• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ibogaine/Iboga Thread

How recent does a EKG have to be for providers to deem it valid? 6 months I guess? and how long do I need to spend on short acting opiates?

I'm saying that the people who have real world experience giving ibogaine to addicts say you need to be on a short-acting opiate, no suboxone, no methadone, and time release is not a good idea....if anything all ibogaine practitioners universally say to not take the ibogaine until WD symptoms set in...and obviously with a time-release opiate that is going to result in a good 12 hours between getting the ibogaine and the last dose....a good 12 hours for reconsidering or letting fear get the best of one...so draw your own conclusions. So, now it's not that ibogaine doesn't 'work' on time released opiates...it's that the people with experience providing opiates say you should be on a short-acting opiate in the days leading up to ibogaine. You get it now?

I am not an ibogaine practitioner so I am only going by what those who are...say and recommend.

So your saying time release meds like MS-Contin are even difficult for Iboga to help the addict? so Iboga only helps with heroin and non-time release pain killers?

I went to Canada and did the Ibogaine treatment. I was using black tar all day/everyday. I waited till I was in minor W/d's took the first dose of ibogaine and within 30 min the w/d's were gone. Two days later I was back on my feet dope-free! %)

That's a big testimony. The kind that perks my ears up along with all the other good info. I'm way more open to the possibilities now. Before I kind of stuck ibogaine in the same category as using LSD for alcoholics. Gaining insight to get better. But there seems to be a lot more going on with ibogaine.

On a similar note I have seen how Salvia helps withdrawal a bit for me. I can actually almost pinpoint the slight kappa activity in morphine and see how Salvia works too. The daydreaming feeling like you are speaking to people type trance activity in both.

^Are you forgetting the whole cell-rebuilding/receptor-resetting thing? On top of that you have the most powerful experience one can have. If you're really having troubles then it could be worthwhile to ask around a bit on a dedicated Ibogaine forum for experiences and the like. It's good to explore your options, no?

Short acting opiates are also time released ones too. I know they are different to methadone and suboxone but whether its instant or time release am assuming they are virtually the same.. Taking instant release opiates regularly can still result withdrawals after 12 hours or so, I do not personally see much difference there.. I cannot just turn to instant release short acting opiates from long acting opiods such as the subutex, it will take me a long time to stabilize and give me some withdrawals, whereas time release opiates can make the transition easier. You can always use immodium or something else for a day or 2 for sao withdrawals before doing the Ibogaine

Also Ibogaine doesn't do it for everybody from what I heard and read, some heroin users still felt shabby after Iboga and some short acting opiate users still feel some withdrawals creep up a week or 2 later, so I think it's all trial and error here. One methadone user I know still suffered typical methadone withdrawals couple of weeks after doing Ibogaine in the Netherlands, then got hit with anxiety and depression, she relapsed back on the methadone...Am going to keep my ears and eyes open about this. I agree with others who talk about being objective about experiences, nothing is guaranteed and nothing is a quick fix, we all have to put in hard work and go through hard times to get clean. Someone mentioned here a nothing is like a switch which all of a sudden re-wires and re-sets your brain, it will take time recovering. For many people the withdrawals aren't always the main problem but the post acute stuff, I think thats why many still relapse after Ibogaine because they find it hard to deal with the post acute withdrawals. I know I can handle many physical symptoms, not sure about the aftermath.

I may just go low on my subutex and see how I react, if I feel the need to on time release MS-Contin for several months then I will do so, and use other comfort meds to wean off those, rather then flood with Ibogaine. Or just order the low doses of Ibogaine to help the acute stuff. I know for certain I do not need any psychological experience or waking up dreams, I never had a bad child hood and never had major issues in my life, hell I was not even regular drug user nor used drugs for long as many people on methadone and subutex.. I do not have cravings and have no desire to chase a high, or else I would have done so by now, My life is going good, much better then many non-drug users, so I can't really complain, and I don't think I need Ibogaine for those reasons..

I know a lot has to do with personality, having a decent personality can only speed up recovery and make it more doable, a practitioner I was in-contact with said many of her patients do not have the best personalities in the world and which have nothing to do with their drug habit, which is one of the reasons why many drug users come to look for Ibogaine. hoping to change their out look on life and personality... I truly do not need this at all. My only goal is to get off subutex.. Am not into all that stuff about life after death, spiritual, meeting ancestors in visions and psychoactive meds, don't believe in it at all.. I truly believe I got far in life of not having or believing in views/beliefs like that, just makes you go crazy thinking about it. .. For now I intend to continue with my tapering.

Thank you for your advice guys, do appreciate it.

Last edited:
The practitioners I have spoken with admitted there really isn't any evidence whether Ibogaine re-sets or re-wires the brain, or else every single person who has done Ibogaine would have verified that. It could be just like having dreams except seem more realistic, especially those with issues and low self esteem issues, or had a terrible upbrining, or it could make you fresh after an Ibogaine session but then revert back to the same mental state before doing your session, like a placebo someone said. We don't really know how Ibogaine works on the receptors either, well that is what I was told..Isn't it similar to the Weismaan method/instant release Vivtrol? Revia it's called or Naltrexone, where it takes off the drugs from your receptors except you do not go through a dream state.

Uhhhh no. ^^^^^^^^^^^

I love it how people who have no clue what iboga does because they have never taken it act like they know what iboga does. Even the experts agree they are still learning.

Universal_General said:
like a placebo someone said. We don't really know how Ibogaine works on the receptors either, well that is what I was told.
It clearly isn't a placebo, since it reduces self-administration of morphine and cocaine in rats who presumably are quite confused about just what the hell has been injected into them, and that's also of course independent of any intention to quit going into their trip. I'm not familiar with the physiological evidence for the "resetting" of receptors though.

Is it true even though Ibogaine can help withdrawals tremendously but it can't really help PAWS? and PAWS is part of recovery with the brain dealing with no opiates? I just got off chatting to another practitioner (very reliable and experienced) and she said that PAWS might be lessened with Ibogaine but you still need to go through it at some stage. Ibogaine is pretty wonderful for the initial withdrawals but the aftermath is something the person has to deal with themselves.. The Ibogaine tends to wear off and then recovery starts.. She also said boosters are merely to help with the lingering acute withdrawals rather then PAWS.. Just want anybody to clarify this.

There is no evidence Iboga resets receptors at all. It doesn't work for everyone, we don't know why.
There's not much difference between instant release and modified release morphine as far as Iboga is concerned, modified release is just plain old instant wrapped up in wax, when it comes to elimination and half life the difference is negligible.
It's the synthetic long actings it struggled with, methadone, subs, fentanyl, laam.

If you're not looking for a psychospiritual experience UG then you could microdose through
Any withdrawals at the end of the taper. I've tapered rights down to 0.02mg (slivers) before and walked off pretty easily. I'd not heard of paws back then either. Maybe that helped.
I remember shitting bricks I was going to go into full blown wd when I dropped that last bit, I didn't of course it was just like any other drop. I did get pretty depressed for about a year after though.

Morning glory, I know of three Iboga deaths so far this year in the states. Also the first study you find if you google 'ibogaine facts' has some stats from long term patients. It certainly shows better results than traditional rehab but only marginally.
If you subscribe to the mindvox email list you should recall them too.

Two of those deaths were from people going against a providers explicit advice and taking huge amounts of HCL on their own with an inexperienced sitter.

Btw the ibo universe!! Etc groups you were posting in asking for info on deaths are run by providers who will make an effort not to have stuff like no of deaths posted in their groups. I know of three groups run by underground providers and the '!!!' One is one of them. I don't post in them anymore after watching years of unethical behaviour go on in them.

If you're after more realistic and experienced answers then mindvox or eboka are the places to go looking

EKG should be as recent as possible UG. If you're going for a flood it's in your interest to make sure it is. A stress EKG is better and if possible you want a doctor to look over it.

Ibo in 'overdose' causes bradycardia which basically leads to hypoxia and brain death. It can all be treated (fluids/adrenaline) if caught early enough which means monitoring.

Looking back I really took my life in my hands flooding myself off methadone with no monitoring equipment. But I took a calculated risk. I'd never suggest anyone else do the same.

All this 'receptor resetting' and 'cell rebuilding' rhetoric is nonsense and just feeds more into misunderstandings and over expectations of Iboga. They're theories, based on subjective experience.
All we know for sure is that generally speaking, Iboga in high doses attenuates acute opiate withdrawal.
Both subjective and objective symptoms disappear. Usually completely but most get a marked reduction in severity.
But, occasionally Iboga just doesn't seem to work for withdrawals, despite dose increases. It's hypothesised it may be genetic as Iboga is metabolised into nor-Ibogaine at the CYP2D6 enzyme and people can be 'low', 'normal' or 'super' converters which can play a big part in the success of the whole experience.

I wish it were as simple as 'it works for everyone and if it didn't you or you're provider did something wrong' but it isn't.

Good information Sids. How long were you on the subs for? I have already been on them for 7 years (way to damn long) but was not on high crazy ass doses as some out there. Was the depression linked to the subbies? or general life depression? I didn't know tapering off subs will still make one depressed (if its not related to chemical imbalances).

Does Iboga work similar to rapid detox where you are given naltrexone or revia.vivotrol? am thinking what if I shaved half of naltrexone cap and took it after a week or 2 weeks from quitting subs, perhaps speed up the symptoms? though I heard about precipitated withdrawal but I can always take few benzos for that, if it means speeding up withdrawals then isn't that a positive step in the right direction when it comes to recovering from withdrawals?

The depression is also what I am fearing the most, I have never really been depressed before so I do not know how it will be for me.

Can I use HCL Ibogaine to microdose? I heard that brand of Iboga is better for opiate detoxification.

How do providers monitor anything that goes with the brain? I know about blood pressure machines but did not know how practitioners can monitor the heart and brain, during treatment.

Do you have information on the place you went to do your Ibogaine treatment?
How many days did you say at the treatment for?
How much did it cost you?

Iboga

Has anyone here used Iboga as a tool to come off opiates, i have had a 6 year opiate habit, i have been told iboga is incredibly confronting but i am comfortable with that.

Just wondering if anyone else can share their experiences in general or specifically as a tool to come off an addictive drug

I've never done Iboga, but I heard you only use it once. Looks very effective.

Be careful who you'll choose for a trip-sitter, or whatever Iboga Master call themselves.

I've never done Iboga, but I heard you only use it once. Looks very effective.

Be careful who you'll choose for a trip-sitter, or whatever Iboga Master call themselves.

I have a friend who is a doctor who said he can monitor my blood pressure and stuff lke that to ensure all is good, he said it is very introspective but has almost an 80% success rate with opiate users, he has tried it just for experimental purposes and said it is the most confronting psychedelic he has used

Seems interesting. I heard a podcast a while back with Joe Rogan in it that talked about the Iboga trip being like having the answers to everything... He also said it was like there was a big search bar and he could lookup any answer he wanted. Sounds like promising effects, especially for one addicted to opiates.