I've spoke with at the center so far were extremely nice. as far as questions on your meds, i'd call down there, and tell them your not going to a clinic, and i'd bet they'd still help you and answer a lot of your questions????

503-922-1089

PM me if i can be any more help

Here's the client info sheet they sent me:

Requirements for Treatment

We use the utmost care in preparing for each treatment. By having a clear picture of both
your mental and physical profiles, we are best able to design a protocol that will address
your specific needs. We require that you receive a full medical checkup, including an
EKG and a blood liver panel from your primary care physician. For those 60 years of age
and older, we require an additional stress test to make sure that your body will be able to
handle the potential intensity of this treatment. We do not exclude those who have
Hepatitis C or have had Hepatitis A and/or B in the past, but we need to make sure that
the liver produces a specific enzyme that is needed to break down the ibogaine.
Medical History
Prior to treatment you will need to fill out an application providing a detailed medical
history and mental health assessment. We ask you to return the application form as soon
as possible so that we will have sufficient time to pass on any important information to
you to help you prepare for your treatment. For example, if you are taking an antidepressant
like Prozac, you will need to taper off it in the days preceding your treatment.
We will give you detailed instructions on how to do this. Similarly, if you have any heart
or liver conditions, we will need to accurately assess your situation in order help to
prepare you for a safe treatment.
Please answer all questions as accurately as possible, paying special attention to medical
and substance use profiles. Incomplete or false information can lead to unintended
consequences that may greatly effect your treatment and may lead to serious harm or
even death. Keep in mind that most, if not all, of the ibogaine related complications or
deaths have occurred because of heart problems, inaccurate reporting of dosages, and/or
use of opiates during or just after treatment.
Mental Health
It is important that we accurately know your mental health history. We do not exclude
those with pre-existing psychological disorders; however, those with psychotic and
schizophrenic disorders need to be evaluated, and we must be informed of any
medications you are currently taking.

Intake
After you arrive our MD will do a full physical evaluation, and one of our primary
facilitators will complete the intake process. We will review your application and make
sure you have followed the pre-treatment protocol. If we have any concerns regarding
your physical or mental conditions at this time we will update your tests at the local
hospital. It is important that you be honest in providing your health information and that
you follow the pre-treatment protocols we have outlined. We will do everything we can
to assist you in your comfort and safety, but, if we feel that you are not prepared, we will
not hesitate to postpone or cancel your treatment. This is to ensure that no unforeseen
complications arise. Your health is our primary concern.
Exclusions
We will not treat anyone with the following conditions:
• Active infections including ulcers, pneumonia, or skin abscesses
• History of blood clots or coagulation abnormalities
• Cancer
• Cerebellar dysfunction
• Chronic fainting
• Uncontrolled Diabetes
• Emphysema
• Epilepsy
• Crohn's Disease or Irritable Bowel Syndrome
• Gastric Ulcer
• Heart disease, heart murmurs, or heart arrhythmias
• Obesity
• Unmedicated high blood pressure
• Kidney Disease
• Liver disease including hepatitis with liver enzymes over four times normal
• Pregnancy
• Serious psychiatric disorders
• Stroke

Medical Screening
We require that you receive a full medical checkup, including an EKG and a blood liver
panel from your primary care physician. For those 60 years of age and older, we require
an additional stress test to make sure that your body will be able to handle the potential
intensity of this treatment. Please take this note to your primary care physician.
Dear Doctor:
The patient who has brought you this letter will undergo a detoxification with ibogaine at
our facility in San Francisco de Nayarit, Mexico. The contraindications for our treatment
are advanced liver disease with enzymes four times normal, heart disease, pneumonia,
morbid obesity, untreated diabetes, uncontrolled hypertension and hyper-coagulable
states. We would like you to perform a physical exam on the patient with particular
attention to the aforementioned contraindications and any other health abnormalities such
as infections, or other infirmity that we should be concerned about.
Please let us know if there are any health concerns that we should be aware of before the
patients arrival. We also require an EKG with interpretation paying attention to abnormal
QT intervals. We also need the following laboratory tests:
• Liver function tests
• CBC with differential
• Basic metabolic panel

EKG test complications!

Just a heads up, I just faxed down my EKG report to the clinic(heart/stress test I guess) They called me today and there may be some issues. I considered myself very healthy and active, but the last 2 years havent been good to my body. I still think it it could be a safe treatment options, taken the proper precautions.

I certainly didnt think there would be any issues with my test results?

I found that I didn't have the courage to do it.....
Too terrified of dying
Read too many reports of other people's deaths from ibogaine

http://www.myeboga.com/fatalities.html

http://www.ibogaine.co.uk/info.htm

Some of the pages I found when researching, that mentioned the deaths associated with ibogaine. When I was about to take it, I felt like my body was extremely weak (from not eating much due to anxiety) and I was afraid that my vital organs would fail. I was too terrified of the possibility so I opted out... who knows what might have happened if I had had the courage... :/

how hard is this stuff to find in the US? i honestly don't have the money to get down to mexico... if i do some searching around, am i likely to find some help or is it very rare? i've heard rumors of an "ibogaine underground" but i'm skeptical...

Wait, who has died from ibogaine?

I don't know.

I do know, however, that NMDA antagonists, including ketamine, DXM, and (here's the kicker) ibogaine, cause a loss of tolerance to opioids, viz. heroin. So, since ibogaine would cause an opiate addict to lose tolerance, if they attempted to dose during a trip, they would very likely overdose. Heroin is dangerous enough if you know your tolerance, worse if you've just had it ripped away from you by the most powerful dissociative known.

Tabernanthe orientalis (Ervatamia orientalis), Tabernanthe pubescen, Tabernaemontana species, Peschiera echinata and Voacanga africana, Voacanga schweinfurthii var. puberula and others. I am not sure if any of these have any significant amount of ibogaine...certainly in a few, ibogaine is just a minor alkaloid. Some are psychoactive (Voacanga africana) but what role ibogaine plays (if any) is not known.

I listened to a This American Life show where they chilled with a guy who runs an underground clinic in the u.s. and he would go and meet with people a week before, then a day before, chill with them for like a day to make sure they don't do any more drugs, then go to a hotel room and start the Ibogaine doses.
Thanks for jogging my memory -- I was doing research on Ibogaine at the time so this episode was so vivid I thought I saw it (but I guess I was just visualizing -- and wishing I knew how to contact this guy) -- I had called a clinic in the Caribbean a few years ago and it was $4000 -- but that may have been 4 years ago. I kicked VERY recently using fentanyl then suboxone but I know a good LSD trip would assist me on my road to recovery ;) But I always found the stories about people getting "clean" on Ibogaine intriguing...

I was treated with it Saturday. Everything said about it is true and then some.  This ain't kiddy stuff so do some thorough research before making your decision. I consider it the granddaddy of all hallucinogens. I can see how it can help with food disorders, ocd (I'm not fidgety like I used to be nor do I crack my knuckles, back, neck anymore), post traumatic stress, depression, and pretty much any psychological disorder. I can see that it would also greatly help those with physical afflictions. The week after taking it is very tough. I found marijuana has helped A LOT so far during this time. Alcohol especially seems such a dumb intoxicant now. It changes you in a very positive way. It makes your behavior change for the better by fixing one's perspectives. Also, I've discovered that marijuana enhances the Ibogaine effect of not wanting to partake in a destructive life style...it's hard to explain how. Ibogaine has changed my life.

I was treated with it Saturday. Everything said about it is true and then some.  This ain't kiddy stuff so do some thorough research before making your decision. I consider it the granddaddy of all hallucinogens. I can see how it can help with food disorders, ocd (I'm not fidgety like I used to be nor do I crack my knuckles, back, neck anymore), post traumatic stress, depression, and pretty much any psychological disorder. I can see that it would also greatly help those with physical afflictions. The week after taking it is very tough. I found marijuana has helped A LOT so far during this time. Alcohol especially seems such a dumb intoxicant now. It changes you in a very positive way. It makes your behavior change for the better by fixing one's perspectives. Also, I've discovered that marijuana enhances the Ibogaine effect of not wanting to partake in a destructive life style...it's hard to explain how. Ibogaine has changed my life.

That's really great! :) You said you took it Saturday... just make sure you always work to keep what you learned a part of your life. The days and even weeks directly after an experience seem to so easy, but inevitably you will start to revert to "normal", and the same parts of your life that got you to start abusing drugs and making unhealthy lifestyle choices will be there. Ibogaine is perhaps the most powerful tool for jumpstarting a positive change in your life, but it's still going to be work to maintain it.

Stay strong. :) <3

That's really great! :) You said you took it Saturday... just make sure you always work to keep what you learned a part of your life. The days and even weeks directly after an experience seem to so easy, but inevitably you will start to revert to "normal", and the same parts of your life that got you to start abusing drugs and making unhealthy lifestyle choices will be there. Ibogaine is perhaps the most powerful tool for jumpstarting a positive change in your life, but it's still going to be work to maintain it.

Stay strong. :) <3

Thanks, that definitely seems to be the case. It is easy now, but I can see how earlier circumstances can eventually encroach on my new lifestyle. I don't feel an antidepressant is necessary anymore (at least for now). Those Effexor withdrawals were hellish indeed, but one can't be on antidepressants during Ibogaine exposure. The results can be fatal.

After taking the Ibogaine, something inside me makes me want do a lot (which is great b/c I've always been lazy). Like I feel a desire to go for walks (exercise in general), create music, even clean. I wonder if my mind is giving me a metaphorical hint through my want to clean house. Anyway, It's awesome, I used to have nightmares plague my every night, but since taking Ibogaine, I haven't had a single bad dream. I used to have bad night sweats too. So bad that some people would think I pissed myself during the night. Now I don't even have them anymore. I wake up and my clothes are actually dry.
There's not enough words to describe what all has been uprooted, pruned, and replanted. I feel a new being entirely.

Last edited:
It is believed that after consuming Ibogaine, the metabolite, noribogaine, remains in the body for months.

Anyone have any relevant data supporting this?