• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy HPPD Thread

Exercise def helps me.... Unfortunately I trashed my leg mountainbiking, so I've had over a year off. I'm gonna try swimming I think though cheers for reminding me!!. I'm pretty sure the antipsychotics are increasing the visuals with added mania but I can't be certain yet, it could just be that now I've started opening up about it so I'm more aware!

Yeah its nice to not feel alone with this :) I can guarantee you though there are tons of us out there!
Because all my problems hit in one go (about a year after taking acid but still hitting everything else hard) I didn't put it down to Hppd but thought I was loosing it big time, that DID make me loose it big time :D
Weird I'm wide awake now feeling off as I have the most fucked dreams, I'm not sure if its another remnant of the halluconigens but my dreams are so insane and trippy when I wake up from them I feel in such a state its like I can't get back to reality :/
Imsomnia is hard with Hppd man, lack of sleep will really fuck with your brain, how's the olanzopine going? I have not heard of it before and I'm surprised your doc didnt put you on antidepressants too..
Swimming is great, its about the only sport I can do now and really shills me out - although my leg is so fucked I go round in circles (not much fun when I'm trying to swim in lanes!)
All the best guys, having a forum like this here really helps, there's nobody else I know who understands this shit in the real world...

how's the olanzopine going? I have not heard of it before and I'm surprised your doc didnt put you on antidepressants too..
Olanzipine, ummm not sure, epilim(sodium valporate) got added in last week and I do feel more 'balanced' since then (as per PM he's treating me for poss bi-polar, probably from years of coping and the amount of drugs/booze I did to cope!!! Been on anti-depressants (venlafaxine and mirtazapine these days, prozac made me nutso!!!) so long I forget to mention them, they def stop that 'fucking hell how shit' black dark times.
I'll def try swimming then, thanks erbie and whoever else mentioned it.

Worst symptom - "Am I losing my mind???" - I have to keep telling myself I'm not and have coped for 20 yrs with this. I spoke to a mate the other night and actually opening this up to my friends is a MASSIVE relief, he came off smack say 8 years ago and had hep C so he totally related to the OK I'm off the X which is hard enough but the dealing with the Y fuuuuuuuucccckkkkkkk!!

*erbie I've pm'd you my contact details it'd be really good to chat properly

The Art of Seeing by Aldous Huxley. Reading this book can help to minimize and ultimately conquer HPPD
Herbs that may help are Ginkgo biloba and Passiflora incarnata

It's certainly a book to help train yourself to see well again :)

I think my HPPD came mainly from regular LSD in my mid-teens over eighteen months. My heroin use over five years, many years later, actually made it worse for me (the HPPD was bad for several years afterwards but for the years I was on heroin it was also bad). Reading this book about two years after developing HPPD, which persisted admittedly, helped me cope by my seeing better and also reading better which was made difficult by the condition. I only came across the term HPPD a few years ago but my symptoms were actually noted and diagnosed as 'LSD poisoning' several years earlier. Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder is a fine description.

Strive towards being healthy and relaxed with an eye to evolving intelligently and successfully. :)

I'm kinda broke but I've put it on wishlist (thanks mania you've helped m blow all my cash again!!)

I have increasedmy exercise and improved my diet and am feeling the positives, I guess when I 'owned up to this' it threw me a bit of a loop (that said its 4am!!!)

I have used several tryptamine psychedelics in the last few years but it has been twenty years since my last LSD trip. I am largely healed from HPPD and this is mainly since I became more healthy and paid more attention to diet and exercise which helps with relaxation and well-being. You can borrow The Art of Seeing from a public library perhaps. For those who are wondering, this book was first published in 1942 long before Huxley's own psychedelic experiences and is concerned with seeing well without glasses; it can also help to heal and deal with the visual disturbance of HPPD.

Hey folks, I was wondering if someone here could take a look at the thread I posted recently and tell me if that sounds like HPPD. I have some after effects from DXM and I'm wondering if it's HPPD, neurotransmitter depletion or what. Thanks a lot.

No you don't have HPPD. Look at the more severe cases in this thread, those people have HPPD. That snow is just a visual anomaly and some people (I.E me) are born with that.

I think the diagnosis of psychosis is rather extreme for the symptoms you describe, but your doctor is quite probably a real doctor and he could have his reasons. Have you gone to the psychiatrist yet?

No you don't have HPPD. Look at the more severe cases in this thread, those people have HPPD. That snow is just a visual anomaly and some people (I.E me) are born with that.

I think the diagnosis of psychosis is rather extreme for the symptoms you describe, but your doctor is quite probably a real doctor and he could have his reasons. Have you gone to the psychiatrist yet?

Not yet, still waiting on the appointment.

Is it possible my symptoms are a minor case? My visual disturbances are very minor compared to some of the cases in this thread or elsewhere, but the visual snow and dissociation seems to fit the bill for HPPD to me, and it was catalyzed by the DXM experience -- I never noticed visual snow or floaters beforehand.

There are alternative diagnoses, especially because it was DXM, but I'm just trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks a lot for your post! :)

1) How many times have you tripped?
300-500 Sessions (estimated)

2) Did you experience HPPD after a bad trip?
No.

3) On which substances did HPPD become apparent?
Methoxetamine. Before however DXM / Ketamine had been used moderately.

Last edited:
I have taken 6-apb 700 mg within 2 days without dream. Then, I have awoken with sleepy paralysis and anxiety several days later. I have overcome fastly with derealization and anxiety. Unfortunately, everything it has returned 2 months later along with heavy hppd. I have strong movement and breathing of objects especially text, after images and trails, ghosting, visual snow, floaters and starbursting.

My frame of mind is all right, depression has fallen off. My worst problem now is palinopsia. It's at the point now where I can't ignore it. I see it every second of every day, and it's ruining my life. I'm scared of it getting worse and leaving me effectively disabled. Does anyone have any experience of constant positive afterimages? It looks like on this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va4KhD3WemQ

I would like to ask you about alkohol? Does it make your symptoms permanently worse? Keep well ;)

Hypothetically yes, but likely no. Either way it's better to abstain from all drugs including alcohol.

Hey guys, thought most of you would find this interesting. Long article in the New Yorker (!) on HPPD. Enjoy. http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/elements/2013/05/a-trip-that-lasts-forever.html

'The more you focus on the condition, the more it spirals out of control... so sufferers must practice letting go'

Excellent quotation from an excellent article. For me, HPPD is a physical as well as psychological problem and so are the solutions: psychologically, by not fixating on the visual disturbances as much with all the ruminating this entails, and physically, in terms of exercise, diet and herbal medicine. HPPD presents a real challenge at times but can be overcome.

1) 50-100 times, MDMA, Ketamine, acid, shrooms, DOB, AMT, DMT, MDA etc.......

2) Yes, i blacked out on acid loads and woke up with major anxiety, and everything was moving and swaying with patterns everywhere, i see geometric patterns and the floor moves , i can also make my vision green and red its hard to explain but lol
3) big LSD doses (10 hits at once) ketamine, DOB, MDA

Do I have HPPD?
My eyes are sensitive to light, and light's have like a tail following them, like if i'm driving and i see headlights in front of me, there is a line from the lights coming towards my eye.
This is always there, not occasionally.

Not sure if this makes any real sense but after my first couple of trips on tryptamines, I started to get some symptoms of HPPD like being able to see visual patterns on my carpet that weren't there, long after tripping. Since the time I tripped on 25i-NBOMe, all the symptoms have subsided. It may be coincidental but I thought I would share this for anyone who wishes to investigate. Keep safe!