• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

Experienced dissociative user, reporting. Still, I've yet to try Robo (save a botched attempt as a freshman)..
Is there any characteristic uniquely qualifying for experimentation with this dissociative?

Gibberish said:
Experienced dissociative user, reporting. Still, I've yet to try Robo (save a botched attempt as a freshman)..
Is there any characteristic uniquely qualifying for experimentation with this dissociative?

Definitely, DXM is an oddball even amongst dissociatives. Some people may not like that, but the higher plateaux definitely have a unique character about them. Hard to put my finger on it, or perhaps, I haven't really indulged proper in dissociatives in too long to be able to word it well.

I'll take your word. Moderators know best hehe.
Just being lazy, can I get a dose range for the upper plateaux?
...Those are like levels, right?.. Aha.

Pills, Pros: no taste, no artificial flavors. The added sweeteners for flavoring of syrup can sometimes be attributed to nausea.
cons: gotta swallow a lot of pills. May* take longer to kick in.

Syrup. Pros: easy to take quickly. Very easy measurement of dosage. Some users report liking the taste. May* have a quicker onset than pills.
Cons: Specific artificial sweeteners are attributed to nausea at high doses. Some users resent the taste.

I'll take your word. Moderators know best hehe.
Just being lazy, can I get a dose range for the upper plateaux?
...Those are like levels, right?.. Aha.

Here be a dosage calculator for thee: http://dxm.darkridge.com/calc.html

You ought to do some reading if you aren't familiar with the plateaux, but basically depending on dosage the experience can take on some very different forms. There isn't a linear dosage response curve, there's some major qualitative shifts depending. First is completely uninteresting, second is a bit like drunkenness with some stoning. Those are the lower. Higher would be the third, which is pretty damn trippy and dissociative, fourth being a hole. And let's just not talk about sigma.

Really you ought to check out some of the links on the first page of the thread to familiarize yourself with things. I will say though that it is important to take ~100mg dose first to check for CYP2D6 enzyme deficiency, if you are able to really feel this, and it lasts for a long period of time, then you lack the ability to metabolize the drug properly and any further experimentation is recommended only under extreme caution.

Most don't like this drug, and taking it in OTC antitussive preparations certainly adds an extra dimension of nausea and unpleasantness. I'd say cannabis is a good call for its anti-emetic effects, but it reaaally potentiates this stuff. Of course, it is always possible to buy pure powder or extract it (unless you're lazy like some of us). So, don't be surprised if you end up hating it (A good number of us have had some great experiences with it though).

I've been curious due to the recent lovely discovery of a certain orbital telescope-y variety (hehe, my friends ;)).
Pure powdered mindscape dissociation just sounds oh so nice. :)

And thanks for the calculator, excellent link. (;

DXM is a dissociative, so I'm going to move this to psychedelic drugs as we don't cover dissociatives here..

Combinations of DXM + x are fine in BDD though :)

BDD > PD

The robogels can be way worse as far as nausea goes, but atleast you don't have to chug nasty syrup.

the taste of robotussin cough syrup is far superior to the generic brands around here (in Canada) lol. I like the taste in comparison, for some reason i can imagine the taste and visualize it; other syrups just taste nasty and thick.

Robo gels are relatively easy to get down if you swallow 8-10 at a time, don't swallow one pill after another as that'll definitely make you gag. The syrup is pretty easy to chug but disgusting. I find they both take about the same time to kick in. I stick to robo gels now, it's just more convenient

IMO the generic syrups are slightly less awful then name brand robitussin, but still pretty horrible.

I 600 ml of DXM too much for a first time dose?

I weight 150lb aprox. 5'11 and can handle myself fairly well on a most drugs I've tried..

lol i did 800mg my first time...
Im never touching the stuff again...

1/3 users of DXM will get a not so nice experience.

350mg max id say lol

According to the online DXM dose calculator ( http://dxm.darkridge.com/calc.html ) 600ml Robitussin for a 150lb person exceeds a the maximum recommended dose for a 4th plateu trip. Taking that much would be a bad idea and could be toxic ( serotonin syndrome ).

If you miss-typed and meant 600mg, that would put you in the 3rd plateu. Strong dissociative trips are of an entirely different character than psychedelics and can be scary. DXM is powerful at high doses and should be respected. That said you'll probably live through a 600mg (not ml) trip, even if some of it freaks you out. I however would start at a no more than a second plateu dose first to get a taste of the DXM experience first before going full on dissociative.

To clarify what I mean by scary/freaky, I once took 1200mg. I weighed 235 at the time so that measurred out to a 3rd plateau trip. I experienced full blown reality melting open eyed hallucinations ( not illusionations like with most psyches ). Also, for the first time ever I had somatic hallucinations where I would feel and see my body stretch and contort which was really amazing/scary. Mentally, at times I felt like an outside observer while I was being manipulated by an alien intelligence. It was very "lovecraftian". While it was an incredible experience, I was honestly spooked for a couple weeks after.

Thanks. Ive decided to go with the syrup because some of the pills have polyethylene glycol in them, which, Im understanding to be some form of laxative.
Id prefer not to get the shits half way through my trip..

I used to chug tussin until it started making me puke mid chug.

Robogels always worked great and eliminated the nasty taste.

I can't even drink Coke anymore because that is what I would use to swallow the pills. YUCK

Have fun mate, I had some real fun times RoboTrippin!