Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Entity Contact & Theories Thread

frizzantik

Bluelight Crew
[Go to the main thread specifically for DMT entity or 'machine elf' contact]

Whats up with this? I believe I was aware of some entities during my last salvia experience.. some people mention this aspect of smoked tryptamines as well; i got this thread idea from MGS mentioning entity contact using DMT.

I used to think people who smoked salvia (or dmt) and thought it was useful for contacting aliens were totally wigged out but after that last crazy salvia trip i could see where they were coming from.. though i still think the whole alien thing is silly. I just think your brain is working overtime and you hallucinate the feeling of other people being around you, kinda like on datura trips where people end up talking to people who arent there.

what do you think is happening? other comments?

Last edited by a moderator:
i've never had contact with any entities while on psychedelics, but a lot of times i can "see" them in my perhipheral vision; it happens on tryptamines a lot, but i notice it happens all the time on 2ce, too (or at least i see/sense one specific female entity every time heh, but i have felt the prescence of a lot more than just her before).

ever considered the possibility that you're actually being able to see and interact with the spirits? there's a lot more to this world than you realize... :)

Yeah, i've wondered about this one myself.

I think that it's just like, some stimulation of the part of your brain that animates people in your dreams.

I guess, i dont know.

-j.

Believe in what or what not you want to believe. But once they eyes are open, they are very difficult to shut.

or maybe your just really fucked up and imagining things?

though i still think the whole alien thing is silly. I just think your brain is working overtime and you hallucinate the feeling of other people being around you, kinda like on datura trips where people end up talking to people who arent there.

You really have to think about this? Of course the "entities" aren't really there.

For as much time as people go about trying to explain the "entities" and "alternate universes", their time would be better spent understanding how the brain processes information and how drugs effect those processes. Or stay awake for 72 hours and then take some sort of psychedelic drug and you'll see a lot more than entities and alternative universes. Hopefully the dancing cartoon characters will make you realize that it's all just fantasy. As it would be really sad if you believed the cartoon characters were part of the same alternate universe as your entities.

sure LIV, but with quantum mechanics and the universe being a hologram, who knows what the real truth is ;)

It seems to much of a coincidence to chalk up contact with 'entities' as a

To chalk up the common theme of entity contact as coincidence is gibberish. Granted many of the occurences can be chalked up to preconceived notions but many can not. To not believe or at least acknowledge that entity contact occurs with psy. drugs namely DMT is a perfect example of a closed mind.

Reality is relative whats real to me, is fiction to you.

I find this a insightful topic. I have always wondered where insects and praying mantis, etc. come into play in the game of life. There are alien in there own right. What do they think about? What is it they strife for in life? Surely not eating bugs, just as humans are not placed here strictly for food consumption. Or am I wrong? I doubt anyone can answer that.

I (although not often) have this weird experience never while on psyc. drugs it starts out as little points of lights which slowly turn into a swarm of lights. Think a swarm of gnats that light up. Usually this occurs when animals are present and outdoors but not limited to just those surroundings.

Basically I believe that insects/entities/etc are rulers (thats a strong word, maybee guardians) of a dimension of reality not commonly known to the layman. Now the reasoning behind the nature of that dimension or alternate reality is lost to me, hopefully I will be able to grasp that theory at sometime. First I need to master the reality that I live in daily, granted I need much help with that. That does not limit my mind to wander and wonder.

When I am wandering I get to wondering
When I get to wondering is when I start to wander
Sometimes I wonder how far I must wander
Sometimes I wander just to keep from wonder

Entities seem to appear in much the same way as other things do during a trip (for me at least). First of all, the contact with them is always very emotional and dramatic for me, as if there has been some giant breakthrough just by harboring a new realization of whatever this entity is or represents. They also usually feel as 'part' of me, in that they are either coming from me or motivated by me, much like seeing patterning or hallucinations feels as if it 'comes' from me.

This is extremely subjective, just like all psychedelics are to everyone. I have considered no way of of explaining entity contact, and probably will not. In time, I will know or I won't.

its quite obvious that the entities are not really there and are entirely 100% a figment of your chemically altered brain.
as a neurosurgeon i could go on for hours about the exact series of events that enable you to see what you see while hallucinating, but its 12am and I'm lazy....but when you think about, its stupidly simple....you ingest a chemical specifically designed to manipulate the way your brain interprets what you see/hear/feel....your not seeing something you normally just "miss", your seeing something you are making up....and anyone who says otherwise is just trying to push their unfounded "hibbity jibitty" pipe-dreams....you either believe in aliens and ghosts and other dimensiosn and crap like that, or you know the facts of science and biology, and science will tell you that you are merely having chemically induced visual and auditory hallucinations...nothing more...nothing less

"you either believe in aliens and ghosts and other dimensiosn and crap like that, or you know the facts of science and biology, and science will tell you that you are merely having chemically induced visual and auditory hallucinations...nothing more...nothing less"

So it's impossible that there might be other entities out there? If anything science has helped us understand that there is an uncounted number of stars and every star is possibly a solar system. If i was gonna bet i'd bet that there are some other lifeforms out there, possibly they can communicate with an opened mind? I'm too stupid to explain myself so i'll just stop trying because i think i've made my point

terayon said:
as a neurosurgeon i could go on for hours about the exact series of events that enable you to see what you see while hallucinating, but its 12am and I'm lazy....

you either believe in aliens and ghosts and other dimensiosn and crap like that, or you know the facts of science and biology, and science will tell you that you are merely having chemically induced visual and auditory hallucinations...nothing more...nothing less

oh thats right, they dont teach real science in med school. you see, in science, especially quantum physics, we learn that we really have no fucking clue whats going on, and we realize that there is a lot more going on than we can comprehend ;)

at best, science can explain what the body and the person go through during a psychedelic experience. they can plot the chemical course in the brain, and see where it goes and how it affects what site and so on and so forth, but why it does any of this is still a mystery.

if you think that these chemicals just manipulate your senses, and for some reason these manipulations are pointless, or have no significant meaning, then you are very closed minded. the fact is they alter the way the brain functions, they allow the brain to do something it ordinarily does not, and these manifestations are perfectly worth studying in nature

i think more than anything it gives us more insight into the human brain. From psychedelic experiments one could determine to what degree communication and awareness of others is connected with the five common senses.

I'm glad to see i stirred up a tiny bit of debate :D my rational mind tells me that it is just a hallucination... but 'seeing' is believing.. once one experiences reality in completely different ways, one begins to wonder what is the true nature of reality

i think the fact that entities are a common experience is no more significant than another common trait: visuals. nobody really thinks the visuals they see are real; why are the entities more compelling?

Last edited:
It seems to much of a coincidence to chalk up contact with 'entities' as a

To chalk up the common theme of entity contact as coincidence is gibberish.

Not everyone sees entities. People certainly don't see the same entities. Often the entities are simply an already existing object that becomes distorted and your mind simply turns it into something familiar to the conscious or subconscious no different than the mind will do the same turning inadament objects into other inadament objects. The relationship between the chemicals in the brain that are affected by psychedelic drugs and parts of the conscious and subconscious mind are not at all understood. It's more than clear that drug experiences are overwhelmingly influenced by the expectations of the user. Visions of entities resulting from near death experiences in non-drug users have been thouroughly studied and people almost always without exception see entities related to their religion. One of the most absolutely prominent effects of psychedelic drugs is to make you believe that what you experience is utterly important. Etc. Etc. Etc.

If you believe there is some outside force or dimension responsible for your hallucinations, you've tripped one too many times.

And if you believe reality is truly subjective, hit yourself in the face with a baseball bat. If it doesn't hurt, you're obviously right. But you wouldn't try, because you know it will hurt. Why? Because reality isn't subjective.

tathra said:
oh thats right, they dont teach real science in med school.

For somebody who probably doesn't have a medical-level grasp of biology, that's an awfully presumptuous thing to say. If you really believe this, then I suggest you stop using hospitals and modern-day health care. If you OD, get cancer, break a bone, or are afflicted by any one of a number of emergencies or diseases, these charlatans won't be able to help you, right?

you see, in science, especially quantum physics, we learn that we really have no fucking clue whats going on, and we realize that there is a lot more going on than we can comprehend ;)

The same is true of biology and any of the other sciences. If you think otherwise, then you are fucking ignorant. Just because a general theoretical model may be flawed doesn't mean that all the mechanistic predictions that it makes are incorrect.

As for myself, I have had entity contact experiences on salvia, and I honestly don't know whether the entities are manifestations of my own unconscious or truly beings from outside myself. However, the most convincing experience I've had that psychedelics open the door to non-self manifestations comes from my first trip on mushrooms, which was also my first trip ever:
As I turned my attention to my environment, I began to see purple flecks in the grass. I looked at the road and the larger pebbles in the asphalt seemed to rise up and take on a purplish color. When I sat down, the purple rock flecks began to resolve into a pattern. Other rocks in the asphalt took on different colors, embellishing the pattern. At first it was just swirling fractals, which was pretty cool in itself. Then the fractals began to resolve into something with more structure. As I watched in amazement, a city of stepped pyramids emerged out of the asphalt below my eyes. Even more amazingly, this city was alive! There were people and animals bustling through the roads, merchants hawking their wares in markets, craftsmen plying their trades, warriors drilling and practicing, preists conducting rituals in the temples, every type of activity that comprised a Mesoamerican civilization. Moreover, I somehow knew that mushrooms were a sacrament to this civilization. Because of my complete ignorance of mushrooms at the time, I had no idea that they had been used as sacraments by native cultures in the Americas. This leads me to believe, in retrospect, that I was connecting with an ancient repository of common experience, for I can find no other way to explain what happened. To this day, that vision, the culmination of my first real visuals ever, remains one of my most favorite moments in a psychedelic experience.
Full trip report here

Last edited:
again...as a medical doctor i can tell you that the entities are entirely figments of your imagination....someone up above made an interesting point....there *ARE* trillions of stars and solar systems in the universe, and i have NO doubt whatsoever that there is life on other plants somewhere out there....but are the entities you see when your on hallucinagenic drugs these other lifeforms? of course not....now THATS just silly. to anyone who says my words are laughable, i strongly suggest you take a course in, or at least read a book on neurology and neuropsychology and then tell me that I'm a joke...and quite frankly....i think my scientific views are a lot more solid than you telling me when you ingest mind altering drugs you can communicate with invisible entities and alien lifeforms that "normal" people just dont see....whats next? are you going to tell me the paranoid schizophrenic patient i saw the other week *really* was having his mind read by the laser beams imbedded inside the feet of the pigeons flying over his home?
now THAT is just crazy