• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Favorite DOx Thread: One for the history books!

What Is Your Favorite DOx compound?

• DOB

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • DOC

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • DOF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DOI

• DOM

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • DOET

• DOPR

• DOiP

• DON

• DOT / ALEPH-1

• DOT-2 / ALEPH-2

• TMA-2

• MEM

• other

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Yeah, I can believe it. It's funny using categories ("psychedelic") that are poorly defined, even among the people best able to chart the boundaries (us.)

For me, 4C-D isn't psychedelic, at least not at doses >75mg, the highest I've tried iirc. On the other hand, I would say that DOF definitely is psychedelic, even at low doses, something that Sasha Shulgin didn't find to be true. One day I want to try to really nail down what that means for me.

Weirdly, the cap on the subjective intensity of both experiences seemed on par with each other, though (in my admittedly extremely limited experience.) DOF is quite a bit headier, but it still never really rose to any great intensity.

I do think it would make sense to try vaporizing DOF to try to really see what the character of the material is like. With 4C-D, that's more material than I want to vaporize. Blegh.

I just wanted to warn you about their DOM pellets, in case your DOM is also from them. I had two of their "5mg" pellets lab-tested and they came back as 2.55mg and 0.54mg DOM, respectively. Heavily underdosed pellets with a ridiculous spread, so be careful.
Haven’t heard of this issue, but a friend of mine who ordered from them first seemed to be fine with the 5mg DOM pellets and the TMA. I’m hoping that you just got a bad batch.

Haven’t heard of this issue, but a friend of mine who ordered from them first seemed to be fine with the 5mg DOM pellets and the TMA. I’m hoping that you just got a bad batch.
The pellets were tested at the same time but weren’t from the same batch, one was bright neon-yellow and the other was just yellow. The neon-yellow one was the one with 0.54mg btw. and was purchased half a year after the normal yellow ones.
I will have more of them tested in the future, then I’ll report back with the results.

I had their TMA, TMA-2 and 4-FA tested too, but those were all of great quality. Seems like their pill-pressing is the issue and not their synthesis. Had two of their 4-FA batches tested, one was a little grayer than the other one, but both had a purity of ~99%.

The pellets were tested at the same time but weren’t from the same batch, one was bright neon-yellow and the other was just yellow. The neon-yellow one was the one with 0.54mg btw. and was purchased half a year after the normal yellow ones.
I will have more of them tested in the future, then I’ll report back with the results.

I had their TMA, TMA-2 and 4-FA tested too, but those were all of great quality. Seems like their pill-pressing is the issue and not their synthesis. Had two of their 4-FA batches tested, one was a little grayer than the other one, but both had a purity of ~99%.
The ones my buddy and I have gotten in the past ~9 months are purple dark blue. Everyone who has taken them seems to have had experiences typical of 5mg DOM. I’m really hoping that they fixed their pill pressing and I’ll let you know how the trip goes when I try a full one in a couple weeks.

The ones my buddy and I have gotten in the past ~9 months are purple dark blue. Everyone who has taken them seems to have had experiences typical of 5mg DOM. I’m really hoping that they fixed their pill pressing and I’ll let you know how the trip goes when I try a full one in a couple weeks.
Right, a friend of mine had those as well and said they felt like what they were supposed to be. He also said the same thing about the yellow ones though, so who knows. I took both pellets for my first time and had a strong experience from apparently only 3.1mg. Hopefully you’ll enjoy it as much as I did.

Based on the fact that you still had a powerful trip @Psychestim, there is always the small possibility that the lab you used wasn’t the greatest at quantifying. A lot of people seem to have issues with Energy Control because of that.

Based on the fact that you still had a powerful trip @Psychestim, there is always the small possibility that the lab you used wasn’t the greatest at quantifying. A lot of people seem to have issues with Energy Control because of that.
I thought about that too, but I doubt it. It did feel stronger than what most people usually report, but then again, I have been surprised by psychedelics so many times before where a seemingly low dose kicked my ass, and vice versa. :D

After my trip I even wrote the testing-facility and they said it was quantified multiple times and they can say with an absolute certainty that those pellets were quantified correctly. I had ~60 substances analyzed by ChEcKiT over the years, they currently have one, if not the most sophisticated drug-checking setup in the world rn and they’ve been doing this since 1997, so I trust what they’re doing. I suppose it’s much likelier that the vendor screwed up the pill-pressing than a government-funded testing facility with their expertise having such a dramatic, potentially dangerous error in their quantification.

I have no experience with EnergyControl though, so I can’t speak on them.

What is your preferred DOI dose?
Im mostly a microdose guy... I dont remember, but it was low, maybe 0.5-1mgs? and other times even less. I did all my heroic ones 15 years ago when I didcover psychs... Now I enjoy it softer so normal people will probably prefer higher dosages

I do think it would make sense to try vaporizing DOF to try to really see what the character of the material is like.

The 2 methoxy groups are labile when the substance is vaped and vaping leaves a black tar behind…

The 2 methoxy groups are labile when the substance is vaped and vaping leaves a black tar behind…
There are a few reports of people successfully vaping DOC, 2C-B and 2C-E freebase online, probably a few more PEA's I'm forgetting too.

It is possible. I did vape small amounts of 2c-e once but you have to account for the loss of material when vaping stuff with methoxy groups. Even worse are double or triple bonds as in the dalt‘s or allylescaline.

Are there any safety risks combining remeron/mirtazepine with DOC? I am not planning on immediately taking this just curious.

I don't believe there would be any safety risks, but mirtazapine is an antagonist at 5-HT2a and 5-HT2c, so it will strongly block serotonergic psychedelics. So likely it will not work very well to try to trip.

has aleph-2 ever been available in the research chemical scene?

From listed I tried only DOC, DOI and TMA-2. Liked DOC better than DOI, that much better that I didn’t really explore DOI in higher doses but like DOC in every dose I tried it and also in quite a bit combos. I can’t really say TMA-2 is comparable at all in effect to DOx and I really like it but it’s a totally different flavour so can’t really say if I liked DOC or TMA-2 better, maybe DOC cuz it’s more unique while TMA-2 shares more with mescaline and 2c’s. But that’s all my personal experience and preferences. I really hope I’ll get chance to try more DOx chemicals, if I had a choice to get something from the list teleported in front of me I would chose DOM. Not sure if I ever even had chance to get it but I missed opportunity to get DOB as most people say it has really bad body load and with DOC that’s really smooth I skipped it. Nowadays I wouldn’t skip any as more than once I had chemical that most people on internet speak bad of turn out fantastic ime as we all know – different strokes for different folks!

Ofc. Small batches of much more obscure chemicals used to pop out in certain places. I’m sure they still do for those who stayed well connected.
you say of course, but is there any evidence, even a single record of it anywhere? not saying it hasnt, but iv spent years making a list of research chemicals and i have not seen any verification anywhere that it has (i usually only use police confiscations, toxicology, or identification sites as proof, but for aleph 2 i dont even see trip reports or forum posts, except for private chemists like Shulgin)