• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ETH-LAD Thread

it's tomorrow
the fainter blotters are just as strong (still grayish actually)

Mine seem pretty white...

I guess we will have to see about that white privilege..

Solipsis, all I want to say is that color is not a good indication for potency. It can indicate a high percentage of impurities but that might not be the case.

The problem is that chemicals behave very different from other things in our every day life;)

Out of curiosity: if you have crystals, how do you dose them?

I'm sure many will say it's a waste, but I tried 50 µg of ETH-LAD and enjoyed myself thoroughly. It felt much more calm and transparent than a similar dose of LSD. Good humored, excellent for socializing and didn't make me feel vulnerable in any way. No body issues to speak of, or any nausea (for the better part of the come-up I was walking through -20˚C cold, so maybe that's why I didn't notice!)

That said I was a bit surprised by the relative lack of open-eye visual distortions, considering how dramatic the visuals get at higher doses. I guess it speaks to how steep the response curve is with ETH-LAD.

I was able to sleep at +9 hours. A bit hard to say if it's actually better than LSD in that respect, but I did feel much less stimulated than usual - not too much tossing and turning, minimal strobing effects.

If I didn't need to count my pennies so much I'd stock the hell out of this one. I really hope it doesn't disappear for good because it seems like an ideal lysergamide for low-dose tripping.

Solipsis, all I want to say is that color is not a good indication for potency. It can indicate a high percentage of impurities but that might not be the case.

The problem is that chemicals behave very different from other things in our every day life;)

Out of curiosity: if you have crystals, how do you dose them?

You're right, it's not and I've said or explained that many times before. I guess that makes my other post pretty void then.

I dosed via sub-milligram balance and volumetric measurement with a small dropper bottle.

would love to see your cupboard full of goodies in dropper bottles

Been meaning to throw my five pence into this thread. Not sure if it's the right place for it, but I'd recently gotten through some 1P-ETH-LAD and just had some comments to share.

There is almost no mental load, but there is a significant body high. I remember on a dosage of 1.5 tabs (around 150 mics) I was convulsing and writhing in ecstasy for a while as I listened to some music (specifically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uuwcPlxSJ4). However, there was no mind fuck. The only negative parts I experienced were general "weirdness", but it wasn't intense or bad. Just that - weird. I think it would be difficult to have an overly bad time on this chemical.

I've always thought it was quite weak in comparison to something like 1P-LSD or mushrooms, but this may be a different case for regular ETH-LAD. It seems to take a while to come up, and the effects aren't really "profound" as much as they are "interesting". It took a while for me to realise I was under the influence. When I did realise, however, it was quite shocking to observe how high I was yet still completely in control of my mental faculties.

Another interesting thing is that there were pretty much no closed eyed visuals, but there were very intense open eyed ones. Patterned items, such as plaid bed covers or sheets would vibrate and melt. Everything was moving. But when I closed my eyes I wasn't impressed - not much going on under the hood.

Talking to people seemed quite normal and I would have had a worse time trying to have a conversation whilst high on cannabis. No problems socially. I can imagine it would get a little bit fucked if you were dosing high, but then I would assume you would avoid social interactions at that point anyway.

The highest dosage I took was 150 mics, twice if I remember correctly. The other times were just 100 mics. 100 mics was still a substantial trip, but again, didn't run deep at all, and it was just more of the same at 150. I regret not taking more, but it was very expensive for what it was, and I'm not sure I'd pay as much as I did again. I didn't have much of the stuff to play with.

One of my friends tried a tab on his own. He had been previously accustomed to 1P-LSD once before. Unfortunately, he said that 1P-ETH-LAD took him to a bit of a bad place and he had what he described as a "bad trip". I found this quite surprising considering the fact that this stuff doesn't really seem that taxing on the mind. He seems fine now, and has learnt from whatever he may have experienced at the time. I won't go into details, but it sounds as if he was being a nuisance to his family, so perhaps it was just a poor choice of set and setting.

I would conclude that this chemical modifies your perception of the external world as an observer, but doesn't really influence you as greatly as regular acid does. It'd be great for a day out with friends or for a nice easy trip whilst walking the dogs or something similar. Looking at things is interesting, but there is a lack of depth that you get when looking at a tree on mushrooms, for example - less of a connection with the thing. There is very little mental challenge there, but there is a certain clarity to the experience that would be incredibly useful to a newcomer to the psychedelic realms.

1P-ETH-LAD certainly doesn't run as deep as the classic psychedelics, but that is what it is - a "novel" lysergamide.

Making me wanna order some eth-lad real bad. Especially since i'm out of lsd and just got scammed out of a sheet of lsd smh.

Oh my god, this thread is a mess. Just browsed through the last few pages and yielded next to no information. Pretty much useless for those who only visit the forum to get some quick information.

What's the deal with talking about the color of the blotters you guys have? Seems pretty close to substance identification discussion to me.

how would you characterize the valid information about eth-lad that the quick visiting visitors might expect once they reached the 30th page reading as fast as possible?

Just read the trip report on my first time I posted earlier.. it is hardly at all about the color of the blotter.

But seriously, what info are you looking for?

I would conclude that this chemical modifies your perception of the external world as an observer, but doesn't really influence you as greatly as regular acid does. It'd be great for a day out with friends or for a nice easy trip whilst walking the dogs or something similar. Looking at things is interesting, but there is a lack of depth that you get when looking at a tree on mushrooms, for example - less of a connection with the thing. There is very little mental challenge there, but there is a certain clarity to the experience that would be incredibly useful to a newcomer to the psychedelic realms.

1P-ETH-LAD certainly doesn't run as deep as the classic psychedelics, but that is what it is - a "novel" lysergamide.

Oh believe me, at 150 µg you're just at the turning point when ETH-LAD (whether normal ETH-LAD or the 1P-prodrug form) starts to get challenging (but potentially also oh-so-rewarding :) ).

I also started with 150 µg, and yep, those were some amazing visuals alright, but it still left you clear-headed. So, for Bicycle Day, I decided a 50% bigger dose (225µg of 1P-ETH-LAD) was in order, expecting to see the most glorious of visuals from the comfort of my ultra-lucid headspace. Un(?)fortunately, it turns out there's only so many visuals the human brain can handle before the psychedelic pressure exerted by this substance starts to break through the purely visual domain, and confronts you with suddenly surfacing memories, constantly branching and looping thoughts, and the realization that there is just so much reality OUT THERE - "out there" being the vast distance between your couch and the bathroom. In this state, ETH's relative "clearheadedness" is no longer a blessing, but a challenge.

Oh believe me, at 150 µg you're just at the turning point when ETH-LAD (whether normal ETH-LAD or the 1P-prodrug form) starts to get challenging (but potentially also oh-so-rewarding :) ).

I also started with 150 µg, and yep, those were some amazing visuals alright, but it still left you clear-headed. So, for Bicycle Day, I decided a 50% bigger dose (225µg of 1P-ETH-LAD) was in order, expecting to see the most glorious of visuals from the comfort of my ultra-lucid headspace. Un(?)fortunately, it turns out there's only so many visuals the human brain can handle before the psychedelic pressure exerted by this substance starts to break through the purely visual domain, and confronts you with suddenly surfacing memories, constantly branching and looping thoughts, and the realization that there is just so much reality OUT THERE - "out there" being the vast distance between your couch and the bathroom. In this state, ETH's relative "clearheadedness" is no longer a blessing, but a challenge.

Interesting. I feel left out now.

How would you compare that experience to an equivalent dosage of 1P-LSD?

Having my current acid batch tested to be 78ug, and assuming the dosage advertised of the legal lysergamides is on point, in my experience talking about potency per ug:
Eth-lad > lsd > ald-52 > 1p-lsd > al-lad

Eh well I think to say more about some aspects I would really need to take it many more times, so people who have tripped on this quite a number of times already (and other lysergamides also) should speak up... Because after only one or a few trips it could be a coincidence.

I thought it was pretty strong but also gentle. This is something I more or less concluded from reports and discussion as well, one Erowid report is even called something along those lines. I found the character to be different from LSD or AL-LAD while LSZ felt less different from LSD to me. More like a refinement of LSD, that one.
Yet it all wasn't so far from LSD that it would be very doable to tell them apart reliably in a double blind experiment. AL-LAD is a lot weaker than LSD than ETH-LAD is stronger than LSD though.

I think an important part at least for me was that this strength manifested in a most favorable way, and this is despite my trip really not being so ideal per se. I am not defining it by the experience I got, but by the manner of "working with the material" here. I bet that general experience level is important and can matter a lot for how well you can manage when you're in a tough spot. This is different from how difficult the material it makes on you.

I thought ETH-LAD was challenging, not that much material was used but the trip and how much it removed me from reality and normal thinking was dramatic. But it didn't leave me hanging by making it just hard to move out of such a tough spot. Instead it was hospitable to me finding my way, but I knew that it was my experience that helped me find my way quickly as well.

It felt like I got great opportunities. I imagine this could still all turn quite sour under less favorable circumstances (set and setting!!), but when used properly it is excellent stuff. I really would not easily rate anything above LSD in general but this may very well qualify.

It's not as gentle as AL-LAD is though, that one is just easy.

Eh well I think to say more about some aspects I would really need to take it many more times, so people who have tripped on this quite a number of times already (and other lysergamides also) should speak up... Because after only one or a few trips it could be a coincidence.

I thought it was pretty strong but also gentle. This is something I more or less concluded from reports and discussion as well, one Erowid report is even called something along those lines. I found the character to be different from LSD or AL-LAD while LSZ felt less different from LSD to me. More like a refinement of LSD, that one.
Yet it all wasn't so far from LSD that it would be very doable to tell them apart reliably in a double blind experiment. AL-LAD is a lot weaker than LSD than ETH-LAD is stronger than LSD though.

I think an important part at least for me was that this strength manifested in a most favorable way, and this is despite my trip really not being so ideal per se. I am not defining it by the experience I got, but by the manner of "working with the material" here. I bet that general experience level is important and can matter a lot for how well you can manage when you're in a tough spot. This is different from how difficult the material it makes on you.

I thought ETH-LAD was challenging, not that much material was used but the trip and how much it removed me from reality and normal thinking was dramatic. But it didn't leave me hanging by making it just hard to move out of such a tough spot. Instead it was hospitable to me finding my way, but I knew that it was my experience that helped me find my way quickly as well.

It felt like I got great opportunities. I imagine this could still all turn quite sour under less favorable circumstances (set and setting!!), but when used properly it is excellent stuff. I really would not easily rate anything above LSD in general but this may very well qualify.

It's not as gentle as AL-LAD is though, that one is just easy.
Now this is some quality information! Thank you solipsis :)

So for an asskicking Eth-LAD seems the way to go. How does the duration of effects compare to acid?

Last edited:
How does the duration of effects compare to acid?

I found the peak to be rather short, and then an abrupt descent into a couple of hours of residual tripping.
The timeline for me went more or less like this:

t+ 0.5 hrs - First alerts
t+ 1 still coming up gradually and slowly.
t + 2 Suddenly reaching the peak, much stronger than what the come-up would suggest.
t + 5 Peak is over, intensity goes down significantly but still tripping.
t + 8 Coming down by now.
t + 10 Mostly over, I found less residual stimulation with this one compared to any other lysergamide.

Most I tried was 100 ug though.