• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy HOT-7 Thread

So maybe a 20mg oral test is in order before I start taking it to real psychedelic levels??

i found 20mg orally to be pretty boring, not much going on. i tend to dose 25mg.

thats not my logic our logic is we have all tested 2ct7 infact that was the first RC i ever treid and i believe it is hot-7 bc i still have 2g pre ban 2ct7 and its totally diff than my hot-7. my supplier has ALL 2cs he makes no extra profit selling it to me as another 2c and to Faggot why would i pay $140 for a test when until last time ive only bought 5g or 8g at a time, its just not worth paying $140 when im only buying 8g that i have all pre sold ....... bc if it really came down to it someone just doesnt have to buy it they are really that concerned ya know . if i was buying 50g or more then yea a couple sales could justify testing it but i have a family, job, a child. i need my $ for bills lol

Last edited:
every one ive sold it to tend to agree anything less than 25mg is a waste, you will have wished u took more. i had a guy want a refund bc he swore it took him huge doses to feel effects. he also told me he dosed 30mg 2ce, which is alot IMO so id say hes just hard head. ive had a couple vendors i let test it say it was magical and amazing blah blah you get it.

Well I just dosed 40mgs orally and may bump a little 2C-C if I'm not going hard enough. Will come back with the report in a day or so.

i found 20mg orally to be pretty boring, not much going on. i tend to dose 25mg.

thats not my logic our logic is we have all tested 2ct7 infact that was the first RC i ever treid and i believe it is hot-7 bc i still have 2g pre ban 2ct7 and its totally diff than my hot-7. my supplier has ALL 2cs he makes no extra profit selling it to me as another 2c and to Faggot why would i pay $140 for a test when until last time ive only bought 5g or 8g at a time, its just not worth paying $140 when im only buying 8g that i have all pre sold ....... bc if it really came down to it someone just doesnt have to buy it they are really that concerned ya know . if i was buying 50g or more then yea a couple sales could justify testing it but i have a family, job, a child. i need my $ for bills lol

So because it's not 2CT-7 it must be HOT-7. Right.

I give up :|

I am beginning to believe this is not HOT-7 at all and may in fact be riddled with toxic impurities. Will do some boiling point, impurity tests in the morning and report back.

As far as the toxicity is concerned I have been experiencing hepatic/abdominal inflammation and pain, extreme anxiety and gastric pain since dosing 56mgs on Friday night.

For all those in possession of this compound tread lightly, a 56mg dose produced a light ++ with 4 days of extreme pain after aborting the trip. No mental freak out, just fear for my bodily functions.

God damn this is a shitstorm....gimme some time to recheck the HOT-7 entries and try to get back to you guys! Sorry!

I've done a few preliminary tests and it's boiling point was not where it should be, and when put on a hot pan as psoodynm suggested the material split into 3 seperate substances. I've never observed that phenomenon, but as a non-chemist I cant confirm that it is indicative of anything besides it not being a pure substance.

I took the liberty of reposting this from the other thread, for posterity.

Finally some one does some testing on this so called "HOT-7" that has been circulating lately. As I've already said, something just didn't sound right with it, and now it seems I might have been right.

best wishes, Entheo, hope you'll feel better soon.

I just spent a good amount of time writing this up on another forum, so I thought that I would also post it here. I did originally post it on a site that doesn't allow Human Consumption talk. I apologize, it's written kind of sloppy and it is way past my bedtime and I don't feel up to translating it at the moment. I will later if it's an issue, but I don't think that you folks will have a hard time figuring out what I mean :)

I've rather enjoyed researching HOT-7 myself and it is up there as one of my favorites to research. I'm personally just concerned because nobody seems to be 100% sure as to whether or not it is HOT-7. I've gotten mixed results myself. I have ordered it twice with about a month or 2 between so I am unsure whether it came from the same synth or not. Here are my results

Order 1:
Test 1 - My lab partner and I ran tests at the same time. She ran 20mg through her machine and I ran 25mg through my machine. It took 2-3 hours to start reacting and it reached it's peak activity in another hour. My machine ran smoothly throughout, her machine experienced slight external distress but nothing that the machine couldn't handle. It was a very soft reaction, it didn't react very visually in either machine, but it did produce some interesting results that were very pleasurable to observe

Test 2 - I put 36mg into my machine. I started noticing a subtle reaction about 1 hour in, it was an additional hour before the reaction started picking up speed. The reaction reached it's peak about 3 hours after beginning the experiment. The reaction was similar to Test #1, but was a fair bit stronger. Again, not very visual, my machine was running smoothly. Another experiment that was elating to observe

This next experiment is the one that is making me wonder, along with the current discussion on BL

Order 2:
My lab partner and I again ran tests at the same time. We are both having trouble remembering exactly how much material we used. We know that she tested 25-30mg and I tested anywhere from 25-35mg. I believe she used 30mg and I used 35mg, but I can't say with complete certainty. Something inside me is telling me that it was a slightly smaller amount. My lab partner actually ran a test with what I had remaining from my first order, the same batch that was used for the first 2 tests. For this experiment I used the newest batch that I had received. Here are our results:

Her test-
Still not a very visual reaction. It was similar to her other time testing HOT-7 but this time the reaction was stronger and she had a much more enjoyable time observing it. She doesn't have much to say about this experiment except that she had a really good time observing it

My test-
After having a breakfast that had a high Tyramine content, I put the HOT-7 into my machine. About 40 minutes later I started noticing a reaction that was not very pleasant to observe. The condition of my machine got worse and worse. About 1 hour in my machine started spewing discharge. My machine was running horribly and I was having a very unpleasant time observing it and trying to repair it. My machine continued to spew it's contents everywhere for at the very least for an hour, probably closer to 2. The reaction was gaining strength throughout my machines malfunctioning, but luckily I was able to repair my machine enough to get it running properly, although I was on edge for about another hour about my machine releasing its contents again. So a quick re-cap if I wasn't clear: It took 40 minutes for the reaction to begin. 1 hour in my machine started backfiring. It took 1.5 hours for the reaction to reach it's peak and I was finally able to get my machine running smoothly again 2 hours in. This time the reaction was very visual. With HOT-7 my reactions have always shown some visual activity, but very little. Observing this reaction threw me off guard quite a bit as I wasn't expecting the reaction to be so strong. It was impossible for me NOT to observe the visual reaction this time unlike the other times where I had to go looking for the visual aspect of the reaction. Still recovering from the earlier incident of my machine breaking down and the completely unexpected visual reaction caused me a lot of confusion. Instead of putting the reagent into my machine and then going about my day like I normally do I decided to go lay down in bed until my machine started running properly. My machine actually had quite a bit of difficulty during this time remembering what it's function was or what it was programmed to do. Luckily my machine has pretty resilient circuitry, so I was able to enjoy observing this part of the experiment. After about 2 hours of laying in bed and observing the reaction I decided to walk about the house. The reaction was still at it's peak at this time. I didn't pay very close attention to the duration or time during this experiment, but I would have to say that the peak reaction lasted almost 4 hours. After that the reaction smoothly slowed down. The first 2 hours of this experiment were miserable to observe. My machine has never reacted so violently during an experiment. I believe that I had such difficulty running a smooth experiment due to my breakfast. My memory is fuzzy, but I could have possibly taken some medicine which doesn't react well with Tyramine, leading to further difficulties getting my machine running properly. So another quick timeline recap (All from T+0:00): 40 minutes for reaction to begin, 60 minutes for the discharge to begin coming out of my machine, 90 minutes for the peak reaction to begin, 2 hours before I am able to get the discharge to stop, 6 hours before the reaction started to settle, and I'd guess about 10 hours before the experiment was completely over.
Overall it was a pleasant test to observe

I feel like that report was all over the place and I apologize. I am fairly certain that the first batch that I received was indeed HOT-7. The results from that batch seemed to match up with other researchers and matched up with the only literature on this chemical. The single test that I have ran so far from batch #2 caused a much more visual reaction than HOT-7 is 'supposed' to, took less time to react and the reaction seemed to last a little bit longer. I have a feeling that a reaction with HOT-7 isn't very visual unless a large amount is tested, similar to 5-MeO-DALT. At this point I am unsure whether to believe that this particular batch is HOT-7 and my machine just had an unusual reaction or if it could possibly be a related chemical such as 2CT7, or maybe even possibly a mix. I have never tested 2CT7 but I have tested 2CT2. The results from my 3rd test seemed to lie somewhere in between the reactions of 2CT2 and HOT-7. There can be many variables involved and I know that there is no way to know for sure without getting my sample tested, but I'm just hoping to stir some conversation. Whatever it is is a fantastic chemical to analyze. Having a doubt as to what it is really bothers me though, I'd like to know what I'm putting into my machine.

Last edited:
@ SuperPsych: maybe TR material? You could ready it for submission. :)

About Entheo's posts on analysis and his personal experiences: I applaud his inquisitive approach but let's not jump the gun. I'm not sure under what conditions HOT-7 may degrade from the N-hydroxylamine into the associated oxime. And that is just one example.
I am not trying to prove that HOT-7 is a safe substance but there are too many factors involved with entheo's health problems and we shouldn't try to draw too many conclusions on those preliminary tests. I'm not sure why boiling points were tested instead of melting points for example and it may be that it has to be done under dry or inert conditions.

It's possible HOT-7 is about as safe as 2C-T-7 (which strictly speaking doesn't seem perfectly safe either though), but trying to vape HOT-7 or processing it differently produces something like the oxime which may not be safe at all. There could possibly be reversible oxidative damage. Also the oxime may be less soluble which would explain the phase separation.

I've been told others who used the same batch were basically fine.

My point again is not that HOT-7 is safe, but that we should take it slow analyzing the information we have. It is probably best not to use any other ROA than oral which by the way I also advocate with all 2C-T-X compounds (even though the N-hydroxylamine substitution doesn't have that much to do with the phen having thio substitution or not). For the thio phens metabolic or pharmacokinetic differences may apply that could potentially change toxicity and safety drastically. These may not apply for the other phens. And this may be smart to consider whenever there are rather peculiar functional groups present.

I am going to be receiving a 50mg sample of this soon, I am debating whether to try a 25mg oral dose, or try less than that and do it rectally, as usually rectal admin reduces bodyload for me. I am going to read this whole thread, but does anyone with experience have any opinions on what I just said? I want to achieve a full-scale trip and write a report for it, so keep in mind I need to be able to do while still approaching with caution.

I just want to mention that I've been reading your trip reports for what feels like most of my psychedelic career. You've done a great service to the community with the sheer number of well-written, informative trip reports. Not to step on your dick or anything, but thanks, Xorkoth.

imo, 18-22mg would be a quality initial experience, after allergy test of course. This is probably a bit on the high side of things, but this has been a pretty smooth chemical from the testing I've done of it. Slight tremor reminiscent of other thio pea's. Seems to have a breakthrough point where the visual elements become more pronounced. The chemical has a steep dose-respose curve above the 30mg mark, and I've had several experiences that make it hard for me to quantify exactly where it is the magic begins. This chemical has some truly vision-souping possibilities, but it's also inconsistent in producing such experiences for me.

There's a bit of stimulation with this one, but nothing exceeding what I've noted on other pea's. Less so than 2c-i. Moreso than 2c-t-2. Cannot compare to t-7.

@per rectum doubts:
Maybe it works a lot better parenterally, or maybe not well at all. I think the 2C-T's can be weird (from what I read) if other ROAs are used but I truthfully have no idea if it is because of different metabolism (first-pass and all) or just high peak plasma levels.

Thank you very much madaC, on all counts. :) I'm always happy to hear that what I contributed has helped people. During 2006-2008 I felt I was on a spiritual mission to communicate what I dd, so since coming back, whenever I hear comments like yours I smile broadly because it gives validation to my wonderful memories.

@ SuperPsych: maybe TR material? You could ready it for submission. :)

I've been meaning to write up a TR on it for awhile, but I lack motivation when it comes to that unfortunately.

imo, 18-22mg would be a quality initial experience, after allergy test of course. This is probably a bit on the high side of things, but this has been a pretty smooth chemical from the testing I've done of it. Slight tremor reminiscent of other thio pea's. Seems to have a breakthrough point where the visual elements become more pronounced. The chemical has a steep dose-respose curve above the 30mg mark, and I've had several experiences that make it hard for me to quantify exactly where it is the magic begins. This chemical has some truly vision-souping possibilities, but it's also inconsistent in producing such experiences for me.

There's a bit of stimulation with this one, but nothing exceeding what I've noted on other pea's. Less so than 2c-i. Moreso than 2c-t-2. Cannot compare to t-7.

I think the perfect starting dose for somebody experienced with psychedelics is 22mg personally. 22mg is on the weak side for me, I need 30mg+ to really get off. Everything in your post is pin point with my experiences. The visuals become much more pronounced for me above 30mg. My 35mg experience with this chemical was extremely visionary and it completely split my ego. That particular experience wasn't very pleasant, but I do personally find this to be a magnificent compound. Very beautiful.

I find the stimulation similar as well. Much less stimulating than 2c-i and 2c-e for me, but more than 2c-t-2. With HOT-7 I am comfortable laying or sitting down, but I'd much rather be strolling around the house or through town cheerfully

Atlantis could you explain how you know this? I've been interested in this, I loved 2C-T-7 and wouldn't mind something similar. Seems like HOT-7 has quite a complicated history.

Yeah what proof do you have? The durations, effects, and doses of people who have taken both have been different. I read this whole thread and one poster made a vague comment saying it has been tested as 2c-t-7 and never returned but after that post is when suspicion arised... there wasn't even any proof at all lol.

A very respected member of the community sent a sample into ED. ID# is 3100
As far as I know their was only one batch of 'hot-7' going around... Anyways if you believe what you have is hot-7 you should send it in for testing (for the benefit of the community). I have seen NO analysis reports stating this is real hot-7 and finally there is a report on this batch confirming it something other than advertised.

So CaptainKratom what proof do you have this is real hot-7?

I'm a bit confused, #3100 at ED was a white pill. I thought that the HOT-7 going around was in powder.