View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy HBWR/MGS/LSA Thread - Second Iteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does lose some potency, but the seeds are dirt cheap, and it's worth it (in my opinion anyway) to almost completely avoid the nausea.

Also, the tea bag does have a tendency to float. I usually use a spoon or my finger to keep it down and squish all the air bubbles out first.

Burpee is good to go, as is Martha Stewart brand. Until I started growing them, those are what I used, and those are the seeds I used to start my garden. I can't speak for Wedding Bells, but Pearly Gates and Flying Saucers are approximately as potent as Heavenly Blues. Those are all that I've tried. Oh, wait, that's not true. Grandpa Ott's are completely inactive.

Around how much potency would you guess is lost by the teabag extraction?

And although MG might be "dirt cheap" if one is using low doses, at dosage levels like I use it isn't that cheap a trip. MG Burpee seed packets average something like $1-$1.50 a packet and tend to contain 1 or 1.5 grams or something like that as I recall and I used 25 g last time I went with Burpee brand.

Do you find homegrown MG's to be a lot more potent than store bought?

Oh and by the way, people say acidifying the water you soak your MG seeds in with lemon juice increases the potency. Have you tried this?

Lastly, to the guy who wants to try combining Syrian Rue and MG- Make sure to look up the dietary restrictions online for what foods one can and can't combine with MAOI's as Rue is an MAOI. And stay away from combining drugs like stimulants, SSRI's or DXM with MAOI's. And take your Rue seeds a good hr. or 2 before you dose on MG's so that the MAOI effects have fully kicked in. Oh, and don't dose above 2-4 grams of Rue, as higher doses can become unpleasant and toxic feeling.

Yessiree, Thanks for the concern, but I've done a fair amount of experimentation with SR seeds with other psyches. Always makes for a much more profound experience with nearly everything I've combined them with.

ANON to OD....you may have been screwed.

Edit ... to PD

The potency loss is there, but not huge. I have no concrete figures, but I'd guess 20%? The cost factor is mitigated when you grow your own. Each plant usually yields 15-20g, at least, over the course of a year. Plant a whole seed packet and you'll have seeds to last you until next growing season, provided you use them wisely. I haven't noticed any difference in potency between my home grown seeds and store-bought; they keep really well as long as you don't grind the seeds until you're ready to use them, and keep them no warmer than room temp.

If you're making a batch of 25g at a time, you might consider putting it into two or three separate tea bags to increase the surface area. That's a good chunk of plant material to be making tea with, and I think past a certain point efficiency of the extraction decreases. It's worth a shot anyway, and it certainly can't hurt. I don't know, I've never made that much at a time.

I doubt that acidifying the water would make much of a difference, although I haven't tried it. Lysergamides are different from tryptamines and phenethylamines in that they're a fairly polar molecule, and dissolve fairly well in water without converting to the salt. It would certainly be worth trying though. You'd have to make sure to space the experiments far enough apart that tolerance wouldn't be a factor, and to use seeds from the same batch and in the exact same amount, although you probably already knew that. If you do end up trying it, let us know how it works!

same thing happend for me. I just got horrible groin pain (from pestisides maybe) and really tired. No visuals really. Just a floating blue orb, which could have been my imagination cause i was really tired and sleepy. No other effects besides that. I think LSA is much more easily aproached through woodrose seeds, although I have yet to try that route.

^Woodrose, or r. corymobosa. I actually never use anything for LSA but r.corymbosa. Its not so sensitive that you hvae to dose really rigidly, but it also means you don't have to eat shit loads of disgusting seeds.

Anyway, I'll merge this with the LSA thread. Try nto post therenext time, its right beneeath this at the moment.

TheLoveBandit said:
ANON to OD....you may have been screwed.

Edit ... to PD

yeah, apparently i was... I guess it's cool to post under my account...
so what is a good starter amount for Morning Glory seeds? and is chewing them up on an empty stomach an ok method?

I don't have a frickin grinder...grrrrr...any suggestions on how else i can grind the fuckers? I decided to mix heavenly blues,pearly gates, and flying saucers, since there wasn't enough of one kind to make the 8g...which is the amount I have...
So...it isn't really a Visual trip? God I wish there'd be some actual sid around this place. I'm tempted to make my own. SO yeAH... How else can i grind these MG seed other than the grinder?

Plastic galon bag wrap a paper towel around the plastic and whack away with a hammer. Make sure the bag is sealed and the seeds are inside the bag. The paper towel is so that there are no holes made in the bag. :)

Having a coffee grinder when dealing with LSA containing seeds is pretty essential IMO. Hell, it only costs what, $10-$20 for a decent one at Wal-Mart. And using a grinder you ensure that your seeds can be ground as finally as possible. Realize the finer the seeds are ground the better they absorb and the more potently.

I'd love to try Rivea but keep hearing that most Rivea being sold by vendors right now is weak and old. People list a ridiculously wide dosage range because of how widely the potency of Rivea sold online varies. If someone could point me towards a vendor that sells tried and true Rivea I'd be game.

Is it true that Rivea doesn't cause the trademark LSA nausea and cramps? Can Rivea be as strong mentally as HBW and as strong visually as MG's and is it more stimulating or sedating generally? I'd read that Rivea is significantly weaker than HBW and MG and if you read about the Mexican shamanic tribes, in some the men ingested MG while the women were stuck eating Rivea.

Actually, MG at the right dosage can be QUITE visual. If you heard LSA containing seeds aren't visual you prob. read of people's experiences with HBW, as HBW tends to be much less visual and more a body trip than MG. If you don't get good visuals from MG don't give up, as your dosage might be too low or you might be using weak seeds or a poor preparation method.

Try finely grinding up 10-20 grams of Burpee Heavenly Blues and stirring them into a ice cream malt (Wendy's Frosty would work well). and drinking it on an empty stomach.

I've convinced a good friend of mine to be a guinea pig for the MG teabag cold water extraction. What I'm thinking I'll do is:

1.) Grind Burpee Heavenly Blue seeds to a powder
2) Dump the seed powder into a tea bag and staple it shut
3) Dump the tea bag into purified water (at least 12 oz. of water) with a squirt of lemon juice added in a container that I'll then put a lid on and keep in the fridge
4) I'll take the container out every 5-10 minutes and shake it vigorously and stir around the contents
5) After an hour or 2 I'll take the container out the fridge and squeeze the teabag out thoroughly and take it out of the water
6) I might save the teabag and soak it in water a second time to ensure I get any remaining alkaloids out of it.
7) I might blend my MG water in a blender for a few mins. as some people recommend doing this though I don't know why

Is there anything wrong with this extraction method?

I had a great trip on LSA seeds (HBWR) two days ago, I took six seeds, just chewed them into a mush and swalllow it after 5 minutes. My trip was just... mellow %)

I was happy, saw some small CEVs and OEVs and had an empty, clear mind, very nice. :) The day after was great, like some sort of afterglow from the trip?

Next month I will try to get some more HBWR seeds but want to experiment with salvia and weed a bit more first, maybe next time i'll 8 try seeds, then at T+3:00 chew two more, would that be safe for me? 1m73 56kilo if that helps any.

feelgoodhit said:
i've obtained 14 HBW seeds. is that enough for a heavy trip generally?

CHeck erowid, maybe it'll help you a bit but don't take them all on your first trip, I think 14 might be a bit much, but I am just a beginner :) anyways here's the link to the page: Erowid - Morning Glory vault

14 HBWR seeds should be a very heavy trip. Although seeds vary greatly. For 14 seeds, I'd prolly spend the time under blankets, meditating, with intermittement bursts of tranced out pacing and rambling. Combine with a nice bowl of weed about 4 hours after ingesting (right before the peak hits). Uh.. also good to note, that the cramping is why I'd spend most of my time seated, and the blankets is for the resulting cold extremities. You'll definitely feel mild to heavy discomfort on 14 seeds.

rexeh, did 6 seeds feel safe to you? If you experienced only miminal, transient discomfort, I'd say you're good to go.

yeah, actually I have read a lot about the nausea and vomiting in the various trip reports and info websites, but I did not have any problems with them, just grounded them up fine and put them in a gelcap, in 30 minutes my stomach felt warm but i've eaten a gaviscon chew tablet before, it's for stomach acid risings and nausea, maybe that's the thing that helped. :D

Also only had eated a light meal 3 hours before, might have helped too. All in all it was a flawless (my first ever) trip :)

feelgoodhit said:
i've obtained 14 HBW seeds. is that enough for a heavy trip generally?

Depends on the strength of the seeds. If they're strong, 14 will be greatly overwhelming... a very heavy trip indeed. Or it could be just the right amount. Can you get more? If so I would recommend starting with 5 or 6. Better safe than sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.