• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Entity Contact & Theories Thread

i always thought "entities" during psychedelic experiences are archetypal manifestations of your subconscious mind. because most of the time "they" are trying to tell you something. now, i dont know about an egalitarian universe, but the only person that would try to tell you something (or open your eyes in some aspect) might be yourself?

i have a hard time believing in aliens, ghosts or interdimensional (reptile) beings. most of this esoteric things are just there to scare ppl. minds are so powerful, so why is it so difficult to accept that your mind is able to create a whole alternate universe that you can perceive?

Yes the Rockies are a special place on planet earth, full of special healing energy, they helped me turn my life around following heroin addiction

I think it's just subconscious beliefs/thoughts that are projected by the psychedelic experience. Do you have a good imagination? If so you can project these ideas/images/communications or whatever simply by using your imagination without drugs. Helpful when creating unique sci-fi landscapes/creature/machines when doing some doodles lol.

Terence McKenna's beliefs "What I was suggesting -- and I don't believe it as strongly as you imply -- is that intelligence, not life, but intelligence may have come here in this spore-bearing life form. This is a more radical version of the panspermia theory of Crick and Ponampurama. In fact I think that theory will probably be vindicated. I think in a hundred years if people do biology they will think it quite silly that people once thought that spores could not be blown from one star system to another by cosmic radiation pressure. As far as the role of the psilocybin mushroom, or its relationship to us and to intelligence, this is something that we need to consider. It really isn't important that I claim that it's an extraterrestrial, what we need is a body of people claiming this, or a body of people denying it, because what we're talking about is the experience of the mushroom. Few people are in a position to judge its extraterrestrial potential, because few people in the orthodox sciences have ever experienced the full spectrum of psychedelic effects that are unleashed. One cannot find out whether or not there's an extraterrestrial intelligence inside the mushroom unless one is willing to take the mushroom." High times interview

Some Further details: "What the mushroom says about itself is this: that it is an extraterrestrial organism, that spores can survive the conditions of interstellar space. They are deep, deep purple – the color that they would have to be to absorb the deep ultraviolet end of the spectrum. The casing of a spore is one of the hardest organic substances known. The electron density approaches that of a metal.
Is it possible that these mushrooms never evolved on earth? That is what the Stropharia cubensis itself suggests. Global currents may form on the outside of the spore. The spores are very light and by Brownian motion are capable of percolation to the edge if the planet’s atmosphere. Then, through interaction with energetic particles, some small number could actually escape into space. Understand that this is an evolutionary strategy where only one in many billions of spores actually makes the transition between the stars – a biological strategy for radiating throughout the galaxy without a technology." High times interview.

So planet hopping mushroom spores that hitch a ride on a meteor and travel to earth. Not that they evolved on this planet but are some kind of semi sentient life force that provides the user with connection to telepathic communication with other life forms through out the universe and it was designed by aliens to enhance human kinds evolution... pure psychobabble from one to many intense psychedelic experiences IMO. How viable would a radiation soaked mushroom spore really be? To survive radiation exposure and not be rendered inert the spores would need to be coated in a thick layer of lead to even have a hope.

May be important to note shamans/witch doctors/medicine men etc use psychedelics in a ritualized and culturally appropriate fashion, not sit around gorging on stupid doses of psychedelics hoping to achieve a "break through" with a "heroic" dose and "communicate" with Gaia (a fucking ancient roman goddess no less), archytypes and aliens. He was pretty good at cultivating them though and as anyone who has experience with shrooms now they are prone to infections from other microbes...

Last edited:
Its possible that the entities are artifacts of our previously bicameral mind.
Assuming the bicameral mind theory has any merit that is.

With out a doubt plants have spirts, which if the 'right' person becomes involved with them communication is possible. They are a living breathing organism which can be further deepened by bringing up aura's. (which I wont really get into, just mention it)

The gardens of Findhorn are a perfect example when the right people (not just because they believe but obviously there is some I believe genetic encoding making certain peoples predisposed to light work) do the right job miraculous events can transpire. Here is just a brief overview of Findhorns gardens. http://www.occultopedia.com/f/findhorn.htm

Pretty interesting...

Now I have undertook my own experiments with plants mainly experimenting with music and physical touch and 'tuning into the plant' (I am speaking of growth not consumtion). I in no way claim to be anything other than what I am, human. The results were obvious.

Now I established that plants have spirts/essences (if you don't believe that, no problem your just not quite 'there' yet), I would hope most people would agree with me when I say people have spirits/souls. Hence the quite common occurence of ghosts/spirits/etc. Now is it really that far fetched to think that the 'spirit' of the plants shows it self to whom it wishes? No. simple

I will push it a little further by saying some psychedelic plants seem to have a stronger essence than other plants. Part of this might have to do with why certain plants are associated with 'entities'. They could be spirits, guardians, or keepers of the plants. Instead of associating this back to ghosts, etc. (which some people don't belive in, which I will never understand) how about associating these 'entities' of the plants with the same type of aspect Guarding angel or religious entities are to humans.

I hope I wrote this clear enough...

But alas science and 'rock' solid data is what it takes for some skeptics to believe, but believing is just half the battle...

I 100% disagree that people/animals have "spirits" let alone PLANTS having "spirits". The fact that you have the balls to tell me that I'm "not quite there yet" (what does that even mean?) because I don't believe in a friggin plant having a spirit tells me a lot about you. Pretentious to say the least.

And then you try to back up your opinion with the common occurrence of ghost stories/spirit stories... really?

The difference between a child and an adult: the adult knows that just because someone says something, doesn't make it true.

The difference between a child and an adult: the adult knows that just because someone says something, doesn't make it true.

I really wish that was the case... I really do. The more I ingest psychedelics the more I notice the childish nature of those on this planet and just how much they could benefit from such psychedelics. I imagine most of them will never know... they present too much of a danger to themselves with the notions they have built up, would take a lot of work to dissolve such boundaries.

Okay, so I've had entity contact countless times by now due to a lot of high dose salvia experiences when I was younger.

the one I had after smoking ~60mg DMT was the most vivid and strange though.

I started seeing a lot of bluish green jungle visuals folding upon themselves really fast until I saw a big alien (and come to think of it it slightly resembled the one from the movie alien) and it was showing me things really fast and basically shouting at me what seemed to be an urgent message. The things he showed me were lots of really strange and esoteric images, one was a dragonfly like insect that flew onto the forehead of a person right in between their eyes then the skull morphed to look like one of those elongated skulls like this

http://f00.inventorspot.com/images/skull2.jpg

and it seemed like I was supposed to be gaining something from all this stuff the alien was showing me, the alien even seemed frustrated that I couldn't understand what any of what he was showing me was supposed to mean. I just sat their rather lucidly observing this vision and questioning what this could mean or if I should even care. Despite DMT being a very deep and spiritual substance, this didn't feel deep or spiritual or emotional at all even just slightly confusing. As I returned to sobriety I told my friends what just happened.

I didn't think there was much validity to the experience just that it was profoundly bizarre and rather unwarranted. I wanted to have a breakthrough and have a therapeutic or spiritual experience but I got some urgent alien message.

The entity things always fascinated
Like Rene Decarte I'm not sure one can say something defiantly 'is' or 'isn't' in a binary sort of way based on experience or the processed data of the senses - one is presented with many possibilities - I'm ultimately not sure of anything, perhaps that's my strongest belief.
I've had some level of entities on various things, the most convincing I guess were Ayahuasca, LSD & Iboga
Weirdly mushrooms often seem populated by 'critters' of various sorts but they always lack reality for me and I often come out of psilocybin a super skeptic. I generally feel it's insulting fairytale I'm being tricked with. Mushrooms always seem to stop short for me, but I take it personally like the mushrooms are consciously doing it which is paradoxical given the experience it's self.
Next year I will do Ayahuasca and see if I can investigate the phenomena further.
Ultimately it comes down to belief and my guess' at what maybe the case changes with mood and time between many possibilities that I can't prove but eitherway reality or the mind are stranger than most realise, and most likely both.

Last edited:
I've thought about this, and this is only my opinion, but for me they come from your subconscious. The fact that different people experience similar entities is weird tho. Also, still my opinion, I'd say that people who are more on the spiritual side of drugs (like saying a prayer to the spirit of the plant before tripping, etc.) are more prone to bad trips. I think that by thinking your are the object of a superior entity, and that what you see is not solely a product of your brain chemistry, makes you more vulnerable to irrationnal fears. It's like I choose to attribute the entities that I feel when sleep paralyzed to hallucinations rather than ghosts / spirits /succubs etc.
Don't take it personnally, that's only my opinion. And I understand that while tripping you can even forget that you're tripping. I've never felt intenties myself, so I'm not the best judge for this.

Last edited:
I tend to agree with Shaal that these entities are products of the subconscious, but also would like to cushion it with "it's just my opinion", because who knows right? I hope I'm wrong, because it's a lot more exciting to consider that the beings could really be separate entities.

For example, if anyone has read Rick Strassman's book on his DMT studies, you might notice that a lot of the descriptions of entity contact are described as encounters with alien beings studying the patient, and that patient being in a kind of alien laboratory, being probed and prodded.. to me this sounds a lot like the product of suggestion, because in real life earth, the patient's in Dr.Strassman's studies were administered the DMT intravenously, in a semi "lab" setting, reclined on a medical bed, with their vital signs being monitored etc..

The one entity contact experience I have had could easily be explained by influence from the kind of environment I was in. I saw elves at a forest rave (similar to a recent post on the forum), where a lot of the real life flesh people were dressed up like elves. But the elves I saw were very real to my mind, the only thing that made me realize they weren't normal flesh was that they were smaller than normal humans, amd they disappeared.

But to consider the "magic" hypothesis ("magic" being shorthand for paranormal etc): the environment and conditions seem to influence the character of the types of entities encountered. Forest raves make trippers see elves, DMT in the lab makes people see aliens who are studying them, watching a horror movie makes people see demons, mushrooms in the church people see god etc.. the simplest explanation is that these entities are products of the subconscious, but maybe what's going on is that these external conditioning factors "tune" the mind into being able to contact entities of that character, and that those entities are real and the contact is through some non-physical, psychic kind of way. That sounds more fun...

Maybe like Sir Ron Pib (above) says, this isn't a binary thing where it's one or the other. How about this: if you really break it down critically, entity contact comes down to products of the subconscious. But our subconscious certainly taps into a whole realm of cultural, creative, possibility, abstract, archetype, myth, fantasy stuff that is greater than ourselves, and real in the same way that an idea is real. I mean, we don't say that love isn't real, even when we know/believe that love probably can be broken down to a bunch of neurons firing, and some release of hormones.. Or the number pi - it's an abstract concept, but at the same time it is real.

I am reasonably versed regarding the science underlying psychoactive drugs, the chemistry, pharmacology and toxicology of it. A drug evokes a change in the levels of neurotransmitters and that is correlated to the intensity, duration and nature of the experience. Sure, thats where science stands today.

But theres another side to these kinds of drugs, one that precedes the schientific model by millennia: the Entheogenic aspects, that they help manifest the Divinity within.

For those who work with them, Entheogens often evoke entity contacts and often these entity contacts are very specific and consistent for the type of drug. Think of Elves and Sprites on DMT and the Salvia Spirit on Salvia.

Does it really matter whether these entities are parts of your own mind, or are from an external reality? To work with them, no. Interact with them respectfully and seriously like you do with your inner voices such as your intuition and good may come out of it. And that good is entirely independent of whether they are external or internal.

What do I believe? I believe that "external" is an illusion. This entire universe is an internal affair. Its all your perception. So I believe its part of me.

More specifically though:

Humankind meanders between two realities, the Waking reality and the Dreaming reality. The waking reality is the dominion of science, of linear logic.

But when you dream there is another reality, a reality that has its own governing laws, such as nonlinear logic.

If you skip a lot of sleep, use drugs, meditate hard or go psychotic, then the Dreaming reality starts blending in with Waking reality. They coexist and you find yourself in the middle, here and there at the same time.

The Entheogenic spirits, they are real, but only in Dreaming reality. They are not real in Waking reality. It is important to separate the two.

I believe it is fine to grant them the respect of considering them real on the level of dreams, but not real on the level of waking reality. You can then enjoy the benefits of a full cooperation without getting confused and becoming at odds with consensus reality in the waking world.

These Entities, are they real? In the dream reality yes, in the waking reality, no.

One thing is for certain though, people have been working with these Entheogenic entity phenomena for millenia and, if done right, the results can be highly beneficial.

its quite obvious that the entities are not really there and are entirely 100% a figment of your chemically altered brain.
as a neurosurgeon i could go on for hours about the exact series of events that enable you to see what you see while hallucinating, but its 12am and I'm lazy....but when you think about, its stupidly simple....you ingest a chemical specifically designed to manipulate the way your brain interprets what you see/hear/feel....your not seeing something you normally just "miss", your seeing something you are making up....and anyone who says otherwise is just trying to push their unfounded "hibbity jibitty" pipe-dreams....you either believe in aliens and ghosts and other dimensiosn and crap like that, or you know the facts of science and biology, and science will tell you that you are merely having chemically induced visual and auditory hallucinations...nothing more...nothing less
You clearly dont know much on the subject

You see all sorts of entities it doesn't matter whether it comes from your subconscious , it doesn't feel that way, it feels like something familiar but exterior to yourself....

Usually I see occult, symbolic, snake-eagle like- images, Or beautiful adjustments of your setting rapidly altering showing you consecutive dimensions we can't normally percieve, it shows you that life is a gift, like a drug and all you have to do is be the hero of your own story

I see a lot of Pagan mythic gods / creatures, elves, snakes intertwined, medusa, griffins, little devils, angels buddhas,,,, anything and everything, it is the multiverse, its alive, and it does YOU (experiences your experiences vicariously) cause its better

Entities that are created by unchartered regions of your own mind are just as valuable as alien ones tho.

we are the aliens
^this.
It trips me out when ppl say that "aliens don't exist/ I wonder if aliens are out there." Humans fit their own description of alien. Not to mention all of the other known creatures on Earth(octopus, giant squids, toads) + other organisms that are yet to be discovered in the vast, deep oceans and forests. Look at an octopus: ITS A SWIMMING HEAD WITH TENTACLES! And they possess an intelligence that can be comparable to humans. We're floating in the middle of blackness on a spherical spaceship that houses all types of aliens.