• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Favorite DOx Thread: One for the history books!

What Is Your Favorite DOx compound?

• DOB

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • DOC

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • DOF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DOI

• DOM

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • DOET

• DOPR

• DOiP

• DON

• DOT / ALEPH-1

• DOT-2 / ALEPH-2

• TMA-2

• MEM

• other

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Evidence? Who you are trying to prosecute? lol

Of many epithets, I wouldn’t use private for Shulgin.

You’re a long time on this site so you should know RC scene was a lot different before. Not only that it was a lot different 10 years ago than it’s now it was also a lot different 20 years from now and even more so at beginning and before internet and than before analogue laws in USA and in some other places.

I don’t go back so far when RCs were created only by pockets of people WW for their own and their friends exploration, and you can be sure that after Shulgins books each and every substance sounding remotely good was tested by many, over many years. Many is a relative term as even now real RC community is tiny. Huge amounts of RCs are sold as something else to final user of whom many wouldn’t buy it on purpose. Huge amounts are mixed in to hard drugs to make them more potent and addictive (all “heroin” in USA is great example). Huge amounts are consumed by people who can’t get “real drugs”, that’s especially case with synthetic cannabinoids and homeless population and/or kids. Most of RCs pushed nowdays, in volumen, are addictive stuff that’s replacement for some illegal addictive drug, that isn’t in the spirit of early RC scene at all. Why would we need 100 diazepam replacements as it isn’t smart to take even diazepam, why would we need 100 heroin replacements cuz it’s a treat for once in while anyway, why would we need 100 crack replacements cuz it’s fiendish enough? You see not too long ago most thought why would we need 100 K replacements cuz K is good/bad enough as it is? (answer to last one is given by one site member but how much true is it in it and how much self-delusion I’m not the one to judge nor have solid stance about it)

Having experienced time when nasty RCs were just starting to occur in big amounts. I’m not sure if you know this, but before phenazepam there was not so many lives destroyed in this waters by benzos and I bet you most of the same people were getting powder alprazolam and diazepam by grams before.

I’ll continue writing this..

People in RC scene were a lot more focused on psychedelics, in fact vast majority of people were like that. I would say there was always certain distinction in hippy groups, psychonauts, counter-cultures call them as you wish in what I would say are 3 separate stances (you can see this both irl and online), one are “I take natural stuff only”, other stick to well know substances and third dab in into everything, including obscure and novel substances. Even tho in third group there were always people saying things like that they can handle heroin or meth or whatever without getting addicted to it or without causing themselves more damage than average person who drinks sometimes. But same people were mostly focused on psychedelics when it RC were in question, for both clear safety reasons and for and for ratio of what you can gain or loose by using psychedelics compared to let’s say stimulants. My country was lagging a bit behind when riding on RC train (but most countries were compared to USA and UK) but small groups that were taking RC were all taking RC psychedelics without exception, almost none were into stimulants. Hell, even people taking meth (and where I am they are rarity) I met (and as they were confined to small location I met quite a few) were against idea of taking totally unresearched, chemicals often sub-par compare to trio of amph, metamph and coke. But than “meow-meow” other “bath salts” hit the quite open market (following “spice”) and suddenly a lot of people find it cool to take legal drugs, quite cheap and reliable compared to what most people were getting on the black market. And those were totally different people than those who knew for RCs long before and used them, tho many jumped on stimulant train but unlike most people who were getting “happy pills” with unknown content those were getting exactly what they wanted. But as mephedrone wave was hitting UK hard and flow of Indian and China K slowing down, that opened a whole new market. Suddenly RC opiates, benzos and dissos too were a thing. And getting small amount of those was easier than it was not long ago to get RC psychedelics and for some time noids and stimulants too. But a huge change started, suddenly vendors of only psychedelics became far and between and lacking that specialization very rare substances became even more rare. Suddenly you had more chance getting aleph-2 on black market piggy-backing with LSD, DMT or some classic than getting custom synth for you and friends as for one simple reason – profit. Both big and small labs were rather focused on satisfying seemingly endless market thirst for “bath salts” and “spices” with rising stars in benzo, opiate and disso division instead of bringing obscure psychedelics they previously needed to get to a good spot.

This story has no point or a punch-line and might be figment of my imagination that o so beautifully, thanks heavens, still runs in the family..