View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DXM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's exactly it. feelings of euphoria and endless comfort. i liken dxm to being the summer vacation that never ends, and picks up right where you left off as soon as chug the next bottle. it's your summer and you're the star! good thing dxm sucks for so many people, otherwise it would be an epidemic.

i meant, on dxm, i don't see the need for manners or for being reserved or for acting tough or manly. if I wanna act silly or lovey, then I should, because that's how i wanna act. i don't have to be whatever society describes as a man. but if do act all weird on dxm, people will notice and think i'm weird, so I act like i do normally, except i'm on dxm... if that makes sense :/ cough syrup scrambles your brain yo. i get the 'truth serum' effect like mad. it's why i trip alone. that creeps people out too.

Cface said:
Funny how i dread taking it right before i take the shit.

Haha, so true!! But once you get over the nausea and slight body discomfort in the beginning, everything gets better and ya, you wish it would never end. Only the time I wished it would end was when took 1.8grams and 150mgs of wellbutrin, most fucked up two days of my life... Was fun during the first half, but later on became a lil dysphoric8) .

I'm on it right now. back in texas. It's NOWHERE near as fun as it was when i was in monterey... and i was around my "friends" who pretty much suck. Bad vibes. Ruined it completely for me making me feel like a weirdo.

I have no nausea or itchies on it, only body discomfort is in the back of my throat... but its not like im gonna puke or nothin. not nausea at all. Just feels somewhat medicated. I just dread taking any drug right before i take it now pretty much, probably cuz i wound up in the hospital a while back ODing on a drug.

I wish i was on this stuff and back up in cali :( i guess set and setting really do have everything to do with this stuff... asshole killing my vibe though.

Last edited:
Dxm was never like that for me, set and setting didnt really matter that much(tho some good weed always adds to the trip).
Dissociatives are much more predictable than hallucinogens like LSD or shrooms.

Well, it hasn't lost it's magic. I'm still fully feeling the effects. But the guy i was around was very judgemental and i was supposed to go on a date that night and he ditched out on me (he was gonna pick me up to meet these two chicks) after he went home and said he was comin back, which he didnt. I just don't like bein around the guy much in general. Weed isn't fun around him either.

He sounds like an asshole and I think thats maybe still a lil to nice of a word to use on him.

So is it me or do cigarettes just plain out suck on DXM? I dunno if i'm the only one here but it feels so odd and tastes so unpleasant and foreign to me when i smoke a cigarette.

Hey try listening to Soldier of Misfortune by Filter when youre peaking :D awesome song.

A heavy nicotine buzz can be really relaxing on DXM. I'm not a fan of tobacco, but I chew some nicotine gum sometimes. I have no tolerance, so it totally turns my limbs to jello and I end up a tripping pile of fun. The DXM keeps the naseau down.

The nicotine helps me focus and think better, too, without lowering the intensity of the trip like caffeine. I don't really reccomend combining too many drugs at once though.

Has anyone had any problems with egocentrism with weekly use? I've used it probably 4 times in the past 10 days and am just coming off it and feel like people are supposed to know the topic of what i'm thinking and respond to the question i'm pondering or relate to it verbally...

I'm also noticing some cognitive deficits already... i'm having issues catching onto various verbal cues and subtle phrases and words that relate to the topic. Good thing i caught this little problem now before it gets bad. Time to take a month off. -.-

And i guess you could say i'm "looping" a bit in my conversations, i'll say the same thing i said to a person at the very beginning of a conversation that might only slightly relate to the topic at hand.

and to lazydullard: I'm not talking about the nicotine chemical itself, i just mean the act of smoking anything while on DXM. I just am totally repulsed. I will put the cig near an ashtray about to put it out and then bring it back and think about smoking it and go back to ash and repeat a couple times contemplating if it's worth the ridiculous nature.

I think i'm talkin like a true dxm junkie now :(

I gotta say, this drug is most interesting... it just seems to get better and better every time i take it. I had probably the best high of my life tonight. And i was by myself.

Last edited:
Cface said:
I gotta say, this drug is most interesting... it just seems to get better and better every time i take it. I had probably the best high of my life tonight. And i was by myself.

It got pretty interesting for me too. It depends how up for it you really are which you obviously are/were. I found it hard to gauge where to get off in/on trips when you've taken about 400mg, in addition to a whole inner explosion of various thought its a great high also. DXM is great!

Yeah, great stuff. Hope it's OTC status never changes.

About nicotine, I do notice cigaretts add to the trip, but just a lil is fine, smoke too much you feel kinda uncomfortable. But I really dont smoke that much when Im on DXM, cause it kill's all of my cravings.

Dxmmonster said:
But I really dont smoke that much when Im on DXM, cause it kill's all of my cravings.
very true, i have no desire to smoke cigs... or anything while on it.

To Dxmmonster: The guy who was an asshole might actually have changed. I had him try DXM, a proper dose. He just acted totally like a normal and nice person. I was sober and we were both just comfortably relaxing with some music, not talking. After he peaked he really started talking to me with the upmost honesty, even said he was done with using other drugs, talked about how much he appreciated my friendship, etc. I think he's going to be an OK person now, he just needed to be deprogrammed.

This drug... haha... it's just so great for so many people.

Cface said:
To Dxmmonster: The guy who was an asshole might actually have changed. I had him try DXM, a proper dose. He just acted totally like a normal and nice person. I was sober and we were both just comfortably relaxing with some music, not talking. After he peaked he really started talking to me with the upmost honesty, even said he was done with using other drugs, talked about how much he appreciated my friendship, etc. I think he's going to be an OK person now, he just needed to be deprogrammed.

This drug... haha... it's just so great for so many people.

Haha, awesome. DXM saves the day again!

I dont know if anyone else also does this, but when you are acustomed to DXM, 400-600mg doses are perfect for clubing! The music sounds awesome and I have a ton of energy.

i dno wat the deal is with that. Some ppl love being really active on it. Usually when i go to the trouble of extracting some ( jesus i cant stand to drink any syrup any more even the smell of robi DX makes me sick) i just chill bak cause everything is bubbling and spinning and I can barely walk let alone stand up straight. if you can only see me try to walk on this stuff haaaahaa its funny shit. I dont like taking small doses it kinda leaves me dissapointed and expecting more. DXM dissociation rules

Cface said:
Has anyone had any problems with egocentrism with weekly use? I've used it probably 4 times in the past 10 days and am just coming off it and feel like people are supposed to know the topic of what i'm thinking and respond to the question i'm pondering or relate to it verbally...

i know what your talking about. I've used dxm over 300 times during the last 4-5 years . When i stopped i using it i noticed that i had huge social problems, i couldn't even have a conversation with anyone, i never knew what to say and everything felt like it was wrong thing to say. I also noticed that i had huge problems with spelling, even if i spelled a word correctly i wasn't sure if it was the right way to spell it.

I haven't used dxm for a year now and i still have some cognitive problems. i definitely think i made some irreversible damage to my brain.

Don't overdo dxm, its fun but it really messes your mind up.

Whenever I'm on DXM I like to go biking sometimes.

One time on 600mg about 2 hours in as I was feeling it getting pretty strong I went longboarding with a friend down some long smooth hills. It felt like flying underwater, I also didn't wipe out at all I must say my reflexes actually seem to improve well on DXM. It's like I stagger around and stumble a lot, yet I can catch myself and balance perfectly when I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.