PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy HBWR/MGS/LSA Thread - Second Iteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
levictus said:
Hi guys,

I've tried various doses of HBWR seeds with other people. However, I've never tripped on them alone. I was thinking of eating 5-7 seeds by myself for a self analytical journey. I should have Xanax on me and if anything, I can probably get some friends to come over/join them if things start getting out of control.

Anyone have any experience of using HBWR seeds alone for self improvement?

I am guessing a solo trip can get really rough since HBWR seeds tend to have a very strong mental effect which can get extremely self analytical.

I really need to get that Xanax if I am going to trip...

In my opinion you should be 100% certain that you can handle the seeds alone, they gave me great trips while being alone, but I always kept a benzo around if things might become difficult. Read the good trip guide in the Drug FAQs forum here and only do this when everything is prepared (set, setting, etc)

Honestly if you are already thinking you'll have a rough trip you will most likely get one, I think it should be better to wait a week and try to stop worrying about the possible negative outcomes. I have taken LSA seeds 4 times now and each experience I had the same mental peace and no nausea at all. It's just how you prepare yourself for it IMHO. :)

BTW to the people saying I should write trip reports: I am working on them, but finding the right words in another language can be difficult so I need to do a lot of rewriting and translating. But I will have them ready one day :)

Rexeh said:
In my opinion you should be 100% certain that you can handle the seeds alone, they gave me great trips while being alone, but I always kept a benzo around if things might become difficult. Read the good trip guide in the Drug FAQs forum here and only do this when everything is prepared (set, setting, etc)

I think I will most probably be fine. I just want the Xanax just in case, you never know what might happen. I was just looking for more input on solo self analytical trips. I was hopping someone would have firsthand experiences with that kind of thing, maybe even with a larger dose.

Rexeh said:
Honestly if you are already thinking you'll have a rough trip you will most likely get one, I think it should be better to wait a week and try to stop worrying about the possible negative outcomes. I have taken LSA seeds 4 times now and each experience I had the same mental peace and no nausea at all. It's just how you prepare yourself for it IMHO. :)

I've done HBWR seeds mutliple times with excellent results. I've even tripped alone for a portion of one of my trips. I quite like the mental state as well. Overall I've had pretty positive experiences with HBWR. I just want to try the HBWR headspace on a solo trip. I think tripping solo can be a new type of experience, regardless of the exact psychedelic in question.

Rexeh said:
BTW to the people saying I should write trip reports: I am working on them, but finding the right words in another language can be difficult so I need to do a lot of rewriting and translating. But I will have them ready one day :)

Year trip reports can be tricky. It can be hard to portray the intensity of the psychedelic experiences. To a large extent, words don't do much justice to the psychedelic experience.

As side note, do you guys notice a slight difference in experiences between the Madagascan and Hawaiian strains? Because I found the Madagascan ones to be more mellow and less nauseating. The euphoric and emphatic elements also seemed less prominent. Or would this depend more on the age of the seeds? Although I have to say even the headspace seemed slightly different, more mellow, but still pretty intense.

I've only ever dosed LSA by myself. It's helped me learn a lot about my behavior, and has even 'unlocked' secrets that I didn't even know I was keeping from myself. Medium doses seem to be best for this... When I dose higher, the trip becomes less about me and more about the universe, or some other sense of divinity and awe.

uh, anyways, I haven't tried very many different "strains" of HBWR. I find morning glories are much more empathic and euphoric than HBWR. I enjoy myself more, and it helps me analyze interpersonal relationships better. That's not to say I don't value my HWBR experiences, but those were so 'out there' that there wasn't much to bring back to normal life. But I may have been overshooting the dose.

Actually, reading some of my trip reports ;) I realize I had sampled the Hawaaiian strain. I'm hoping to try the madagascar variety soon, but my expenses are rather tight right now.. prolly won't be able to try until late august.

As far as the age of the seeds, all I've noticed is a general lost of potency for the psychedelic effects as they get older... Although the physical cramping amines seem to degrade slower than the rest, unfortuenatly.

levictus said:
As side note, do you guys notice a slight difference in experiences between the Madagascan and Hawaiian strains? Because I found the Madagascan ones to be more mellow and less nauseating. The euphoric and emphatic elements also seemed less prominent. Or would this depend more on the age of the seeds? Although I have to say even the headspace seemed slightly different, more mellow, but still pretty intense.

The Wizard, our resident expert on HBWR, says that the madagascar variety are more visual, more euphoric, and less nauseating. It was his favorite variety. He hasn't posted in a while though. Perhaps he will see this and add something.

Lsa.

I absolutely love this drug.

I think it may have totally knocked me out of a major depression.

anyone else love this drug???

(btw, i consumed 10 HBWR)

KMK0420 said:
I absolutely love this drug.

I think it may have totally knocked me out of a major depression.

anyone else love this drug???

(btw, i consumed 10 HBWR)

Don't know about depressions, but HBWR definitely is a pretty unique substance. The way it allows you to mix and match elements of your identity is simply insane. I love HBWR.

It's about 15 hours since i dosed;

And life in general just "feels" better. I needed that...and it definately feels like a cross between a low-dose LSD and another feel-good substance (some say mdma)..

Either way, I'm definately doing this again. Giving it a good month or two before so tolerance wears off.

The best way i can explain it is tripping without the intense, knock-your-head-off visuals along with a good body feeling. You def have trippy thoughts, giggle, and some visuals, but the cool thing about LSA is that right before you would normally feel that intense rush on LSD, its like LSA gets to that point but doesnt overwhelm you, which is cool. Leaves for a much easier trip recovery..

KMK0420 said:
It's about 15 hours since i dosed;

And life in general just "feels" better. I needed that...and it definately feels like a cross between a low-dose LSD and another feel-good substance (some say mdma)..

Either way, I'm definately doing this again. Giving it a good month or two before so tolerance wears off.

The best way i can explain it is tripping without the intense, knock-your-head-off visuals along with a good body feeling. You def have trippy thoughts, giggle, and some visuals, but the cool thing about LSA is that right before you would normally feel that intense rush on LSD, its like LSA gets to that point but doesnt overwhelm you, which is cool. Leaves for a much easier trip recovery..

Funny. For me, HBW is much less feel-good than LSD. Can't say I've done them in the exact same setting though.

Mjäll said:
Funny. For me, HBW is much less feel-good than LSD. Can't say I've done them in the exact same setting though.

as we all know, hallucinogens/psychedelics affect people differently (dosage, that persons mindset, location, etc.) so that could be why, but towards the end of my trip i did get a little anxious (but that could be for two reasons, one being i did it at 1am-8am with no prior prep; i also have lower back pain that was bugging me.)

here's my personal opinion:

LSD: revamp and completely change all thoughts and perceptions
LSA: get a small "taste" of the perception changes LSD brings, but at the same time feels really good and not as intense as LSD (also, LSA is legal - but possible analog maybe?)

First time I did LSA, was as euphoric as some good MDMA. The next few times though, it got increasingly more dark and disturbing until I had a major freakout. It did me some good though; I finally got around to being medicated for depression and now, over a year and a half later, I'm good as new. ;)

as we all know, hallucinogens/psychedelics affect people differently (dosage, that persons mindset, location, etc.) so that could be why,

True, but with the psychedelics there seem to be things that groups of people find in common with a substance, at least until it changes on them.

Mr Blonde said:
First time I did LSA, was as euphoric as some good MDMA. The next few times though, it got increasingly more dark and disturbing until I had a major freakout. It did me some good though; I finally got around to being medicated for depression and now, over a year and a half later, I'm good as new. ;)

True, but with the psychedelics there seem to be things that groups of people find in common with a substance, at least until it changes on them.

I agree. My first time and lowest dose carried the most brilliant euphoria I've ever experienced. This was at a level with only very brief visual distortion.

Next times I dosed higher and it became more psychedelic and scary.

how much LSA is to much LSA? dose and frequency? general Qs.

well im getting ready to do my first LSA water extraction and i just have a few questions about it that i didnt see answered in the big MG/HBWR thread.

#1- what is your average dose in terms of grams of seeds. ive been told that about 10g will produce a effect with a similiar strength to two hits of LSD. sound about right? is this still true in a water extraction?

#2- about how many grams of seeds would you use to produce an effect to say 4 or 6 hits of LSD?

#3- how often is it safe to ingest LSA? i know one every other week is pretty safe with LSD, what the case with LSA?

#4- do you prefer water extraction or grounds seeds in a smoothie? any benefits to either one?

#5- any special tips or anything that synergizes extremely well with LSA? and ive gathered that MG seeds will give you a more stimulated trip while HBWR will be more of a relaxed, couch lock trip, sounds about right?

thanks for the info. merge into the big and dandy thread if you like mods.

I would just share my experience with you. I used 10 seeds, crushed them and ate them. The trip took me completely by surprise. Everything floated together, the music and the tv. Trust me, you do not want to see tigers and human bodies in tv in CSI, while psychedelic music is blasting in the backgground and you are tripping and doesn't know where you are. I swear those tigers were trying to come out of the tv and eat me, while those human bodies showed me how I would look after they were done with me. The LSA was trying to rip me ego out of my body, but I tried to resist and kept my "mind" in the real human world by keeping watching the tv. Bad idea. looking back now I sohuld have just let go and let the trip lead me. had to eat two clonazepam and six valeriana just to calm me down. Before that I was heading into a super badtrip.

Oh and somehow I got the idea it would be a good idea to shave some of my hair off on my trip. Hide your razormachine :D

Will try it again soon, just this time alone, in my own room. from my experience the extracted dose is aabout the same as normal seeds. Sorry for not anmswering all your questions but just thought I would share with you.

BTW: Don't know if this is your first psychedelic, but ANYTHING you read does not compare. You cannot know what it is before you experience it. I thought I knew it all, but the LSa surely put me in my place and showed me who's the boss.

Last edited:
1) LSA isn't the active psychedelic it's just a convenient label (it's actually substituted LSA derivatives. LSA itself is mostly sedative in action)

2) the level of active compounds in seeds varies quite wildly depending on genetics, growing conditions & time of harvest/age of seeds

Overestimate the dose/undersetimate the potency of the seeds and yes HBWR & other ergoline containing seeds can scare the living shit out of you with their intensity. If I have any advice it's grind them and have a small test dose so you know the average concn/dose of the mixture of ground seeds; this makes it easier to estimate the dose/effects you want & not overshoot/undershoot

fastandbulbous said:
2) the level of active compounds in seeds varies quite wildly depending on genetics, growing conditions & time of harvest/age of seeds

Overestimate the dose/undersetimate the potency of the seeds and yes HBWR & other ergoline containing seeds can scare the living shit out of you with their intensity. If I have any advice it's grind them and have a small test dose so you know the average concn/dose of the mixture of ground seeds; this makes it easier to estimate the dose/effects you want & not overshoot/undershoot
good advice. always start small with a tester dose when you get a new batch. i have gotten similarly strong effects from ~4 grams as i have had previously on ~10 grams of seeds from a different purchase.

it will never feel like 4-6 hits of LSD by the way. i find morning glory seeds feel kinda like the trip from a couple hits of acid or a few grams of shrooms, but it doesn't really cause the accompanying visuals like the aforementioned drugs (though it does cause some minor distortions). also, it tends to be sedating unlike acid, which is pretty stimulating.

i feel i should add, it always takes me 3-4 hours to reach full effects on MGS. don't redose after an hour thinking it's not doing anything. i have always just eaten finely ground seeds, the water extractions are said to be less trippy and more sedating. i usually puke, but my stomach usually settles by the time im actually tripping.

the water extractions are said to be less trippy and more sedating.

Should try using vodka (total alkaloid extract) or alcohol (leaves a lot of LSA behind) then evaporate it if you want more LSD like activity/feel

stirfry it will never feel like 4-6 hits of LSD by the way. i find morning glory seeds feel kinda like the trip from a couple hits of acid or a few grams of shrooms said:
What kind of visuals will you get by 4-6 hits of LSD? I have never tried it. The 10 HBWR seeds gave me alot of patterns on my jeans and arms, "lagging" images in the tv and very blurry vision when looking at normal things.

Read this thread, but can't find an answer to how long the tolerance last? I took 10HWBR seeds yesterday, can I trip next friday on the same dose or I will I have a big tolerance?

Status
Not open for further replies.