Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DXM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cface said:
Has anyone had any problems with egocentrism with weekly use? I've used it probably 4 times in the past 10 days and am just coming off it and feel like people are supposed to know the topic of what i'm thinking and respond to the question i'm pondering or relate to it verbally...

Also I wanted to add that I find I get the opposite effect then you. Well on DXM I am very empathic and I can easily put myself in other peoples shoes and feel their problems.

i think the damage is reversible overtime, just dont go for extreem doses. the higher the dose the longer it takes to get back normal.

I think there was thread about this, but Id like to ask this question here again, do any of you guys/gals like DXM or DXO better. I think I like DXM better, it lasts longer, causes the most hallucinations and is stimulating. DXO is shorter, more dissociative and feels more clean. 3 vs 2, DXM wins.

Dxmmonster said:
i think the damage is reversible overtime, just dont go for extreem doses. the higher the dose the longer it takes to get back normal.

I think there was thread about this, but Id like to ask this question here again, do any of you guys/gals like DXM or DXO better. I think I like DXM better, it lasts longer, causes the most hallucinations and is stimulating. DXO is shorter, more dissociative and feels more clean. 3 vs 2, DXM wins.

i would choose dxm over dxo any time. i love the closed eyes visuals that i get on dxm.

Do you guys actually have a pile of DXO laying around somewhere, or are you refering to dosing slower to discourage the metobalism of DXM into DXO?

I prefer DXO... DXM can mak me ... pretty much nuts. I'll act or say or otherwise do very irrational or unlogical things when the DXM is overpowering the DXO. This is particulary the case on the come-up, and when redosing multiple times. It's also dangerous because my cognitive facilities are otherwise fine, so I think I'm not impaired.

DXM makes me more itchy. I rarely get the itches until like the third redose. They're both really enjoyable, but I always end up embarrassing myself on DXM.

I like the trippiness of DXO-heavy trips more, too. I think it feels more "psychedelic." Although the deranged mindset of DXM-heavy trips have taught me important things. But if I listen too far, I end up very delusional. Err but I'm rambling. My vote goes to DXO.

Cloudy said:
The one thing I dislike about DXM is when you take a high dose and you just want to lie down and fall into the trip, alot of the times you fall asleep and miss part of the trip. Shit pisses me off. This happened to me last night...
ha wow man i couldnt agree more.
I dosed at about 750mg not too long ago
passed out on my couch :/
BUT.
I was awaken shortly by my mother.
Went to go see George Carlin during his final tour before he died T_T
I was second row.
He was amazing on on dxm :3

Anyone know the intensity, safety, BA, and dosage of insuffulating (snorting) DXM extracted powder?

I extracted roughly 180mg of DXM from 6 pills and am wondering if the dose (in relation to effects) is the same as oral dose, or perhaps its more intense and kicks in sooner insuffulated?

Answer for this would be appreciated :D

I haven't tried it. It is DXM-base? I don't think it would work because its water solubility is so poor. If you give it a try, let us know. It's one of the expirements I was going to try someday. But I haven't gotten to it yet (its so easy just to eat the syrup or pills, haven't bothered with an extraction yet).

passing out on DXM sucks. I do it a lot 'cuz I'm laying on my bed enjoying the closed eye visuals and music and gradually just zonk out without realizing it. Sometimes I black out on high doses too... it's basically the same deal. Wasted money and abused my taste buds for nothing:/

I've snorted DMT-base, which has very poor water solubility... It worked, but was pretty wasteful. I imagine it would be a similiar situation.

I have heard that snorting DXM is NOT recommended... that it hurts horribly and doesn't work well. I don't remember where I heard this, however.

DONT do it, free base or whatever salt.

You will be in pain for the next half an hour or so. Please, dont do it.
Learn from me.

And no, lol I dont think anyone has a pile of DXO lying around, but I sure would like to try pure DXO one day. Quite like ketamine they say?

Your right about DXM being more, howd ya say,,,... more schizo??
I dunno, DXM is like the annoying lil kid that never shuts up and can drive you crazy because he's so damn hyper. DXO is more like the big brother that you respect and get advice from...

Interesting.

lol. dude, you capturd dxm vs dxo perfectly in that post.

you tried snorting dxm powder before? was it even psychoactive?

Nope, it was around 100mg i think, waay too painful to get any fun out of it.

Please, dont do it, even if you have 99% pure DXM hydrochloride. Some might get absorbed but most of it will just get washed down. The drip was one of the worst Iv ever had.

Maybe if one snorts some coke b4 hand to numb it up, then MAYBE you could snort enough to get an effect, still not worth it IMO.

Man, it's my first day of tramadol withdrawal and I feel so god damn hyper even tho I only slept like 3 hours this mornin. The aches/pains are not what get to me, the insomnia is what causes me to break down in the middle of the night thinking about either suicide or some more tramadol. DXM keeps me sane for half a day or so, then Im back to reality... preparing another 540mg dose right now.

^Hang in there man. Ive been through tramadol withdrawls and they are absolute hell. The hardest part for me was the fact that the withdrawls went on and on and on.

Glad to hear the DXM is helping, wish I had considered that when I was going through it.

Just wanted to give you a pat on the back, sorry for going off topic.

DXM keeps me sane as well. I'm coasting along a 1st plateau dose right now. I wish the best for you dxmmonster. I enjoy your presence on these forums.

Thanks! Il need all the support I can get.

One thing about DXM, has anyone ever found it hard to sleep on DXM(I know Im WDing, but even when I'm not its still the same)?
This is always the case with me, usually when the DXM/DXO racio is higher.
unless I'm really really, really tired.

definitely. it's like your sleepiness is taken away from you. you know you're exhuasted and unrested, but you lay down and drowsiness just doesn't come. It's like your mind doesn't touch the pillow.

I tripped friday evening, thinking I would be good and rested for work on saturday night. Nope. I ended up with barely any sleep. I ran, played with my dog, cleaned my house, tried to tire myself out. I got 2 hours of sleep right before work. uhuhhh i'm rambling cuz i'm surfing my brain on cough syrup.

I can't sleep for at least 12 hours after dosing DXM... except once every few months, when I somehow accidently fall asleep on the come up and through the peak. but I always wake up on the come down. usually with extreme visual/audio flanging.

Does anyone know why and how do DXM and other dissociatives like PCP cause almost-cocaine like stimulation? I get pretty stimulated when the DXM content in me builds up. While being pretty sedatied during the trip.

And when I dex, ritalin dosnt do shit. 110mgs spread out in one day, did nothing... I heard DXM has SDRI effects. So maybe that fucks with my dopamine receptors.

I know exactly what you guys mean. My sister says she can sleep VERY easily on DXM, but for me it's impossible. I gotta agree with that above statement that it's like your brain/mind just doesn't touch the pillow. Infact, she says she crashes the moment her head hits the pillow :\

And thanks for the advice on insuffulating DXM powder. I'll put the shit in a capsule and just down it.

3 quick questions-

1) is there less nausea if you dose dex after you eat? do most of you dose on full/empty stomach?

2)so if i dose lower doses with some frequency itll be more of a DOX effect?

3)could the long term "personality changing" effects of DXM be related to mild ego dissolution? they sound similiar in character.

1) Yes there will be less nausea if you take your dex after a meal, but it will also be weaker(and the DXM content will be higher than the DXO). I usually dose on an empty stomach. Weed is always good with DXM, so save some and smoke it when you get the nausea from DXM. Dramamine also helps(no more than 50mg is needed), but that will increase your DXM/DXO ratio.

2)Nope, to get the most DXO, you will need to dose on an empty stomach(some toast to ease nausea is fine and is recommended), preferablly DXM HBr or agent lemon, free base will take a while to be absorbed and will also be a lil more harsh on the stomach. Dose all at once and drink gf juice the day before and on the day of the trip. Drink it at least 4 hours before your trip. GF juice will definetly help, but it's not to important(I never do, tastes nasty). Also you should avoid all medications that are CYP2D6 substrates/inhibitors if you want a DXO trip. A common example of a 2D6 inhibitor is CPM, a common substrate being dramamine(forgot the chemical name, something similar to diphenhydramine).

3)Not sure about that there, DXM is so powerful nobody really has a definitive answer. But I would assume most dissociatives share similar effects. DXM makes me very rational, like I would say stuff normally I wouldnt say. Makes me more social because it dampers my emotions down a lot(anxiety being one of them). Also gives me incredible amounts of engergy, one of my friends always falls asleep on DXM, I can never figure out why...

The last question about ego is a bit hard to answer because everyone is different. We might be talking about similar effects but we have no way of comparing them. Ego death is what comes with most high dose psychedelic & dissociative trips, be prepared. Noobs always say theyr prepared for that first 3rd plateau dose, Hah, I laugh inside when I heared my friend say that(he tripped his ass off and now gives DXM the respect it deserves).
Peace out, trip safe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.